LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Prequel Trilogy (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   Was Dooku planning to betray Sidious? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163512)

Darth Macca 04-10-2006 03:06 PM

Was Dooku planning to betray Sidious?
 
In Episode II when Obi-Wan has been captured and is locked inside a ray shield, Count Dooku explains to him that Darth Sidious is in control of the Separadists and the Republic. He says "Join me and we can end the Sith...". Is Dooku being genuine? Does he actually want to kill Sidious and the remiaining Sith? Or is it just a decoy of some sort to kill Obi-Wan?

Thoughts?

Diego Varen 04-10-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
In Episode II when Obi-Wan has been captured and is locked inside a ray shield, Count Dooku explains to him that Darth Sidious is in control of the Separadists and the Republic. He says "Join me and we can end the Sith...". Is Dooku being genuine? Does he actually want to kill Sidious and the remiaining Sith? Or is it just a decoy of some sort to kill Obi-Wan?

Thoughts?

I think that Dooku wanted to take Palpatine's place as Dark Lord of the Sith. He was going to use Obi-Wan to help him kill him, then Dooku would kill Obi-Wan. It was the same with Vader. Vader tried to get Luke to join him and overthrow Palpatine, then probably take over the Galaxy for himself.

Darth Macca 04-10-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsie
I think that Dooku wanted to take Palpatine's place as Dark Lord of the Sith. He was going to use Obi-Wan to help him kill him, then Dooku would kill Obi-Wan. It was the same with Vader. Vader tried to get Luke to join him and overthrow Palpatine, then probably take over the Galaxy for himself.

Who'd want an apprentice, eh? Because at the end of the day...they always plan to kill you...same old, same old!

Diego Varen 04-10-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Who'd want an apprentice, eh? Because at the end of the day...they always plan to kill you...same old, same old!

That's what I'm basically saying. Dooku would use Obi-Wan, then kill him and Vader would probably kill Luke if they ever helped them.

Darth Macca 04-10-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsie
That's what I'm basically saying. Dooku would use Obi-Wan, then kill him and Vader would probably kill Luke if they ever helped them.

I understand what you're saying and it is most probably true. I was just saying why would you want a Sith apprentice because in the end they always plan to kill you!

Wraith 8 04-11-2006 06:47 AM

thats the way of the sith... the sith always want power... they want to rule..... but they also want their ways to continue.... play Knights of the old republic to really understand it.

the apprentice always want the place of the master.

Darth Macca 04-11-2006 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith 8
thats the way of the sith... the sith always want power... they want to rule..... but they also want their ways to continue.... play Knights of the old republic to really understand it.

the apprentice always want the place of the master.

I have completed both KotoR's...It was a sarcastic/rhetorical question! It's obvious that the Sith always want more power...as you say, "thats the way of the sith".

Prime 04-11-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsie
That's what I'm basically saying. Dooku would use Obi-Wan, then kill him

Or corrupt him and have him become his apprentice..

Det. Bart Lasiter 04-11-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
In Episode II when Obi-Wan has been captured and is locked inside a ray shield, Count Dooku explains to him that Darth Sidious is in control of the Separadists and the Republic. He says "Join me and we can end the Sith...". Is Dooku being genuine? Does he actually want to kill Sidious and the remiaining Sith? Or is it just a decoy of some sort to kill Obi-Wan?

Thoughts?

Sith apprentices always want to kill their masters and take power. I think their masters would be disappointed if they didn't :p

Darth Macca 04-12-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac7142
Sith apprentices always want to kill their masters and take power. I think their masters would be disappointed if they didn't :p

True, True.

I hear Darth Maul tried to kill Sidious during his training...because of this, Sidious claimed that Maul had completed his training therefore he declared Maul as his apprentice. Is this true?

KyleOfHarpenden 04-21-2006 08:18 PM

i dont think maul would even be able to scratch sidious hes more of an assain where as sidious relys on the force powers more, Dooku owuld have just cintinued the way of the sith (2 so kill his master) because Obi-Wan had acess to him it would be easier, and dooku can stop lightnin so he would have some chance against sidious but he did train Qui-Gon so i think he just wanted to see how strong his apprentices apprentice was in a way because Qui-Gon was one of the greatest jedi(Trained himself to have life after death!) so maybe thats y Dooku wanted him to learn how 2 stay alive forever.

Shane_1990 05-13-2006 10:13 AM

Yep i think Count Dooku was aswell, either wise he would have not of suggested what he did. And also all the dark lords want power POWER MAD!, espcalley Darth Sidious.

PoiuyWired 05-13-2006 01:16 PM

Well, Doku and Obi ruling the galaxy "father n Son" ... at least thats what Doku would hope.

