LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Yoda’s Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Spiderman 3 - Thoughts and Opinions (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=177934)

Commander Obi-Wan 04-27-2007 09:14 PM

Spiderman 3 - Thoughts and Opinions
 
Spiderman 3 is the third installment of the Spiderman movie series. Spiderman 3 brings in a few new villains in these movies. There is Sandman/Flint Marko (Thomas Haden Church). Also, Venom/Eddie Brock (Topher Grace) and returning is Harry Osborn (James Franco). Spiderman/Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) and Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst) finally get together. Though, he still faces the inevitable in facing three more enemies. But one night, his "costume" changes black and the ability to enhance his superpowers. As a result, the suit brings out an evil, darker, inimical side of him. Though, after becoming more egotistical, he abandons the suit. Eventually facing the villains. Also appearing in Spiderman 3 is Gwen Stacey (Bryce Dallas Howard) who is the new, love interest of Eddie Brock.

Here are some links for the trailers, information, and whatnot for the movie. :)

The Official Site
Spiderman 3 (2007)
A bunch of trailers and TV spots from Youtube
More trailers

If you have any more links, feel free to post them. :)

So, what are thoughts and opinions for this film. Excited? Disgusted?

Personally, I am pretty excited about this movie. Though, I seem to be excited with about every movie that comes out these days. :p I've already purchased my ticket from the movie next week, right after school. :D

DarthAve 04-27-2007 09:27 PM

I told my mom that if we didn't see this movie, I would do somthing bad. And by bad, I mean eat all her chips or somthing.

BongoBob 04-27-2007 10:01 PM

I never saw the 2nd spider-man, but this one definitely looks like a must see.

MTV2 04-27-2007 10:09 PM

i don't have school that day :)

Jeff 04-28-2007 12:10 AM

boughten isn't a word

ET Warrior 04-28-2007 01:16 AM

While technically a word, you've still used it in a grammatically unacceptable way. You may use boughten as an adjective, to describe something that had been bought. So, had you said, "I've got my boughten ticket" You would be ok. However, it is not a verb, and you get an F.

Bomberman65 04-28-2007 01:22 AM

I can't wait for it. Venom is my favorite villan. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Bring on Spidey 3 I say.

DeadYorick 04-28-2007 02:18 AM

Venom wont be in this one from what I hear. This takes place when Spidey finds his symbiote. Venom comes way later when Eddie Brock finds it. This is about Sandman as the antagoist. Anyway im voting that Venom will come in Spiderman 4

BongoBob 04-28-2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET Warrior
While technically a word, you've still used it in a grammatically unacceptable way. You may use boughten as an adjective, to describe something that had been bought. So, had you said, "I've got my boughten ticket" You would be ok. However, it is not a verb, and you get an F.

Oh shi-, is that some return of the grammar Nazi?

SIEG HEIL!

:xp:

Black Knight of Keno 04-28-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BongoBob
Oh shi-, is that some return of the grammar Nazi?

SIEG HEIL!

:xp:

Heil die sprachlehre nazi!

And back to the real topic here:
I am definately going to see the movie. If not for the whole Spiderman thing but because I want to see Eric(The nerdling we all love in the 70s show) become Venom(The most badass villain I know) :p
But I'm worried of the plot, which is always a problem with comics made into movies. What I've read it seems they're pretty loyal to the original plot in the comics, but it still worries me a bit. However, they have made excellent work thus far in the movie adaptations.

Can't wait

Pho3nix 04-28-2007 06:56 AM

I'm very very excited about Spider-man 3. :D

I'm a little worried about how Venom will turn out, he looks good in still pictures but in motion I'm not sure.

Sandman has always been the most boring villain in the whole Spider-man universe right next to Doc Ock. So for me the whole Sandman storyline will be overshadowed by my greed of seeing Eddie becoming Venom and fighting Spidey.

Curt-Man 04-28-2007 09:24 AM

I am uber pumped about this. I've read up on it and stuff, so I don't see myself getting dissapointed by venom or the storyline in any major way, so I'm pretty damn excited, also I hear its going to be a long one, which we all know means long fight/chase scenes :)

Jeff 04-28-2007 09:57 AM

wow I didn't even know it was a word.

anyways I'm looking forward to Spider-man 3 very much. I think it looks superior to the first two from the trailers and scenes that I have seen.

Char Ell 04-28-2007 11:08 AM

I thought the first two Spider-Man movies were quite enjoyable and will definitely head to my local theater to see Spider-Man 3. I am somewhat apprehensive about how well the story will work with three different villains in play though.

TiE23 04-28-2007 12:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_expensive_movies

Yeah... It'll probably be good.

Commander Obi-Wan 04-28-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET Warrior
While technically a word, you've still used it in a grammatically unacceptable way. You may use boughten as an adjective, to describe something that had been bought. So, had you said, "I've got my boughten ticket" You would be ok. However, it is not a verb, and you get an F.

You got me there. However, I did correct it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE23
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_expensive_movies

Yeah... It'll probably be good.

I hope it does turn out to be a good or great film. But, some of those movies around the top haven't done so well.

Tyrion 04-28-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET Warrior
While technically a word, you've still used it in a grammatically unacceptable way. You may use boughten as an adjective, to describe something that had been bought. So, had you said, "I've got my boughten ticket" You would be ok. However, it is not a verb, and you get an F.

Actually, you fail.

http://www.answers.com/boughten&r=67

Quote:

bought·en (bôt'n) pronunciation Chiefly Northern U.S.
v.

A past participle of buy.
Subsequently, "boughten" is a correct word both in spelling and in grammar. Therefore, I denounce your claims to the throne of the grammar nazi and hereby declare you a participle jew!

