LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Mental Minx's Off-Topic Party (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=677)
-   -   So ya guys (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191733)

zelda 41 08-29-2008 06:15 AM

So ya guys
 
what ya doing over labor day?

I'm going to a family camping thing with my whole side of my dad's family. We're also doing a funeral on monday for my aunt who recently died. She was my favorite aunt. :(

TriggerGod 08-29-2008 12:56 PM

I'm doing what I did all summer long:
Be a bum.

DarthAve 08-29-2008 03:02 PM

Tonight - Mascoting
Tomarrow - Garage sale, APUSH work,
Sunday - Garage sale, church, APUSH work
Monday - County Fair

Litofsky 08-29-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelda 41 (Post 2517737)
what ya doing over labor day?

I'm going to a family camping thing with my whole side of my dad's family. We're also doing a funeral on monday for my aunt who recently died. She was my favorite aunt. :(

You have my condolences.

I, on the other hand, will be lazing about, and doing the loads of Chinese homework the teacher thought to assign.

EnderWiggin 08-29-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelda 41 (Post 2517737)
what ya doing over labor day?

If I'm lucky, not much. Family is supposed to get together on Sunday for dinner, but I might not go. I think I might help one of my friends get some music on her new phone on Monday. Otherwise, sleep & eat.

_EW_

Litofsky 08-29-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin (Post 2517902)
I think I might help one of my friends get some music on her new phone on Monday.

Sir, what is your definition of "get some music?" o_Q

EnderWiggin 08-29-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litofsky (Post 2517907)
Sir, what is your definition of "get some music?" o_Q

Move it from her iTunes onto her phone's memory.

But believe me, I have no qualms about obtaining it in other ways.

_EW_

Hallucination 08-29-2008 04:33 PM

Loathing that I have to go to school the next day.





But happy that my 24-30 hours/week work schedule is going down to 8-10. o_Q

Det. Bart Lasiter 08-29-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litofsky (Post 2517901)
You have my condolences.

I, on the other hand, will be lazing about, and doing the loads of Chinese homework the teacher thought to assign.

owned


now go memorize some characters if you learn 50 this weekend then there's only like 4950 to go!

Litofsky 08-29-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin (Post 2517910)
But believe me, I have no qualms about obtaining it in other ways.

_EW_

Will she have any qualms about obtaining it in said "other" ways?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac7142 (Post 2517913)
owned

now go memorize some characters if you learn 50 this weekend then there's only like 4950 to go!

Actually, there's something around 60,000 characters. You need about 3,000 to read the daily newspaper.

DarthAve 08-29-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litofsky (Post 2517955)
Actually, there's something around 60,000 characters. You need about 3,000 to read the daily newspaper.

My school offers Japanese. I would take it, but all the weeaboo's who like Naruto and Twilight take it. Cept my friend David, he's cool.

{GIR}medicTK421 08-29-2008 05:59 PM

wut im gonna do is TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ACTIVATE THEM DANG MODS I SAVED TO MY COMPUTER AND IF ANY 1 CAN HELP ME WITH THAT TELL ME NOW PLZ!

{GIR}medicTK421 08-29-2008 06:03 PM

oh and my Xfire is frezpvttk421 i need to make a new 1 and my nick name is
{GIR}medicTK421

DarthAve 08-29-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {GIR}medicTK421 (Post 2517965)
wut im gonna do is TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ACTIVATE THEM DANG MODS I SAVED TO MY COMPUTER AND IF ANY 1 CAN HELP ME WITH THAT TELL ME NOW PLZ!

Um...excuse me? Mods? PSYCHONAUTS PC HAS MODS WTFSWEET.

Det. Bart Lasiter 08-29-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litofsky (Post 2517955)
Will she have any qualms about obtaining it in said "other" ways?



Actually, there's something around 60,000 characters. You need about 3,000 to read the daily newspaper.

yeah but no one knows 60,000 characters because most of them aren't used and haven't been used in forever

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthAve (Post 2517961)
My school offers Japanese. I would take it, but all the weeaboo's who like Naruto and Twilight take it. Cept my friend David, he's cool.

it's a pretty cool language but it's also very different from english and learning kanji is a bitch to do as stated above

Samuel Dravis 08-29-2008 07:27 PM

I'll be working, sadly enough. The higher ups have changed the schedule starting this week, but they apparently don't know what "holidays" are.

Smon 08-29-2008 10:26 PM

I'll be reactivating my City of Heroes account again.

Or maybe download the trial again, I could use a change of pace from my Ill/Field Controller.

alliespixie 08-30-2008 01:06 AM

hmmm sleeping, crying, and coloring

Sabretooth 08-30-2008 07:56 AM

I will be juggling chainsaws at the local circus. Come see me. It will be worth your while.

