LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Forum Help & Feedback Center (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Becoming a Moderator or Admin (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=187528)

Da_man 04-01-2008 12:55 AM

Becoming a Moderator or Admin
 
I was wondering how you become an admin or moderator, is it just having so many posts or what?

Det. Bart Lasiter 04-01-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_man
I was wondering how you become an admin or moderator, is it just having so many posts or what?

You have to track down Niner. It's like Where's Waldo only with an azn.

Da_man 04-01-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac7142
You have to track down Niner. It's like Where's Waldo only with an azn.

ah, i was just wondering.

EDIT: just got the joke when i posted, :D

Jae Onasi 04-01-2008 01:25 AM

Well, here's the thing. You have to have a minimum of 5200 posts, and/or time-in-forum of no less than 39 months. After that, your application gets sent to the central nominating committee, currently made up of tk102, Rogue Nine, El Sitherino, and me. At that point it gets tabled until the next biennial meeting.
spoiler:
However, it can be fast-tracked by sending me a lot of chocolate, money, or visits from the Chippendale's dancers.
. Once discussed, it is decided what task you then must do, including, but not limited to, keeping an ice sculpture frozen in Arizona in July, building a cheese statue from Romano cheese, or swimming the English Channel in November. After you successfully pass these tests, then your application is sent to the forum owners, where they cast incantations upon the papers to divine your true intent. If they like you, they might keep you. If not, you're banned forever. Applying for staff is not to be taken lightly here with that kind of risk.

Da_man 04-01-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
keeping an ice sculpture frozen in Arizona in July.

I live in AZ, and it gets to something around 110 degrees here. Maybe keeping in the fridge would help :D

Aslo what is the difference between a moderator and an admin?

Det. Bart Lasiter 04-01-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_man
I live in AZ, and it gets to something around 110 degrees here. Maybe keeping in the fridge would help :D

Aslo what is the difference between a moderator and an admin?

Italics.

Da_man 04-01-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac7142
Italics.

lol

JoeDoe 2.0 04-01-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_man
Aslo what is the difference between a moderator and an admin?

Mental Stability

El Sitherino 04-01-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoe 2.0
Mental Stability

From what I hear, the line is blurring.

Inyri 04-01-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino
From what I hear, the line is blurring.

Blurry line between a mod and an admin... wouldn't that be a supermod? ;)

Darth Xander 04-01-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Well, here's the thing. You have to have a minimum of 5200 posts, and/or time-in-forum of no less than 39 months. After that, your application gets sent to the central nominating committee, currently made up of tk102, Rogue Nine, El Sitherino, and me. At that point it gets tabled until the next biennial meeting.
spoiler:
However, it can be fast-tracked by sending me a lot of chocolate, money, or visits from the Chippendale's dancers.
. Once discussed, it is decided what task you then must do, including, but not limited to, keeping an ice sculpture frozen in Arizona in July, building a cheese statue from Romano cheese, or swimming the English Channel in November. After you successfully pass these tests, then your application is sent to the forum owners, where they cast incantations upon the papers to divine your true intent. If they like you, they might keep you. If not, you're banned forever. Applying for staff is not to be taken lightly here with that kind of risk.

*Pants* Done...Can I be an admin? ROFL

Jan Gaarni 04-01-2008 11:35 AM

Yeah, well, you have to have been a member for ahile and show that you are Mod material. After a while, you might be asked to moderate a certain part (most likely the part you frequent most and contribute to) of the forums.

Once a Moderator you again have to prove your worth for the next advancement which is Super Moderator, which is a global moderator.

Eventually you might be asked to launch a new site for a new LucasArts game, for instance, in which case you will earn the title of Admin.

This could take about 4-5 years to get thru all ranks depending on wether or not a new game from LucasArts gets launched that year, but if you hang in there you might attain it eventually. ;)



Happy First of Aprils Day! :D

JoeDoe 2.0 04-01-2008 11:45 AM

Do you guys have health coverage? Is the retirement plan good?

