LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Outlander Club (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=623)
-   -   Deus Ex (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=190337)

TriggerGod 07-12-2008 12:05 AM

Deus Ex
 
One of the frontier games. I played that a while ago, while digging through some games. It really had that FPA feel.
Lets discuss a great game and its predecessor :)

Trex 07-12-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerGod (Post 2492763)
Lets discuss a great game and its predecessor :)

Lets! :)

Clearly a brill game, and I definitely think it's predecessor is underrated.

DX1 was bigger, but I think I've played DX2 more often. There's a lot more replayability ; lots of different little subquests that can have interesting consequences later on.

Can't wait until DX3 next year, or...whenever it eventually comes out. The teaser trailer's online so hopefully it won't be that long.

Miltiades 07-12-2008 06:28 AM

With DX3 coming, I've made it my mission to find and play the first two, as I haven't before. I've now got Deus: Ex, but I still need to start playing...

TriggerGod 07-12-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miltiades (Post 2492841)
With DX3 coming, I've made it my mission to find and play the first two, as I haven't before. I've now got Deus: Ex, but I still need to start playing...

Trust me, you'll fall in love with it.

I've never personally got Invis. War, mainly because it didn't look like it would pay the original justice. But after reading about it many years later (as in last year :xp:) I felt like I should play it as well.

[OT]500th post! :D[/OT]

Boba Rhett 07-12-2008 02:20 PM

Gamestop just marked Deus Ex 2 down to $2.99 for Xbox if you haven't played it yet.

Samuel Dravis 07-13-2008 01:01 AM

I just played the original Deus Ex a few days ago. I really liked it! I feel it was at least as good as Half-Life 2, even with the graphics being much worse. The main problem I had with the game, in fact, was that it was too long... my finger started getting sore shooting so many things! :p

Thanks to the stoffe for the recommendation. She also made me get VtM: Bloodlines, so this just goes to show that if the stoffe recommends something, you won't be disappointed! :D

jawathehutt 07-13-2008 12:57 PM

I would rather cut off my fingers than try playing DX 2 ever again, I honestly dont think Ive ever seen a game crash more often at loading screens than actually load.
But thats ok since Deus Ex is good enough to make up for the complete and utter failure of its squeal even today.

TriggerGod 07-14-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawathehutt (Post 2493450)
I would rather cut off my fingers than try playing DX 2 ever again, I honestly dont think Ive ever seen a game crash more often at loading screens than actually load.
But thats ok since Deus Ex is good enough to make up for the complete and utter failure of its squeal even today.

Well, heres hoping that the E3 might reveal something _good_ for the DX series. Like that DX3.

DeadYorick 07-23-2008 01:59 AM

Deus Ex Invisible War was tragic. Even the prices speak for themselves. If a game has a sequel that is less expensive them itself, means that it is quite bad compared to the game. Deus Ex was a masterpiece of gameplay and storyline. Invisible war wasn't even half the game the original was. Not even 1/4th

stoffe 07-23-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RakataDark (Post 2498835)
Deus Ex Invisible War was tragic. Even the prices speak for themselves. If a game has a sequel that is less expensive them itself, means that it is quite bad compared to the game. Deus Ex was a masterpiece of gameplay and storyline. Invisible war wasn't even half the game the original was. Not even 1/4th

I still think DX:Invisible War was a fun game though, even if it wasn't nearly as good or polished as its predecessor. If you compare it on its own merits it wasn't a bad game. :)

DeadYorick 07-26-2008 04:29 PM

If only more people played the multiplayer for Deus Ex. Though the multiplayer itself is stricken with large amounts of lag. Plus it only has like 2 gameplays and 3 player skins.

jawathehutt 07-26-2008 04:51 PM

Whenever I go onto a normal multiplayer game, I usually get killed pretty much immediately because apparently every single player has god like aim with the sniper, plasma and gep gun.

Revan 411 08-30-2008 08:37 PM

I never played Deus Ex I, but I did play Deus Ex Invincible War, and I loved it.

It was a great FRPS/RPG/Action/Adventure type of game. I enjoyed it, played it for like 30 months, replayed it over and over again...

Seriously, AWESOME GAME! :D

Now, I just need to find Both I and II for PC...

Sabretooth 08-31-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revan 411 (Post 2518594)
I never played Deus Ex I, but I did play Deus Ex Invincible War, and I loved it.

It was a great FRPS/RPG/Action/Adventure type of game. I enjoyed it, played it for like 30 months, replayed it over and over again...

Seriously, AWESOME GAME! :D

30 MONTHS and you got the title wrong? :eyeraise:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.