LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=444)
-   -   Best Lightsaber Duel (Ep. I - VI) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169350)

Negative Sun 08-18-2006 05:30 PM

Best Lightsaber Duel (Ep. I - VI)

They all rule but everyone must have a favourite, Mine you ask? It would be Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan VS Darth Maul

grrrrrrrrrr7 08-18-2006 05:44 PM

I voted for Anakin vs. Obi Wan. I thought that it had the most action.

Pho3nix 08-18-2006 05:54 PM

My number #1 choice would be Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul.
my #2 is Anakin vs. Obi-Wan (Ep.III)
and #3 is Luke vs. Darth Vader (Ep.6)

MachineCult 08-18-2006 06:21 PM

The best has to be Obi-wan vs. Anakin, followed closely by Obi-wan vs. Darth Maul.
(lol, Obi pwns.)

Davinq 08-18-2006 06:39 PM

^^^
Yes he does, but against Maul... his emotions got the better of him, and he almost died. Against Anakin, he pwns all. I would have though Anakin's defection to the Dark Side would have had a more profound impact on Obi-wan's self control, but dear Obi never hesitates, always pwns.

Great Scott! 08-18-2006 10:03 PM

Luke vs. Vader in episode VI, I almost cried the first time I saw Vader sacrifice himself like that.

Negative Sun 08-19-2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davin Qe-Kora
^^^
Yes he does, but against Maul... his emotions got the better of him, and he almost died.

I think that's what makes that scene so cool...the ferocious attack against Maul after Qui-Gon gets killed, just brilliant...

RC-1162 08-19-2006 10:28 AM

Obi Pwan (;)) Kenobi vs Anakin (EP3) rules all other duels.

Negative Sun 08-20-2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachineCult
The best has to be Obi-wan vs. Anakin, followed closely by Obi-wan vs. Darth Maul.
(lol, Obi pwns.)

You seem to be fond of things that pwn, here's a gif I made recently I thought you might like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/yodapwns.gif

Jeff 08-20-2006 08:40 AM

Obi-Wan vs Vader in RotS.

MachineCult 08-20-2006 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negative_Sun
You seem to be fond of things that pwn, here's a gif I made recently I thought you might like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/yodapwns.gif

Rofl! Nice one, I love pwnage gifs;

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/643/owned8tqhz1.gif

Negative Sun 08-20-2006 06:26 PM

hehehe, thought you might like...
Off Topic, is this board always this dead?

Fealiks 08-21-2006 11:25 AM

Yeah, Lucasforums is rapidly dying :(

Anyway, I like Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin best, it's amazingly choreographed and has brilliant emotions flying around throughout. Also, it's really long.

Edit: Oh look, 888 posts :D sorry, back on topic!

Commander Obi-Wan 08-21-2006 04:43 PM

LF isn't really dying, it's the this esction that maybe dying.

I'd have to go with Obi-Wan V.S. Darth Vader in Ep. III or Darth Maul V.S. Qui-Gonn and Obi.

Fealiks 08-21-2006 06:15 PM

This erection is the "heart" of lucasforums, it's only a symbol of everything else dying. Grim fandango boards = dead samnmax boards = dead monkey island boards = dying slowly. *emo tear*

Also, I liked Yoda vs. Doooockoooo

Commander Obi-Wan 08-21-2006 08:57 PM

Well, most of the other forums (KotOR, Jedi Knight Series) for example, are quite far from dead at the moment, and EaW and Lego Star Wars aren't slowly dying.

obXI 08-21-2006 10:14 PM

Sounds like a good topic for another thread...;)

Obi vs Maul- Even though it was short, it was the most intense. Set the standard for all to follow.

Negative Sun 08-22-2006 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
Well, most of the other forums (KotOR, Jedi Knight Series) for example, are quite far from dead at the moment, and EaW and Lego Star Wars aren't slowly dying.

Jedi Knight isn't THAT active though...

Pho3nix 08-22-2006 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negative_Sun
Jedi Knight isn't THAT active though...

Maybe it's just the summertime? Usually people tend to be more active at wintertime.

Jeff 08-22-2006 10:57 AM

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3681/porkinsfr9.jpg

St. Jimmy 08-22-2006 09:02 PM

Obi Wan VS. Maul. It's great and I love watching Spike-head fight.

CSI 09-20-2006 09:24 PM

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan. Apprentice and Master. An Epic duel, it is.

JediLandon 09-21-2006 12:49 PM

Anakin vs Obi wan and Darth Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan :lsduel:

Prime 09-21-2006 01:17 PM

IMO Jinn/Kenobi/Maul is the best, at least in choreography...

