LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Land of the Dead (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=227)
-   -   One thing you'd change (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164848)

Scorpicus 05-13-2006 02:55 PM

One thing you'd change

So if you could change one thing in Grim Fandango - what it would be? Take perfection to the next level: Uber Ultimate Supertastic Perfection!! :nut:

I would change the glitchy lifts.

James Isaac 05-13-2006 04:07 PM

I would change it so that the balloon twister did let you through his tent ;)

Grim_comician 05-14-2006 05:40 AM

Scorpicus> There is an official GF patch that fixes that elevator glitch, so it's already done.
Anyway, I'd like to fix the scythe problem that you won't have it in Year 3 after you've jammed the food closet in High roller's lounge.

Scorpicus 05-14-2006 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim_comician
Scorpicus> There is an official GF patch that fixes that elevator glitch, so it's already done.
Anyway, I'd like to fix the scythe problem that you won't have it in Year 3 after you've jammed the food closet in High roller's lounge.

Excerllentae! :thmbup1:

Well then, I'd better better change my answer: I would change Nick going to hell! How could they do that to the coolest charachter in the game? It sickens me...

Thrik 05-14-2006 11:01 AM

Justice.

VampireNaomi 05-14-2006 12:33 PM

As I said in this thread, I'd like to make Year 3 more interactive and insert more characters you could talk to. While the whole Manny/Meche angle in the third year was interesting, that year failed to touch me emotionally in the same way the other years did.

And I agree with you about Nick! I guess he deserved it, but damn, he was so cool. When I saw him in the train I thought he'd play a big part in Year 4 and was SO disappointed when he went down with the train.

Scorpicus 05-14-2006 01:55 PM

I love the way you gently imply: "YOU STOLE MY THREAD YOU CRETIN!!"

Shuz 05-14-2006 09:01 PM

- Bring back Domino's lost dialogue in year 3
- add more El Marrow content

Shuz 05-14-2006 09:02 PM

- bring back Domino's lost dialogue in year 3
- add more year 1 El Marrow content

Samnmax221 05-15-2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Isaac

I'll drink to that

I'd also like more characters, more locations, and to fix the scyth glitch

I ask a little much don't I

VampireNaomi 05-15-2006 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpicus
I love the way you gently imply: "YOU STOLE MY THREAD YOU CRETIN!!"

Of course. I think it's the first time I've been able to do that. :D

Tall Guy 05-16-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

awww me too dude hehe when i saw pics of the demo i couldnt wait to get into that carnival! i spent about 3 hours trying to find a way through in case id missed something...

igyman 05-19-2006 05:36 AM

The only thing I'd change is this - I WOULD want to make GF2, unlike Lucas Arts.

I say, I say 05-19-2006 02:31 PM

Though I liked how you were thrown into different environments after a time-change ie Year 1-2, I would like to know how certain characters developed with Manny. I suppose Lola's death scene would have been more emotional had we known more abt her. Also I'd like to see more of what happened that last night in El Marrow; perhaps from Salvador's perspective.

Frenkieee 05-23-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igyman
The only thing I'd change is this - I WOULD want to make GF2, unlike Lucas Arts.

Amen to that!

King Dando 05-24-2006 09:33 AM

I would want to see more of El Marrow in year one, most notably so, the festival, that would of been awesome. Also I was looking forward to Puerto Zapato, but I never saw it :(

I would of liked more locations, like a small town between the petrified forest and Rubacava, or a small island area in the Sea of Lament? and perhaps a bigger gap between the years instead of just a cutscene.

Yohein 05-24-2006 10:58 AM

I'm not sure, but maybe I would give Copal a bigger part in the story. I love that character, and when he died so early, I was a bit dissapointed. I would have given him another oportunity to screw up :D and Hector would have shot him :D

Chris]# 06-01-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuz
- Bring back Domino's lost dialogue in year 3

You mean when he talks to Manny in his office at the edge of the world? That's there for me, which is funny because I don't remember it being there last time I properly played the game which was about 3 years ago :smash:

Scorpicus 06-01-2006 12:56 PM

That dialog comes and goes for me, sometimes its there and sometimes it not.

poinsettia 06-02-2006 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Dando
I would want to see more of El Marrow in year one, most notably so, the festival, that would of been awesome. Also I was looking forward to Puerto Zapato, but I never saw it :(

I would of liked more locations, like a small town between the petrified forest and Rubacava, or a small island area in the Sea of Lament? and perhaps a bigger gap between the years instead of just a cutscene.

I agree with you. Maybe not a whole town but just one big expensive house? Maybe some sort of 1920's modern white house with floor to celling windows and flat roof?

Maybe a door is left open Mannie can go into the modern house take some items and talk to the person who lives there...

Yohein 06-02-2006 02:59 PM

I would also like to see one of those Cat Races from a bit closer. The picture Lola gives you of one race is impressive.

itchythesamurai 06-02-2006 04:52 PM

I would've liked the cheat that made Manny fly to have actually worked.

Grim_comician 06-03-2006 07:08 AM

The flying cheat? I've read about it in the cheatbook, but I'd rather think it's a bull****. Flying would be pointless in Grim Fandango.

Yohein 06-03-2006 07:38 AM

Well, it would help to avoid all the Year 2. Manny would have reached the ship if he could fly :D :D
So, it's not useless... it's worse, because Year 2 is one of the best years :D

Grim_comician 06-03-2006 08:55 AM

That would be a change on the plot. It's just too bad that it doesn't even exist... for you.

urluckyday 06-10-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

That'd definitely be my top choice...I always wanted to go interact with the other people on the other side...but we can always dream...

Nick Virago 07-19-2006 12:27 PM

Change? when you reach perfection, you better leave it that way.

Abbath 07-21-2006 10:07 AM

I would change the tent in El Marrow so you can walk and see the festival

Quoththeraven 08-04-2006 03:57 AM

Apart from me being there? More Domino, definatley. ( sorry. I really can't spell) Although I do love his death scene (double death? somthing like that) I would love to have a chance to really see him in all his arrogant glory. Considering he's one of Manny's worst enimies, and really a motive for the theft that started it all, we don't see much of him.

Smon 08-04-2006 04:08 AM

...now that you mention it, I do wanna see a scene where Hector first asks Domino to be his right hand man.

Grim_comician 08-04-2006 08:20 AM

I'd also like to see some shots of Manny's in his past time in the DOD as a successful salesman till Don and Domino came in.

coat check girl 08-17-2006 11:02 AM

I'd like to know more about Olivia and more of Dom's pet octopus.