LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Holowan Laboratories (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   [WIP] K1 Enhancement Pack (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=189937)

SpaceAlex 06-26-2008 06:58 PM

K1 Enhancement Pack

UPDATE 26.2.2014

Hey everyone,

Sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long, but real life got in the way of things. I'll be honest with you guys and say that I've already decided some time ago not to release this mod. I'm not in a habit of releasing unfinished projects, and considering my current schedule and interests, finishing the mod was also out of the question (at least for the foreseeable future).

Anyhow, a lot of people have been wondering about what's happened to the project and if it's ever going to be finished. Not wanting to come up with any more empty promises and not even knowing myself if I'll ever get the chance to finish it, I've decided to ignore these questions. Not very nice, I know, but that seemed the most appropriate at the time. However, I've received more than one request in the past few weeks to release what's already done anyway. I wasn't keen on the idea at first, and I'm still not, but after careful consideration, I've decided to do just that.

So, let's see what we have:

1. The ReadMe:

Show spoiler

2. The Download Link

And that's pretty much it for now. If someone would actually like to continue this work, let me know, and I'll try to help the best I'm able. Do note that it's been a long time since I modded KotOR, so I may be a bit rusty. I can still provide a few pointers, though.

Hopefully, you guys will find some use for all of this. Thanks everyone for all of your support, encouragement, and most importantly, patience.

OLD POST:

This pack is made out of several different mods. Each mod is independent, and one is not required for the other to function properly. I won't list all of the mods here because there would be little point in doing so, since I have no screenshots or anything to show you. Instead I will only list the mods of which I have screenshots to show here. The mods are:

1. NPC Modification Pack (Pre-BETA Stage): This is the largest of the pack. The idea is basically to replace all of those awful looking low poly models with high poly ones, and give unique appearances to as many NPC's as possible. There will be more generic NPC heads aswel. Additionally, I'm also going to alter the behavior of some NPC's (for example, the miners on Tatooine will now actually leave for Achorhead once you've dealt with the Sand People instead of just standing there like retards).

The screen-shots can be viewed below or by following this link.

2. Party Members Mods (BETA Stage): As the name suggests, this one deals with party members. Each party member has had something added or modified. Most of my effort was put into Bastila :xp: (without going too much into detial, let's just say that the encounters with the Dark Side Bastila are now significantly different). Other party members mostly have more variants of their clothing (not replacements of what is already in game), and some other minor changes. Of special note is perhaps Juhani: I have fixed her side quest (no more will meeting up with Xor screw every other side quest that is based on spawns), her final speech on the Temple, and most of the errors in her global dialog (I know it has been done before, but what of it. :p).

3. Miscellaneous mods (BETA Stage): This consists of many different mods. What I'll be showing here is mostly armors. The other mods in the pack are a surprise. :D

SpaceAlex 06-26-2008 06:58 PM

NOTE: you can view screen-shot history here.

Screen-shots:

1. NPC Modification Pack:

1.1. Unique Appearances:

Humans:

Sunry:
Show spoiler

Nemo:
Show spoiler

Xor:
Show spoiler

Jon:
Show spoiler

Tanis:
Show spoiler

Matton, Eli:
Show spoiler

Belaya (head model altered by redrob41):
Show spoiler

Helena:
Show spoiler

Matales, Sandrals:
Show spoiler

Twi'leks:

Jedi Bolook:
Show spoiler

Vek:
Show spoiler

Griff:
Show spoiler

Komad:
Show spoiler

Deesra:
Show spoiler

Zeadra:
Show spoiler

SpaceAlex 06-26-2008 06:59 PM

Janice:
Show spoiler

Lena:
Show spoiler

Casandra:
Show spoiler

Rodians:

Adum, Gluupor, Mika, Hulas:
Show spoiler

Other:

Taris Duelists (Gerlon, Ice, Marl, Twitch, Bendak):
Show spoiler

1.2. Common NPC's:

Humans:

