LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   DownTime: The Pilot's Lounge (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
-   -   Galaxies (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168102)

Jared 07-26-2006 11:29 PM

Galaxies

I recently started playing Star wars galaxies on the starsider server cause Rogue 15 had been telling me how awsome it was for years haha.. I finally decided to pay for it...and now it seems i'm addicted. I was wondering if anyone here plays galaxies. Or if anyones alive out there. Cmon Aresen...where you at?

Lynk Former 07-27-2006 12:06 AM

*wakes up, stabs Jared* We're trying to sleep here! *goes back to sleep*

Rogue15 07-27-2006 11:21 AM

i will have 10mps broadband connection set up on tuesday. I can't wait.

Jared, we only need to convince the dark lord DSS to join us, then the Aresen guild won't be disbanded every week due to lack of members. (need 5 members total)

Kuuki 07-27-2006 03:51 PM

I play World of Wacraft :D

AND YOU WONT DARE CONVINCE ME TO PLAY!!!

...cus i wont. :D

Rogue15 07-27-2006 11:41 PM

**** you!

Kuuki 07-28-2006 06:29 AM

ASTERISKS TO YOU TOO BUDDY!! :P

Code:

7$$$$
          $$$$$
    .?.  $$$$$  .?.
  .$$$7. $$$$7 .7$$$.
  .$$$$$$77$$$77$$$$$7.
    .7$$$$$$$$$$$$$7.
      .7$$$$$$$7:
    ?7$$$$$$$$$$I
  .7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  $$$$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$$ 
  $$$  7$$$7  .$$$ 
        $$$$7 
                7$$$$

Rogue15 07-28-2006 10:22 AM

ow :(

man we need more RSNians in galaxies.....leemu and wraithy used to play but i guess they switched to WoW after NGE killed off most of the professions.

Kuuki 07-28-2006 10:39 AM

you know what realm they play on in WoW? :D

Rogue15 07-28-2006 10:42 AM

no clue.

Jared 07-28-2006 10:50 PM

I joined the Divine Darkness guild but.. If we can manage to keep the RSN guild together i'll leave that guild. Emilio plays galaxies? No ****? Where the hell is he I havnt heard from him in like a year or something.. They are about to add alot of cool stuff to the bounty hunter and jedi prof... which is sweet... i'm level 56 and cant seem to level up, there are no quests, also chapter 2 is being released which means i can level up more. I finished all the quests that arent group that give decent xp. Except all the Missions on the wookie planet but those are too hard for my skill level.

Dark Sad Shadow 08-09-2006 01:30 PM

hehehe ok ill join :D

swphreak 08-09-2006 02:21 PM

I used to play SWG like... years ago, and I'm not touching WoW because I'm sick and tired of the usual run-of-the-mill-fantasy-elves-orc MMO. Don't judge me, it's only a trial. :p

Everyone should play EVE Online. It actually lets you fly space ships... but then everyone will be bored after a month...

Pho3nix 08-13-2006 06:23 PM

I don't think i'll ever start playing SWG, it seems kinda in the Beta-stage.
I'm a recovering WoW addict and veteran. I was thinking of trying out Auto Assault.

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/producti...g/28563_01.jpg

swphreak 08-14-2006 07:43 AM

Unless it's a free trial, don't waste your money. Besides, from what I've read, the devs are struggling to keep players playing. Not suprising, I got bored of it quickly, and there was just too much lag when there were other players.

Rogue15 08-18-2006 01:30 AM

it's what you make of it....like force commander for instance....millions hated it, i enjoyed it. i'm having a great time on galaxies right now, my poor xbox is collecting dust. :(

i hope the devs don't put in a toilet bowl-watered-down version of a smuggling system when they implement it.....hopefully it kicks ass and gives me more diverse targets...sick of jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi jedi.....

Jared 08-21-2006 03:28 AM

Yea I know what you mean. Too many damn jedi. I'm gonna stay bounty hunter. Its funner with the new expertise system and i'm combat level 77.

Dss... dude.. you gotta play man. I'm addicted to galaxies.

Rogue15 08-21-2006 08:16 AM

cl77?! lol....i love the template i got right now...it's so nice! sucks that i can't wear those microservo gloves that give the 20 extra points of agility and stamina. :( least i can wear the miner's gloves which give me the advanced fire protection (did you do that part yet?)

Dark Sad Shadow 08-22-2006 10:19 AM

15 i hate you :D i doesnt work the damn game

Kuuki 08-22-2006 10:51 AM

should join me in Warcrack in Earthern Realm, DSS :D

Dark Sad Shadow 08-22-2006 05:44 PM

tell me when you are ready :) name the server, give me the ip and i join in warcrack the frozen butt XD

Taos 08-23-2006 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared
I'm addicted to galaxies.

Jared I am truly sorry to hear this news. I won't rant, but I played from Beta 3 all the way up to the NGE...and I won't go back. Now I don't know if you played the game at all before now, but I think if I hadn't played it before...I might actually enjoy it now. But I've logged in on friends accounts...and it's so depressing. I just can't do it.

Anyways I did play WoW for a short time, it was ok, not really for me. But I got talked into checking out CoV and i've been playing that silly/stupid game for a bit lol. I'm on the Freedom server @Leemu Taos if anyone else plays. :P

swphreak 08-23-2006 08:37 AM

LEEMU!

You're just now playing CoH/CoV? Where were you when me and Eets were playing!

It'll be entertaining for awhile, but it'll get old. Just like every other MMO I've played.

