LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Yoda’s Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Guitar Hero III - Your thoughts (no jackasses allowed) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183386)

BongoBob 10-31-2007 02:56 PM

Guitar Hero III - Your thoughts (no jackasses allowed)

Well, now that it's out, post your thoughts on it (unless your thoughts are "Play a real f***ing guitar" *glares at Ty*).

The bad: There's one thing that I cannot stand, and that's how unsparingly they use 3 fret chords. There's no reason for that bulls***. For instance, 3's And 7's. Almost the whole song is 3 fret chords. This is annoying as hell.

The Good: Everything else. One thing that I really love that probably no-one else noticed from Guitar Hero I and II is the drummer. In most games and especially CG movies, whenever someone is drumming it annoys the everliving hell out of me when they don't get it right. They'll have 3 animations for what really should be 8, hitting the hi-hat when they should be hitting the ride, the snare instead of the toms, etc. But in GHIII it's eerily accurate, even on the PS2.

TiE23 10-31-2007 06:08 PM

My opinion on it... It's at 96% and there is 38 minutes left... I'll let you know in the hour. LoL.

Also, this is a no Darth Groovy zone, too. -Thats a joke, btw. : P

Slightly off topic: Bongo, we need to play Halo 3 some time, never played with you since Beta on it.

Mike Windu 10-31-2007 06:14 PM

Funny, everyone else thinks the GH3 drummer is robotic. XD

TiE23 10-31-2007 09:41 PM

Uhh... I've obtained it now. My sister got to my guitar before I could get off the toilet when it was loading, so she's playing Slow Ride on Easy. First thing I noticed is that the graphics are damn ugly for the PS2 version. GH2 looked better IMO.

Also, I thought Judy Nails was a new character and not Judy Nails. And the three characters that I liked: Izzy, Pandora, and Clive Winston are either gone or messed up. Pandora and Clive are gone, and Izzy looks freaking weird. And Xavier Stone looks like a bad caricature of Jimi Hendrix. And Johnny Napalm looks like he's in his 40's and British now, when he was resident the Pants-on-head retard ADHD 20-something guy. Also, the singer looked weird in the 360 demo, but he was an interesting weird looking, like he was kinda eye catching. In PS2 version he looks like an android.

Tyrion 10-31-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BongoBob
Well, now that it's out, post your thoughts on it (unless your thoughts are "Play a real f***ing guitar" *glares at Ty*).

The point is, I'm still cooler than you.

BongoBob 10-31-2007 11:11 PM

I said no jackasses allowed -_-

Lightsaberboy 11-01-2007 06:53 AM

how does it differ on on the three consoles? does one perform better than another?

BongoBob 11-01-2007 01:50 PM

Well, the 360 version is the pick IMO, but if you don't have a 360 or the cash for it, the PS2 version is good also.

I've also admitted defeat on the Expert difficulty. 3 of the final 4 songs just plain kick my ass.

I also put in the unlock all cheat code to try out Through The Fire And Flames. I 3 starred it on hard, and failed in 4 seconds on expert. Though it is fun to play on expert in the practice mode, I got 73% notes hit.

Jeff 11-01-2007 03:16 PM

Anybody played the Wii version?

TiE23 11-01-2007 04:47 PM

I played through probably 30 of the songs in one sitting. The first 15 songs are snore-fests except for a few exceptions. How do you unlock Through the Fire And Flames? I gots lots of money, but no extra song. : (

The graphics are totally fugly, and it takes forever to save. And thats all I really got to say.

Lightsaberboy 11-01-2007 08:37 PM

on the wii version or just in general tie?

BongoBob 11-01-2007 08:49 PM

You unlock Through The Fire And Flames by unplugging the power cord beating the game on any difficulty level.

Also, the difficulty curve (on expert at least) is rediculous. The first 30-some songs are easy as hell, and then all of a sudden the difficulty spikes up insanely.

TiE23 11-02-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightsaberboy
on the wii version or just in general tie?

I don't own a Wii... The PS2 version is what I'm talking about.

Also, the drummer looks down-right retarded. He has no facial animation (not even blinking) and looks like he's in the middle of pushing out a huge turd on a toilet. And I was surprised when it seemed like he was drumming at least somewhat decently, but his animation sucked. His arms were all funky and stuff, totally unnatural.

BongoBob 11-02-2007 12:17 AM

But it was at the very least rather accurate (hitting the crash when he should be, ride when he should be, toms when he should be, etc).

I'm not saying the animations are perfect, but they are a much needed step in the right direction.

Darth Groovy 11-06-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE23
My opinion on it... It's at 96% and there is 38 minutes left... I'll let you know in the hour. LoL.

Also, this is a no Darth Groovy zone, too. -Thats a joke, btw. : P

Slightly off topic: Bongo, we need to play Halo 3 some time, never played with you since Beta on it.

It's all good if you like the game, I'm not going to dump on it. Look at my sales over the last couple of weeks...GHIII is selling quicker than I can get re-stocked, so other people like it too. It's just not my thing. I like some things that other people would think are silly such as Lumines, and singing games.

However, you declaring any thread a no Darth Groovy zone, especially in the swamp, is an exercise in futility. :tng1:

acdcfanbill 11-06-2007 09:39 AM

My pants are a no Darth Groovy zone!

However, this video of through the fire and flames made me look like this :Open2:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg

Tyrion 11-06-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdcfanbill
My pants are a no Darth Groovy zone!]