12 more generic heads (UPDATED!):
Show spoiler

Twi'leks:

Female Twi'leks:
Show spoiler

Male Twi'leks:
Show spoiler

Mandalorians:

Improved/New Mandalorian Appearances:
Show spoiler

Dark Jedi:

Dark Jedi Females:
Show spoiler

Dark Jedi Males:
Show spoiler

Sith Masters:
Show spoiler

1.3. Miscellaneous:

Taris:

Upper City:
Show spoiler

Lower City:
Show spoiler

Gangs:
Show spoiler

SpaceAlex 06-26-2008 07:02 PM

Dantooine:

Council, Courtyard (UPDATED!):
Show spoiler

Kashyyyk:

Docks, Wookie Village (Wookie skins and Czerka armor made by redrob41):
Show spoiler

Tatooine:

Anchorhead:
Show spoiler

Mannan:

Atho City (UPDATED!):
Show spoiler

1.4. Bonus Content:

Darth Malak:
Show spoiler

Darth Bandon:
Show spoiler

2. Party Members:

2.1. Bastila ("skin" texture by Chaniz.2da):

Light Side Bastila:
Show spoiler

Dark Side Bastila:
Show spoiler

3. Miscellaneous Mods:

3.1. PC Heads:

Fourth Caucasian Male head re-skins:
Show spoiler

First Caucasian Female head re-skin:
Show spoiler

3.2. Armors:

New & Improved Light and Medium Armors:
Show spoiler

New & Improved Heavy Armors:
Show spoiler

Jedi Knight/Master Robes:
Show spoiler

Giant Graffiti 06-26-2008 07:09 PM

Wow nice! :thumbsup: I'll be sure to get this when it comes out. I have a question, though. Do the models that are no longer low poly add to the load time?

EnderWiggin 06-27-2008 12:43 AM

Very nice, sir!

I will be paying close attention when these come out. Looks like it will be a permanent mod for my override folder.

_EW_

NightHammer 06-27-2008 01:17 AM

This has definately caught my interest. I'll have to give it a try when it comes out!:D

SpaceAlex 06-27-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited (Post 2484836)
Do the models that are no longer low poly add to the load time?

I don't see why they would (they don't for me anyway). Even KOTOR's high poly models are considered low by todays standards. The reason bioware used them was probably because of the Xbox limitations. Most PC's were able to handle the high poly ones back when KOTOR was released, so unless you've got a really old PC, I wouldn't worry.

Kainzorus Prime 06-27-2008 08:37 PM

I applaud you for creativeness and uniqueness of this project. Keep going.

JediMaster76 06-27-2008 09:11 PM

Wow! That custom Bolook is definitely one of the coolest custom Twi'leks I've seen in a while. I'm certainly going to be downloading this mod :D

P.S. Which NPC is Matton btw?

Ghost Down 06-28-2008 03:25 AM

Looks great, gonna download this for sure!

Istorian 06-28-2008 04:28 AM

Very nice work, Alex. :D

I'll defenitely use this mod! :xp:

P.S. I like modified Sunry amd Komad!! Keep it up!!

SpaceAlex 06-28-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

P.S. Which NPC is Matton btw?
The pilot on Kashyyyk who was "enslaved" by the merchant Eli. :D

Guys, I've made some major changes to all Female Twi'leks (their clothing in particular), and added an unique appearance for Sherruk. Check above for screenshots. You can find the URL linking to the old screenshots below the updated ones if you want to see the changes.

Giant Graffiti 06-28-2008 01:41 PM

Hmm... Sherruk looks a little too much like Bendak. I noticed you changed the decals on his chest, but the colors are pretty similar to Bendak.

SpaceAlex 06-28-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited (Post 2485678)
Hmm... Sherruk looks a little too much like Bendak. I noticed you changed the decals on his chest, but the colors are pretty similar to Bendak.

Now that you mention it, I'm seeing it too. Eh, it looked way different in Photoshop anyway. :D I might alter the texture a bit, though it might be just Dantooine's lightning. I'll have to check how Bendak looks on Taris.

