LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Unknown Regions (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631)
-   -   KotOR III :: Aliens from Jabba's Palace (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180882)

The Source 07-28-2007 07:04 PM

KotOR III :: Aliens from Jabba's Palace
 
KotOR III :: Aliens from Jabba's Palace
Even though some of the aliens made it to the series, how about adding some more of the Jabba species? Bib Fortuna, Rancor Keeper, Spider Droid (Bubble On Back), etc...

Ctrl Alt Del 07-28-2007 10:25 PM

Bib Fortuna: Already on the game. He's a Twi'lek.

Rancor Keeper: Isn't he human?

Spider Droid: Huh? It's a droid, not an alien as you said. Besides, what's that? Is it the spider-like creature on the shadows, right at Jabba's front door, after Luke comes in on RotJ?

Still, yeah, the more aliens, the merrier. Obsidian did a great job on implementing Sullustans on K2, their voices were perfect.

And Bioware used the aliens skins poorly. I mean, we only get to see a Quarren once, at Taris.

Ztalker 07-29-2007 07:31 AM

Agreed...the more aliens, the more you get sucked into the story.

Miltiades 07-31-2007 05:15 PM

Yeah, we mostly got to see Humans, Rodians and Twi'leks. More variation is needed. Devaronians, for example. There a but a few in the game. What about the Mon Calamari, the Kel Dor or the Falleen? Or even some new, wacky aliens? The more, the better!

shadowtrooper69 08-02-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
Spider Droid: Huh? It's a droid, not an alien as you said. Besides, what's that? Is it the spider-like creature on the shadows, right at Jabba's front door, after Luke comes in on RotJ?

um they are not droids either they are cyborgs, heres a picture: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image...ence_Droid.jpg

Quanon 08-02-2007 09:42 AM

There are a lot of alien models already from Jabba's palace and the Catina :

Duros
Ithorians
Rodian
Twi'lek
Gran
Gamorean , piggys :lol:
Walrusman ( don't know their real species name)
Bith

and that weird "two in one" alien + those used mainly for the Vulkar thugs ( can't rember the name )

But it wouldn't hurt to have more of them , and mainly in your party .

Its just very dull that in both games you don't have the choice to be an alien yourself or to have more of them in your party .

MORE ALIEN types please :lol:

Kas'!m 08-02-2007 04:18 PM

If they put just one Kel Dor in the game, I'll be happy

Ctrl Alt Del 08-04-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowtrooper69
um they are not droids either they are cyborgs, heres a picture: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image...ence_Droid.jpg


The ones I was thinking on. But how interesting is that semi-droid, cyborg, that don't do anything beside talk? Perhaps a side-quest for the Tech specialist that take care of it: "Find my vocabulator!" Then it can talk...

PoiuyWired 08-05-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quanon
There are a lot of alien models already from Jabba's palace and the Catina :

Duros
Ithorians
Rodian
Twi'lek
Gran
Gamorean , piggys :lol:
Walrusman ( don't know their real species name)
Bith

and that weird "two in one" alien + those used mainly for the Vulkar thugs ( can't rember the name )

But it wouldn't hurt to have more of them , and mainly in your party .

Its just very dull that in both games you don't have the choice to be an alien yourself or to have more of them in your party .

MORE ALIEN types please :lol:

There is a difference between interesting aliens, and aliens that would work nicely into the story without being allien for alien's sake. So, getting a calamari, transtodian or even a yassum as a party member might make sense, but not a bananaman or speac slug. Plus, more weird models means more modeling done for development, time which can be used for other stuff. Aliens done with a simple headswap is good and everything, some overly exortic alien that exists onl in a few scenes though, might not worth the effort if it does not pivot the story in some way that is related to its uniqueness.

Quanon 08-05-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
There is a difference between interesting aliens, and aliens that would work nicely into the story without being allien for alien's sake. So, getting a calamari, transtodian or even a yassum as a party member might make sense, but not a bananaman or speac slug. Plus, more weird models means more modeling done for development, time which can be used for other stuff. Aliens done with a simple headswap is good and everything, some overly exortic alien that exists onl in a few scenes though, might not worth the effort if it does not pivot the story in some way that is related to its uniqueness.

Ofcourse , I just wished there where some more alien NPC in your party or the chance to have them .

I can see your point , it would indeed be a waste of time to fully animate and model a sort monster/alien that just appears for a minute in a cut-scene .

Besides I think the list is long enough for mere background NPC's .

But Bioware did a nice job on the Manaan fishhead Selkaths , nice design and a great addition to the list of SW aliens.

Reclaimer 08-05-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowtrooper69
um they are not droids either they are cyborgs, heres a picture: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image...ence_Droid.jpg

Read it's description, you'll know hwat the brain is for, and it's not for thinking. It's used by monks to carry the brains of those who are enlightened.

Miltiades 08-05-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Plus, more weird models means more modeling done for development, time which can be used for other stuff. Aliens done with a simple headswap is good and everything, some overly exortic alien that exists onl in a few scenes though, might not worth the effort if it does not pivot the story in some way that is related to its uniqueness.

Yes, I agree. We don't need hundreds of alien species in the game that only appear once or twice and that would slow down development, but just a couple of new alien species would be nice. As background characters, as prominent figures or as party members.

Ctrl Alt Del 08-05-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miltiades
Yes, I agree. We don't need hundreds of alien species in the game that only appear once or twice and that would slow down development, but just a couple of new alien species would be nice. As background characters, as prominent figures or as party members.

It was like the Paaerduag (The bizarre two headed creature), or something on the first Kotor. We only met one of it's race twice: One on Taris Cantina and the other at Tatooine Spaceport

Miltiades 08-05-2007 09:37 PM

Hmm, yeah, that's right. Maybe they should work out those a bit more first. Weird creatures...

Quanon 08-06-2007 09:40 AM

Are there any Gran in Kotor I ? I don't know where I could find any , lots of Twi'lek but no Gran .

Really Kotor is like overrun by Twi'lek , strange ... guess they were very proud about that model as it appears a lot .

Kamino would be a nice addition , like the design ... but guess that would go into to the canon LAWS of SW and the EU .

Don't know what you guys and gals think , what would be an interesting addition to Kotor as story/quest NPC or Party-member .

PoiuyWired 08-07-2007 02:49 PM

Well, to be fair I would rather see twi'lek dancers than Gran dancers. But a few Grans would be nice.Also, coreellia would be a nice place to visit, they also get some of those oversized carebears species there, drall I think they are called.

Emperor Devon 08-07-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quanon
Are there any Gran in Kotor I ? I don't know where I could find any , lots of Twi'lek but no Gran .

There's three of them, two being swoop race fans on Manaan with a couple lines of dialogue and the other being Zulan (someone you assassinate in a GenoHaradan quest). The models look decent enough, though there aren't any Gran VOs. (Why they were used so infrequently?)

Ctrl Alt Del 08-25-2007 03:58 PM

^Not only Grans for that case. There was only ONE Quarren the whole game.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.