LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Prequel Trilogy (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   Jango (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171348)

Bean 88 10-06-2006 08:43 PM

Jango

Who here thinks jango shouldnt have died?

JediLandon 10-06-2006 09:46 PM

To me, thats kind of a dumb question

Q 10-07-2006 05:26 AM

Yes, Jango should have died, but he should have been shown PWNing a few more Jedi before Mace Windu lopped off his head so easily.

Pho3nix 10-07-2006 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase Windu
Not me and to be honest I think this thread is going to have a short life just like Jango and Boba.

QFE. I don't think the SW universe would be any different if Jango would have survived.

Bean 88 10-07-2006 10:03 AM

well hes like the best mandalorian and a total baddass but i can agree that he should of died but died pwnin more jedis

PoiuyWired 10-07-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pho3nix
QFE. I don't think the SW universe would be any different if Jango would have survived.

Yes it would, indirectly his survival would affact the effectiveness of his clone, for better or worse.

For me? He SHOULD die. But yes I would like to see him frag a few more jedi scum before he die.

Darth Macca 10-08-2006 05:50 AM

Of coarse he should have died. What kind of nonsense is this? The death of Jango inspired Boba to follow in his father's footsteps. Jango's appearance in the AOTC is basically a backstory for Boba. It's showing us why he became a Bounty Hunter, and what his personality was as a child.

Anyway, there was no room for him the storyline. He served his purpose, so Lucas told him to **** off.

ABCIMe123 10-08-2006 09:38 PM

Well I guess they could have made his death a little more mysterious so EU could kick in. I mean Jango lost his head. I don't see any way that EU could bring Jango back as they did with Boba. Actually I can.

PoiuyWired 10-09-2006 11:29 AM

Well no. The death shows then tension Boba have with Jedis. Also it helps to explain why Boba is THAT good, and why he would have little knowledge of Mandi stuff, like not being able to speak the language well. Oh it also help set up Boba as being the new leader.

Sarlacc Food 10-12-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur
Yes, Jango should have died, but he should have been shown PWNing a few more Jedi before Mace Windu lopped off his head so easily.

Second that.

RC-1162 10-23-2006 12:08 PM

he should have used common sense and jetted away instead of shooting like a nut at an oncoming Jedi.

Q 10-23-2006 04:49 PM

^^^
He couldn't. His jetpack was disabled when he was trampled by that thing with the horns.

Sabretooth 10-24-2006 05:43 AM

Nah, it was his fate. He was just supposed to die there, and die at that time.

I would have liked more screentime for him, though...

RC-1162 10-24-2006 09:09 AM

well, he could have been blasted by the clones. that would have made for a superbly ironic situation. a man's clones kill the man himself.

TSR 10-24-2006 06:49 PM

That would have been cool. Or maybe a clone could have shot him just as mace was gonna kill him, and then he could have shouted "kill stealing fag!"...
no? thought not...

Diego Varen 10-25-2006 04:24 PM

I believe that his death was needed in Episode II, simply for Boba (Sounds sad doesn't it), because as Darth Macca said, Boba was inspired to become a Bounty Hunter. Although, he should have brought more Jedi and Clones down, to make his death memorable. That is the problem with the Prequel Trilogy. Some deaths were too quick (In Episode III the most).

TSR 10-25-2006 04:33 PM

I reckon it would have been better had Obi-wan killed him, just for the reason that he did chase him over the galaxy and was nearly killed by him.

MachineCult 10-25-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSuperRodian
I reckon it would have been better had Obi-wan killed him, just for the reason that he did chase him over the galaxy and was nearly killed by him.

For that reason Obi-wan couldn't kill Jango, it would go against the Jedi way.

TSR 10-25-2006 04:55 PM

what, so had he had the oppurtunity to, he wouldnt have? say he somehow landed up with a clear strike to an unsuspecting Jango who was shooting down Jedi, you're saying he would have left him be?

Windu Chi 10-25-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachineCult
For that reason Obi-wan couldn't kill Jango, it would go against the Jedi way.

So, do you think that Mace Windu was influence by the darkside: by him being so piss off at Jango for trying to killed him and also piss off at the killing of so many Jedi in the arena?

MachineCult 10-26-2006 06:52 AM

Quote:

what, so had he had the oppurtunity to, he wouldnt have? say he somehow landed up with a clear strike to an unsuspecting Jango who was shooting down Jedi, you're saying he would have left him be?

I'm saying he wouldn't purposely have gone after him. Because if he killed him for the reason you said it would have been a revenge killing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by windu6
So, do you think that Mace Windu was influence by the darkside: by him being so piss off at Jango for trying to killed him and also piss off at the killing of so many Jedi in the arena?

I think i've been able to pick out a misguided point among all those mistakes; we weren't talking about Mace killing Jango, we were talking about why Obi-wan specifically couldn't kill Jango for the reason TheSuperRodian gave in post #21.
Double check things next time lest you make a fool out of yourself again.

