LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Expanded Universe (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=442)
-   -   darth bane's real name a bit dissapointing:( (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180531)

darth kav 07-17-2007 03:59 AM

darth bane's real name a bit dissapointing:(
 
darth bane's real name is dissapointing was the writer in he right state off mind when he came up with that name came on his name is dessel this guy is one of the best sith lords of all time and his name is dessel .your thoughts please.

PoiuyWired 07-17-2007 08:57 AM

I kind of like it actually. Its a less-than-glorious name, and kinda echos with bane's episode with his dad. Besides, try calling bane Dessel Boy and see what happens.

Lord XZantor 07-17-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
I kind of like it actually. Its a less-than-glorious name, and kinda echos with bane's episode with his dad. Besides, try calling bane Dessel Boy and see what happens.

LOL! i agree with poiuy.

JoeDoe 2.0 07-17-2007 07:39 PM

I liked the book, how a great Dark Lord can rise from a life of misery and become a person who can decide the fate of the Universe, awesome

RC-1162 07-21-2007 11:50 AM

Well, a name is just that, a name. Thats why most Sith have their Darth <insert evil-sounding name here> title ;). Vader, Sidious, Tyranus as examples.

Dessel001 09-06-2007 11:06 PM

Don't make fun of Dessel!!! :firemad:

BigMike322 09-08-2007 10:22 AM

The name Dessel was the Bane of his existence.

DarthExile27 09-19-2007 12:50 AM

I also liked his name, and I also think the book was excellent. I found him far more interesting than Anakin/Vader. He was a person who really had a reason to turn to the darkside.

Rev7 09-26-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-1162
Well, a name is just that, a name. Thats why most Sith have their Darth <insert evil-sounding name here> title ;). Vader, Sidious, Tyranus as examples.


I totally agree.

Darth Xander 10-01-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessel001
Don't make fun of Dessel!!! :firemad:

Dessel? His name is Dessel?! OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Dessel HAHAHA!! I thought it would have been Sherlie but Dessel?! HAHAHAHAHA
:animelol::animelol::animelol::animelol::animelol:


Seriously cool name

Drynos 08-12-2008 06:17 AM

Dessel, as far as Bane is concerned is just another person who was slain and forgotten. Dessel was a guy who thought what he lived was a slightly below par level. A republic private stabbed him outside the bar that night. Dessel died and Bane was born.

Samuel Dravis 08-13-2008 01:24 AM

Dessel is far better than "Squinquargesimus." I'd say it's lucky his name is so ordinary.

adamqd 08-13-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis (Post 2509270)
Dessel is far better than "Squinquargesimus." I'd say it's lucky his name is so ordinary.

QFT hehe

Revan.Ragnos.85 08-22-2008 03:53 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with how they wrote Bane. Sure Dessel doesn't sound like the name of a dreaded Sith Lord, but that is because it isn't. Darth Bane is the name of a great Sith Lord.

Astor 08-22-2008 12:21 PM

Hey, John Wayne's real name was Marion. Does that make him any less awesome? Nope.

And neither should Dessel make Bane less awesome.

Agent_Katarn00 08-28-2008 07:51 PM

Dessel sounds cool!
It kind of reminds me of Kessel.
My dad made a kotor character called darth bane and without knowing there was a real bane.
But Dessel does not really bother me at all

Te Je'karta Mand'alor 08-12-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darth kav (Post 2344637)
darth bane's real name is dissapointing was the writer in he right state off mind when he came up with that name came on his name is dessel this guy is one of the best sith lords of all time and his name is dessel .your thoughts please.

it's not about how cool the character's name is. it's about the character himself

Fredi 08-18-2009 07:11 PM

I really don't have a problem with the name. Sounds cool :p

Te Je'karta Mand'alor 08-18-2009 07:19 PM

i agree. sound too much like "kessel" though

Mandalore The Shadow 08-23-2009 05:45 PM

I too agree with the dissapintment in his name it seems kind of dumb

Te Je'karta Mand'alor 08-23-2009 08:54 PM

come on guys. it's a cool name


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.