LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Telos Tourist Bureau (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=575)
-   -   Mira in Visquis base (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=189378)

Revan.Ragnos.85 06-06-2008 02:53 AM

Mira in Visquis base
 
Does anybody else find this part slightly difficult? It is really just Mira versus the Ubese for a while, and they work her pretty good. Any tips on how to make her stronger for the fight? Sorry if this has been discussed before. I am playing TSL for the first time in a while, and I just remembered how much I did not like this part.

jonathan7 06-06-2008 07:51 AM

I tend to not bother fighting... I use stealth and sneak to get past the Ubese.... I let the Exile deal with them all.

You may also find this helpful; http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarsk...arrtunnels.php

JCarter426 06-06-2008 09:32 AM

I do the same. The Hanharr fight can be a bit tough, but after a couple of times you'll get better. As for the Ubese, I believe there are two that you have to fight. After that, level-up Mira once, give her a point in Stealth, equip a belt and sneak past the rest.

Gavroche 06-06-2008 10:18 AM

Well, it's sure a tough battle for Lost XP Raiders who won't level-up Mira.

But, even at level 10, with the Duel feats, she has enough defense and attack to take on Hanharr IMO. I think the mines in the arena drain his life down to 50%, after that I just engage him with a single melee weapon (the strongest I have, so usually a Gamorrean Axe) and spam regular attacks (I would love to use Critical Strike, but this feat lowers my defense by 5... Against Hanharr, that's suicide).

The key is NOT to give her an armor. Her jacket stops up to 5 melee damages, so usually, Kath Hounds and Ubese are powerless against that.

DAWUSS 06-06-2008 11:50 AM

Mando melee shields are priceless against Hanharr. If you lead the Kath Hounds on a chase, you can get the keycard and run out the door without much difficulty. Then you run like heck to the elevator and get the (afterlife location) out of there.

I don't level Mira up just so I can give her extra FP

Gurges-Ahter 06-06-2008 12:02 PM

During my play-through I just ran around with Mira and used ranged weapons. Hanharr wasn't too difficult and the kath-hounds were easy.

Revan.Ragnos.85 06-06-2008 12:15 PM

Yes the Kath Hounds usually aren't too much of a problem. And the fight with Hanharr is made much easier with Mando shields and running through the mines. And for some reason, I guess I just totally went stupid for a second, I did not even consider stealth after those first 2 Ubese. I usually do end up just running like hell and opening the door so that the Exile can come in and dominate the Ubese.

bally3000 08-06-2008 05:39 AM

lol i need to crank up the difficluty cause the mines killed him for me and the gaurds wwere easy with my two heavy blsters and rapid fire they stood no chance ahhh it was fun tho haha... but if you rush u ge getpast em lol just walk out of the arena and go straight through the first door turn left and open tht door an d there should be a panel on the wall just talk through tht n ur done. wooo lol sorry bout tht you probberly knew thhat =]. but after that i have had mira out in like every planet =] and shes a jedi for me to now wooooo!!

Burnseyy 08-06-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan7 (Post 2473875)
I tend to not bother fighting... I use stealth and sneak to get past the Ubese.... I let the Exile deal with them all.

You may also find this helpful; http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarsk...arrtunnels.php

Same, pretty much. I lay down some mines in the pit, open the doors and let the other bounty hunters chase me into them. If I have no mines, I just use stealth.

But either way, I never found it difficult. I just used a Gammorean axe, a shield and I was allll good.


What I found difficult was (the beginning of) Goto's yacht, especially if you don't pick the right people

bally3000 08-06-2008 07:02 AM

i not what cha' mean Burnsey i chose atton and mira and it took me a while to get the dam thing done lol=/ but when i got the exile bck it was easy =] and i used all my mines and med packs doing that lol.

Darth_Yuthura 08-06-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally3000 (Post 2505457)
i not what cha' mean Burnsey i chose atton and mira and it took me a while to get the dam thing done lol=/ but when i got the exile bck it was easy =] and i used all my mines and med packs doing that lol.

