LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Ahto Spaceport Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=325)
-   -   Disgruntled LucasArts Employees Leak Upcoming Titles... (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=189394)

Boba Rhett 06-06-2008 04:19 PM

Disgruntled LucasArts Employees Leak Upcoming Titles...

Source

Alternate Source

The long and short of it is that LA fired some employees and the employees blabbed about their upcoming games which included the following:

- MMORPG KOTOR 3 project with BioWare

- Battlefront 3

- Another LEGO Indiana Jones

- Previously mentioned Indiana Jones game being developed for multi platforms.

- Star Wars Lightsaber game for the Nintendo Wii.

I believe I speak for most everyone when I say *** ******, LucasArts. *** **** you straight to hell. :carms:

Samuel Dravis 06-06-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boba Rhett (Post 2474083)
I believe I speak for most everyone when I say *** ******, LucasArts. *** **** you straight to hell. :carms:

QFT Rhett. :carms:

adamqd 06-06-2008 04:25 PM

BFIII cool, IJ meh, MMO... NO! The main thing about KotOR for me is the era and the RPG element, I love galaxies, but it's nothing compared to KotOR and if they give me KIII with 12 year olds using netspeak, naming themselves "bigone fok", and asking me to craft them mandalorian armor for free... I don't think I could take it

Gurges-Ahter 06-06-2008 04:26 PM

I can't read the source - the site is blocked at my work. Would it be an MMORPG? I've never played an MMO game before - would it drastically change the KotOR series thus far?

Inyri 06-06-2008 04:26 PM

:rofl: That's failsauce.

JCarter426 06-06-2008 04:32 PM

It sounds fake to me. Everything except the MMO and Battlefront 3 have already been announced. Sounds to me like they took already confirmed stuff, tacked on those two, and called it a story.

Miles Edgeworth 06-06-2008 04:38 PM

Sourced to something that's sourced to something that's sourced to something. :( Why didn't you get straight from the original source?

sekan 06-06-2008 04:39 PM

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I want KotOR 3 not a KotOR MMO!

*Run in to a wall and cries*

mimartin 06-06-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamqd (Post 2474089)
...if they give me KIII with 12 year olds using netspeak, naming themselves "bigone fok", and asking me to craft them mandalorian armor for free... I don't think I could take it

I’m not looking forward to 12,000 different forms of the name Revan walking around.

Revan1744: “I b th true 1 Revan.”
Revan151: “no me b true Revan”

I’ll pass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boba Rhett;2474083I believe I speak for most everyone when I say [i
*** ******[/i], LucasArts. *** **** you straight to hell. :carms:

Another disgruntled LucasArts fan?

Pho3nix 06-06-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

QFT.

Battlefront 3 wasn't a surprise though.

Shem 06-06-2008 05:03 PM

What will be interesting is seeing how LucasArts responds to this if they choose to respond at all.

Litofsky 06-06-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Completely. If KotOR is turned into an Online Game, the series will be completely ruined. Of course, it would be an interesting turn, but not for the better, in my opinion. I hope that this isn't true.

Achilles 06-06-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimartin (Post 2474105)
Iím not looking forward to 12,000 different forms of the name Revan walking around.

Maybe we could provoke the 12,000 different form of "Exile" into starting a war with the Revans. Hmmm...:bluidea:

Boba Rhett 06-06-2008 05:20 PM

Keeping with tradition their response will be molded along the lines of the following,

"In order to make Knights of the Old Republic III a full and engaging experience that would not limit gameplay to those select few fans lucky enough to own the $27,648 gaming rig that would surely be required to render the game as a single player rpg we have elected to take the game to a global community in the form of an MMO. We are so going to **** you and you're going to like it, KotOR fans. :wavey:"

Okay, that's maybe not exactly how they would word it but it's close enough.

