LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Mental Minx's Off-Topic Party (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=677)
-   -   Most interesting game in 2008? ~Left 4 Dead~ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185076)

Lil Kis 01-06-2008 04:19 AM

Most interesting game in 2008? ~Left 4 Dead~
 
Well it's being made by the same devlopers that made The Orange Box, and Hal Life games...their called Valve....Now there is a trailer for it on The Orange Box game at the title screen...if you leave it there for a lil bit a trailer of Left 4 Dead will be on it....

Anyway this game sounds like it's gonna be great! It's online...gonna be like Resident Evil Outbreak but really nothin like how crappy Resident Evil Outbreak was....the creators said they were inspired by 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later....for this game....

just google Left 4 dead it's gonna be great!

Det. Bart Lasiter 01-06-2008 04:21 AM

no thank you

itchythesamurai 01-06-2008 04:54 AM

I'm waiting to play it before I cast an opinion, but Valve generally puts out a decent product.

zelda 41 01-06-2008 12:40 PM

googled it, sounds interresting.
might have to buy it when it comes out :)

Thrik 01-06-2008 01:21 PM

It's Valve so it'll probably be great considering their near 100% track record of 'awesome'. :)

itchythesamurai 01-09-2008 04:54 AM

Please Thrik, Orange Box is terrible. And I'm not just saying that because you've pwned me on TF2 while probably not even realizing it.

Thrik 01-09-2008 05:34 AM

Terrible? Terrible? What are you, some kind of craziness?

Well, I couldn't disagree more with that opinion. I also have these guys backing me up so clearly the Orange Box is in fact awesome.

King Dando 01-09-2008 06:17 AM

Oh man, I'm waaaaaaaay behind. I kind of gave up on Half Life 2, but only because I got totally sick of Steam. Maybe only having a 56k modem when I bought the game might of had something to do with it =/

Davinq 01-09-2008 09:16 PM

I think left for the dead would have been a more apt title, twisting the adage a bit to support the thinking of zombie thoughts.

Thrik 01-10-2008 05:14 AM

I think it's meant to have a double meaning. :o

Ray Jones 01-10-2008 09:00 AM

pirates of the 21st century or someting

JoeDoe 2.0 01-12-2008 03:31 PM

Still, COD 4 pwnz

Davinq 01-14-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrik
I think it's meant to have a double meaning. :o

The double meaning is more apparent if the title is modified.

Thrik 01-14-2008 01:49 PM

Well no, because "left for dead" is quite a common phrase and that's why they used it. The clever part is that in the context of the game it also has a second meaning, even though people who don't know anything about the game might not get it.

If the title were modified it'd be too obvious and lose its cleverness. ;) It's not intended to be obvious.

Davinq 01-14-2008 08:05 PM

Yeah, I see your point, but I had to defend myself to a certain degree, even if I wasn't quite believing what I was saying. Shouldn't I?

itchythesamurai 01-16-2008 12:03 AM

I was jess kiddin', Thrik! I love Orange Box and I am officially addicted to Team Fortress 2.

Halo_92 01-19-2008 05:56 PM

i am legend.

Davinq 01-21-2008 03:23 AM

u r mr gay.

JoeDoe 2.0 01-21-2008 05:09 PM

u r suicidy

Davinq 01-21-2008 11:13 PM

u not get reference

Halo_92 01-22-2008 04:41 PM

u r mr ballsack..



lololloololo

itchythesamurai 01-22-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo_92
mr ballsack..

I want to get a hairless sphynx kitty and name it that.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...%28Suki%29.jpg

Davinq 01-23-2008 11:40 PM

@Halo: u not get ref either

@itchy: How revolting, charming, perverse and... oddly arousing, simultaneously.

Halo_92 01-24-2008 12:08 AM

hahaha

Commander Obi-Wan 01-24-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davinq
u r mr gay.

Super mario galaxy?

Halo_92 01-24-2008 07:08 PM

you speak in codes too??!?

i see im not alone...

Davinq 01-25-2008 05:17 PM

No you twit, he got my reference.

itchythesamurai 01-26-2008 05:01 AM

I wish Davinq would let me list him as a reference. I'd get that job in no time.

Davinq 01-26-2008 03:55 PM

That would depend on the subject matter being referenced.

itchythesamurai 01-26-2008 05:12 PM

Would you mind saying that I'm a loyal hard-worker and a team-player?

Psychochaos3 01-26-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itchythesamurai
Please Thrik, Orange Box is terrible.

:(
Orange Box is awesome. Especially Portal.

Davinq 01-27-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itchythesamurai
Would you mind saying that I'm a loyal hard-worker and a team-player?

Would you mind me saying that you're a fascist anarchist?

itchythesamurai 01-27-2008 04:34 PM

Nah, that's fine. I need something that'll make me stick out from the other applicants. And Psychochaos, I was doing a poor job of being sarcastic, c'mon now.

Smon 02-05-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itchythesamurai
Please Thrik, Orange Box is terrible. And I'm not just saying that because you've pwned me on TF2 while probably not even realizing it.

...

...

...

...get the **** out of my internet right the **** now.

itchythesamurai 02-05-2008 01:50 AM

Smon, I was only joshing! Let's be Steam friends?

Smon 02-06-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itchythesamurai
Smon, I was only joshing! Let's be Steam friends?

...

...

...I got the 360 version...

itchythesamurai 02-06-2008 12:38 AM

Aww, one day they'll connect XBOX Live with the regular Internet.

Halo_92 02-09-2008 01:14 AM

Dude i will cherish that day.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.