LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Expanded Universe (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=442)
-   -   Whats your fave style of lightsaber? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185407)

bradpinder 01-17-2008 03:28 PM

Whats your fave style of lightsaber?

there are so many now, between the standerd, the dual, the tonfa, the whip... and probably some more I didnt mention. So whats your fave style? I think the dual one is the best.

JoeDoe 2.0 01-17-2008 03:44 PM

I think there's a thread about this...

But my favorite style is double wielding, too bad it costs me some defense points

adamqd 01-17-2008 05:20 PM

Single hilt, but it's gotta be Prestige style like Sidious or the Jedi from the KotOR comics, hints of gold and bronze.

http://galactic-voyage.com/Master%20...dious%20LE.gif

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/st...lightsaber.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/st...WKOTOR9-FC.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/st...lightsaber.jpg

Rev7 01-18-2008 07:45 PM

EH, I would probably have to say that single is my favorite. Close in second would have to be dual lightsabers. But what am I to say, I am no lightsaber wielder!! :p

-Rev

Marius Fett 01-19-2008 10:24 AM

Baah you can't go wrong with a single saber. Preferrably a red one...:D

M@RS 01-20-2008 07:21 PM

No double is the best. you can't go wrong with a nice double saber. :D

urluckyday 01-20-2008 08:58 PM

Green single bladed...coolest.

PoiuyWired 01-21-2008 06:31 AM

A nice variable length Red in one hand, a trusty blaster in the other, and a shotgun slugthrower tugged under the coat.

Oh don't forget the lightsaber spiked codpiece, the ULTIMATE WEAPON.

SilvanElf 01-21-2008 07:35 AM

Definately Double, green on one end too show my inner sanctity and red on the other to show my fury. Preferably Bastila or Maul Styled. :D

Miltiades 01-21-2008 08:33 AM

One in each hand, I think that's really cool. Colors: probably Orange and Crimson. A Cyan Single Bladed's a close second.

PoiuyWired 01-21-2008 11:32 PM

Anyone think of Red/Blue combo?

You hold it up your head and run really fast and people would think you are a cop car.

Serpentine Cougar 01-21-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Anyone think of Red/Blue combo?

You hold it up your head and run really fast and people would think you are a cop car.

LOL :lol:

I'd prefer double-bladed, like Darth Maul.

fascistcrusader 01-24-2008 06:35 PM

The Dooku style curved hilt.

Drynos 08-12-2008 06:07 AM

I'd prefer a single blade of blue, with a secondary lightsaber of the same color stashed across the lower part of the back, with an easy-removal harness, to allow the surprise of a second blade in single blade combat. Picture Anakin vs Dooku in the Clone Wars, then picture the look on Dooku's face when Anakin removes his hands later on. Dooku was able to easily defend when he OBVIOUSLY saw the 2nd lightsaber being tossed to Ani. Hidden Lightsaber for the win

liquidous_fleshbag 10-11-2008 10:00 AM

Me?

Personally I 'd prefer a double bladed lightsaber on my left hand, and another double bladed lightsaber on my right hand...

If it's possible.:xp:

TriggerGod 10-11-2008 12:09 PM

Its possible, unless when Shaak Ti fought the MagnaGuards in Clone Wars (the original cartoon, not the new one) was deemed uncanon. She held 2 of those MagnaGuard Stick things (I don't know the official name :()

Anyways, I have a list...
Dual Curved Sabers (ala Komari Vosa (or whatever her name was) and Asaaj Ventress), both with shades of either red or blue
Regular and shoto(short) saber, Green and Purple, respectively.
Dual Regular Sabers, both blue
Double Dual Phase Lightsaber (I think I just made that up. Its like a Super Double Lightsaber, but you have the chance to cut your body in half every time :xp:)

I'm unusual, aren't I? ::

Ultimate Vader 10-11-2008 12:25 PM

MagnaGuard Stick things? You mean electro staff?
I see that many people prefer double-bladed and dual. And they like unique color crystal and unique hilt, such as curved. Well, I prefer a single red lightsaber with hilt costumized for Djem So , with Djem So as my style and I get the biggest midi-chlorian count in the universe. With that, I can beat anyone, even if they have badass lightsaber. Simple but powerful. That's the point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerGod (Post 2537071)
Its possible, unless when Shaak Ti fought the MagnaGuards in Clone Wars (the original cartoon, not the new one) was deemed uncanon. She held 2 of those MagnaGuard Stick things (I don't know the official name :()

Anyways, I have a list...
Dual Curved Sabers (ala Komari Vosa (or whatever her name was) and Asaaj Ventress), both with shades of either red or blue
Regular and shoto(short) saber, Green and Purple, respectively.
Dual Regular Sabers, both blue
Double Dual Phase Lightsaber (I think I just made that up. Its like a Super Double Lightsaber, but you have the chance to cut your body in half every time :xp:)

I'm unusual, aren't I? ::

You can use Dual Double-bladed Lightsaber with good efficiency. Do you know Illidan in Warcraft III? He wields two moonblades. You can use his fighting style, but you have to shorten your lightsaber blade to make the fighting style effective. Also you need agility (and speed) training and reflex training to do that fighting style, just like a ninja :)

