LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Galactic Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Should there be a sequel or another EAW, FOC expansion? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173398)

ImpElite 12-08-2006 09:08 PM

Should there be a sequel or another EAW, FOC expansion?

I think so, the end of the campaign certainly hints to one.

mrsparkle 12-14-2006 09:35 PM

Yes, because we still need Lando Calrissian, Leia, that general from ROTJ (I had him as an action figure but can't remember his name) and I'm sure there's a few imperial characters that can be added.

Darth_Extas 12-14-2006 09:52 PM

I would say yes, I think it will go prequel however... In order to stay with the areas they keep hitting, it will be prequel. Although either way, another one is need to further enhance the gameplay and characters.

wedge2211 12-14-2006 11:43 PM

I think there's a lot of room for expansion in the Empire at War universe, especially with the turn towards more story-driven elements rather than "sandbox" elements that we saw in Forces of Corruption. Given the ending cinematic of FoC, though, I doubt it will "go prequel..." and that would be less dramatically interesting, anyways.

PoiuyWired 12-15-2006 10:58 AM

Nefinitely need more expansion

I don't know, but the FoC story seems unfinished.

Slocket 12-19-2006 05:39 AM

A true "Rebellion 2" successor.

lukeiamyourdad 12-19-2006 10:50 AM

I think if a sequel was to be made, it should shift its focus mainly on SP and I'm not talking about just a cinematic campaign. Diplomacy a more management should be included to add an extra layer of depth. Switch to a pure Risk-style turn-based system. I never enjoyed the one we have now. Perhaps allow formations to have a bigger impact, but surely with a prequel about the Republic vs. the CIS, ground combat will be much better.

(My opinions, not facts, my opinions.)

wedge2211 12-19-2006 09:38 PM

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with a real-time system (and I'd have more fun that way, speaking personally)...but if any strategic depth is added, the galactic timescale would have to be stretched out a bit. If there's more to keep track of, there's got to be more time to react. That would be just as effective as implementing a dated turn-based engine.

mrsparkle 12-20-2006 02:33 PM

Similar to Rome: Total War then. I don't think EAW will ever be like that though.

Thrawn 12-20-2006 11:16 PM

I agree, a sequel should have the added features of more diplomatic options and the like. More elements from Rebellion couldn't be bad, because of the excellent RTS components already present in the game that would be suitable for the tactical layer.

Jeff 12-20-2006 11:38 PM

I'd like to see something else made connecting to EaW or FoC but whether it's just another expansion or a whole new game I don't care.

Ctrl Alt Del 01-02-2007 06:15 PM

Mmmm turn-based system could be an option, really. I would just love to ambush an incoming enemy fleet. Also, if they're going to do another one, do it without as many bugs as possible.

And I hope they take their time doing this one; I wont buy expansions forever, mind you.

HK-42 01-15-2007 02:15 PM

yes but i think it should be a clone wars one

DarthMuffin 01-15-2007 05:49 PM

If there's to be another expansion, I would love for it to be set in the prequel era too. There's a lot of material there, and it's silly for them to create more and more non-movie stuff.

I haven't played FoC though; so I don't know about the ending.

Titanius Anglesmith 01-15-2007 08:13 PM

Absolutely yes, there should be another. Two specific ones that I'd like to see is one set in the Clone Wars era and another set in the Old Republic era (perhaps the Mandalorian War?)

ImpElite 01-15-2007 08:22 PM

I, personally would love to see a Yuuzhan Vong Expansion

wedge2211 01-16-2007 05:55 PM

Sorry, but the Clone Wars were the biggest letdown in cinematic history. They should have just been left to myth, to the references Ben Kenobi makes that made them seem much bigger than they turned out to be. Why? Because there was never any suspense to them at all. Not only did we all know what would happen thanks to the fact that they took place in the prequel era, but there is no room in them for any of the "what if" scenarios that made Empire at War fun. What would have happened if the Separatists had won? The same exact thing. Palpatine would have come to power as Emperor, since, after all, he was running both sides of the war and ended it whenever he felt like.

Aside from that, the prequel era really does not lend itself to the RTS genre. The intrigue (if you can call it that) of that period is more suited to RPG games. A prequel-era RTS would be like saying, "hey, let's have WarCraft be set in the French Revolution!" We all know what happens on a grand scale in the prequel era. What we don't know, where there is room for storytelling, are individual characters' stories.

HK-42 01-16-2007 06:47 PM

Yuuzhan Vong:)

Igor_Cavkov 01-26-2007 06:43 PM

YES! they should move forward to either Thrawn era or Yuzhan Vong era! that would be awesome!