Negative Sun 09-24-2006 07:15 AM

Hands Down! Nothing else even comes close when it comes to intensity...

Sabretooth 09-26-2006 09:29 AM

The Ep. III duels were pure quality, but nothing was as entertaining as the Ep I duels. Especially because nobody had seen such hi-speed lightsaber action before and if you ask me, nobody will anymore, with Maul gone. They could have given Grievous some better lightsabering skills, but no, he has to be the bitchy evil megalomaniac who dies in the most pathetic fight in SW history.

RC-1162 09-26-2006 10:51 AM

not to mention, he lost two of his hands in like 15 seconds. and they say he killed Jedi. :xp:

Emperor Devon 09-26-2006 08:58 PM

A tie between Vader vs. Luke in both movies. Yes, the swordplay and special effects aren't as good, but who cares? :)

Great Scott! 09-27-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fealiks
This erection is the "heart" of lucasforums

Ewwww!

And who voted the best duel was Obi-Wan vs. Vader from Episode IV? I know it ended the huge duel that started in episode III, but seriously, it was so... boring! Slow combat and no force powers, and one person just ended up letting the other kill him (which is the only lightsaber duel this happens). I probably would have too to get out of that slow, boring duel.

EDIT: Well, okay, Vader sacrifices himself in RotJ, but first of all, that's not during a lightsaber duel (just the emporer shocking Luke), and second of all, he does it to save his son and the galaxy, not just for the heck of it or trying to look "honorable."

Q 09-29-2006 02:36 PM

Definitely Obi-Wan vs. Maul. Ray Park's skill is extremely impressive. I can watch that one over and over.

Cygnus Q'ol 10-27-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime
IMO Jinn/Kenobi/Maul is the best, at least in choreography...

Absolutely, and it's the first time experiencing a saberstaff.

Rabish Bini 10-29-2006 03:49 AM

I would have to say:
1)Obi Vs. Vader-Ep. III
2)Jinn Vs. Maul-Ep. I
3)Luke Vs. Vader-Ep. V

Mace MacLeod 11-14-2006 09:32 AM

Hmm.

Darth Maul saberstaff action in Ep. 1 was probably the best choreographed, and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin in Ep. 3 had the best action, but my personal favourite was Yoda vs Dooku at the end of Ep. 2. Seeing that for the first time just made the whole movie right there, with his "Super-Grover" battlecry and his hopping around and bouncing off the walls. No other lightsaber fight really had the same OMFG impact as seeing that for the first time, because even though you know Yoda's a Jedi Master and everything, it's the first time you've ever seen him really move and fight like a Jedi Master. Great stuff.

The_Wombird 11-14-2006 11:21 PM

Look, I don't know why, but I liked the brief battle between Dooku and Anakin on board the Invisible Hand in Episode III. I also really enjoyed the lightsaber battle in Episode 1 between Maul and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan (a classic).
The battle between Grievous and Obi-Wan (not on the poll) was a little dissapointing because I had been expecting a lot more from Grievous, (he was way too slow).

The_Wombird 11-14-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintendork
Luke vs. Vader in episode VI, I almost cried the first time I saw Vader sacrifice himself like that.

Yeah, does anyone else get emotional when viewing Star Wars, or am I the only one? Has anyone actually cried watching Star Wars, like while in the cinemas?

Daft Adidas 12-08-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah, does anyone else get emotional when viewing Star Wars, or am I the only one? Has anyone actually cried watching Star Wars, like while in the cinemas?
Yes i almost cried in Episode 3 at many different occasions. I cried in the cinema once but all i can say is Star Wars is brill and emotional! :duel: This cool smiley.

Titanius Anglesmith 12-08-2006 06:22 PM

Obi Wan vs. Vader in Episode III owns...nothing compares to it.

I came close to crying when seeing Episode III, after Order 66 had just been given and the Jedi got killed. And also at the very end when all the fates of the main characters are being shown to connect the PT and OT. On that part, mostly just because I realized that this was the end, and there would be no more Star Wars movies. :cry8:

Henz 12-10-2006 01:28 PM

Obi/Qui-Gon vs. Maul was never topped IMO (although the Obi v Vader one was awesome)

Pho3nix 12-10-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Wombird

I can honestly say I almost shed a tear when Episode III ended with the beautiful binary sunset scene. :)
It was such a perfect ending for a great movie. And then I also knew it was worth it to wait in line for 12-13h to get tickets to the premiere. :p

Doctorjones 12-19-2006 03:31 PM

I liked the Action in Anakin vs. Obi Wan Kenobi.