LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Whispering Rock Lakeside Chat (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   What if we'd seen Loboto's mind? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=170434)

Rain Woman 09-12-2006 03:57 PM

What if we'd seen Loboto's mind?
 
I was just thinking, Dr. Loboto seems to have quite a few fans at deviantart.com. People love drawing him. But I say, Dr. Loboto's pretty damned evil. I mean, he took out nineteen innocent children's brains! He was going to use them to create an army of psychic death tanks to conquer the world! And yes, I know, Coach Oleander was the one behind the brain-stealing plot, not Loboto, but hey, Oleander reformed and Loboto didn't.

Which got me thinking, what if Raz had gone inside Dr. Loboto's mind? What if he'd seen what was causing Loboto's inner demons and cured HIM, instead of Oleander? What if Loboto didn't get blasted out of the tower to his (presumed) demise? That might be an interesting concept to think about.

We could see Loboto's budding career as a dentist, as well as what drove him insane (something tells me these two events go hand-in-hand, somehow). What did he think of Oleander's take-over-the-world plot? Why would he want to destroy innocent people? Did something happen in his past to push him over the edge and into evil-ness?

One possibility sure would be worth exploring: Holly Ziviene's theory that Bobby is Dr. Loboto's bastard son. If Bobby is so, does either he or Loboto know it? Looking inside Loboto's mind would likely shed some light on this story. It would certainly add a great deal of poignancy to Bobby's character, and God knows he could use some more development.

I know all of Loboto's fans out there would have loved to hear Loboto's side of the story. Sure, he's a fascinating character, but we don't really get to see him as anything other than evil incarnate. Might have been nice to see what makes him tick, don't you guys think?


"A lot of things are going to change around here, Razputin. A power shift. Some big figures will be going down. Some new stars rising. For the meek, justice. For the abusers of power, wedgies and indian burns."

Klia 09-12-2006 05:05 PM

I don't think Loboto was curable, where Oleander was simply insecure Loboto was downright insane. Sure, you could argue that we "cured" the patients at the asylum but by the slight eye-twitch Fred gave it hinted (in a humorous way) that Raz hadn't cured their insanity, just their problems.

I would loved to see what was in Loboto's mind, if done well it would have been creepier than Boyds though without the loveable G-men. (Perhaps Toothy?)

DarthAve 09-12-2006 05:16 PM

If would have people with brains for teeth. Cause he thinks brains are teeth.

And there might be some explanation of the shower cap, and where his eye's are.

If we'd seen Loboto's mind, we'd have sme kickass memory vaults, that's for sure.

KingCheez 09-12-2006 06:26 PM

If we saw into Loboto's mind we'd have gone through more delays for this game, but ultimately finally got more content

Miss_Mayhem 09-12-2006 10:44 PM

Loboto's mind would be a true mental detist office, complete with exxagerated drills and random children screaming while under 'operation'. I think that Loboto was just near too much psytanium, able to make nonpsychics insane as Cruller said, and thus went mad. I'd like to see how Loboto and Oleander met though.

Holly Ziviene 09-13-2006 01:49 PM

The reason Loboto isn't seen as evil by most is that apart from the brainstealing and his attitude towards Sheegor (Who has probably been blackmailed into service by Loboto solely because she's good with brains), he comes off as a nice guy(at least to Dogen).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Woman
One possibility sure would be worth exploring: Holly Ziviene's theory that Bobby is Dr. Loboto's bastard son. If Bobby is so, does either he or Loboto know it? Looking inside Loboto's mind would likely shed some light on this story. It would certainly add a great deal of poignancy to Bobby's character, and God knows he could use some more development.

My theory behind Loboto's insanity is that he took one look at the way Bobby's teeth were coming along and he promptly went insane, causing an urge to pull bigger and bigger teeth from his patients (possibly when there was nothing wrong with said teeth) until he decided that the brain was "the biggest tooth of them all", hence the brainstealing. It's true that Bobby never did mention Loboto on-screen, leaving the question up in the air... but then again, if he does remember Loboto I doubt he's about to tell anyone. It'd be hillarious though:

Bobby:Papa? PAPA! *latches onto Loboto, who screams in horror and tries to get free* YOU CAME BACK FROM THE STORE! ;____;

Also, I doubt Psitanium was what caused Loboto to go insane, as, according to Vernon's story (which I assume was once the honest truth like the lake monster story, just blown out of proportion and added to with each retelling) Loboto didn't originate in Thorney Towers - he's an escaped lunatic from another asylum. However, the Psitanium probably didn't help his sanity any. D:

As for Loboto's mind, I second the Mental Dentist's Office theory.

