LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   General MI Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Napoleon Threepwood... (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=177005)

Rodbrush 03-28-2007 05:59 AM

Napoleon Threepwood...
 
Jon Heder as Guybrush?

Does anyone have any thoughts about Jon playing Guybrush if they ever make a film adaptation of Monkey Island?

I just thought of him as a possible candidate then. At first I would have liked to see David Spade play the character. Then when the TV Series called Ed was released I thought that if that actor who played Ed had blonde hair, he could be Guybrush too.

Joshi 03-29-2007 04:56 AM

Thomas Cavanagh would be okay, but I wouldn't say he's perfect. I don't like the idea of Jon Heder, he's an okay actor, but he's not quite right for Guybrush.

Samnmax221 03-29-2007 03:54 PM

Jon Heder sucks, and so do his movies.

Phantom Knight 03-30-2007 06:17 AM

Was he that guy who stared as Napolean Dynamite, or was that some other guy?

I'm not quite sure who play a good role for Guybrush. I thinking Rob Schnieder (I think thats how you spell it) but then I thought "NO!!!!!!"

Joshi 03-30-2007 06:30 AM

Yeah, he's the Napolean Dynamite guy... seriously, what's the appeal of that movie?

And yeah, Rob Schnieder would also be bad.

Phantom Knight 03-30-2007 09:34 AM

I seriously hated that movie! Think about it: It had no plot, bad humor (although I thought that bike stunt was pretty funny), horrible script... I mean, its just so horrible and grotesque that it makes me wanna go.... grrrrrr I hate that movie. It's no wonder Nacho Libre was horrible because it was made by the same guys.

Joshi 03-30-2007 09:37 AM

Yeah, I just don't get how it garnered such great reviews and how every kid in the world absolutely loved it. It was just weird.

Phantom Knight 03-31-2007 08:26 AM

The role for Guybrush Threepwood would have to be played by an actor who kinda has the same personality for the character. Someone who is a particular funny actor and has a great sense of humor.

I'm thinking maybe that guy who played as J.D from Scrubs.

elTee 03-31-2007 12:21 PM

I'll say it again: Season 2/3/4 era Malcolm in the Middle, Christopher Kennedy Masterson who played Francis would have made the best Guybrush.

Phantom Knight 03-31-2007 09:33 PM

YES!!! THAT SHOULD DEFINATLY BE GUYBRUSH!

SeaTurtle 04-02-2007 08:02 AM

If it was possible ot go back in time, I'd say go back to the eighties and use the entire cast of Flash Gordon. It would be great, Flash as Guybrush, Dale Arden as Elaine, Brian Blessed as LeChuck...brilliant!

Joshi 04-02-2007 08:05 AM

Well, if we're talking about going back in time, Michael J Fox would be good.

urluckyday 04-02-2007 05:38 PM

I dunno if Joshi is joking or not, but the more I think about it, the more I like the sound of the younger Michael J Fox playing him.

Oh...and SeaTurtle...I hope that I never see any of the Flash Gordon actors again...even Timothy Dalton...he was bad in that movie...and he was bad as James Bond...

Joshi 04-03-2007 04:40 AM

No, I'm not joking, but then I have just been watching Back to the Future.

Samnmax221 04-03-2007 10:18 PM

Huey Lewis won't be Lechuck, right?

Joshi 04-04-2007 04:49 AM

Not as long as we can get that psychiatrist guy from the terminator movies to play him.

intellix 04-10-2007 04:14 PM

i think jon heder would be quite good, he has that sort of lame wannabe funny charm that guybrush has, and he sort of has a bit of a whiney voice, a little like dominic armato. give him longer hair tied back in a ribbon, and give him piratey togs, you'd have guybrush.

Jenfer 04-23-2007 03:10 PM

I would have to say "if" a MI movie was ever made it should be cg and keep the orginal voices from the games.
I just can't picture anyone else doing Guybrushes voice but Dominic Aramto!
I also really think Lucas and Pixar need to get together and make a movie while pirates are the hot thing plus they really need to make another MI game.
I have played mine to death :D

Joshi 04-24-2007 04:44 AM

Pixar is stuck with Disney now, so there's little chance of that happening. And unless someone can come up with decent computer animation, I'd suggest either live action, or traditional animation.

Samnmax221 04-24-2007 06:19 AM

You forgot tradigital.