:xp:

Mike Windu 04-28-2007 04:44 PM

To whoever said Venom wasn't in it.

You're wrong. Good day.

The Source 04-28-2007 05:21 PM

I am a little disappointed at the Green Goblin II's design, but I think they will make up for it with everything else. I have not been this excited since forever. I am glad to see the Symbiot alien suit has been brought into the movies. Go Spidey!

Bomberman65 04-28-2007 08:46 PM

Yeah Venom is in the film I have proof. Here look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_HmW...elated&search=
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1433/venomwt5.jpg
And both are not a fake this is the real deal. Its not the full scene but damn it look bloody good so far. I can't stop watching this. 4 more days till it comes out here in New Zealand.

MrWally 04-28-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE23


War and Peace..... $560,000,000.

O_O

BongoBob 04-28-2007 11:53 PM

After inflation yes. But still. God damn.

Lorden Darkblade 04-29-2007 02:52 AM

I honestly can't wait to see this movie...
I think it's going to be one of the best Spiderman movies.

Son of Skywalker15 04-29-2007 06:53 PM

I've been a Spider-Man fan for awhile, and it seems that Spider-Man 3 will make us Spidy fans proud. :) I can't wait!

The Doctor 04-30-2007 10:50 PM

Eric Foreman as Eddie Brock? Sorry, I just think they could have casted that one better. :P

I can't wait for this one. I'm going to see it with a few buddies sometime in the next few weeks, for sure.

milo 04-30-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor
Eric Foreman as Eddie Brock? Sorry, I just think they could have casted that one better. :P

I know what you mean. He's kind of thin for Venom.

Still excited though. :DDD

Son of Skywalker15 05-01-2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor
Eric Foreman as Eddie Brock? Sorry, I just think they could have casted that one better. :P

I can't wait for this one. I'm going to see it with a few buddies sometime in the next few weeks, for sure.

I'm looking to forward to what he ( Topher) can do on the big screen. I've only seen the picture posted in here of venom, and it looks great! :)

ET Warrior 05-01-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion

You should have actually read the entire definition

"The Northern form boughten (as in store boughten) features the participial ending –en, added to bought, the participial form, probably by analogy with more common participial adjectives such as frozen."

You can use boughten as a participial adjective, just like you can with frozen, as a modifier to describe something. And because a participle is an adjective form of a verb, it's not a verb anymore and cannot be used as such. I keep my throne, and to the dungeons with you.

Tyrion 05-01-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET Warrior
You should have actually read the entire definition

"The Northern form boughten (as in store boughten) features the participial ending –en, added to bought, the participial form, probably by analogy with more common participial adjectives such as frozen."

You can use boughten as a participial adjective, just like you can with frozen, as a modifier to describe something. And because a participle is an adjective form of a verb, it's not a verb anymore and cannot be used as such. I keep my throne, and to the dungeons with you.

Regardless though, the definition still clearly dictates the word as a verb, as it says in the very first definition. Sure, you can do whatever faux-grammar wriggling to get out of it, but you can't deny what it bluntly states.

The only case you have is to say that Northern US dialect don't count, but once you do that you'll have the entire state of Montana upon you...

MTV2 05-01-2007 11:02 AM

theres a 7-minute trailer on this, where Parker fights the green goblins kid (forgot name)

Black Knight of Keno 05-01-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTV2
theres a 7-minute trailer on this, where Parker fights the green goblins kid (forgot name)

Note: The following trailer might contain spoilers, depending on what you count as spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LKsdU_nKO8

And it's Harry Osborne, just so you know

ET Warrior 05-01-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrion
The only case you have is to say that Northern US dialect don't count, but once you do that you'll have the entire state of Montana upon you...

No, the only case I have to say is that it is a participle version of the verb, which is clearly stated. It is a "past participle of buy". It's still TECHNICALLY a verb, but you cannot USE it as a verb in a sentence, which is why I say it is not a verb. You can argue that I was semantically incorrect, but for all intents and purposes it's not a verb. So :p

So as to avoid my continuing to be completely off-topic, I'm going to see S3 for absolute certainty this Friday. I've even gotten work explicitly off to prevent the slightest possibility of missing it.

BongoBob 05-01-2007 02:48 PM

My friend Greg called his boss and said he was going to be sick on May 4 the day the announced that was when spider man 3 was coming out :p

JoeDoe 2.0 05-01-2007 03:50 PM

I'm going to see it and skip my appointment with my doctor, I'm sure I don't have any diseases, but if I die while seeing SP3 will be totally worth it. (start figthing for my laptop and my xbox elite)

MrWally 05-01-2007 06:53 PM

Who needs to fight?

I dibs both.

That's right. Dibs.

Titanius Anglesmith 05-01-2007 07:04 PM

I'm really looking forward to this, so I'll be going with a few friends at midnight on Thursday (well, Friday really). It's just a little disappointing that Venom won't be showing up until late in the movie.

Vikinor 05-01-2007 10:55 PM

I'm definatley going to see this. I'm hoping to go on Saturday. There is no way I'm going on Friday, I don't really enjoy overcrowded theaters.

narfblat 05-02-2007 12:15 AM

I say however people use "boughten" becomes the proper form. It's an evolving language, aint it?

How did a spiderman 3 thread become a grammar school? A thread of this awesomeness should absorb bad grammar harmlessly.

Has anyone got a Venom smiley? That would be a cool adition to this forum.

Mike Windu 05-02-2007 06:22 AM

Nope. But I did buy an absurdly cute Venom plushie for 4 bucks at Target. :D

BongoBob 05-02-2007 08:47 AM

The words cute and venom should never be next to each other.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.