LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Telos Tourist Bureau (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=575)
-   -   TSL - Dustil Onasi (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191872)

MajinMikeyX 09-02-2008 05:28 PM

TSL - Dustil Onasi
 
Anyone else here wish Dustil made his way into the final version of TSL? What I read about his role in it wasn't big, but it was really interesting and just...too bad they didn't even make the voiceovers for him for TSL so the TSLRP could restore that. But look at one of the corpses in the Tomb inside the Shyrack Caves, and you'll see a resemblance to Dustil in one of them

Revan 411 09-02-2008 06:51 PM

I agree. Dustil should have been in TSL. I actually like Dustil, I think he's cool.

Ctrl Alt Del 09-02-2008 07:13 PM

You don't need to wait for the TSLRP, though. There's already a mod that restores him on the game.

MajinMikeyX 09-02-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del (Post 2520253)
You don't need to wait for the TSLRP, though. There's already a mod that restores him on the game.

With Jason Marsden's voice? Dustil just isn't himself without Marsden doing the voiceover

Astor 09-02-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2520270)
With Jason Marsden's voice? Dustil just isn't himself without Marsden doing the voiceover

Anyone could record a voice-set that's just as whiny and annoying as Dustil was, and then put it in the game.

Giant Graffiti 09-02-2008 07:50 PM

Dustil is Atton Rand. Anyone who's played the game would know that. Sure, his backstory is different, but who's mouth does it come from? That's right, it’s Atton's. This explains quite a few things, namely; why the Twi'leks say he isn't Atton at all, why Dustil was "cut" from TSL, and why his backstory sounds like a half-truth of when Revan saves Dustil.** ;)

Astor 09-02-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited (Post 2520282)
Dustil is Atton Rand. Anyone who's played the game would know that. Sure, his backstory is different, but who's mouth does it come from? That's right, it’s Atton's. This explains quite a few things, namely; why the Twi'leks say he isn't Atton at all, why Dustil was "cut" from TSL, and why his backstory sounds like a half-truth of when Revan saves Dustil.** ;)


** Sorry if this sounds rude or mean-spirited, it really wasn't supposed to.


How have you come to such a conclusion? I certainly don't remember Atton ever saying he was Dustil - it's impossible for him to be Dustil - Dustil would have only been a young boy during the Mandalorian wars that Atton fought in.

Burnseyy 09-02-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited (Post 2520282)
Dustil is Atton Rand. Anyone who's played the game would know that. Sure, his backstory is different, but who's mouth does it come from? That's right, itís Atton's. This explains quite a few things, namely; why the Twi'leks say he isn't Atton at all, why Dustil was "cut" from TSL, and why his backstory sounds like a half-truth of when Revan saves Dustil.** ;)


** Sorry if this sounds rude or mean-spirited, it really wasn't supposed to.

Eh?
They're completely different people...

MajinMikeyX 09-02-2008 08:29 PM

wth, Atton sure as hell is NOT Dustil

Ztalker 09-03-2008 07:45 AM

Atton is way older...he has fought in the Jedi Civil War. When Dustil disappeared as a kid, remember? So unless Atton was a Sith murdere at the age of 9, I don't think so.

Anyways, the body in the 'hallucination caverns' on Korriban was supposed to be Dustil. They removed it and replaced it with a standard corpse. So, draw your conclusions...I think Dustil will appear in the next Kotor... :)

JCarter426 09-03-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2520308)
wth, Atton sure as hell is NOT Dustil

Seconded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ztalker (Post 2520523)
Anyways, the body in the 'hallucination caverns' on Korriban was supposed to be Dustil.

Actually, it's still Dustil. The sideburns give it away (it's always the burns). But they changed the name to "Jedi Corpse" and put a datapad saying that his name is Nebelish (or something), so it must be Dustil's long lost twin brother. Or a clone. Or maybe Carth cheated on his wife with her twin sister.

As for Dustil's original appearance in the game (as a crazed Jedi ranting about visions), I've always had this theory that he was actually just a vision himself, but it's just a theory.

Giant Graffiti 09-03-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine (Post 2520288)
I certainly don't remember Atton ever saying he was Dustil - it's impossible for him to be Dustil - Dustil would have only been a young boy during the Mandalorian wars that Atton fought in.

I certainly don't remember Kreia saying she was Kae.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ztalker (Post 2520523)
Atton is way older...he has fought in the Jedi Civil War.

He's the one who tells you he fought in the war, right? ;) The Twi'leks tell you this: "That one came to the smuggler's moon years into the Jedi Civil War, claimed he had been displaced by the war." The Jedi Civil War ends at the end of K1.

Astor 09-03-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited (Post 2520620)
I certainly don't remember Kreia saying she was Kae.

I never brought that up, but I see your point. It's still an unlikely theory though.

JCarter426 09-03-2008 04:38 PM

It's not just unlikely. They look nothing alike. They sound nothing alike. They have completely different personalities. And even if you buy into the "he lied about the war" theory (and there's no reason to), Atton is still too old. According to Mr Avellone Atton is between 29 and 32 years old; Dustil is at most 25 (around the time of K1), probably younger.

Astor 09-03-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCarter426 (Post 2520691)
Dustil is at most 25 (around the time of K1), probably younger.

I'd lean towards him being between 18 and 20. The character model looks pretty young, and he sounds pretty young, too.

Plus, I don't think that Carth is much older than about 40.

JCarter426 09-03-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine (Post 2520693)
I'd lean towards him being between 18 and 20. The character model looks pretty young, and he sounds pretty young, too.