Joshi 04-24-2007 06:36 AM

Well, there's almost no way of doing traditional these days without adding a few digital effects I'm afraid, so it's kind of a given. I'm not expecting the next traditionally animated film to have the production values of Pinnochio.

Rye Rye Rocco 04-24-2007 08:46 PM

Thank God you're here Joshi, to let everyone know what to think. Heaven forbid you DON'T chime in and tell everyone they're wrong.

Samnmax221 04-25-2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rye Rye Rocco
Thank God you're here Joshi, to let everyone know what to think. Heaven forbid you DON'T chime in and tell everyone they're wrong.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com...6/Daxface1.jpg
OH NOES

Rye Rye Rocco 04-25-2007 02:32 AM

lol

Joshi 04-25-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rye Rye Rocco
Thank God you're here Joshi, to let everyone know what to think. Heaven forbid you DON'T chime in and tell everyone they're wrong.

I never said anyone was wrong, I'm just giving information and my opinion. Don't like it? Don't agree with it. Hell, I'd encourage a healthy debate on the subject. Of course blatant sarcasm is always welcomed here. :rolleyes:

Rye Rye Rocco 04-25-2007 02:11 PM

See, that's the thing though. No one cares what you think. Monkey Island is over man. You're living in the bloody past. Go out and get a girlfriend, hell, get two. Learn a new fncking musical instrument. I know who you are. In this virtual community you pretend to be some big shooter, but in the real world you're a nobody.

If someone actually ever does make a Monkey Island movie, they're going to do their own casting and aren't going to give a crap about any of your stupid ideas as to who should play Guybrush. Every forum it's always the same old crap about people musing as to who should play who in the movie, and if there IS a movie then they muse over an alternate cast. You think you're being creative but you're doing what thousands upon thousands of people all over the world are doing too.

I hate to piss in everyone's cornflakes but for fnck's sake people, life is happening all around you, weather in the real world or virtual, there is plenty of new things out there and you're all in here talking about the SAME thing you've been talking about for the past decade! Wake the FnCK up!

Joshi 04-26-2007 04:44 AM

tl;dr

Am I crazy in thinking of Scarlett Johansson as Elaine? Think about it, throw a red wig on her (she may or may not have already had red hair in a previous film), give her a passable English accent (if English is what we're going for, and none of that "Prestige" fake Cockney ****e) and she could do it.

And what if we were to cast Largo as well. Who should play him?

Phantom Knight 04-26-2007 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rye Rye Rocco
See, that's the thing though. No one cares what you think. Monkey Island is over man. You're living in the bloody past. Go out and get a girlfriend, hell, get two. Learn a new fncking musical instrument. I know who you are. In this virtual community you pretend to be some big shooter, but in the real world you're a nobody.

If someone actually ever does make a Monkey Island movie, they're going to do their own casting and aren't going to give a crap about any of your stupid ideas as to who should play Guybrush. Every forum it's always the same old crap about people musing as to who should play who in the movie, and if there IS a movie then they muse over an alternate cast. You think you're being creative but you're doing what thousands upon thousands of people all over the world are doing too.

I hate to piss in everyone's cornflakes but for fnck's sake people, life is happening all around you, weather in the real world or virtual, there is plenty of new things out there and you're all in here talking about the SAME thing you've been talking about for the past decade! Wake the FnCK up!

Dear lord!!! That was the most insulting thing I have ever read in the LF. I mean, that's a freakin' record! It brought tears of laughter to my eyes.

Thrik 04-26-2007 08:34 AM

Man, someone has some kind of pent-up vendetta with Joshi. ::

Joshi 04-26-2007 08:37 AM

Which is odd since I don't even know anyone from Minnesota.

Rye Rye Rocco 04-26-2007 03:14 PM

You might if you weren't some fat loser who spends all his time online using the same formulaic posts.

'I think (insert current popular actor name here) would be good playing (insert obligatory character here) because I have no creative ideas of my own so I have to go for the easiest, most obvious choice.'

Like, I don't know, say Scarlet Johannson as Elaine. What are you, twelve!?!

'Derp, and what if we were to cast Largo!?! Wow, what a unique idea, I can't believe no one has posed the idea of Largo yet! Thank GOD you're here Joshi, Largo would have been completely forgotten if you weren't too fat to leave your computer.