I had the same problem. I had Atton after only being a level 3 jedi... not many force points and a lightsaber with no upgrades. I HATED that level the first time around because those droids just kept shooting fire with no way to avoid the damage.

Before you go into the JJT with the Exile, equip a set of light armor with the regenerative underlay so you could recover health indefinitely if you must. If you don't want to upgrade Mira's level until she's a jedi, keep a powerful blaster available so she can take out enemies much quicker. Have melee shields protecting her at all times, or she'll die after only two hits. Hanhar also gets tougher the higher the Exile's level is.

Burnseyy 08-06-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2505661)
I had the same problem. I had Atton after only being a level 3 jedi... not many force points and a lightsaber with no upgrades. I HATED that level the first time around because those droids just kept shooting fire with no way to avoid the damage.

Before you go into the JJT with the Exile, equip a set of light armor with the regenerative underlay so you could recover health indefinitely if you must. If you don't want to upgrade Mira's level until she's a jedi, keep a powerful blaster available so she can take out enemies much quicker. Have melee shields protecting her at all times, or she'll die after only two hits. Hanhar also gets tougher the higher the Exile's level is.

I always used Mira and T3 on this. Mira because she has great blaster skills, and T3 because I'm a cheater who uses his electric shock arm ceaselessly. :D
Also, T3 doesnt use up medpacks, so I don't fall short.

Darth_Yuthura 08-06-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnseyy (Post 2505694)
I always used Mira and T3 on this. Mira because she has great blaster skills, and T3 because I'm a cheater who uses his electric shock arm ceaselessly. :D
Also, T3 doesnt use up medpacks, so I don't fall short.

I don't like leveling up Mira until she's a jedi. The more the game progresses, the harder the enemies become. I usually have a jedi tied with T3... because T3 can recover mines in less than a second... lots of mines and XP for that.

bally3000 08-06-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2505661)
. If you don't want to upgrade Mira's level until she's a jedi, keep a powerful blaster available so she can take out enemies much quicker.


I never thought of this cause she only levels up once when she becomes a jedi and she doesn't get any extra force points so u can only really choose one force power =/
thanks for that idea nxt time i do the game i will try that =]
. I Just used Atton because he suited narr shadaar lol!

Darth_Yuthura 08-06-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally3000 (Post 2505723)
I never thought of this cause she only levels up once when she becomes a jedi and she doesn't get any extra force points so u can only really choose one force power =/
thanks for that idea nxt time i do the game i will try that =]
. I Just used Atton because he suited narr shadaar lol!

If you turn off auto-level-up, Mira starts at level 4. If you play Nar Shadaa at a later point in the game, it would be much harder to defeat the enemies... because they level up with the Exile. This is an issue I had with Mira vs. Hanhar. I only level up once and if she's about to be killed... glad level ups restore all health.

Only thing is you'll have to keep from being hit, so stay out of melee range and use a blaster.

bally3000 08-07-2008 06:10 AM

what does hanharr get when u choose ghim cause mira can walk ovver mines and not detonate them and she also has an awsome wrist lancher. what does hanharr get?

HIGH ON PIE 14 08-08-2008 11:25 AM

Besides starting with uber high strength and constitution? I only got him once but Im pretty sure he get some wookie toughness feats that add to his strength, constitution, and damage. He gets something similar to the rage of sith maruader too. Mira still owns him on Malachor V though. :D

-HOP

Burnseyy 08-08-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 (Post 2506614)
Besides starting with uber high strength and constitution? I only got him once but Im pretty sure he get some wookie toughness feats that add to his strength, constitution, and damage. He gets something similar to the rage of sith maruader too. Mira still owns him on Malachor V though. :D

-HOP


Yeah but Hanhaar's just annoying.

"shadowlands, grunt grunt"

>_>

Darth_Yuthura 08-08-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally3000 (Post 2506007)
what does hanharr get when u choose ghim cause mira can walk ovver mines and not detonate them and she also has an awsome wrist lancher. what does hanharr get?

