Show Me Your Best Mods!
I'm gonna reinstall KotOR 2 in a bit, which will make for my third playthrough. I must admit that what makes the game terribly boring for me is the utter dullness and blandness of it all. So I ask you this:
Show me all the mods this community has made that are worth their salt. I'll take anything: skins, mods, anything. It just has to make the game more fun/different, but not significantly change the game's storyline or anything. I still want to play KotOR 2. ;)
There's alot of great mods out there to check out. For what you're looking for though, you should check out The KOTOR and TSL Top Mod Picks by Year. Thats pretty much where you're going to find the mods the community has released that are widely embraced and found to be the most desired. Also KOTOR Files has the top mods downloaded section near the top that is a great resource for finding whats the most in demand for released mods.
Personally for TSL I recommend some of the restored content as it adds some flavor to the game. The Ultimate Saber Mod is nice to spice up the weaponry amongst other things, and M4-78 is an excellent addition to extend your playthrough. Besides all that, without just throwing a giant list of mods at ya, its hard to say whats good and bad for TSL. Those are the ones I'd say are excellent to acquire, but guess we'll see what the rest of the community says.
Instead of looking for individual mods, I look at authors. If there are mods that you've liked in the past, go to that author's site or their page on Kfiles and then peruse their collection.
I find this weeds out a lot of the more basic mods and makes the search easier.
AS THEE WISHEST SABRE.
I usually playthrough with some mixture of the following:
1. Coruscant Jedi Temple by deathdisco
2. Ultimate Sabre Mod by Chainz.2da, T7Nowhere, Darth333, Seprithro and svösh.
3. Suvam Tan by EnderWiggin (Be warned, this mod does cause a bug on Nar Shadaa - but if you consult the release thread, you should find the solution there.)
4. Final Touch by oldflash
5. Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection by Chainz.2da (Be sure to read the readme very carefully)
6. Darksword by Chainz.2da
7. Multi-Stim by Chainz.2da
8. Bao-Dur's Charged Armour by Chainz.2da
9. Learning the Ways of the Force by Darth333
10. Recruitable Dustil by Princess Artemis & Jiara; 1.5 patch
11. Stoffe's High-Level Force Powers, 2.1 patch/update
12. Onderon Museum Upgrade by Mono_Giganto
13. The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium by The Source
14. Force Flame Powers by Clydeski (PM me with your email if you want)
15. Force Zeal by stoffe (available from the stoffe's website)
16. Combat Simulation Arena v4.0 by stoffe
17. Improved Atris v1.0 by Nur Ab Sal (PM me again)
18. Force Meditation by stoffe (Available from the stoffe's website)
19. Illusion Fight by stoffe (Available from the stoffe's website)
20. Unofficial Dialogue Patch by Achilles (Should be available for download below point 5 at the start)
21. Carth New Ages by Princess Artemis (Should be avialable towards the bottom of the page, IIRC)
22. Impulse Crystal by Shimaon (PM me)
23. Enlightenment/Corruption Robes by SithRevan
24. Maverick187 and RedHawke's Prestige Class Item Pack
25. http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?...ix by Karstedt
26. The Mandalorian Knights by The Source
27. Prologue, Peragus and Harbinger Issue Correction Mod by Ulic
28. KotOR 2 Armor Metastasis by 90SK/Skye
29. Tomb of Azgath N'Dul (v2.0) by me; 2.1 patch
30. Darth Vader - AVol (PM me)
31. "Fork" Short Lightsabres - oldflash and me
32. Concept Loading Screens by me
Other mods I'd recommend giving a whirl:
1. Nar Shadaa Skybox by Sharen_Thrawn
2. M4-78 by Darth Stoney; Movies fix; 1.1a Patch USM compatibility fix
3. Bao-Dur wears Jedi Robes by Shem
4. 90SK's Super Content Mod
5. Lightsaber Parts Icon Fix by DrGhent
6. MrMarb's Weapon Finesse Icon Fix
7. TSL Improved Loading Screens by SpaceAlex
So there you have a fairly long list of mods to peruse. I'd also recommend checking out some of the authors' work other than what's listed here, and also to check out the work of some of the other authors I've not mentioned, like Prime, Inyri, T7, etc.
Enjoy, and if you have any problems don't forget to come and ask for help (preferably with some detailed explanation of the problems, though I know we don't need to tell you that. :p )
*Bows in reverence*
And so it has been answered. This should probably make my day, though if anyone knows anything else I should be having, post it up. I need my game pimped out.
A couple of others I use -
Influence & Party XP Fix v1.2 by HouseOfAmon & Lit Ridl (part of the HOA Mod Pack)
Realistic Visual Effects by Shem
Imperial Stormtroopers by Prime (he also has Clone Troopers if you prefer)
Mira-Hanharr Choice by Tupac Amaru
Non-Plastic Aliens by T7nowhere
Less Annoying Workbenches by Achilles
I'll add Achilles Game Balance Mod. PM me if you want it.
I personally recomend RedHawkes mods:
I use Sciamanos heads witch includes Aalya Secura, Anikin Skywalker, Grevious, Ben kenobi and others (pm me if you want)and i use Force Fasion
i dont use many k2 mods
MY little list that i usually play
905K's super mod I love it! It adds so many new and wonderful things(weapons)
Automatic 100 influence with all party members.
Bounty hunter pack
Mira bounty hunter pack
and to top it all off. various reskins that suit my fancy(achilles mira makeover, Visas marr black/grey rob, and a few others that i forgot)
Just my personel opinion but they are my personel favorites
I have a few mods that I left off the list that we're lost that you might like. Only two though...
The Veridian Echo mod
And the Movie Sabers mod (along with Kyle Katarn's Rahm saber)
PM me if you want them
There's also the fixes Team Gizka originally put up while we were waiting for TSLRP to come out, but have now mostly removed (not sure why they did that, considering they are taking a gazillion years with TSLRP). They still have a couple up here though - http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html
I have all the ones they no longer make available. Send me a PM if you want them and I'll email them to you.
Dxun Equation Puzzle Fix
Escaped Criminals Quest Fix
Fuel For Telos Quest Fix
Handmaiden Training Cutscene Fix
Hidden Compartment Fix
Jedi Master Rendezvous Fix
Mira Spacesuit Fix
Skippable Mebla Dialogue Fix
Starport Visa Trade Fix
Telos Academy Imprisonment Cutscene Fix
Visas Teaches Force Sight Fix
EDIT: Oh, and don't forget the official HQ media patches - http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_kotor2_downloads.html (although I probably wouldn't bother with the HQ movie patch if you don't have a monitor with a native res of either 1600x1200 or 1680x1050)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2015 - All rights reserved.