Windu Chi 10-26-2006 07:35 AM

What is your problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachineCult
I'm saying he wouldn't purposely have gone after him. Because if he killed him for the reason you said it would have been a revenge killing.

I think i've been able to pick out a misguided point among all those mistakes; we weren't talking about Mace killing Jango, we were talking about why Obi-wan specifically couldn't kill Jango for the reason TheSuperRodian gave in post #21.
Double check things next time lest you make a fool out of yourself again.

I just was asking you a f**king question, If you got a attitude problem with me then thats your damn problem.

Sabretooth 10-26-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windu6
I just was asking you a f**king question, If you got a altitude problem with me then thats your damn problem.

Erm, that's attitude, I believe. <_< >_>

Whatever, just calm down, man! MachineCult probably misunderstood you. No reason to get all pissed off at him. Happens all the time.

But windu's right. He was just asking a question... I'd ask you to doublecheck, MachineCult. :p

Windu Chi 10-26-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Erm, that's attitude, I believe. <_< >_>

Whatever, just calm down, man! MachineCult probably misunderstood you. No reason to get all pissed off at him. Happens all the time.

But windu's right. He was just asking a question... I'd ask you to doublecheck, MachineCult. :p

Yeah I know, I just was asking him a question. :)
He is acting like he want to start a war with me.

RC-1162 10-26-2006 11:41 AM

chill out. MC is NOT a person you wanna mess with. ;)

MachineCult 10-26-2006 01:09 PM

I misunderstood nothing. windu6 asked a very stupid question filled with mistakes and I looked down on him like the snob that I am.
Imbecile.

TSR 10-26-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-1162
chill out. MC is NOT a person you wanna mess with. ;)

QFE

although, good luck if you want to still. You'll need it.
yeah, get ya, i just thought it would have been better had obi-wan been given the kill than windu, not just for revenge as such, but as a little twist in the story for effect.

RC-1162 10-26-2006 01:32 PM

even luck wont save the poor dude.

but, if your question was not related to the one in discussion, i'd say that Mace killed Jango because he had no choice as the Mando was pwning many Jedi on his own.

Prime 10-26-2006 02:53 PM

Alright, the flaming stops here. Both sides.

And Jango's death was just another example of how lame Mandalorians are. :)

TSR 10-26-2006 04:07 PM

they're not lame, just a bit too full of themselves. ;)

RC-1162 10-26-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime
And Jango's death was just another example of how lame Mandalorians are. :)

actually, it proves how Mace is an uberpwnage machine ;)

TSR 10-26-2006 05:18 PM

^ that as well.

Prime 10-27-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

they're not lame, just a bit too full of themselves. ;)

Well, let's see...

Jango, head chopped off
Boba, hit in the back by a blind man and launched into the sarlacc
stormtroopers (by proxy) can't hit the broad side of a barn and beaten by teddy bears with sticks

But I will admit that the KOTOR era Mandolorians are much better. :)

RC-1162 10-27-2006 12:38 PM

Canderous FTW!! :xp:

TSR 10-27-2006 06:42 PM

You raise good points Prime, but this makes me want to bring up the "binding storyline" argument again. True, Jango and Boba died some quite embarrasing deaths, but as you said, the KOTOR mandalorians were pretty kickass. I guess they just lost their touch as time went by.

darthcarth 11-01-2006 07:07 PM

Jango didnt die a lame death best light saber user in the galaxy vs best bounty hunter even with all that skill jango couldnt have killed him light sabers ftw.

PoiuyWired 11-02-2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

You raise good points Prime, but this makes me want to bring up the "binding storyline" argument again. True, Jango and Boba died some quite embarrasing deaths, but as you said, the KOTOR mandalorians were pretty kickass. I guess they just lost their touch as time went by.

Well, Jango is DEFINITELY DEAD. Boba on the other hand, got resurrected and become something big. Probably because of this Jango HAS to die for real.

The_Wombird 11-17-2006 01:28 AM

As said before Jango had to die or else the story wouldn't have been the same, but I was a little dissapointed by his whole performance in Episode 2, I thought his victory over Obi-Wan would have been a bit more brutal and he should have been taking a higher death toll in the Battle of Geonosis. Some may wonder why he didn't just fly away before being decapitated, in the DVD version, if you slow it down you can actually see Jango ignite his jet-pack, but it just fizzes out presumably from being trampled by the reek.
Boba's supposed death in ROTJ is also dissapointing, he totally owns in most of the books he's in, but anyone who just watches the movies wouldn't see what all the fuss is about (him being the best bounty hunter).

RC-1162 11-17-2006 01:46 PM

yea, he got pwnt by a blind guy who hit him accidentally. that was one of the lamest exits by any char in the SW series.

The_Wombird 11-17-2006 04:31 PM

According to many sources Boba Fett survives the Sarlacc and continues to opperate as a bounty hunter, so even though he gets a bad exit in ROTJ the non-movie sources save him (as they often do).