LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Secret Apprentice's Logs (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=711)
-   -   Best Platform? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191141)

D_A 08-08-2008 10:29 PM

Best Platform?
 
I don't think I've seen a thread regarding this particular issue, but I wanted to know which platform would be better to buy the game on, graphics-wise. PS3 or Xbox360?

Please note, I'm interested in opinions only on these two platforms because they're all I play on.

Also, if this topic has been discussed previously, apologies.

Jacob Nion 08-08-2008 10:34 PM

Xbox 360

Ali1392 08-09-2008 04:39 AM

Their both the same

Da_Man_2423 08-09-2008 05:42 AM

I've heard that the PS3 has slightly better graphics (I only own a 360), but from everything I've seen, they look pretty much the same.

Jason Skywalker 08-09-2008 08:00 AM

It doesn't really matter since they're the same. Either is fine.

D_A 08-10-2008 12:30 AM

Hmm..well, ever since I playing Iron Man and Assassin's Creed on both Xbox360 and PS3, and finding out that the PS3 version had vastly inferior graphics on both games, I've been concerned about the quality of cross-platform games.

GTA4 was solid on both platforms, but given how much money they spent on development, that was only to be expected.

Well, hopefully the 360 demo that's coming out this month should placate me.

Ctrl Alt Del 08-10-2008 10:16 AM

Depends, really. If the 360 got anything coming as downloadable content that the PS3 doesn't, then perhaps it's best choice. However, as a matter of controller, I find Sixaxis to be better and much more comfortable.

Nicomon 08-10-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 (Post 2507044)
I've heard that the PS3 has slightly better graphics (I only own a 360), but from everything I've seen, they look pretty much the same.

I have seen some of the Comparsion videos, which compare the graphics between the Xbox and PS3, the difference however is so insignificant that it can barely be seen by the naked eye.

So, from my perspective, they're both equally good platforms and i can't wait to get my hands on the game. :)

Juno Eclipse 08-13-2008 11:53 PM

Dude the graphics are the same. You would have to be a droid like PROXY to see the difference it is soooo small.

Jeff 08-14-2008 12:11 AM

Yeah you should not be able to tell the difference between PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

Aku 08-14-2008 05:57 AM

The thing about PS3 for multiplatform games is that it requires more work to make it run as smooth as on 360.
PS3 development is, without a doubt, harder than 360 development. Blame the Cell CPU for that one xP

Assassin's Creed just has a lower framerate and this annoying filter that all PS3 games seem to have. It's not like someone increased the brightness on the monitor, but it looks brither in a different way. Not certain what it is, but it makes everything look worse imo xD


Anyway, I'm going for the 360 version. If you want something to help you decide between the two, I say Rumble and superior trigger buttons for 360 xD
(Unless you have a dualshock 3, in which case the 360 only wins for having better trigger buttons xD)

MacTavish 08-14-2008 10:04 AM

I have have played both many times and in my opinion they both have the same graphics capabilities, BUT the 360 runs a bit smoother at times and I'm very happy with the one I own.

Juno Eclipse 08-19-2008 09:37 PM

If it bugs you so much you could visit this site and check the difference for yourself.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/thefo...ed/index2.html

LordOfTheFish 08-19-2008 09:49 PM

360. Sony's cheap....

Ryazan 08-20-2008 04:35 PM

I'd say 360. Just watch out for the RROD.

Da_Man_2423 08-20-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryazan (Post 2513160)
I'd say 360. Just watch out for the RROD.

Have had mine for 2+ years, and no RROD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish
360. Sony's cheap....

How so? I don't own a PS3, but Sony's first two consoles have been kind to me.

Ryazan 08-20-2008 08:57 PM

The 360 version will probably sell better, but only because more people have it than the PS3 because of it's age and price. I, personally, am much more comfortable with the 360 controller over the PS3 controller. Not to mention 360 has achievements.

LordOfTheFish 08-20-2008 10:28 PM

Everyone knows Sony is a ripoff. Ever since there laser's crapped out on them...

fastfed 08-21-2008 12:22 AM

The 360>*

Xbox live is by far much better than the garbage PS3 has tried to do..

Mine sits and does nothing but collect DUST!

LordOfTheFish 08-21-2008 12:25 AM

And after sitting there for awhile, there laser breaks! That's why they are crap! C, A, R, P CRAP!

ApexAftermath 08-21-2008 12:33 AM

I will be firing up both the 360 and ps3 versions tomorrow on a nice HD display. I'm sure there won't be any difference but if there is I will be sure to let you guys know.

Ctrl Alt Del 08-22-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish (Post 2513339)
Everyone knows Sony is a ripoff.

Sure. Their latest console comes with the 3RL "nuisance", right?

Commander Obi-Wan 08-22-2008 02:57 PM

The only major difference between the two versions, I'd think, would be achievements for the 360. If you want to know what they are, click here.

Da_Man_2423 08-22-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan (Post 2514193)
The only major difference between the two versions, I'd think, would be achievements for the 360. If you want to know what they are, click here.