I truly believe Doku really would like to rid the galaxy of the evil sith Sidious. Thats the sith way.

Killwithhonor 05-13-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleOfHarpenden
i dont think maul would even be able to scratch sidious hes more of an assain where as sidious relys on the force powers more, Dooku owuld have just cintinued the way of the sith (2 so kill his master) because Obi-Wan had acess to him it would be easier, and dooku can stop lightnin so he would have some chance against sidious but he did train Qui-Gon so i think he just wanted to see how strong his apprentices apprentice was in a way because Qui-Gon was one of the greatest jedi(Trained himself to have life after death!) so maybe thats y Dooku wanted him to learn how 2 stay alive forever.

i never understood that, in the end of the third movie it said something about Obi-Wan being able to meet his old friend then Obi says "Qui Gon" then it cuts the scene, so could someone enlighten me on this?

Maverick5770 05-14-2006 11:53 AM

That is yoda telling Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon found a way to preserve himself forever in the force. Yoda then teaches Obi-Wan how to communicate with his old Master.

06protoguy 05-15-2006 02:12 PM

Every Sith usually wants to destroy his master. Darth Vader wanted to and eventually did but he always needed the emperor. After the death of Padme the only thing keeping Vader from killing the emperor was his hope to bring her back.

PoiuyWired 05-15-2006 04:18 PM

Somehow I think Vader's Meditation chamber is filled with pictures and plushies of Padme. :3

It is also interested to note that the "sith lord" thingy is but a title, there are many darkside followers beneath them as we know it. But yeah sith no not sith, any darksider who follows the way of the sith would exercise it by climbing up the food chain, retiring those above them.

JoesGuy 07-16-2006 07:04 AM

Is it just me, or would it be much better if the galaxy were run by Dooku/Vader as opposed to Palpatine? :)

=DEATH STAR= 07-16-2006 12:59 PM

dooku wanted to overthrow sidious so he could be emperor (wich never happened) he wnated obi wan's help because two are better that one (i dont know if someone else posted this but i dont read every post in the thread :smash:

ch0g0nda 07-16-2006 06:05 PM

Dooku couldn't do anything like that, it's not in his character.

JoesGuy 07-17-2006 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase Windu
um...ok.

You know, talking down to people like that is not a nice way of going about things. :(

PoiuyWired 07-17-2006 05:57 PM

Hmmm...

Actully I do think that Dooku would be relatively "kinder" than palpy in certain things. Yes he might actually make a better emperor. Then again it is also easier replacing him with one of the darksiders, as his grip of the Empire might not be as tight and far.

Remember his bulk of troops would be Droids, and we know how they fare in battle. Sure they are easily replaced, but still maintinance is more than some lazy sandtroopers.

St. Jimmy 07-18-2006 10:26 AM

I vote Dooku for Emperor! While I wouldn't want either, I think I'd rather have 'The Count' as my ruler...

PoiuyWired 07-18-2006 02:29 PM

I Personally don't think the Sith is into the whole Democracy thing of "voting" their Sith Lords... What's next? "The Naboo Gates"?

ExileRevan 07-21-2006 03:51 AM

Dooku saw himself as the ruler of an empire, or just his ideals forced as a dictatorship.

Black Jesus 07-27-2006 08:48 AM

Ever since the introduction of the "rule of two" by Darth Bane, this has come up before.

All apprentices will betray their masters at the right opportunity. Sith crave power, and their philosophies are based on the search and maintaining of power.

So, yes, I always believe the apprentice will try to become the master - doesn't Anakin say it himself in Ep 3?

grrrrrrrrrr7 08-07-2006 09:35 AM

Well like all Sith and what many of you have said, lesser Sith always want to overthrow the greater Sith. It's just their way. They were characterized by their single-minded lust for power and the brutal methods they were willing to use in order to acquire it. The sect existed in many diverse forms throughout galactic history. Originally, the Sith were a humanoid species that interbred with a group of exiled Dark Jedi, but after the rise and fall of that people, the meaning of the term 'Sith' evolved. In time, the Sith would not be identified by their race, but by their dedication to the ancient Sith philosophy. This tells that they always want more than they have (you may already know this). What Dooku wanted to do after he overthrew the Emperor (which he never did) is create a "grand army of the sith". All the jedi would be forced to turn to the dark side. This never happened.

JoesGuy 08-08-2006 03:30 AM

More corrupt eh? That doesn't seem too unlikely. The force can do terrible things to a mind. It can wipe away your entire memory and destroy your very identity.....damn, I've gotta stop playing KotOR so late at night. :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.