LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Republic Holonet (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=736)
-   -   News: New Screenshots 11/28/08 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194144)

Nedak 11-28-2008 06:01 PM

New Screenshots 11/28/08

Since nobody has posted the new screenies yet, I couldn't resist but to post them myself.

Enjoy

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens

Note: New Screenshots on both pages 1 and 2.

Rinku 11-28-2008 06:52 PM

Was it just me or did the lightsabers look smaller in the first pic on page 2?

The Doctor 11-28-2008 07:09 PM

No, I see improvement with the lightsabers as well. Looks good.

Rev7 11-28-2008 08:47 PM

Yeah, the lightsabers look a lot better. Looks pretty good to me.

SW01 11-28-2008 09:39 PM

MUCH nicer! Sabre hilts not as obnoxious, nice terrain detail - not just those robes that need to be fixed - a little less lycra a little more loose robe?

Seems to be shaping up well!

Litofsky 11-28-2008 10:37 PM

The lightsabers do look much better (not there yet, but much progress has been made). Overall, some nice shots, but the story and space is what I think many wish to hear about, however. :p

Fredi 11-28-2008 11:17 PM

It is just beautiful. :D

Tommycat 11-29-2008 12:14 AM

From what I have seen, it looks really good. Now, if they can just tone down the hair dryer look on the guns....

Unless they expect people to shoot lightsabers out of them...

Web Rider 11-29-2008 02:05 AM

The sabers look much better, and I agree that we need more "robes" and less bodysuits. Yes the chicks are hot and the guys have a nice butt....but jedi/sith wear robes.

HK-42 11-29-2008 02:26 AM

Awesome great improvement on the hilts. Just the robe problem that I can see.

Miltiades 11-29-2008 09:19 AM

*sigh* Much better. Pretty cool screenshots, it all looks really beautiful. Only the Tython Enclave wasn't as convincing, I thought. I actually immediately thought of a level in Mass Effect when looking at that screenie.

stoffe 11-29-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miltiades (Post 2559469)
Only the Tython Enclave wasn't as convincing, I thought. I actually immediately thought of a level in Mass Effect when looking at that screenie.

I don't think what's shown in that screenshot would be the whole complex, judging by the scale of doors etc. Looks more like it's a part of the perimeter wall fortification to me. :)

adamqd 11-29-2008 02:55 PM

Getting there, Look much nicer, Guns need to be a bit neater and smaller, and I like the Jumpsuits as it reflects the style of k1 :) are they two T-16 Skyhoppers on the Tython Academy?? Luke's T-16 must be ancient by ANH lol

ExarKun423 11-29-2008 03:33 PM

Screenshots look very nice indeed, Lightsabers look the right size, Excellent, lush graphics, can't wait for more screens. They just need to make the robes a little more "loose".

Jeff 11-29-2008 03:51 PM

Thanks for posting this, sorry the site was a little late in getting them up. However they have been added to our gallery for your viewing!

M@RS 11-29-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padwon_link (Post 2559227)
Was it just me or did the lightsabers look smaller in the first pic on page 2?

I saw it as well... :) They do look a lot better... I was kinda hoping for better graphics but at least this time they don't have an excuse as to why they won't make a PC version... Even though most MMORGs are usually PC only...

I also agree that they should make the robes more "loose"... The game isn't about checking out the chicks, it's about "pretending" to be whoever you want to be... :)

Tommycat 11-29-2008 09:50 PM

Good heavens. Everyone is all worried about the robes. There's more than likely going to be more than one style of robe. I highly doubt they will only have the nearly nekkid as the only choice. Be careful or you'll end up with SWG types of robes and cloaks.

Something I think is more important is the guns. LOOK AT THE HAIR DRYER GUN. I mean what are they expecting us to do Style the enemy to death? I know... I'll have one crafted that has the name "Leafblower of Death"

ExarKun423 11-29-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommycat (Post 2559676)
Good heavens. Everyone is all worried about the robes. There's more than likely going to be more than one style of robe. I highly doubt they will only have the nearly nekkid as the only choice. Be careful or you'll end up with SWG types of robes and cloaks.

Something I think is more important is the guns. LOOK AT THE HAIR DRYER GUN. I mean what are they expecting us to do Style the enemy to death? I know... I'll have one crafted that has the name "Leafblower of Death"

I think the guns actually look pretty neat.

Nedak 11-30-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M@RS (Post 2559654)
they don't have an excuse as to why they won't make a PC version...

don't you mean xbox?

M@RS 11-30-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by han sala (Post 2559729)
don't you mean xbox?

Yes, and no... With TFU they said that the graphics were "too good" for the PC... Come on... I can run Medal of Honor: Aireborne at the highest settings with no problem, I'm sure I can run TFU on at least the lowest settings... Now with the Xbox, I don't a lot about the MMORGs, never really played one to be honest...

Tommycat 11-30-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExarKun423 (Post 2559717)
I think the guns actually look pretty neat.

I like the guns about as much as the Jedi liked the pringles can saber hilts. Actually, I wonder if you could fit a pringles can in the barrel of that gun. I don't mind the general design, but that barrel is just freakin huge. It really looks like a hair dryer. Partly because of the design, partly because of that huge exhaust vent of a barrel.

Guess I'll be setting my gun to "FABULOUS!"

Oh and M@RS. The game is going to be released on PC first. they MAY port it to console, but not likely.

ExarKun423 11-30-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommycat (Post 2559751)
I like the guns about as much as the Jedi liked the pringles can saber hilts. Actually, I wonder if you could fit a pringles can in the barrel of that gun. I don't mind the general design, but that barrel is just freakin huge. It really looks like a hair dryer. Partly because of the design, partly because of that huge exhaust vent of a barrel.

Guess I'll be setting my gun to "FABULOUS!"

Oh and M@RS. The game is going to be released on PC first. they MAY port it to console, but not likely.

Everyone keep in mind that the game is still in early development, things can change.....

Tommycat 11-30-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExarKun423 (Post 2559758)
Everyone keep in mind that the game is still in early development, things can change.....

Haha yeah, that's what I was saying when they were talking about the sabers. Unfortunately not enough people screamed about the guns I guess. Watch, they'll fix the robes for the Jedi, and the guns will still be blow dryers. Seems like they are already taking queues from SWG and fixing Jedi stuff and leaving other concerns behind. Well it makes sense I suppose. Many jedi using the Force Whine ability on the forums.

Nedak 11-30-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M@RS (Post 2559746)
Yes, and no... With TFU they said that the graphics were "too good" for the PC... Come on... I can run Medal of Honor: Aireborne at the highest settings with no problem, I'm sure I can run TFU on at least the lowest settings... Now with the Xbox, I don't a lot about the MMORGs, never really played one to be honest...

Ohh TFU, I thought you were talking about TOR

Steve-O Kreesh 11-30-2008 10:22 AM

robes, robes, robes, robes, and they need robes!:D

Besides that, the game is coming along nicely I think. Maybe the blasters they're showing are Mandalorian blasters. They're known to be obnoxiously big. :)

M@RS 11-30-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by han sala (Post 2559781)
Ohh TFU, I thought you were talking about TOR

Hey, I actually answered your question... :xp:

True_Avery 11-30-2008 08:27 PM

Freaking beautiful. Love the new Sabres.

If they keep going with this level of quality in both the look, and community feedback, then this could turn out to be an amazing game!

Hayden Kered 12-01-2008 03:10 AM

All is looking good!

Titanius Anglesmith 12-01-2008 03:18 AM

This game is definitely looking better and better, and my apprehension over whatever method of payment they use is starting to disappear