L0rdReV@n88 05-09-2007 10:00 AM

my vote is for thrawn and vong era and a prequel era of the mandalorian wars that would be nice since kotor was so fun but left the mandalorian wars to just being spoken about

Relenzo2 05-09-2007 10:13 AM

Don't make us buy an expansion pack with much less than the original game (obviously) for the SAME PRICE!!

DarthMaulUK 05-10-2007 08:10 AM

Unfortunately, there is nothing else planned for EaW. However, I have been hearing mutterings of a Civilisation based Star Wars game - but when and importantly IF this happens, is anyone's guess.

I for one, who love to see a hard core Star Wars RTS come out, along the lines of Rebellion/Supremacy, which was truely incredible!

DMUK

Darth_Extas 06-10-2007 02:21 PM

Agreed

DarthMuffin 06-12-2007 03:36 PM

I also support DMUK's idea :)

But that's never going to happen. Rebellion was way too hardcore for the average gamer, which resulted in rather poor reviews. And it's all about the average gamer. These are the people who buy the game in largest quantities, and thus are the target audience. I don't think that LucasArts has the talent and experience to muster a game that could cater to both average and hardcore players.

CLONECOMMANDER501 06-12-2007 08:52 PM

It looks like LucasArts has to make there three new games good ones or they will be out the door faster than a barbarian army on Roman territory.

PoiuyWired 06-13-2007 01:29 AM

Rebellion is kinda weak in some areas I must say. The concept is there, but things like the interface are quite lacking, not to mention some real battle tactics.

No I don't mean you have to do a nice battle lines like those boardgames even though that would be fun. Think star wars "xxyy front" ... or "hammer of the scorts"

OK, back to topic. Diplomacy is fun, but can take away from a story, think about those railroading a story-driven campaign would have. E@W is not that kind of game.

And rome total war? Well, I find the game kinda disappointing. I mean, most battles degenerates into groups of skirmishes fast, and my nice line is gone into chaos quick. Sure it is fun slaughtering my opponent, but the feel of combat is lacking for the era.

To be fair, I don't mind a Clone Wars era expansion at all. In fact it would be a great idea.

I mean, what we are playing in E@W is a big what-if anyways, so why not do it in the good old CIS conflict? And the plot of clone wars is not too bad really, including all the EU stuff. That, and a jedi on a lizard would be fun.

GeneralPloKoon 08-14-2007 09:36 PM

Although I haven't played Empire at War yet(just got a new computer to handle some good games) I would like the series to continue.

Pantagathus 05-20-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK
I for one, who love to see a hard core Star Wars RTS come out, along the lines of Rebellion/Supremacy, which was truely incredible!

I still don't understand it when reviewers slam Rebellion/Supremacy (& even Force Commander)

There was so much depth in Rebellion that we just don't get in EaW. Sometimes I think the AI was even smarter in that game...

RyuuKage 05-26-2008 01:49 PM

i'd be interested in a direct sequel, preferably one that answers FoC's connection to KotOR...the ending certainly pointed the finger at EaW2...

Relenzo2 06-08-2008 07:50 PM

It won't and can't be a prequal. *Presses buttons* Honestly, LucasArts isn't going to create such a cliffhanger ending and then go BACK in time! The Civillizatin-type game you speak of could well be it, and all that means is that they WOULD move over to completely turn-based play.

Darth Kruhl 12-12-2008 10:36 AM

The clone wars era expansion is soon to be released. It is entitled Imperial Assualt 2 and the promos for the game rock. If you want to view it's home page go to http://www.imperialassault.com/rote/ .This mod will certainly change how eaw is viewed.

Darth Kruhl 12-12-2008 10:39 AM

here is a youtube video of the mod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EIt-LpxZw

HK-42 12-13-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Kruhl (Post 2565138)
here is a youtube video of the mod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EIt-LpxZw

IA2 merged with RAW a while back, they will be compatible in multiplayer. A beta will probably be released this Christmas and full shortly after.

mrsparkle 12-20-2008 04:26 AM

Unfortunately I hate everything Clone Wars and everything having to do with the prequels in general.

Doesn't mean the mod is bad. Just that I will not be playing it.

HK-42 12-25-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsparkle (Post 2568665)
Unfortunately I hate everything Clone Wars and everything having to do with the prequels in general.

Doesn't mean the mod is bad. Just that I will not be playing it.

After the Clone Wars one is out they are going to work on a Vong one.

Lord of the Sith 09-01-2009 02:27 PM

Better a newer game with more elements from maps to models of ships and land vehicles.
A game with the Clone Wars and the Rebellion Era.

Deadshot#1 09-06-2009 09:43 PM

Yes I agree with you Lord of the Sith.