Chevron 7 locke 06-06-2008 05:21 PM

Screw a KOTOR MMO

The reasons we loved the RPG KOTOR games...
1.they were MODDABLE! we could add things! we could fool around with skins
2. We could create our own characters that were for our eyes only. they were special to us
3. There was no way little noobs could come up to us asking for free things or for money or for help
4.because RPG's rule!

I will say it again
SCREW A KOTOR MMO DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcesious 06-06-2008 05:23 PM

Kotor 3 MMO!!!!???

Lucasarts;

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ious/fail0.jpg

*Leaves in utter disgust*

Chevron 7 locke 06-06-2008 05:25 PM

Right on Arcesious!!

Rachel_Ewok 06-06-2008 05:29 PM

Yesss, I heard about his dumb KOTOR, Galaxies style game a loong time ago... In another forum not so far away. :xp:

Yeah, I got my anger out there, I'm pretty upset.... I mean why waste time and money, when they could make an AMAZING KOTOR 3 game in the same vein of 1 & 2?

And when... I don't think many people would buy into that... I certainly wouldn't buy it, Galaxies was okay... But I think it was overrated... We certainly don't need KOTOR to become overrated like that.

And what if the programmers run out of time like our friends at Obsisdian? Then we'd have a bugged, terrible MMORGP!! @_@

Well 2 isn't terrible, but they should have fixed it... (Good thing we have that Team Gizka... :xp:)

STILL *BAD* idea. They should put their time and money into a beautiful, gorgeous, KOTOR 3 RPG... ^^

Gurges-Ahter 06-06-2008 05:32 PM

So let's pose the question this way:

Would you rather have KotOR III MMO, or no KoTOR III at all? I imagine the popular response will be "not at all", but I'll take something over nothing.

Rachel_Ewok 06-06-2008 05:34 PM

Ha, I just found this. Hopefully it'll lighten our sad moods. :)

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/03/29/

Oh and in response to the above comment:

If they cannot make a KOTOR 3 RPG like 1 and 2, they might as well not make one at all.

Boba Rhett 06-06-2008 05:34 PM

I refused a long time ago to ever pay monthly for a game and this will be no exception.

patient_zero 06-06-2008 05:56 PM

My inner skeptic is out. Both linked sources lead to Kotaku, which only have this posted as a "Rumour" from an anonymous e-mailler. Or it could be the inner optimistist thinking "Oh God not a KotOR MMO".

I prefer a game I can play at my own leisure. I don't have to worry about it costing me more the more I play it, so I'm gonna get far more replay out of a regular RPG where I can just put it in and play without having to worry about if it's "worth" topping up my subscription.

Though admittedly a KotOR MMORPG -could- be good if it was a mythical "cool people only" MMO, but even then my relationship with MMOs in general is tenuous and best.

Arcesious 06-06-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boba Rhett
I refused a long time ago to ever pay monthly for a game and this will be no exception.

I agree. Having to pay all that money that adds up to a huge crapload of money each year is total BS, a scam, and a ripoff. This raises the question- What does Mr.Lucas care about more? The incredible story of starwars, or the money?

I have to say, I probably did overreact to this a bit, but it gets my point across; what I said in my other post in this thread.

Inyri 06-06-2008 06:04 PM

Have you forgotten that not only do they have to pay a development team, but they also have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to upkeep the servers that are serving hundreds of thousands of players? A $15 monthly fee is not even close to unreasonable for a game like that -- if they didn't charge it they'd probably not be able to continue hosting the servers.

I won't pay $15 a month to play a game, but certainly not because I think it's unreasonable. I just don't feel like I would get $15 worth of fun each month out of a game that's going to cause me nothing but frustrations because (a) it won't have a plot, and (b) it will be full of a bunch of 11 year olds named something like Darth Joey hitting on my character because it has eBoobs.

Jason Skywalker 06-06-2008 06:11 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Rickroll?

I'll wait for LucasArts official statement.

Darth InSidious 06-06-2008 06:17 PM

KotOR 3 as an MMO will mean blood. LA's blood, leaking onto the floor in great puddles...