For one thing, you don't keep coming across those stupid explosive rockets. I just find them annoying because they take up valuable containers that could be filled with other goodies. Like Mira enough, but hate those rockets. The other projectiles are pretty nice, but don't show up as well and can't be used by any character other than her.

Burnseyy 08-08-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2506650)
For one thing, you don't keep coming across those stupid explosive rockets. I just find them annoying because they take up valuable containers that could be filled with other goodies.

I thought those rockets were useful. The amount of times I threw a grenade and it missed 'cause the opponent moved wasn't even funny!

bally3000 08-08-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnseyy (Post 2506656)
I thought those rockets were useful. The amount of times I threw a grenade and it missed 'cause the opponent moved wasn't even funny!

i agree it really anoys me when that happens atleast with mira they don't miss =] but i never use the rockets or darts i just tend to forget i have 'em and when i do think about using them the fights are to small =[ lol

but i have never used hanharr i have an evil caracter to get him now tho =]

Darth_Yuthura 08-08-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnseyy (Post 2506656)
I thought those rockets were useful. The amount of times I threw a grenade and it missed 'cause the opponent moved wasn't even funny!

I don't find grenades useful in TSL at any level. I find upgraded items more than make up for the limited damage a grenade or rocket does. I do like the Kyber darts, but they are expensive and never show up in the game. Those rockets are just cheap things that take up where a more valuable goodie would show up. If I could, I'd get rid of repair kits, medpacks, grenades, and rockets from the Random Items list for containers.

Burnseyy 08-08-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2506669)
I don't find grenades useful in TSL at any level. I find upgraded items more than make up for the limited damage a grenade or rocket does. I do like the Kyber darts, but they are expensive and never show up in the game. Those rockets are just cheap things that take up where a more valuable goodie would show up. If I could, I'd get rid of repair kits, medpacks, grenades, and rockets from the Random Items list for containers.

Not even the poison grenade? Or the adhesive one?
I usually used the rockets to deliver a finishing blow, when either my Force was depleted or I couldn't be bothered doing anything else lol

Achilles 08-08-2008 01:49 PM

Hmmm....I usually hit Hanharr with an adhesive grenade followed by 2 rounds of blaster fire (or frag grenades if you have xcom's grenade mod), then another adhesive, then 2 more frags. Repeat until Hanharr is nearly dead or Mira is out of suitable grenades. Then I rush over to where he is so that I'm not neck-deep in Kath hounds when Visquis opens that door.

Then I sneak about to wreck havoc on the Ubese because I'm an XP whore like that.

Revan.Ragnos.85 08-11-2008 12:43 AM

I, too am an XP whore. But I prefer killing the Ubese with the Exile.

Burnseyy 08-11-2008 12:47 AM

Psst.
I cheat.
I use stealth when I'm Mira, and go straight to Visquis when I'm the Exile...

I know, I'm terrible. :^:

Darth_Yuthura 08-11-2008 01:16 AM

I don't use stealth mode... if Mira has armor that heals her wounds, then I could blast every enemy with an upgraded Republic blaster or higher. I find it a greater challenge if I use her at level 6 and don't upgrade.

Burnseyy 08-11-2008 01:33 AM

Nar Shaddaa's usually the first or second planet I go to, so her level is usually low. I've memorised where to go now, so it only requires taking out... like, 7 bounty hunters, which isn't a problem with stealth and mines.

bally3000 08-11-2008 06:41 AM

always take them out with mira its more fun, and i love the callange and the aclomplishment when u kill 'em all =D. and i also get some good weapons from them like, i got my heavy mandalorian blaster and heavy blaster from them =] and i still use them now... well Mira uses 2 light sabers now but atton uses them.

HIGH ON PIE 14 08-11-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnseyy (Post 2508152)
Psst.
I cheat.
I use stealth when I'm Mira, and go straight to Visquis when I'm the Exile...

