LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Forces of Corruption (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=682)
-   -   Overpowered Empire? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173037)

Docter_Aap 11-27-2006 09:15 AM

Overpowered Empire?
 
Ok i just played the GC map Gateway's as the Empire (on Medium). I first defended my entry points a bit then started buidling a lvl 5 space station and in not too much time i established my galactic bases on all planets, and had the Executor and the DS 2. Those 2 and 3 extra ISD's crushed the entire rebellion without losing a single unit that doesnt return. So isnt the Empire in space kinda overpowered?

YertyL 11-27-2006 09:30 AM

Hehe, you forgot 3 cap ships heroes (which bother me much more). However if you allow the Empire to build both the Executor and the DSII, you deserve to have a hard time defeating them...

GhOsT-Jedi 11-27-2006 01:03 PM

I played GC, became the ZC... the empire built both.... We had a huge battle (At least over 50 cap ships alone) And I won.... My one ship that shoots the HUGE shot beat the crap outa the exacuter and when the DSII kept destroying my caps I just brought in more, but tbh, my fighters did alot of work aswell... tbh, if anyone is over powered, it's the ZC but I still had fun.

TearsOfIsha 11-27-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docter_Aap
Ok i just played the GC map Gateway's as the Empire (on Medium). I first defended my entry points a bit then started buidling a lvl 5 space station and in not too much time i established my galactic bases on all planets, and had the Executor and the DS 2. Those 2 and 3 extra ISD's crushed the entire rebellion without losing a single unit that doesnt return. So isnt the Empire in space kinda overpowered?

It's not so much the Empire is overpwered as it is the Rebels are underpowered. The Empire is meant to have beasty cruisers while the rebels have better fighters....

But as of FoC, the Imperials have been given fighter upgrades and the rebels have just been nerfed.

Having said that, the Empire do have a habit of bringing in dozens ISDs which didn't really need to be done.

Rust_Lord 11-29-2006 12:07 AM

YertL is right...if the enemy has been able to amass enough resources to have both the DS and SSD you havent put enough pressure on them.

As for the three cap ship heroes; Thrawn and Piett are useful but far from invincible. They are not cheap in skirmish either. Maybe to balance this Ackbar/Home One should be accompanied by a fleet of lesser craft as the DS2 does since Home One always had a support fleet travelling with it.

Shadow_015 11-30-2006 09:02 AM

Units Additions
 
The Rebels could definitely have used some MC40's to make them more or a force. A Bothan Assault Cruiser or two also couldn't have hurt....

I also think for the next expansion pack the Rebels should without a doubt receive MC90s, MC40s MC80Bs and MC80a's. This would definitely diversify the Capital Ship options for the Rebels and if the Imperials end up getting the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer and Eclipse as useable, then the addition of the Viscount and Mediator Class Mon Calamari Cruisers would be awesome.

Of course, all the maps would have to be much larger as well.

ImpElite 11-30-2006 06:03 PM

AND more Consortium units lol

Valter 12-01-2006 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_015
The Rebels could definitely have used some MC40's to make them more or a force. A Bothan Assault Cruiser or two also couldn't have hurt....

I also think for the next expansion pack the Rebels should without a doubt receive MC90s, MC40s MC80Bs and MC80a's. This would definitely diversify the Capital Ship options for the Rebels and if the Imperials end up getting the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer and Eclipse as useable, then the addition of the Viscount and Mediator Class Mon Calamari Cruisers would be awesome.

Of course, all the maps would have to be much larger as well.

...And the game balance would be shot to hell as well. :roleyess:

ImpElite 12-01-2006 09:11 AM

probably.

lordzack 12-01-2006 12:43 PM

The Bothan Assault Crusier wasn't developed until about 25 years later. MC80Bs I think were not until after the Battle of Endor I think, and the MC80a may have been as well. Besides I think maybe the basic Mon Calamari Star Crusier covers those well enough. They'd only be slightly more powerful, but maybe if the Tector and Imperial II variants of the Imperial-class were included they'd work out. I think the MC90 would be nice for the expansion and would pwn Star Dstroyer with they're warheads. I could see the Viscount as a hero unit, unless the Executor-class also becomes mass producable in which case the Viscount-class would almost have to be in to counter it, either that or the MC90. MC40s would've been nice I guess, but it's really just a weaker version of the MC80 and the MC30 is more unique. I think maybe the Rebellion could've had Liberty as a hero to balace out the fact that the Empire gets two ISD heroes.

TearsOfIsha 12-02-2006 09:45 AM

The Eclipse was'nt around until Dark Empire, and the Lancet never existed until FoC came out. Yet they are here. So I fail to see your reasoning about the later cruisers.

Shadow_015 12-07-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordzack
The Bothan Assault Crusier wasn't developed until about 25 years later. MC80Bs I think were not until after the Battle of Endor I think, and the MC80a may have been as well. Besides I think maybe the basic Mon Calamari Star Crusier covers those well enough. They'd only be slightly more powerful, but maybe if the Tector and Imperial II variants of the Imperial-class were included they'd work out. I think the MC90 would be nice for the expansion and would pwn Star Dstroyer with they're warheads. I could see the Viscount as a hero unit, unless the Executor-class also becomes mass producable in which case the Viscount-class would almost have to be in to counter it, either that or the MC90. MC40s would've been nice I guess, but it's really just a weaker version of the MC80 and the MC30 is more unique. I think maybe the Rebellion could've had Liberty as a hero to balace out the fact that the Empire gets two ISD heroes.

There was a thread on one of the FoC forums, can't remember which one. But it argued that in reality the Imperial Fleet would have PWNED the Rebels were it not for the fact that the good guys always win (George Lucas made it that way). In that, it mentioned the make-up of both fleets and the Bothan Assault Cruiser was included in the Rebel Fleet.

Also, let's not forget that the end of the campaign concludes AFTER Ep. 6. So even if the MC80B was built after the Battle of Endor, it would still be valid to have been built.

Plus, as was rightfully stated, the Eclipse wasn't around until Dark Empire. The only reason its here is because a story-line was amassed from fiction and twisted canon six ways from sunday.

I would have liked to have the Liberty as a hero, those were my thought sinitially and it would be possible; seeing as the Sundered Heart disappeared during the Rebel campaign in EAW. But yeah, even though the MC40 would have been weaker and less unique than an MC30, it would have still brought in some type of variation.

I mean, Bothan Assault Cruisers or the like would have been nice to be added in or some type of equivalent that wasn't a Rebel mainstay cruiser already mentioned. That would have certainly added something different.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.