Pwnzor326 10-11-2008 06:13 PM

Double-bladed

GwannaSauna 10-31-2008 01:37 AM

Double-bladed
Dual sabers (Jar'Kai FTW!)
The traditional single style
Double-bladed lightwhip!!!! *makes whip crack sound*
Single hilt, backhand (Galen Marek style)
1 regular saber, one pint-sized-Yoda-like-Happy-Meal saber (you can't go wrong with that)
Or the Y-Shaped saber with three blades

IMO, the double-bladed lightsaber is cool because with a double-bladed you can always turn off one side of the lightsaber (evidence from Jedi Academy), so you can always surprise your opponent in combat ;)

Fredi 10-31-2008 06:28 PM

Red or Silver Single Blade lightsaber.

darthsallus 02-09-2009 10:54 PM

darth bane lightsaber

if anyone has any info on a darth bane saber im lookin to make one and in the books the hilt is curved and blade red but in the comics its straight and blade purple any info would be sweet

Will O' The Wisq 03-20-2009 06:04 PM

Zayne Carrick's Jedi Knight Saber

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?im...urvedsaber.jpg

Crush1800 04-26-2009 05:54 PM

I'd go double bladed with two extra attached to a belt.

All four blades red

K_Kinnison 05-03-2009 08:29 PM

I never understood the attraction to double bladed sabers. As a martial artist any Melee someone with reach is often going to have the advatage. But a "staff" saber makes no sense unless you can make the hilt invulerable to attacks, and lengthen it to about 2/3 of your hieght so you don't slice yourself when trying to reach your opponent. Otherwise you are dealing with a mainly defensive weapon.

A much better idea is a Duel wielding, or Dashido style with a Longblade about 3-4 feet in length as your main, and short blade 1 - 1/2 to 2 feet for close quarters fighting, or defense with your off hand. The "Massless" Lightsaber blade compliments with many asians styles of sword fighting.

But I sure would love to see a Wookiee Jedi using a "Claymore" lightsaber that is about 5 to 6 feet in length they are about the only ones that could pull off that style

Te Je'karta Mand'alor 05-06-2009 05:31 PM

there was no whip. it was a laser whip... nothing to do with lightsabers

Serpentine Cougar 05-10-2009 01:27 AM

Has there ever been a chakram lightsaber?

PoiuyWired 05-10-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Kinnison (Post 2620743)
I never understood the attraction to double bladed sabers. As a martial artist any Melee someone with reach is often going to have the advatage. But a "staff" saber makes no sense unless you can make the hilt invulerable to attacks, and lengthen it to about 2/3 of your hieght so you don't slice yourself when trying to reach your opponent. Otherwise you are dealing with a mainly defensive weapon.

A much better idea is a Duel wielding, or Dashido style with a Longblade about 3-4 feet in length as your main, and short blade 1 - 1/2 to 2 feet for close quarters fighting, or defense with your off hand. The "Massless" Lightsaber blade compliments with many asians styles of sword fighting.

But I sure would love to see a Wookiee Jedi using a "Claymore" lightsaber that is about 5 to 6 feet in length they are about the only ones that could pull off that style

Assume the blade of the lightsaber is extremely light, then there are many sensable possabilities.

1) A saber-with-a-staff is definitely a good design. Think of it as a polearm type of weapon. Obviously you can make the staff part resistant to saber cuts. On the side note, such long weapon means that you can add other entrapments on the other side, like a small physical vibroblade or a small blaster. As with RL long weaponary you may want a sidearm, like a short lblade(lightsaber or not) or at least some tough gauntlet for extra close range protection and combat. And then there is the idea of a collaspable staff/hilt idea... which would make extra short range effective.

2) Duel wield is well developed even RL. It doesn't have to be long and short blade either, two full length weapon is pretty ok too if you are nimble enough. Not spending time on this topic causer it is pretty much done to death already.

3) a Claymore style lightsaber is definitely possable. And really, just about any big jedi can use it effectively. Better idea would be having a variable length lightsaber, then you are all covered. On the flip side, a really fast and nimble little guy like yoda with a six footer would be deadly. Problem is that since nurman human martial arts would not cover those fields for obvious reasons so effectiveness can only be guessed.

Te Je'karta Mand'alor 05-27-2009 11:10 AM

i made a mistake... there is a laser whip, but the sith weapon is a coil whip.... nothing to do with lightsabers though

Prime 05-28-2009 09:50 AM

Single blade, blue preferably. As I've said before all those other ones are just gimics!

Demongo 05-28-2009 10:27 AM

A nice blue longsaber with Obi's Ep3 hilt

Darth Zavier 06-18-2009 12:54 AM

Doublesaber.

Pendergast 03-08-2010 07:55 PM

Lightsaber PIKE FERSURE!! Cyan unstable crystal dualed with a kind of lightsaber shild if there was one. haha

Alexrd 03-09-2010 06:23 AM

Lightsaber: Single
Style: Strong