Hallucination 06-06-2008 06:18 PM

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that the nerd rage in this thread makes me lawl. Just like announcement of a KOTOR MMO would.

Also, I don't trust the first source, and the second one is even less trustworthy on the matter because it cites the first. o_Q

Jason Skywalker 06-06-2008 06:20 PM

LA would be better off just doing a Galaxies II than making K3 an MMO, assuming THIS is true.

K3 = MMO? No.
KOTOR time MMO? Nice idea but wouldn't play lol.

Inyri 06-06-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker (Post 2474174)
LA would be better off just doing a Galaxies II than making K3 an MMO

What do you think a K3 MMO would be? :p

I'm still not convinced, personally. It's failsauce any way you slice it, though, so I can't bring myself to care too much.

HerbieZ 06-06-2008 06:23 PM

Until i hear confirmation of each of these games individually, i refuse to form an opinion. It is still all rumours at the moment no matter what anyone says and we are already getting worked up about it.

Miltiades 06-06-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucination (Post 2474173)
Also, I don't trust the first source, and the second one is even less trustworthy on the matter because it cites the first. o_Q

This is the original source, and they're throwing with rumors. I don't believe it until LA confirms it.

Jason Skywalker 06-06-2008 06:26 PM

Just because it's called Galaxies doesn't mean it has multiple galaxies, ya' know? :xp:

Hallucination 06-06-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miltiades (Post 2474181)
This is the original source, and they're throwing with rumors. I don't believe it until LA confirms it.

Thanks, now that I know that it's all about a rumour it's even funnier. :D

EnderWiggin 06-06-2008 06:43 PM

But even if it is a rumor.... It's been the widespread opinion of fans that this Austin MMORPG would be in the KOTOR era for a while.

I would get it to try it out, but would quickly stop paying the monthly fee. No mods to keep my interest.

_EW_

I mean, we've known about the MMO for years.

Rev7 06-06-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

QFE.

I am sorry but that really stinks. No KotOR III for me. I would never pay to play and MMO, and I never will. I would rather buy the game once. I don't think that a KotOR III MMO will work. I think that it is a bad idea. :firemad:

Anyways, you captured my my thoughts...sorta....

El Sitherino 06-06-2008 07:04 PM

I like how I'm the only person that ingores other people that speak in game.

MMO's are easy, if you want to pretend it's single-player, you can. :D Just don't interact with other players. Plus, not every MMO is like WoW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcesious (Post 2474163)
What does Mr.Lucas care about more?

George Lucas doesn't actively run LucasArts, welcome to 1991

You all should probably get off your high-horses and smell reality. It can be quite refreshing.

Inyri 06-06-2008 07:09 PM

Hard to ignore it when you can't turn it off in many games. Guild Wars is nice in that you can shut off any branch of the chat you don't want to see/read. Plus it's instanced, so no need to interact with the sillies at all if you don't want to. :)

However I don't suspect any LA MMO would be 'nice' like that.

jonathan7 06-06-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Sitherino (Post 2474215)
You all should probably get off your high-horses and smell reality. It can be quite refreshing.

The air is fresher on my high-horse as I'm higher up.

To be honest if I had a choice of no KotOR 3 and a KotOR MMO, I would choose the latter, I could be tempted into online gaming, but play it single player style...

jawathehutt 06-06-2008 10:01 PM

i don no y ur all mad abot kotor mmo im gona b a soopr jedi sith wit my quadrupl lghtsbr nd pwn u all caus my mom sad i cod stay up to 93o on it if i do my hw lolololololololloloololoololooool then im gona play runscap nd pwn u haha im probly lik teh bst plyer evr. ny1 wnt there shields trimmd

But seriously, do they really think they can succeed where galaxies completely failed, when at least galaxies had more than just video game players who knew what it was about.

Hallucination 06-06-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev7 (Post 2474210)
I think that it is a bad idea. :firemad:

Boop. Bop. Bip.
Trust me, there's a market for a KOTOR MMO, and that makes it a good idea.