LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Republic Newsfeed (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Mandalorians (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183121)

Lord Revan63 10-21-2007 02:49 PM

Mandalorians
 
Hi Lord Revan here, Just talking about everyones favorite Brutes the Mandalorians...lol, i Wanted to start this forum because i dont think people give mandalorians alot of respect. Or maybe im wrong but still. this forums discusses what your favorite Mandalorian/Mandalore, what they did in there time, and there great adventures.....My Favorite Mandalorian is Kex in KOTOR 2 he is found on Dxun. my Favorite mandalore is "Mandalore the Ultimate".....i have no real reason tho!!!

teodesetkata 10-28-2007 01:25 AM

Mandalorians

It is hard to say, but I think my favourite Mandalorian in KOTOR 1 & 2 was Sherruk. The one that collects lightsabers.

About my favourite Mandalore, I would have to say the current leader - Boba Fett. But if I had to choose from KOTOR 1 & 2 - Canderous Ordo.

adamqd 10-28-2007 03:17 PM

"Mandalore the Indomitable" and later "Mandalore the Ultimate" are my favorite's, because of there armor, what they did for the Mandalorians, and there appearances in my favorite comic lines...

JediMaster12 10-29-2007 01:35 PM

Mandalorians in general I actually respect. I have a healthy respect for their view of the galaxy in terms of battles fought that are won and lost. I understand the moot of a warrior and cannot grasp why they insist on making Canderous DS. My favorite Mandalorian is Canderous because he explains the sort of code of Mandalorians. It was what led my to write Mandalorian Measures, my songfic.

Lord Revan63 11-03-2007 12:15 AM

ya like i said before kex and kelborn r my main men they always have something to say and most of all theyre like brothers to me wen i play i actually get respect...mandalore like i said Mandalore The Utlimate oh and other legendary Mandalore....I think is and always will be CASSUS FETT!!!!!

PoiuyWired 11-03-2007 02:30 PM

Oh, what is Boobie Fett's Mandalore Name?

I hope it is something cool, and not something stupid like "Mandalore the re-resurrector" "Mandalore the Agreeable" "Mandalore the Duckrolled"

Jvstice 11-03-2007 02:35 PM

I am actually hoping that LA will either have a series of comics or books to look at the generations of mandalores from the time of Canderous to the time when they are all become traveling bounty hunters rather than being a unified people anymore.

I don't know that there'd ever be enough interest for them to do soemthing like that, but I know I'd want to read a series about the Mandalore dynasties.

Corinthian 11-03-2007 10:02 PM

Boba Fett is my favorite Mandalorian. Mainly because he's not one of those sissy, allegedly honorable ones, he's a hardcore Bounty Hunter, in it for the creds. Besides, he was the first.

Talyn82 01-22-2008 02:19 AM

My favorites are Canderous, Mandalore the Indomitable, and Mandalore the Ultimate. As for Boba, he's overrated he got killed by a blind guy. Any of the Mandalorians I mentioned would own him.

Also is Boba Fett considered a true Mandalorian? After all he's just a clone of his father who was a true Mandalorian.

Rev7 01-26-2008 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyn82
My favorites are Canderous, Mandalore the Indomitable, and Mandalore the Ultimate. As for Boba, he's overrated he got killed by a blind guy. Any of the Mandalorians I mentioned would own him.

Also is Boba Fett considered a true Mandalorian? After all he's just a clone of his father who was a true Mandalorian.

Well, Boba was technically an exact duplicate (genetically) of Jango, so in my book that makes Boba a 'true mandolorian' to me. Boba Fett actually didn't die, you should read up about it on Wookiepedia, I would give you a link, but wookiepedia isn't working for me at the moment...
Well, my favorite Mandolorians would have to be Boba, Jango, and Canderous Ordo. My favorite Mandalores would have to be Boba and Canderous, just because Boba is a classic, and Canderous really, in my eyes, captures what it is really supposed to be like to be a Mandolorian. IMO, of course. :)

Shem 01-26-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev7
Boba Fett actually didn't die

Ask George Lucas that question. He'll tell you he's dead.

