LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Mississippi (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=719)
-   -   What's Your Favourite Musical? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=192813)

Stream 10-08-2008 05:33 AM

What's Your Favourite Musical?
 
For me it would have to be Starlight Express closely followed by Hairspray, the sight of Michael Ball in drag is one of a kind.

--Stream

Inyri 10-08-2008 05:35 AM

Wicked, hands down. Although I did like Beauty and the Beast.

Frankly I'm really more of an opera person, though.

ChAiNz.2da 10-08-2008 05:49 AM

probably Jesus Christ Superstar, however I'm a fan of musicals (oddly enough) :xp:

Grease!, Little Shop of Horrors and of course Les Miserables are high on the list.

Cats? ..meh, I don't 'get it' why it's so popular.. a snoozer for me.

(And though it's not "quite" a true musical per se, the Rocky Horror Picture Show is a personal fav.)

Marius Fett 10-08-2008 04:00 PM

As ChAiNz said, Le Mis and Little Shop of horrors are great. (Agree about Cats being crap too)

Another one I like, is Oklahoma.

Astor 10-12-2008 05:57 PM

Never seen We Will Rock You, Marius? It's an awesome tribute.

How come no-one's mentioned The Producers?

Commander Obi-Wan 10-13-2008 02:26 AM

I've only seen a few, and Sweeney Todd (the movie) is the only one I've seen recently. I enjoyed it.

JoeDoe 2.0 10-13-2008 02:36 AM

Does Dr. Horrible's sing along show count?

jrrtoken 10-13-2008 08:05 AM

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

'Nuff said.

[/thread]

Marius Fett 10-13-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine (Post 2537703)
Never seen We Will Rock You, Marius? It's an awesome tribute.

How come no-one's mentioned The Producers?

Nope, never really fancied it.

I'm going too see Queen tommorrow night though. :p

Time to see for myself how good/bad Paul Rodgers really is. :lol:

Astor 10-13-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius Fett (Post 2538025)
Nope, never really fancied it.

I'd recommend it to anyone - not just Queen fans.

Quote:

I'm going too see Queen tommorrow night though. :p

Time to see for myself how good/bad Paul Rodgers really is. :lol:
Apparently, it's good, but it's just not the same without Freddie.

ChAiNz.2da 10-13-2008 04:29 PM

Has anyone seen MAMMA MIA!?
Looks interesting.. and well.. I'm an ABBA fan ;)

Astor 10-13-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da (Post 2538165)
Has anyone seen MAMMA MIA!?
Looks interesting.. and well.. I'm an ABBA fan ;)

Aren't we all? :p

I keep thinking about seeing it, but i'll wait till it's on DVD - that way i'm not the only male, and not the only person under 40 in the cinema.

Not that i'm saying anything about your age, Chainz... ;)

Stream 10-13-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da (Post 2538165)
Has anyone seen MAMMA MIA!?
Looks interesting.. and well.. I'm an ABBA fan ;)


Not yet, we were going to take the staff at work to see the movie version but never got around but no we're thinking of taking them to London to see the proper musical when we finish for Christmas.

--Stream

ChAiNz.2da 10-13-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine (Post 2538167)
Aren't we all? :p

:thumbsup: Right Answer! hehehe.. you make a good point..

Quote:

I keep thinking about seeing it, but i'll wait till it's on DVD - that way i'm not the only male, and not the only person under 40 in the cinema.
hmmm.. yet another good point. I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Quote:

Not that i'm saying anything about your age, Chainz... ;)
:golfclap: good show. 2 fine points AND a 'drive by' pot-shot at my geezer-ness :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stream (Post 2538169)
Not yet, we were going to take the staff at work to see the movie version but never got around but no we're thinking of taking them to London to see the proper musical when we finish for Christmas.

wow. That sounds awesome. Can I come? (I keed) :D

Astor 10-13-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da (Post 2538170)
:golfclap: good show. 2 fine points AND a 'drive by' pot-shot at my geezer-ness :lol:

Awesome! Level 7! :lol:

Some more that should be mentioned at least, if only for their impact on many of our childhoods:

Mary Poppins (No, Dick, not the Accent!)
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - it flies, it floats, it beats up Germans!
Sound of Music - who doesn't love it?

And of course, Sweet Charity, which also contains this song: The Rhythm of Life - it's not just the Guinness ad song, to those Brits out there!

And of course, Fiddler on the Roof - Topol's film portrayal of Tevye is just amazing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.