Caligosto 09-13-2006 01:53 PM

When I started playing Psychonauts for the first time...(last year)
I actually thought I was going to get to see his mind eventually towards the end of the game, imagine my dissapointment! But seriously, Bobby related to Cali? I think Tim would've hinted it in some way if it were true. But yeah, I THIRD the mental destist office thing...heh, third xD

I draw him 24/7 myself so I have to agree he should've been more developed.

Holly Ziviene 09-13-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caligosto
But seriously, Bobby related to Cali? I think Tim would've hinted it in some way if it were true.

It kinda IS hinted in the way they look - they're both lanky blue things with one red and one green eye. (plus for all we know that showercap could be concealling a 'fro.) XD

DarthAve 09-13-2006 03:45 PM

Loboto and Bobby are both kinda villians too... Like father, like son? NO?

Rain Woman 09-13-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly Ziviene
My theory behind Loboto's insanity is that he took one look at the way Bobby's teeth were coming along and he promptly went insane, causing an urge to pull bigger and bigger teeth from his patients (possibly when there was nothing wrong with said teeth) until he decided that the brain was "the biggest tooth of them all", hence the brainstealing. It's true that Bobby never did mention Loboto on-screen, leaving the question up in the air... but then again, if he does remember Loboto I doubt he's about to tell anyone. It'd be hillarious though:

Bobby:Papa? PAPA! *latches onto Loboto, who screams in horror and tries to get free* YOU CAME BACK FROM THE STORE! ;____;

I thought it'd be more likely that Dr. Loboto would have cut all ties with Mama Zilch after knocking her up, as most men do. If he did ever see Bobby after he was born, and if Bobby knew he was his father, no doubt Bobby would have lots of questions for his mama:

Young Bobby: Mommy, who don't you and Daddy live together in the same house? All the other kids' mommies and daddies do.

Mama Zilch: Because you're a little bastard, sweetie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly Ziviene
Also, I doubt Psitanium was what caused Loboto to go insane, as, according to Vernon's story (which I assume was once the honest truth like the lake monster story, just blown out of proportion and added to with each retelling) Loboto didn't originate in Thorney Towers - he's an escaped lunatic from another asylum. However, the Psitanium probably didn't help his sanity any. D:

As for Loboto's mind, I second the Mental Dentist's Office theory.

Yeah, I was also thinking that Vernon's story might have some basis in the truth. Unless we see a Psychonauts sequel, I guess all our truckloads of questions will have to go unanswered. :cry8:


"This game will blow your mind...out of your nose." - an ad

Poopdogjr 09-13-2006 05:02 PM

First the similarities between Sasha and the Censors, and now the similarities between Loboto and Bobby. How could I have not seen these earlier? So many questions left unaswered. I kinda like that at times though. Things that keep you guessing and thinking are more interesting then just knowing everything about them.

Klia 09-13-2006 05:49 PM

I cannot see Bobby and Loboto being related as the thought of Loboto being sexually active is not one I want to think about.

Paranoidish 09-13-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klia
I cannot see Bobby and Loboto being related as the thought of Loboto being sexually active is not one I want to think about.

And yet you write a story about Loboto and Oleander's "ambiguous" relationship.

Klia 09-13-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoidish
And yet you write a story about Loboto and Oleander's "ambiguous" relationship.


BECAUSE IT'S CUTE.

And it's not sexual, at best it's mental.

DylanMay 09-13-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klia
And it's not sexual, at best it's mental.

Yeah, it's definitely "mental. :D Just kidding.

Ray_the_psychic 09-13-2006 10:35 PM

Mental dentist office is da roxxorz!!!!!!!11 Da loboto and bobby theory is creepy as hell..... (shudders)

Badass abilities learned too. like brain explosion. haha lol

Yaanu 09-15-2006 03:11 PM

I don't think we'd be able to get into Loboto's mind through his giant shower cap, to remind you all (tee hee, mind, remind, get it?)

Caligosto 09-15-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaanu
I don't think we'd be able to get into Loboto's mind through his giant shower cap, to remind you all (tee hee, mind, remind, get it?)

That's actually funny :D

Ray_the_psychic 09-16-2006 11:29 AM

It's not that funny actually...