Wait, what if we were to cast Walley!?! OOOh, that would be fun, or WHAT IF we were to cast Murray!?! WOW, this is fun. I like pretending to be Joshi, all these sweet ideas coming to me! WAIT, I got it, WHAT IF we casted GUYBRUSH!?! Who could we get to play Guybrush!?! Scarlett Johannson maybe?

Samnmax221 04-26-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshi
Which is odd since I don't even know anyone from Minnesota.

Uh, what?

Phantom Knight 04-27-2007 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rye Rye Rocco
You might if you weren't some fat loser who spends all his time online using the same formulaic posts.

'I think (insert current popular actor name here) would be good playing (insert obligatory character here) because I have no creative ideas of my own so I have to go for the easiest, most obvious choice.'

Like, I don't know, say Scarlet Johannson as Elaine. What are you, twelve!?!

'Derp, and what if we were to cast Largo!?! Wow, what a unique idea, I can't believe no one has posed the idea of Largo yet! Thank GOD you're here Joshi, Largo would have been completely forgotten if you weren't too fat to leave your computer.

Wait, what if we were to cast Walley!?! OOOh, that would be fun, or WHAT IF we were to cast Murray!?! WOW, this is fun. I like pretending to be Joshi, all these sweet ideas coming to me! WAIT, I got it, WHAT IF we casted GUYBRUSH!?! Who could we get to play Guybrush!?! Scarlett Johannson maybe?

Okay, dude, seriously! You're taking it too far. I realise you're new, but insulting other people on the Lucas Forums is not allowed. In fact it is a huge offense.

Joshi 04-27-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samnmax221
Uh, what?

Unless he's using a proxy, his IP suggests he's from Hutchinson Minnesota. Even if he is using a proxy, his Location says City of Angles, which suggests LA (or perhaps Bangkok).

Phantom Knight, don't worry about him, he's a troll, if you ignore them, they go away. ;)

Phantom Knight 04-27-2007 04:58 AM

Your right about one thing :)

Joshi 04-27-2007 05:02 AM

And which one thing is that?

Rye Rye Rocco 04-27-2007 06:21 AM

Atleast I CAN leave. Here it is years later and you're still spending your entire life at the Monkey Island forum. Haven't you wanted to achieve anything in your life other than a high post count? Almost seven thousand now. Does that give you a sense of accomplishment? Does it keep you warm at night knowing you've had the distinct honor of spreading your "wisdom" to so many people you don't know and won't even miss you if you suddenly left? I mean sure, they might say, 'where's Joshi? I haven't seen him around for a while.' and for about a week the "Where's Joshi" thread would stay alive but when you never showed up again the thread would die and the forum would go on with business as usual and NO ONE would even notice you ever existed. There is a very distinct line between being a fan and being a fanatic, and you my friend are so far gone you can't even remember there ever being a line. It's just a video game Joshi, let it go.

Thrik 04-27-2007 08:24 AM

Heh, God. Are you someone else on these forums or something Rye? You seem to really have it in for Joshi, know his posting habits, and are going beyond the call of duty in trying to put him down.

If you're using a smurf account then that kind of makes you at least twice as lame as however lame you perceive Joshi to be.

I'm not going to defend anyone though as everyone's entitled to an opinion, as long as it doesn't end up downright vicious. ;

Ray Jones 04-27-2007 10:01 AM

Rye, what is that with you and trying to take over my part? If anyone's going to pick on Neil's "wisdom", it's me, me, me. At least you (A) could have asked and (B) shouldn't do that in the first place. Plus (C) :dozey: get a sex life yourself, because what's wrong with you man, you take it serious enough to fight internet personalities. What does that give you? Something among the lines of err.. compensation, because you just found out that you actually are supposed to have a penis?

Oh, gee, that's though, I really feel for you.

Rye Rye Rocco 04-27-2007 11:15 AM

Thrik, what was that you just said about getting vicious?

I'm gonna go run crying to my mommy now because Ray Ray's a meanie!

I'm entitled to an opinion!?! Damn, what is it with you people? You remind me of my bloody college art teachers. Artists are cool like that, you can fnck with them all you want and they do that whole paper tiger routine. I mean, $hit man, I once turned in a project on which I intentionally did a crappy job because I just could not force myself to care about doing a good job and the teacher thought it was great. She held it up in class and showed everyone how I was thinking outside the box and did something so completely different from anything the rest of them had done, and used me as an example of how the rest of them should strive for individuality. It wasn't long afterwards I just stopped going.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.