El Sitherino 04-01-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoe 2.0
Do you guys have health coverage? Is the retirement plan good?

If that's code for money and women, the answer is no.

Boba Rhett 04-01-2008 01:10 PM

Nobody mentioned the hazing.

Jacob Dakari 04-01-2008 01:36 PM

Also... you got to go through untold torture, being the source of their jokes, as well as who knows what other torture, like them stuffing your room with pink bunnies.

*Looks around the room* QUIT STARING AT ME WITH YOUR BIG EYES AND LISTENING IN WITH YOUR GIGANTIC PINK EARS!!!

Marius Fett 04-01-2008 03:14 PM

A user is not defined by their rank or position on the boards, but by the quality of the content of their posts. :)

Besides, have any of you guys SEEN a vBulletin Admin Panel?

SOOOOO MANY BUTTONS! :xp:

Darth333 04-01-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthDingDong
Besides, have any of you guys SEEN a vBulletin Admin Panel?

SOOOOO MANY BUTTONS! :xp:

Indeed! It's so easy to make a mistake and loose all the post counts, per example :o

Inyri 04-01-2008 03:23 PM

Yes I have seen a vB admin control panel. It's not that complex. Although I've seen some vB forum admins who'd like to make you think it is. :lol:

Rogue Nine 04-01-2008 03:27 PM

Personally, I'd rather be an Internet Superhero. :carms:

Ray Jones 04-01-2008 03:36 PM

you be one of the four best inter net zupa dupa phlay he roes this planet has ever seen, Nineztah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inyri
Yes I have seen a vB admin control panel. It's not that complex. Although I've seen some vB forum admins who'd like to make you think it is. :lol:

there's also a database behind it, and a server OS plus a diversity of stuff admins must handle as well ^^

Det. Bart Lasiter 04-01-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
Personally, I'd rather be an Internet Superhero. :carms:

Only the most elite of internet posters may be inducted into the ranks of the ISH. It's like the internet version of Skull and Bones.

Ray Jones 04-01-2008 03:40 PM

"Jmac is the uberhacks. He will be the saviour of the Internet."

TUM! TUUMMM!!! TUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

*whoosshhhh*

Marius Fett 04-01-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth333
Indeed! It's so easy to make a mistake and loose all the post counts, per example :o

Hmm... I know what you mean...

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...2007/vb333.jpg

That darn little box can be SO hard to keep track of... :xp:

Det. Bart Lasiter 04-01-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Jones
"Jmac is the uberhacks. He will be the saviour of the Internet."

TUM! TUUMMM!!! TUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

*whoosshhhh*

iknorite


hey rayston if i ever go to yale do you think being the saviour of the internet will get me into skull and bones? i hear they get free watches upon initiation.

Ray Jones 04-01-2008 04:08 PM

it will get you beatings from the greedy full of peenis envy in the 1st place

then, when they notice they cannot break you and that you are the überhack, they will give you every thing they have. sister, mother, money, cookies, their souls

Det. Bart Lasiter 04-01-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Jones
it will get you beatings from the greedy full of peenis envy in the 1st place

then, when they notice they cannot break you and that you are the überhack, they will give you every thing they have. sister, mother, money, cookies, their souls

lol rayston this is skull and bones we're talking about they don't have souls

Ray Jones 04-01-2008 04:19 PM

lol they will steal them from the devil to give them to you

Da_man 04-01-2008 04:54 PM

I think it's high timw someone :lock: this thread.

Det. Bart Lasiter 04-01-2008 05:15 PM

this happens is the greatest thread in the entire feedback forum. ever.


ever.

Pho3nix 04-01-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino
If that's code for money and women, the answer is no.

You forgot pot.

Darth Xander 04-01-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth333
Indeed! It's so easy to make a mistake and loose all the post counts, per example :o

Like setting everyone's post count to zero, spellnig ranks backwards and giving temporary custom ranks to lunatics. one heck of a mistake d3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.