I know, I'm terrible. :^:

Yeah, I´ve fought and beat the ubese with Mira at level six, but I had saved up like 20 medpacks, which I used. A nice upgraded blaster is the way to go. Honestly, these days I just cheat my way through that part, can´t be bothered with it.

As Burnseyy said: I know, I´m terrible. :xp:

-HOP

Darth_Yuthura 08-11-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 (Post 2508411)
Yeah, Ive fought and beat the ubese with Mira at level six, but I had saved up like 20 medpacks, which I used. A nice upgraded blaster is the way to go. Honestly, these days I just cheat my way through that part, cant be bothered with it.

As Burnseyy said: I know, Im terrible. :xp:

-HOP

Just cheat if you'll waste your time doing things fairly. If you're going to go back and forth between the Ebon hawk and the Yavin Rodian to sell spikes, grenades, and medpacks... just use a ****** cheat for credits and spare yourself an hour!

Burnseyy 08-11-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2508413)
Just cheat if you'll waste your time doing things fairly. If you're going to go back and forth between the Ebon hawk and the Yavin Rodian to sell spikes, grenades, and medpacks... just use a ****** cheat for credits and spare yourself an hour!

Said like a true cheat!

:xp:

but yes, that part of the game, IS incredibly monotonous.

HIGH ON PIE 14 08-11-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2508413)
Just cheat if you'll waste your time doing things fairly. If you're going to go back and forth between the Ebon hawk and the Yavin Rodian to sell spikes, grenades, and medpacks... just use a ****** cheat for credits and spare yourself an hour!

Words of truth.

Hooray for cheating! :clap2:

-HOP

Darth_Yuthura 08-11-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnseyy (Post 2508415)
Said like a true cheat!

:xp:

but yes, that part of the game, IS incredibly monotonous.

That's why I do it. I don't use infinite credits cheats, but I don't go back and forth like that... it is a cheat in itself, but monotonous and boring.

Burnseyy 08-12-2008 08:22 AM

You can't get cheats for the xbox, though. So the long, monotonous ones have to suffice. I just don't cheat on the xbox version, unless it's quick and easy... like using stealth throughout one of the missions. :D

Darth_Yuthura 08-12-2008 08:37 AM

I like how they added the 'stealth run' feat. I absolutely favor that feat more than almost anything. Although I don't exactly need it, I'm glad I can go through any mission without having to fight. I often just go through and see what goodies there are. If they are terrible, I just reload the scene and go again w/out the need for violence.

Burnseyy 08-12-2008 09:14 AM

I prefer the slow stealth anyway - it seems more... stealthy.

Darth_Yuthura 08-12-2008 09:36 AM

Slow stealth makes thing go slower. I would prefer to take whatever advantage I can get. I don't even need stealth anymore, but when I do, I want to get from point a to point b as fast as possible. That's why I always use force speed.

HIGH ON PIE 14 08-12-2008 11:47 AM

Yeah, its nice to be able to be in stealth mode and not have to creep around like a snail. True slow stealth is more realistic, but hey if stealth run is quicker...Im all for it, especially on the whole Mira in the Jekk Jekk Tarr thing. I could level up an waste levels that could be jedi ones, use up numerous medpacks and precious time, but honestly I can think of other things I would rather be doing - so stealth run...:thumbsup: in my book.

-HOP

Sgt. Strike 08-12-2008 01:16 PM

Use stealth and mines on the Ubese. After they get hit with poison, etc., they tend to be real easy after a while. To get tons of mines for Mira, break down stuff to get stuff to make shields. Your best bet is the energy shields. Make a ton of those, sell them for mines or grenades. If grenades, then go to a lab station break a few down, create some mines. Lather, rinse, repeat. However, don't break down all the grenades, just a few to make a bunch of cheap mines. If you were on a pc, just use KSE to edit your game to include a lot of components, to make yourself a lot of mines. The more mines, the more you can damage them before they get to you. Just be sure you take on only what you can handle. Anyway, hitting them with mines will help, some. Especially poison mines, just before they attack you.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.