LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=613)
-   -   Post your AI (Artificial Idiot) moments here! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193606)

GwannaSauna 11-06-2008 02:41 AM

Post your AI (Artificial Idiot) moments here!
 
Post your stupid AI moments here! Anything! Did a Dark trooper shoot a fellow friend when he meant to shoot the enemy in front of him? Did a pilot droid do an accidental suicide run? Post it here!


Pour moi...:
- Once I was playing on Death Star: ??? and I destroyed the bridge that leads to the main beam room. My comrades continued to run off the edge instead of taking the elevator ;)

LordOfTheFish 11-06-2008 10:24 PM

When I first found the garbage shoot I thought I mite try being in it when it closed... Didn't work.

Bokken 11-07-2008 12:13 AM

Erm...how is that an AI moment?
I'm not entirely sure that their idiocy is artificial...I think it's genuine.

Chevron 7 locke 12-03-2008 11:32 PM

I destroyed the bridge on the death star and ran off it nearly five times by accident. i just kept forgetting that i shot the bridge

Bokken 12-04-2008 12:21 PM

That's not an artificial idiot moment. You did that yourself, not the AI. I'd say that my AI moment was on Kamino CTF. Most of the time, if you hit one of the AI with a snipe shot, they'll stop dead in their tracks and let you nail them again.

M@RS 12-04-2008 04:26 PM

Hmmm, my AI moment would have to be on Naboo, I was running around shooting droids and enjoying myself and I threw a grenade in the middle of them and my idiot "buddies" ran to the middle and were blown up... None of the droids got hurt... >_<

Rinku 12-04-2008 05:50 PM

My AI moment was on Rhen Var (citadel) when I was attacking a turret as an arc trooper (had been killing tons of people on my team) and I fired a rocket (or whatever it is) at the turret and a jet trooper landed right in front of me, causing the rocket to blow up...right in front of me...throwing me off the map :whacked:

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan 12-18-2008 04:49 PM

my AI moment(s): practically every time i hop in a LAAt/i and go for a gunnery position. stay there too long and the idiot AI pilot will go fly the whole group straight into something big and hard.

GwannaSauna 12-23-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan (Post 2568095)
my AI moment(s): practically every time i hop in a LAAt/i and go for a gunnery position. stay there too long and the idiot AI pilot will go fly the whole group straight into something big and hard.

Yeah, that gonna's happen every time. Trust me...

TheRogueForums 12-29-2008 06:40 AM

Best "OMFG, you IDIOT!" bot moment for me was on Kamino. I was behind a platform, taking my snipes, and a bot literally nudged me off the ledge.

ggctuk 04-23-2009 07:43 AM

Hmm, tough one... the CIS AI tends to fly into the Republic Cap Ship when shot at. Especially in Droid Gunships. Makes achieving the objectives in the campaign harder.

clone1996 05-16-2009 12:45 PM

I was sniping on geonosis on the hill and a clone commander was protecting me then he stopped and walked off it

TSR 05-17-2009 06:28 PM

Old stuff thats fun, awesome :D

Had an A.I republic trooper lob a grenade at the guy infront of me, which then bounced off him and exploded at my feet. With FF on, this was not fun for me.

BagelNinjaFail 03-16-2011 02:52 PM

I was online in Space, and I was returning a bunch of us back to the hangar after a hard day's sabotage. However, as soon as I got in the hangar, one of the friendly AI took off and swerved into us. Stupid drunk drivers.

Bokken 03-16-2011 05:45 PM

Don't post in old topics. It's been almost two years since the last post.

Counts for your other posts in old topics, too.

Alexrd 03-16-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770096)
Don't post in old topics. It's been almost two years since the last post.

Counts for your other posts in old topics, too.

There is nothing wrong with posting on old threads, as long as it's not a reply to someone else. Besides, creating a new topic that already exists would be much worse.

Bokken 03-17-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2770099)
There is nothing wrong with posting on old threads, as long as it's not a reply to someone else.

How so? Result is same. Another comment on a conversation long over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2770099)
Besides, creating a new topic that already exists would be much worse.

I agree. The solution is for everybody to not post at all, become bitter old people by lurking, and bite the heads off of anybody who breaks this tradition.

Alexrd 03-17-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770138)
How so? Result is same.

No, it's not. Replying to someone else is pointless, since that conversation is long over as you said. Replying to the thread, is giving his own opinion on the topic, which could provide a new conversation or interest to others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770138)
The solution is for everybody to not post at all,

And here I thought this was a forum for general discussion...

Bokken 03-17-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2770151)
No, it's not. Replying to someone else is pointless, since that conversation is long over as you said. Replying to the thread, is giving his own opinion on the topic, which could provide a new conversation or interest to others.

I might agree if we had anyone here, but the fact there's nobody to converse with or interest means that it's just fairly pointless necromancy.

Posting in old threads in an inactive forum is listening to your echo.
Posting in old threads in an active forum is disregarding ongoing discussions for finished ones.
Both are simply bad netiquette.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2770151)
And here I thought this was a forum for general discussion...

Last statement was an irony. I thought you'd catch that.

.:Lord Revan:. 03-17-2011 04:34 PM

Mine is when I throw a grenade and the idiot troopers walk up and try to kiss it before it goes off.

Alexrd 03-17-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770168)
I might agree if we had anyone here, but the fact there's nobody to converse with or interest means that it's just fairly pointless necromancy.

We don't know that. Who's to say the bump won't make people reply to the topic? Even if it doesn't, nobody get's hurt because of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770168)
Posting in old threads in an inactive forum is listening to your echo.

Let them hear to their echo then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770168)
Posting in old threads in an active forum is disregarding ongoing discussions for finished ones.

Not necessarily. A discussion is not finished until a topic is blocked. And one can give his own opinion to an old topic, unless a new one exists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770168)
Both are simply bad netiquette.

Again, not necessarily. Bad netiquette would be a topic reposted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770168)
Last statement was an irony. I thought you'd catch that.

I did. I only quoted that part to remember that this is a discussion forum, empty or not. ;)

Bokken 03-17-2011 11:38 PM

Apparently, our difference of opinion stems from one difference in definition: when a discussion is finished. You say that a discussion is finished when it literally cannot continue. I say that a discussion is finished when everyone has ceased discussing for a long period of time.

Alexrd 03-18-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770253)
Apparently, our difference of opinion stems from one difference in definition: when a discussion is finished. You say that a discussion is finished when it literally cannot continue. I say that a discussion is finished when everyone has ceased discussing for a long period of time.

One can give his own opinion on the thread topic, and not be part of a discussion within the thread.

Bokken 03-19-2011 11:55 AM

Apparently, we also have a different definition of discussion. You say that a discussion is simply two people responding to one another within a thread, such as we are doing now. I say that the entire thread is a discussion on a topic that the thread's author specified.

Alexrd 03-19-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BokkenBlader56 (Post 2770378)
Apparently, we also have a different definition of discussion. You say that a discussion is simply two people responding to one another within a thread, such as we are doing now. I say that the entire thread is a discussion on a topic that the thread's author specified.

Well, there are different types of discussions. ;)

Brotherhood 04-15-2011 08:22 AM

Aftificial Idiot
 
I definitly despise it when you chuck a mine--they dont care--kaboom! and they destroy 3 of their own teamates------ or when you nade its like ''oh i think ill pick up that grenade and see if it'll:burst1: :swear:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.