EDIT: There, I've updated it. I think they look different enough now.

SpaceAlex 08-04-2008 03:04 PM

It's time for an update! Doesn't that just bring warmth into your hearts? :p Ahem, In any case, the posts reserved for screenshots have been updated with 4 new screens (Rodians, Mandalorians, Belaya). Check them out if you want, and, if you have the time, also tell me what you think of them. :D

TKA-001 08-04-2008 03:06 PM

This looks pretty badass.

sekan 08-04-2008 03:06 PM

Great work :thmbup1:

Lord Dagron 08-05-2008 08:51 AM

awesome work

Marius Fett 08-05-2008 09:14 AM

Some really nice skins there. Well done!

jonathan7 08-05-2008 09:21 AM

Absolutely awesome SA; very impressive work :)

I hope its out soon! I'm delaying my next play through of KotOR for it :xp:

Any plans for a K2 version?

SpaceAlex 08-05-2008 11:33 AM

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the enthusiasm. :D

Quote:

Any plans for a K2 version?
Yes, there are plans. Actually, the K2 version is already around 50% done, but I'm waiting for TSLRP before I finish it. There's no point in continuing my work now because I have to modify many on-enter scripts (thanks to OE's inability to name each creature utc file differently, and me refusing to modify module files :D), and I know TSLRP modifies many of those. I've been able to help myself with the source code they've released to the public, but I can't release the mod before they release theirs simply because using their version of the on-enter scripts could break the normal game. And I'm sure there are other compatibility issues in addition to the scripts.

Miltiades 08-05-2008 11:43 AM

Identical heads was one of the things that disturbed me about both games, so this is going to be a certain download for me. Matton looks like my Revan, though. :p

JCarter426 08-05-2008 12:06 PM

Wow, excellent work here. One of the things that annoys me most about each game is that you talk to the same guy a hundred bloody times in one game. Anyway, looking forward to this, and the K2 version as well. :)

SpaceAlex 08-05-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miltiades (Post 2505068)
Matton looks like my Revan, though. :p

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not much of a modeler, so I can't really do much about it. They don't look exactly the same (if you put them side by side, they will actually look different... from a distance :D), but they definitely look very similar. I've added some beard to the head, but I suppose it was not enough.

In any case, you can replace his head with someone else's, which you probably will do. I know I would, anyway. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCarter426 (Post 2505079)
Wow, excellent work here. One of the things that annoys me most about each game is that you talk to the same guy a hundred bloody times in one game. Anyway, looking forward to this, and the K2 version as well. :)

Yeah, that's the reason I started this mod in the first place. It really gets annoying after you play through the game a couple of times. It would be even better if I learned how to model, but I'm satisfied with the way things are currently... at least for now.

Miltiades 08-05-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAlex (Post 2505105)
In any case, you can replace his head with someone else's, which you probably will do. I know I would, anyway. :p

I probably will. :) In any case, great job and keep it up. Looking forward to this.

whatthehell 08-05-2008 01:55 PM

any plans on party members?

what i mean is, are you going to be making the party members more detailed/higher poly count?

zbyl2 08-05-2008 02:04 PM

But party member have unique head :xp: I can't see any good reason for making them new one.
Great job! I waiting for this, I'm sure it'll be in my override for ever... I mean to next reinstall :xp: Oh, and of course I can't wait for TSL version!

SpaceAlex 08-06-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatthehell (Post 2505125)
any plans on party members?

what i mean is, are you going to be making the party members more detailed/higher poly count?

I have something planned for them, but don't expect any major changes. I'll probably make some subtle changes to their head skins, but I want them to remain as true to the originals as possible.

BlazingPhoenix 08-07-2008 06:48 PM

Wow! These models look very nice.

maugomale 08-08-2008 09:14 PM

I have a little idea for your mod. Do you remember Xor, the twi'lek who wanted to enslave Juhani? If you do, you must also remember that he hates aliens. Now, why would he hate aliens if he himself is an alien?