Dark Sad Shadow 08-23-2006 10:33 AM

i cant play galaxies ****ty program doesnt work :(

Ray Jones 08-23-2006 10:35 AM

I'll give you the following term, for immediate consideration:

PANTIES!!!

Rogue15 08-23-2006 10:41 AM

did you uninstall it and dload from a different source other than what the main site gives? apparantly that has worked for some.

hey leemu, i still play. Every night 11:20pm-1am or 2am. still Bounty Hunter. Elder Bounty Hunter at that. :D

Dark Sad Shadow 08-24-2006 09:52 AM

i tried that and nothing happened

Rogue15 08-24-2006 10:45 AM

damn.

Ray Jones 08-24-2006 10:53 AM

Oh-hoho. A phrase not heard very often from you.

DSS: "Yer, baby, I'm serious. Zucchinis are important. Let's try something different now."

*later*

Girl: "Uuuuh Mr. Shadow, such thing never happened to me before."

I can imagine what you reported to the local farmer guy, eh.

Dark Sad Shadow 08-24-2006 02:05 PM

BOOOM BABY!! you know me :D

Kuuki 08-24-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Sad Shadow
jajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

would this be right too?

Devil Doll 08-27-2006 11:42 PM

weird I mention something (or the fact that I'm posting again :p) but if you go to aol.com and check the trial games section you can dl the SWG trial correctly, this is one of the very few things AOL did right, a lot of mirror sites don't work, so if you use that you can play the trial, even though you can't go past lvl 10 or get out of the beginners ship.

and just in the very last of the cases, if you guys really want to try making the aresen guild, I think I can use my veteran's trial ticket to reactivate one of my accounts for 2 weeks and join the guild so it won't be disbanded, can't add naja since I reactivated that account for the trial like 2 months ago, so I'd use a CL6 nub for the guild ;), not that I'd play, I'm stuck Playing WoW still :D

*bites Aresen*

Rogue15 08-28-2006 01:37 AM

we're in the guild "Divine Darkness"

Kuuki 08-28-2006 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Doll
I'm stuck Playing WoW still :D

*bites Aresen*

What realm? :D

*ow*

Dark Sad Shadow 08-28-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

weird I mention something (or the fact that I'm posting again :p) but if you go to aol.com and check the trial games section you can dl the SWG trial correctly, this is one of the very few things AOL did right,

Thank you :stick: but i tried that one too :( ill update again my pc drivers and try it again... If not ill be stuck on Diabolos on Final fantasy XI , ill get Wow ive heard alot of it and ill try it just for fun...

cya laterx

Devil Doll 08-28-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scar Da Kookee
What realm? :D

*ow*

let me see....

Hellscream, Maelstrom, Bloodhoof, Greymane, Argent Dawn, Alexstraza, Dethecus, Scarlet Crusade and used to play on Sargeras, Elune and Twisting Nether but I deleted my toons there.

and yes, I DO play in all those servers :xp: ;P

and I still have a few characters left to create toons on a couple servers more, so depending on how easy can someone convince me I can make toons in other servers :D, been playing since Beta and I'm the biggest slacker in the guild hehe.

heard the trial versions from download sites for SW:G suck big time lately, good I still have my cds from my original account, I just had to download 10000000000000000000000000000000 patches when I reactivated just for fun.

about WoW, I have like a million trials aswell, I still get all those mails of "recruit a friend" that are still active and my trial version from my Collector's Edition and one last CD I got when I bought another starcraft battlechest when I was Cali with my BF, I couldn't get any of my other copies to work and I wanted to play with my geeky BF some old games, so we got it when we were heading to the airport when it was time to come back, so yeah, I think I have a few trials to give just like those AOL CDs =p

Rogue15 08-29-2006 01:16 AM

on galaxies i play on starsider as Kioet' (apostrophe added) Jared plays as Ogsken, the little respec-jedi. :rolleyes:

Kuuki 08-29-2006 05:54 AM

Quote:

let me see....

Hellscream, Maelstrom, Bloodhoof, Greymane, Argent Dawn, Alexstraza, Dethecus, Scarlet Crusade and used to play on Sargeras, Elune and Twisting Nether but I deleted my toons there.

well like i mentoned elsewhere I play on Earthern Realm :)

*kicks blizzard*
how dare you charge my account!

b0o 08-31-2006 10:44 PM

I play on Earthern Realm aswell. ;)

Jared 09-09-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue15
on galaxies i play on starsider as Kioet' (apostrophe added) Jared plays as Ogsken, the little respec-jedi. :rolleyes:

you know, I found at combat level 86 I could kill your ass as a jedi... And no wonder you hate jedi... they are like tanks... anyways i'll probablly try out smuggler when they release the expertise part... I dunno..

Rogue15 09-09-2006 11:39 PM

just play what ya feel good at, try em all out. I find i like bh more, cause i get a thrill out of singling someone random rebel out and hunting them down, not because i'm uber or anything like that....it's nice to win, yes, but moreso when you're health drops to less than 100, and you get that final shot just in time...or whip out a weapon or unleash a special you almost forgot about, and shock+awe effect on enemy at the last minute of the battle. i've had 1 battle last a freaking 45 minutes, and i won.....that was vs that ithorian elder jedi...talk about fighting for every penny.....his bounty was only slightly more than 20,000 credits...10k less than most npc marks.

it's all about how you play. just like in manowars 3 or saber battle x for mysteries of the sith...