LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   [TSL] [TSL] mjpb3's Exile! Slow Down! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174758)

mjpb3 01-17-2007 12:46 PM

[TSL] mjpb3's Exile! Slow Down!

I don't think I've ever seen another mod like this, and I did do a quick search, but I may not have used the correct term(s) to search for. If there is another mod like this, please just disregard this post. :D

------------------------------------------------------------

I made a new mod that "slows" the Exile (male or female) down to the same walk/run animation speed that the PC and NPCs used in KotOR I.

I don't know about anyone else, but it has always bugged me that you run faster and "powerwalk" in KotOR II. I'm sure Obsidian had a very good reason for the speed increase -- maybe because of the new model files being used -- but even still, I always found it highly annoying.

Anyway, this mod fixes that by decreasing the speed of the walking and running animations being used by editing some entries in the appearance.2da file.

Inspiration for this mod came from achilles' wonderful Speed/Roleplay fix for 103PER and 304NAR --- and a post in the same thread by Lunar4. Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup:

Please view the mod page for installation instructions.

http://gamemods.mjpb3.net/sm-Screen-24.jpg

Here's the link:
http://www.cjt0202.net/mjpb3mods.php
http://gamemods.mjpb3.net

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Enjoy!

Ghost Down 01-17-2007 12:50 PM

Thank you mjpb3!

Been looking for a mod like this for ages!

Great job gal! :thumbsup:

- Ghost Down

mjpb3 01-17-2007 01:01 PM

Thanks ;)

Glad you like it. I was afraid that there was already a mod like this out there somewhere. Hmmm, I guess not(?).

Anyway, enjoy! :D

Arátoeldar 01-17-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Down
Thank you mjpb3!

Been looking for a mod like this for ages!

Great job gal! :thumbsup:

- Ghost Down

I could not have said it any better. I always thought that the Exile moved to fast for just normal walking.

LordHoban 01-17-2007 08:42 PM

Good idea, but I just wonder why you'd want to get places slower? More and more, I tended to use the speed force power to get places faster, especially in a recent playthrough of KOTOR1.

That's not to say there shouldn't be an option like this, however, as I don't speak for everyone. I was just wondering and I applaud the idea itself.

mjpb3 01-18-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHoban
Good idea, but I just wonder why you'd want to get places slower? More and more, I tended to use the speed force power to get places faster, especially in a recent playthrough of KOTOR1.

Because when I play, I enjoy playing. I don't play just to "get where I am going the fastest way possible". I like to enjoy a playthrough not run through it so fast that I forget what I was doing in the first place. :roleyess:

Besides, as you mention, there is always the option to use Speed to get somewhere faster. :D

-----

I made this mod because I am tinkering with making a module (for myself -- so don't ask for it please) and while in the module looking around at everything I was positioning inside it, I kept getting annoyed at how fast Exile just walks. Running like she's in a footrace is one thing, but goodness! Why does she have to walk so fast!? :eek:

So I remembered achilles' mod and took a look through that and discovered how to slow Exile down to the same speed as Revan and partymembers from K1.

Use this mod if you want--or not. It's up to you. But it is precisely what I needed right now for my own use and I thought others might want to use it too. Apparently, some people do since it has been downloaded quite a few times. :p

Sato Sparhawk 02-13-2007 12:20 AM

(Pant Pant) Thanks now I can stop running everywhere

SpaceAlex 02-13-2007 03:10 AM

Yeah, i've already done this for myself a year ago or so, but never bothered to release it. Thought nobody would care, since it's a fairly simple mod. But the best things come from such simple mods. :D

The male walking animations are barable, but the female ones are absolutley horrible. I couldn't play as a female, until i figured out how to reduced the walking speed.

SDSnyper 02-17-2007 07:23 PM

Does this work for kotor 1 ? doubt it. would be great for kotor 1 though.

Vegard Aune 02-18-2007 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDSnyper
Does this work for kotor 1 ? doubt it. would be great for kotor 1 though.

Erm, doesn't this mod slow Exile down to the same walking speed that the characters in K1 already had? Meaning that a similar mod for K1 would do nothing at all.

SDSnyper 02-18-2007 09:32 PM

my female revan walks just nearly as fast as exile, if not the same. It was like this before i had any mods too so thats not it.

edit: im just going to change it myself so dont worry about it.

uzibear 02-25-2007 04:27 AM

cool mod; but personally the faster run was one of the many things i thought they did better in TSL

mjpb3 02-27-2007 07:18 PM

Would any mod be so kind and change the name of this thread to
[K2] mjpb3's Exile! Slow Down!?

Thanks!

Mod note: Done. ~M

Kaall 05-13-2007 07:00 PM

I really like this mod i and would like to point 2 minor mistake in the "change.ini"

here :
Quote:

[change93]
RowIndex=94 <---- Has to be changed to 93
rundist=3.96
driveanimrun_pc=3.96
and here :
Quote:

[change115]
RowIndex=105 <---- Has to be changed to 115
rundist=3.96
driveanimrun_pc=3.96
The rest of this mod is perfect, and i really like it.

mjpb3 05-13-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaall
I really like this mod i and would like to point 2 minor mistake in the "change.ini"

<snip>

The rest of this mod is perfect, and i really like it.

D'oh! FIXED! Thanks for pointing those out for me. *smackhead*
(That's what happens when I cut and paste over and over--I make stupid mistakes.)

Anyhoo, thanks again. :D

Lunar4 06-06-2007 08:50 PM

haha thanks a bunch mjbp3, i never thought anyone would actually listen to me! :)

Master Zionosis 06-06-2007 08:57 PM

Wicked mod mjpb3, i really want to see a walk button for K1 though, :cry: lol

stoffe 06-06-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master zionosis
Wicked mod mjpb3, i really want to see a walk button for K1 though, :cry: lol

There is a walk button in KotOR 1... it was added in the v1.02 patch.

GeorgNihilus 04-16-2013 09:03 PM

Great idea indeed

thanks alot dude ... sorry ... dudess, isn't it?? :brow:

I don't "feel" difference in the walking speed ... is it slower too? if not ... which column need to be "tweaked" to lower the walking speed, mj?

thank u again :thmbup1:

Lunar4 05-07-2013 02:58 AM

woah, cant believe i inspired a mod! :) awesome