I saw on Wookiepedia sometime ago that in the Xbox version of KotOR, Xor is a human, which makes a lot more sense.

How about changing Xor's head to that of a human?

SpaceAlex 08-09-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maugomale (Post 2506892)
I have a little idea for your mod. Do you remember Xor, the twi'lek who wanted to enslave Juhani? If you do, you must also remember that he hates aliens. Now, why would he hate aliens if he himself is an alien?

I saw on Wookiepedia sometime ago that in the Xbox version of KotOR, Xor is a human, which makes a lot more sense.

How about changing Xor's head to that of a human?

Yeah, In the Xbox version, he had one of those generic human heads that you see everywhere in the game. He was given an unique appearance in the PC version, but I'm not sure why they used a Twi'lek head for him. I really like the head (I think it fits him perfectly), but it's true that it doesn't make sense, since it is apparent from his dialog that he should be human. You could argue that he only hates Cathar, but he does tell your PC that you must also feel superior to other non-human species.

Anyway, even though it doesn't really bother me that much, I could replace his head if enough people want me to. Do you have any human head model in mind that you feel would be appropriate for someone like Xor?

Darth Xander 08-09-2008 09:35 AM

Not bad at all, incredible detail. Looking forward to the release.

~Xander

maugomale 08-09-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAlex (Post 2507097)
Yeah, In the Xbox version, he had one of those generic human heads that you see everywhere in the game. He was given an unique appearance in the PC version, but I'm not sure why they used a Twi'lek head for him. I really like the head (I think it fits him perfectly), but it's true that it doesn't make sense, since it is apparent from his dialog that he should be human. You could argue that he only hates Cathar, but he does tell your PC that you must also feel superior to other non-human species.

Anyway, even though it doesn't really bother me that much, I could replace his head if enough people want me to. Do you have any human head model in mind that you feel would be appropriate for someone like Xor?

Perhaps a reskin Mekel or Shaardan's head would fit well, as they are unique head models in the whole game, but I think Xor should look a little bit old, so perhaps a reskin of Jorak Uln's head could fit better. Maybe you should take some more suggestions and have a poll on the final decision.

nine.roses 08-09-2008 01:53 PM

Shaardan's head should be used for something at least - it's a very good head (anyone else think it looks like Sean Hayes? :xp:).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Shaardan1.JPG

How about a grey or white-haired reskin of Rickard Lusoff's head?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Rickard.jpg

SpaceAlex 08-09-2008 03:09 PM

Rickard's head is used on many NPC's in the game. He doesn't have an unique appearance. Just so you know. :p

Anyway, I'll try to think of something. Keep making suggestions.

nine.roses 08-09-2008 04:31 PM

You're correct. It's been a while since I played. Nevertheless, I think that particular commoner head is a good one to reskin. With some tattoos as well, maybe. :)

SpaceAlex 08-11-2008 02:00 PM

Ok, I've got a possible candidate for Xor. It's based on Brejik's head, which might not be the best choice, but since his head looks pretty sinister, I thought it would fit Xor.

Anyway, take a look:

Original Brejik's head:
Show spoiler

Xor:
Show spoiler

maugomale 08-11-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAlex (Post 2508424)
Ok, I've got a possible candidate for Xor. It's based on Brejik's head, which might not be the best choice, but since his head looks pretty sinister, I thought it would fit Xor.

Anyway, take a look:

Original Brejik's head:
Show spoiler

Xor:
Show spoiler

Wow! I like it! Looks really evil, and fits Xor nicely! I was thinking Shaardan's head would fit better, but this one looks great! Nice job Alex =D

SpaceAlex 08-11-2008 08:52 PM

Glad you like it! :D

I need some help with choosing the right face for Nemo and Marl. Both seem to fit on each, so I'm a little lost. Here are the faces:

I'm thinking the one with the beard would fit Marl better, but I'm not really sure.