EnderWiggin 08-30-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litofsky (Post 2517955)
Will she have any qualms about obtaining it in said "other" ways?

Not her call ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis (Post 2518017)
I'll be working, sadly enough. The higher ups have changed the schedule starting this week, but they apparently don't know what "holidays" are.

Teehee. Sucks for you. My girlfriend has to work Monday too. Which sucks for me. And not in the good way, either.

_EW_

DarthAve 08-30-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliespixie (Post 2518188)
hmmm sleeping, crying, and coloring

Crying. Tell your dad I'll kill him for raping you....

Lol, no garage sale this weekend. I went to the mall and tried on hot pink shutter shades (CHRISTMAS LIST ITEM NOW.) and bought clothes.

EnderWiggin 08-30-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthAve (Post 2518457)
Crying. Tell your dad I'll kill him for raping you....

whut

_EW_

DarthAve 08-30-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin (Post 2518458)
whut

_EW_

GIRLS CRYING = RAEP

DON'T YOU KNOW?

Litofsky 08-30-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthAve (Post 2518461)
GIRLS CRYING = RAEP

DON'T YOU KNOW?

How does Ave kno dis?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin (Post 2518436)
Not her call ;)

My girlfriend has to work Monday too. Which sucks for me. And not in the good way, either.

_EW_

I sense... I sense a disturbance.

alliespixie 08-31-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthAve (Post 2518461)
GIRLS CRYING = RAEP

DON'T YOU KNOW?

close but not close enough

Darth InSidious 08-31-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac7142 (Post 2517974)
yeah but no one knows 60,000 characters because most of them aren't used and haven't been used in forever

Most being different ways of writing the same things/combinations of other signs, at a guess?

DarthAve 08-31-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litofsky (Post 2518513)
How does Ave kno dis?

That's what my health teacher told me.

Det. Bart Lasiter 08-31-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth InSidious (Post 2518898)
Most being different ways of writing the same things/combinations of other signs, at a guess?

more sentence structure and stuff, objects, subjects and whatnot are marked with "particles", verbs are always at the end of a clause, verb/adjective conjugation comes into play a lot more (there's a special form for listing things instead of an "and" type word).

Darth InSidious 08-31-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac7142 (Post 2519005)
more sentence structure and stuff, objects, subjects and whatnot are marked with "particles", verbs are always at the end of a clause, verb/adjective conjugation comes into play a lot more (there's a special form for listing things instead of an "and" type word).

Agh, particles. I still have nightmares about them from my days learning Greek. >.> I can't imagine how much worse it must be with something like Chinese...

So the grammar is quite formalised?

Det. Bart Lasiter 08-31-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth InSidious (Post 2519016)
Agh, particles. I still have nightmares about them from my days learning Greek. >.> I can't imagine how much worse it must be with something like Chinese...

So the grammar is quite formalised?

imo moreso than in english but like in any other language people have managed to change things around and make it more difficult for those of us who aren't native speakers. also the particles are a lot simpler than kanji so writing them is a nice little break.


also i know japanese, not chinese, however japanese uses chinese characters plus two other sets of characters.

Litofsky 08-31-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth InSidious (Post 2519016)
Agh, particles. I still have nightmares about them from my days learning Greek. >.> I can't imagine how much worse it must be with something like Chinese...

So the grammar is quite formalised?

From what I can remember, my teachers always said/says, "Subject, Verb, Object" for the creation of any sentence.

But I could be wrong.

zelda 41 08-31-2008 10:45 PM

I have to get a root canal on Thursday.

Litofsky 08-31-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelda 41 (Post 2519129)
I have to get a root canal on Thursday.

Ouch. [/condolences]

zelda 41 08-31-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litofsky (Post 2519131)
Ouch. [/condolences]

Yeah.....
I hate cavities.

alliespixie 08-31-2008 11:07 PM

nice...i am usually out when they do stuff like that

zelda 41 08-31-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliespixie (Post 2519140)
nice...i am usually out when they do stuff like that

I hope they knock me out. :l

alliespixie 09-01-2008 01:48 AM

oh yeah...always best

Da_man 09-01-2008 01:52 AM

I have nothing to do, 'cept for some math homework. Depending on how annoying my bro is, I might go running. Other than that, I'll just sit on my couch.

alliespixie 09-01-2008 01:57 AM

lol nice...well right now there is a fight in my living with my brother and my mom at like 2 am

Da_man 09-01-2008 02:03 AM

Pfft...he woke me up at 6 AM after a late night of gaming by YELLING AND SCREAMING at people over Xbox Live on Halo 3. That led to the dogs barking. So now it's late, I'm kinda mad, and I can't fall asleep.



Anyways, if I can think of anything, I might just write a fanfic.

Dunno why. :giveup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.