Loboto is really very funny when you play the game 12 times with rank 100 and all luggage, figments, brains, and mental cobwebs.

Smon 09-22-2006 07:55 AM

...I just realized Zilch and Nein are synonyms.

So Bobby could also be the bastard child of Sasha.

...or the adopted child of both.

Loboto/Sasha fics? Oh god... I just unleashed a horrible Pandora's Box of doom from which there is no closing.

DylanMay 09-22-2006 08:09 AM

"Why won't you take care of our baby Nein??!!" It would explain a lot about Bobby's personality anyway, lol.

Holly Ziviene 09-22-2006 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylanMay
"Why won't you take care of our baby Nein??!!" It would explain a lot about Bobby's personality anyway, lol.

It'd also explain why Bobby is so bitter towards Raz. His own parent openly preferred Raz over him to his face. XDDDD

DarthAve 09-22-2006 09:08 PM

Sasha is not a father. Sasha doesn't want sex with Loboto!!!

THAT'S JUST WRONG PEOPLE!!!

My vote is Bobby is Loboto and Gloria's ellicit love child. Gloria would explain Bobby's crazy hair.

Yaanu 09-22-2006 11:13 PM

Okay, so it's Loboto's skin tone, Gloria's hair color, Ford's teeth? Maybe that's why Loboto denies all.

DarthAve 09-23-2006 12:24 AM

Ford has no teeth. And Bobby has Loboto's teeth. Loboto's are all bad too.

Caligosto 09-23-2006 01:55 PM

Loboto's teeth are terrible XD

Digitaldreamer 09-23-2006 02:49 PM

Look everyone, the truth is Bobby is an alien. That's why Chloe's interested in him.

And Loboto...you don't want to know about Loboto. Trust me.

Ray_the_psychic 09-23-2006 02:57 PM

We do. We do. WE DO!!!!!!11 WE DO!!!!!!11


I like the Loboto/Gloria idea. Or maybe... ah no... it would never work... unless i gotta a request... Yes a request would open my mind.

Holly Ziviene 09-23-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
Sasha is not a father. Sasha doesn't want sex with Loboto!!!

THAT'S JUST WRONG PEOPLE!!!

My vote is Bobby is Loboto and Gloria's ellicit love child. Gloria would explain Bobby's crazy hair.

I'd actually say Jasper, myself. he has the yellowed, snaggly teeth, red hair and nose, Loboto has the blue skin and lanky physique.

DylanMay 09-23-2006 05:13 PM

"WORST ONE-NIGHT STAND EVER! Two thumbs down!"

Maybe that's why Loboto went crazy.

Ray_the_psychic 09-24-2006 07:54 PM

Yall are nuts. Join the club. We've got jackets.

Jintor 09-25-2006 06:58 AM

That's why we're here.

Ray_the_psychic 09-25-2006 11:48 AM

the jackets are $5.99 and with sales tax that's $50.00 these days.

Yaanu 09-25-2006 05:57 PM

Don't forget yesterday's inflation rates rise. So now it's something of like 87.54 or higher.

I wonder if you can commercially buy straight jackets for personal use.

Just wondering...

DylanMay 09-25-2006 06:44 PM

Yeah, at fetish shops. Um, not that I've, like, looked... ahem...

Digitaldreamer 09-25-2006 06:53 PM

Well hey, it's not as if deranged ancestors of Napoleon Bonaparte run around offering their strappy jackets every day, you've gotta get one somehow.

Ray_the_psychic 09-25-2006 07:48 PM

lol. Actually there's this homeless dude i saw last tuesday and he was trying to get people to take his straightjacket. I didnt take because i didnt know what and where it had been in.

Holly Ziviene 09-26-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray_the_psychic
lol. Actually there's this homeless dude i saw last tuesday and he was trying to get people to take his straightjacket. I didnt take because i didnt know what and where it had been in.

Hey, you could have always washed it first. :O

DarthAve 09-26-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylanMay
Yeah, at fetish shops. Um, not that I've, like, looked... ahem...

Why go to a store when you can easily browse on the internet!!

Wow, that was milo-esque!

Poopdogjr 09-26-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smon
...I just realized Zilch and Nein are synonyms.

So Bobby could also be the bastard child of Sasha.

...or the adopted child of both.

Loboto/Sasha fics? Oh god... I just unleashed a horrible Pandora's Box of doom from which there is no closing.


Wow, I completely missed that too. The answers are staring us in the face!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.