I have video tapes that deny such a claim in rather sexy fashion.

BongoBob 11-06-2007 11:52 AM

Also an illegal in thirteen states fashion.

The damndest thing is, I could probably get through most of Through The Fire And Flames, but I just can't get that beginning part down. The solo would only be doable if I got really lucky and hit all the star power parts, but all the super fast strumming parts I can do really well.

Tyrion 11-06-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BongoBob
Also an illegal in thirteen states fashion.

Fourteen, actually. Arkansas buckled down.

Anyway, apparently Wednesday South Park's going to show a Guitar Hero episode.

Anthony 11-06-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE23
Through the Fire And Flames?

How that song is even playable on GH is beyond me

Jeff 11-07-2007 04:58 PM

I'm still thinking about whether I want this for Wii or not ... Well I guess its not that I don't want it, its just I don't know if I want to pay for it. :p

Am I the only one who likes the PS2 guitar better than the Les Pauls? I wish I could get that one for Wii.

BongoBob 11-07-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
Am I the only one who likes the PS2 guitar better than the Les Pauls?

Yes.

Lightsaberboy 11-08-2007 12:48 AM

how's the difficulty of the songs? i heard that half of them are pretty easy then they get insanely hard.

BongoBob 11-08-2007 02:29 AM

Yeah, the difficulty curve is pretty steady up until Cult Of Personality. After that it's just insanely difficult, namely Slayer's Raining Blood.

Lightsaberboy 11-08-2007 02:37 AM

is it still fun tho or does it get too frustrating that you want to smash your guitar on the ground?

BongoBob 11-08-2007 02:40 AM

It can be frustrating, but only because Raining Blood should have been the final song instead of just one of the last songs.

Lightsaberboy 11-09-2007 02:41 AM

did anyone see south park tonight? they mentioned guitar hero XD

JoeDoe 2.0 11-09-2007 12:59 PM

Yeah, I played some GH3 at my cousin's house. I'm going to buy it with Mass Effect and enjoy it on Thanksgiving Break. Also, some rules after playing GH:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/070423.jpg

Plz remember these 3 very important rules, thnx

Pie™ 11-09-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightsaberboy
did anyone see south park tonight? they mentioned guitar hero XD

I did. It was one of the worst episodes I've seen.

TiE23 11-09-2007 10:40 PM

For some reason when I played Cult of Personality on hard on my first try. I completely nailed all the solos. I was surprised it was so easy.

BongoBob 11-09-2007 10:42 PM

Yeah, on expert it's an entirely different story, it took about 10 trys to beat it :dozey:

Negative Sun 11-10-2007 03:24 PM

Can't wait to get it, no fair it comes out in the states almost a month before Europe, f***ing EU censorship piece of motherf***ing poo!

Nalukai 11-10-2007 08:38 PM

expert was easy on the sightread on hyperspeed lvl 3. its getting your scores past that and FC'n songs and seeing what you can do on hyper5....

438K on metallica: one Hyperspeed 5 94% hit with 328 note streak best so far.........

580K on through the fire and flames 91% 423 note streak.( not on hyper 5 but hyper 3)

and quite whining about 3 chords........if you play coop the lead to the bret michaels song has 4 chord notes in it)

and oh BTW... IMPULSE is the best song in the game hands down.

just keep playing and youll get better at it........but it really isnt harder than GH2 with the new ho/po system: you can actually hit longer solo streaks with this system than the previous game.

btw i have every cheat code in the game if you want more pm me: but the hyper speed code is the same as gh2

OBOYOBOY you just have to strum it in the cheats menu. and its saved you dont have to enter it ever again you can choose between no hyperspeed or levels 1-5.

Negative Sun 11-10-2007 08:52 PM

^ Lack of properly placed punctuation marks followed by a lack of properly used capital letters make this the worst post in recent history...Congratulations, you may die ;)

BongoBob 11-10-2007 09:03 PM

It's called a shift key. You should try using it sometime.

Jeff 11-11-2007 01:40 AM

Well I returned my defective guitar for a new one. I beat easy and am stuck on the battle with Lou on medium, I've beaten all the other songs on medium. btw I've never had the previous versions so I'm not 1337 yet like some of you. :p Most of my medium songs are 4 or 3 stars. The difficulty goes up sooo much once you hit the last segment, and the battle with Lou is much harder than any of those songs I think.

BongoBob 11-11-2007 03:36 AM

You got it for the Wii right? How is it?

Jeff 11-11-2007 12:31 PM

Its pretty cool. You put the Wiimote in the guitar so supposedly that makes it a little heavier and realistic. Also the wiimote makes the missed note noise and it vibrates on star power. And someone with the PS2 version told me the graphics look a lot better on Wii (might have been because of my monitor though, and I dunno if GH supports 480p but i have my Wii on that mode). The only difference in the game I've found is the unlockables, for PS3 and Xbox you get God of Rock and Grim Reaper, for Wii and probably PS2 you get Elroy Budvis and Metalhead. Oh and the guitar faceplate is white instead of black.

But yeah I'm glad I got it, great fun so far. :D

TiE23 11-11-2007 02:54 PM

I see what you're doing there. Don't you think about it Bongo, spend $10 more and get the 360 version like you should. :p Better graphics, leader boards, and DLC if that means anything to you.

Pie™ 11-11-2007 03:19 PM

Clicky

Doesn't seem like getting it for Wii is a great idea...