Ctrl Alt Del 01-26-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shem
Ask George Lucas that question. He'll tell you he's dead.

That would dump a good part of the EU.

Even whatever he says is law on SW.

Shem 01-26-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
That would dump a good part of the EU.

Even whatever he says is law on SW.

Well, the EU contradicts a lot of what Lucas says, so having Boba Fett back is not really that big of deal in the long run. Anyway, in my mind Boba Fett is dead and the story truly ended at the end of ROTJ since balance was brought back to the Force. Having Sith Lords and/or Dark Jedi running around again after ROTJ contradicts Anakin being the Chosen One because the Force is out of balance again.

Ctrl Alt Del 01-26-2008 08:34 PM

Considering there are still many arguments about who is the chosen one yet... Or better, the Sith'ari.

Talyn82 01-26-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Well, the EU contradicts a lot of what Lucas says, so having Boba Fett back is not really that big of deal in the long run. Anyway, in my mind Boba Fett is dead and the story truly ended at the end of ROTJ since balance was brought back to the Force. Having Sith Lords and/or Dark Jedi running around again after ROTJ contradicts Anakin being the Chosen One because the Force is out of balance again.
I feel the same way as you do, which is why I don't read or play anything after ROTJ.

Quote:

Considering there are still many arguments about who is the chosen one yet... Or better, the Sith'ari.
It's been stated many times by GL himself that Anakin is the "Chosen One". Watch the mini documentary on the 2nd DVD of ROTS, he states it there.

Quote:

Well, my favorite Mandolorians would have to be Boba, Jango, and Canderous Ordo. My favorite Mandalores would have to be Boba and Canderous, just because Boba is a classic, and Canderous really, in my eyes, captures what it is really supposed to be like to be a Mandolorian. IMO, of course.
As for Boba being a Mandalorian I still consider him just a copy. It's like burning CDs you have the original and the copies. So to me Jango was the last true Mandalorian, but that's just my opinoin.

Anyway everyone is entitled to their own opinions. ;)

Rev7 01-27-2008 01:34 AM

Well, I guess that I should have said, "In the EU", but apperently I failed at that.

Ctrl Alt Del 01-27-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyn82
I feel the same way as you do, which is why I don't read or play anything after ROTJ.

Your loss for being over purist.

SilentScope001 01-27-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Having Sith Lords and/or Dark Jedi running around again after ROTJ contradicts Anakin being the Chosen One because the Force is out of balance again.
So would be the Republic going all corrupt and end up getting overthrown by the people wanting a brand new Empire.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

JoeDoe 2.0 01-27-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shem
Having Sith Lords and/or Dark Jedi running around again after ROTJ contradicts Anakin being the Chosen One because the Force is out of balance again.

I think Anakin was the CHOSEN ONE of his time (thats how I see it), and there are always gonna be bad guys running around, where there is light there must also be dark, for balance to be served

Talyn82 01-27-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

I think Anakin was the CHOSEN ONE of his time (thats how I see it), and there are always gonna be bad guys running around, where there is light there must also be dark, for balance to be served.
You make a good point, I guess as long as there are Jedi, there will always be one to fall to the dark side.

Rev7 01-27-2008 05:22 PM

Well, of course. Possibly having those two sects fight means that there is balance.

JinSarigit 01-28-2008 01:55 PM

I usually liked the Mandalorians from the KOTOR series, and thought it was funny to see them stranded on Lehon. I guess my favorite from KOTOR would have to be Zuka, or Kex (the one that says "Yeah what do you want?")

Rev7 01-29-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JinSarigit
(the one that says "Yeah what do you want?")

Don't they all say that? :p

JinSarigit 01-31-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev7
Don't they all say that? :p

True enough :D at least the ones that won't try killing you and adding your lightsaber to their collection, are alright :lol: .

Lordjedi 02-03-2008 01:08 PM

Boba is my fav. He is a hardcore Bounty Hunter.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.