LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   JA Coding (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=539)
-   -   Maxed Out ServerInfo (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167415)

razorace 07-11-2006 09:10 PM

Maxed Out ServerInfo

I've discovered that OJP is right at the cusp of the maximum serverinfo cvars (CVAR_SERVERINFO) that the game can handle. Does anyone have any suggestions on which cvars could have the serverinfo flag removed without anyone really caring? In addition, is there a way to boost the limit without forcing players to run the mod clientside?

Tinny 07-11-2006 10:13 PM

Are all the g_ cvars considered server info cvars?

razorace 07-11-2006 10:37 PM

Only the ones with the CVAR_SERVERINFO flag set.

stubert 07-13-2006 12:09 PM

are you sure all of them need to be set as serverinfo? i doubt anyone would go browsing for a server with all 30 (or whatever) settings just the way they like

razorace 07-13-2006 07:12 PM

That's my point exactly. I'm looking for suggestions of what can be cut. :)

ensiform 07-13-2006 07:22 PM

which ones are exactly?

my mod adds 10 and it still works fine, and 2 systeminfo cvars.

Email: Not Needed
URL: Not Needed
ojp_cutscenes: Not Needed
g_allowBotLimit: Not Needed
g_maxBots: Not Needed
g_minHumans: Not Needed

This is just what i could see from meatgrinder running on basic in ASE.

edit: from latest cvs update:

g_saberDamageScale: Not Needed
g_saberanimspeed: Why is this both SERVERINFO and SYSTEMINFO ? they can both be accessed via client if you want to.
sv_fps: Should be kept as base style and you really shouldn't set it higher than 20 because it messes with things other than the lightning bug that was fixed.
ojp_allowBodyDodge: Not Needed

razorace 07-18-2006 03:19 AM

Hold on, what other things does sv_fps mess up?

Vruki Salet 07-18-2006 10:36 AM

When you're back from checking out the sv_fps issue, do you really need to keep g_saberWallDamageScale? It seems you've also designed the enhanced saber system around pretty specific values for g_forceRegenTime and g_dodgeRegenTime so maybe you could remove those too.

ensiform 07-18-2006 10:51 AM

alt fire rocket think is one thing off the top of my head, in the other q3 engines it is also affected and recommended/and or things require it to be at 20.

razorace 07-18-2006 02:56 PM

Well, the sv_fps really helps with saber hit detection. As for the alt fire rocket, I can look into fixing it so that it can operate correctly with different sv_fps settings.

ensiform 07-18-2006 05:01 PM

sv_fps 20 is the best setting for the engine overall.

BlÁb 08-06-2006 10:09 AM

if you don't run anything clientside, then none of the mod cvars need to be serverinfo anyway!?
and if it's for clientplugin users then group the true/false stuff into a few bit-value vars if that's not done

i dunno if that's done tho, just trying to help ^^

ensiform 08-06-2006 01:54 PM

actually sending a command and parsing it in cg_servercmds would be best or a config string (but raven kinda screwed things up with the config strings that makes it impossible to add anymore and still be a server-side mod)