That would be correct. All the sites that list features for each console have been the same for both the 360 and PS3, from what I've read.

m3t4lh34d 08-23-2008 08:19 PM

its funny how all the guy wanted to know was which version of the game is better overall and all you get is crapbox360 fanboys bitching bout the sony console as opposed to actually giving relevant information on the game... its wierd how ps3 is now outselling 360 overall world wide in a lesser timeframe considering its apparently such a rubbish console lol.... each to their own but there's no need to be a fanboy about it LOL

Da_Man_2423 08-23-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3t4lh34d (Post 2514921)
its funny how all the guy wanted to know was which version of the game is better overall and all you get is crapbox360 fanboys bitching bout the sony console as opposed to actually giving relevant information on the game... its wierd how ps3 is now outselling 360 overall world wide in a lesser timeframe considering its apparently such a rubbish console lol.... each to their own but there's no need to be a fanboy about it LOL

Are you on crack? The 360 has outsold PS3 by more than 5 million units.

Source: VG Chartz.com

Where are you getting your info from?

M@RS 08-23-2008 09:16 PM

I agree, look it up before you post :disaprove

Tomak Ta-Zak 08-24-2008 12:29 AM

LOL I love all the fanboy bickering :D. I own both consoles and I much prefer the PS3. It's just preference, I mainly only play 360 for online with friends and now I don't even do that as much. I kinda wish I didn't get to the 360, I have used songs platform since it came out and haven't had an issue ever where as my X360 had the RROD twice. I just like the smooth Sony controls and easy network store and stuff. I'm sure the game will be identical on both consoles it's just a preference on controllers. Just mah 2 cents

Da_Man_2423 08-24-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomak Ta-Zak (Post 2515027)
LOL I love all the fanboy bickering :D. I own both consoles and I much prefer the PS3. It's just preference, I mainly only play 360 for online with friends and now I don't even do that as much. I kinda wish I didn't get to the 360, I have used songs platform since it came out and haven't had an issue ever where as my X360 had the RROD twice. I just like the smooth Sony controls and easy network store and stuff. I'm sure the game will be identical on both consoles it's just a preference on controllers. Just mah 2 cents

All right, this is probably a signal that we should get back on topic.

For those unaware what that was:

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_A
I wanted to know which platform would be better to buy the game on, graphics-wise. PS3 or Xbox360?

I can't speak out of experience for both, as I don't own a PS3, but the graphics look overall the same in most aspects. Again, I've heard that the PS3 has a slight advantage due to whatever is jammed in there, but it's nothing that will blow your mind compared to the 360.

Let's try to stick to that topic only, please.

Boba Rhett 08-24-2008 12:51 AM

Fanboy much, m3t4lh34d?

Da_Man_2423 08-24-2008 12:53 AM

I bet Boba did that on purpose, given my improv moderator job I just did a couple posts up. :lol:

m3t4lh34d 08-24-2008 11:50 AM

fanboy?!
 
considering i think both consoles are good in their own ways, i'm not a fanboy, i own both and i like both for different reasons, as for the sales, ps3 has outsold 360 in the first 18 month timeframe by alot, its only in total 360 still leads because they started way before sony, i don't see any difference between either console on this, i just find it funny how everyone starts moaning bout the ps3 as opposed to actually giving the guy their experience of the game on either console, :xp: ya fanboys need to grow up lol,

Boba Rhett 08-24-2008 12:22 PM

You're last post sure alluded to you being a fanboy. If you do not feel yourself one, perhaps you should make sure your posts don't sound like fanboy drivel.

Also, punctuation and capitalization are your dear friends. Please take advantage of them as it's proving hard for others to read your posts.

Great Scott! 08-24-2008 12:56 PM

I've gone through four Playstations and two Playstation 2s due to them breaking, and being a hardcore collector, I can honestly say I take care of my consoles very well. I've heard lots of complaints about Xboxes, but I'd sure as hell get a 360 before a PS3 after my previous experiences with Sony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aku (Post 2509979)
The thing about PS3 for multiplatform games is that it requires more work to make it run as smooth as on 360.
PS3 development is, without a doubt, harder than 360 development. Blame the Cell CPU for that one xP

That's not what the people making the Ghostbusters video game are saying.

Jacob Nion 08-24-2008 01:20 PM

Xbox 360

Hawwi Joshe 08-24-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Nion (Post 2515264)
Xbox 360

I agree, however I feel the gaming content may end up being slightly better on the Wii because of the 5 additional levels and duel mode. Although, I'm still a sucker for the different physics engines and graphics on the 360 :lol:

Lord Darth Vader 08-24-2008 05:03 PM

xbox 360

Great Scott! 08-24-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe (Post 2515301)
I agree, however I feel the gaming content may end up being slightly better on the Wii because of the 5 additional levels and duel mode. Although, I'm still a sucker for the different physics engines and graphics on the 360 :lol:

Oh sweet, I never heard that. Makes me happy I was gonna get the Wii version to begin with. :D

Hawwi Joshe 08-24-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Scott! (Post 2515423)
Oh sweet, I never heard that. Makes me happy I was gonna get the Wii version to begin with. :D

Ohh yeah, I will be getting the 360 version and my friend is getting the Wii version so I look forward to getting to try out the 5 additional levels and duel mode on the Wii.

Jacob Nion 08-24-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawwi Joshe (Post 2515301)
I agree, however I feel the gaming content may end up being slightly better on the Wii because of the 5 additional levels and duel mode. Although, I'm still a sucker for the different physics engines and graphics on the 360 :lol:

So you mentioned the 5 additional levels. I wonder if the 360 will ever get them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.