I mean around the time of K2. ;) So that would make him at most 20 during K1. And he really could be as young as 16, which means Atton is anywhere between 4 and 11 years older than Dustil.

Oh, and Atton can't be Dustil, because he's clearly just Atris in disguise. :p

Astor 09-03-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCarter426 (Post 2520694)
I mean around the time of K2. ;) So that would make him at most 20 during K1. And he could be as young as 16.

Well, in K1 Carth does say 'he's probably a man by now' which would indicate he's only recently come of age around that time.

Plus, I think the 'Atton is Dutil' theory is plain silly. There's not even a shred of evidence for it (unlike the Kreia as Kae theory).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCarter426
Oh, and Atton can't be Dustil, because he's clearly just Atris in disguise. :p

:rofl:

Giant Graffiti 09-03-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCarter426 (Post 2520694)
Oh, and Atton can't be Dustil, because he's clearly just Atris in disguise.

No, no, you see Kreia who is Kae, has also disguised herself as Atris. Atris/Kreia disguised herself as Handmaiden and Carth disguised himself as Dustil and then Atton. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCarter426 (Post 2520691)
It's not just unlikely. They look nothing alike. They sound nothing alike. They have completely different personalities.

Just in case you couldn't tell, I don't believe a word I'm saying. :xp:

Zerimar Nyliram 09-03-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del (Post 2520253)
You don't need to wait for the TSLRP, though. There's already a mod that restores him on the game.

Yes, and the voice-over is terrible (no offense to whoever did it) and I have been asking for over a year now as to what files I'll need to delete in order to remove that portion of restored content from my game, but no one has ever gotten back to me on it.

As for me, I don't think what they had planned for Dustil was a good idea at all. He was redeemed to the light side in the canonical path from the first game and had a happy ending. I thought that what they planned to do with him in the sequel was, cheap, defeatist and stupid. I'm glad they took it out.

I do, however, like the idea that Dustil became a Jedi afterward. I consider that much to have really happened.

Giant Graffiti 09-03-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram (Post 2520840)
He was redeemed to the light side in the canonical path from the first game and had a happy ending.

Actually, it's just canon that Revan was LS, his choices are unknown.

Zerimar Nyliram 09-03-2008 09:03 PM

I follow Wookieepedia's line of thought in assuming that the player made all light side choices whenever possible. Plus the fact that he's a Jedi and all assumes that he did not stay with the Sith but converted to the light side.

But my point stands whether this side quest was completed or not. It's a very cheap and cruel thing to do to such a character. And I don't even mean in-universe cruel, I mean cruel from a literary aspect. It's poor writing and it was scrapped for the better, in my opinion.

TKA-001 09-03-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

As for me, I don't think what they had planned for Dustil was a good idea at all. He was redeemed to the light side in the canonical path from the first game and had a happy ending. I thought that what they planned to do with him in the sequel was, cheap, defeatist and stupid. I'm glad they took it out.
I liked the idea of seeing Dustil lose his mind and eventually get killed by the player (so much that I wrote a fan fic that included that part of the game). Maybe I liked it because because how malevolent the whole situation is works with the rest of the game. On the other hand, it's probably because any storyline that involves Carth or another member of his family feeling pain is a good storyline in my book. I prefer to go with both.

Quote:

I do, however, like the idea that Dustil became a Jedi afterward. I consider that much to have really happened.
Oh, that's original.

MajinMikeyX 09-12-2008 03:42 AM

omg, these things with Dustil and Atton being Atris in disguise is just... people must be on an acidtrip to think those things... but I think it could've been good in the game, maybe tweaked a little bit. Since KotOR 2 has such a dark feel to it, I think The Dustil stuff would've fit in nicely.

Endorenna 09-12-2008 04:37 PM

Nah...I hate Dustil. He's just annoying. I much prefer a random Jedi corpse.

Rabish Bini 09-13-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endorenna (Post 2524288)
Nah...I hate Dustil. He's just annoying. I much prefer a random Jedi corpse.

Agreed, he was a loser and whiny as, almost as much as his father.

Endorenna 09-18-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabish Bini (Post 2524443)
Agreed, he was a loser and whiny as, almost as much as his father.

Yes! Another Carth Hater! :clap2:

Rabish Bini 09-19-2008 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endorenna (Post 2526237)
Yes! Another Carth Hater! :clap2:

"Hater" is an understatement, there's no word in the English language which can describe my hate for him, he's a horrible, fairly generic piece of trash.

Yar-El 09-19-2008 04:30 PM

Who is Dustil? Who is Kae? What is a TSLRP? :eyeraise:

Giant Graffiti 09-19-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yar-El (Post 2526903)
Who is Dustil? Who is Kae? What is a TSLRP? :eyeraise:

You better be joking...

Yar-El 09-19-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiygasUnlimited (Post 2526943)
You better be joking...

I just found the answer for Dustil, but I haven't found one for Kae or TSLRP.

Blix 09-19-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yar-El (Post 2526948)
I just found the answer for Dustil, but I haven't found one for Kae or TSLRP.

"Arren Kae" was supposedly one of Revan's masters at one point iirc. And TSLRP = The Sith Lords Restoration Project.

Yar-El 09-19-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Sharrak (Post 2526952)
"Arren Kae" was supposedly one of Revan's masters at one point iirc. And TSLRP = The Sith Lords Restoration Project.

:eyemouth: HOLY HENNA!
I just plugged the name you gave me into Verizon's search engine. How did I miss something so massive. They even have some fixes. :D
:drop2:

Giant Graffiti 09-19-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Sharrak (Post 2526952)
"Arren Kae" was supposedly one of Revan's masters at one point.

Kae was also Handmaiden's mother.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.