LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   LucasCast Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=744)
-   -   [Episode] LucasCast: Episode 1 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195980)

Lynk Former 02-23-2009 03:32 AM

LucasCast: Episode 1

http://64.20.36.214/lucasforums.com/...hreadtitle.png

We hope you enjoy our very first episode of LucasCast. In this episode we introduce you to our wacky cast, talk about gaming in 2008 and what we want to see come out of 2009. We’ll also be looking at what LucasArts has been offering us lately, the Indiana Jones game for Wii and much more…

Release date: 23 February 2009

Download page: www.lucascast.com/episode-1/

Summary:
  • Your grand introduction to LucasCast.
  • Upcoming LucasArts games including The Old Rebublic MMO and Battlefront III
  • The cancellation of Indiana Jones for 360 and PS3, the confirmation of Indiana Jones for Wii, DS and PSP or PS2 as well as discussing the inclusion of Fate of Atlantis on the Wii version.
  • Our thoughts of the games of 2008.
  • What we're looking forward to in 2009.
  • What you can expect from LucasCast in the future.

Extra information and resources:

This section contains spoilers. Please listen to the podcast episode before you view the hidden area.

Show spoiler

Comments: Feel free to leave your comments, feedback and questions in this thread about this LucasCast episode as well as LucasCast in general. You can also use our contact form or email us at questions@lucascast.com.

The LucasCast team hope you have enjoyed the show!

True_Avery 02-23-2009 03:43 AM

Get this figured out faster so I can be part of one and not talk!

And by not talk, I mean beat on Niner whenever possible.

EnderWiggin 02-23-2009 05:34 AM

Cool idea guys, I really like it :)

This is awesome. Jeff is a handsome man!

and Jae: I had issues with the rancor serum too! :D

_EW_

Bob Lion54 02-23-2009 07:06 AM

Groovy! This is great!

hehe, I never heard you before, Lynk. For some reason, I always thought you had a higher pitched voice... Maybe not Devon Pitched, but not all deep like that.

And J-Moe, you are a SEXY BEAST!

Darth InSidious 02-23-2009 10:48 AM

View page
YouTube Video

Samuel Dravis 02-23-2009 11:57 AM

I listened to it, delivery was prompt and product was excellent, will listen again, A++++

Taak Farst 02-23-2009 12:26 PM

lol I laughed hard at niner!!! well done guys loved the cast!

TSR 02-23-2009 01:18 PM

Not bad at all, better than Playr at any rate.

Is it nice up there on your pedestals guys? :xp:

Nedak 02-23-2009 01:23 PM

Love it. Keep up the good work.

Also, Lynk's voice+accent = awesome.

I wish I had an accent :(

Jeff 02-23-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedak (Post 2593612)
Love it. Keep up the good work.

Also, Lynk's voice+accent = awesome.

I wish I had an accent :(

Everyone has an accent :p Well except me, my accent is "default" and everyone's accent is based on mine.

Nedak 02-23-2009 01:42 PM

^
Well, supposedly you already have the handsome spot so QQ. :p

Samnmax221 02-23-2009 02:24 PM

I'm weirded out now that I know what you all sound like.

Marius Fett 02-23-2009 02:24 PM

I can see this turning into something rather fun...

Great job on the first episode! :)

TiE23 02-23-2009 02:38 PM

Still developing my voice ear. Gotta assign a name to each voice so at any moment I know exactly who's talking.

This is awesome guys. Set up your RSS/iTunes/Zune stuff, too. It'll be like Christmas waiting for each episode. Har!

Edit:
Great, laughed at pantless Rhett joke in the middle of class, thanks guys. D:<

Metallus 02-23-2009 02:44 PM

Sweet 'cast! Woo, Wallace & Gromit got a mention!

:D

Jeff 02-23-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE23 (Post 2593641)
Still developing my voice ear. Gotta assign a name to each voice so at any moment I know exactly who's talking.

This is awesome guys. Set up your RSS/iTunes/Zune stuff, too. It'll be like Christmas waiting for each episode. Har!

Yep, definitely look out for iTunes and other support coming soon, as for now it still works to manually subscribe in iTunes using our RSS feed: http://www.lucascast.com/feed/

Lynk Former 02-23-2009 04:06 PM

*reads talk about my accent and how i sound* ... *blushes and runs away giggling*

Also, I talked about House of the Dead Overkill in the podcast. I'd just like to say that it's FAR more obscene than even I had realised it would be. Definitely not for anyone who is grossed out easily... but if you don't mind a tonne of bad language, some things that are more than simply suggestive and have them all continuously hitting you as you play the game. Then damn, you so gotta get it! :D

http://www.mywii.com.au/img/news/Off...e-Bundle-2.jpg

Plus, I bought the limited edition Bang Bang Box which features a prelude comic, a special sleeve to keep the game case and comic in... and two huge, HUGE, HUEG LIKE XBOX Hand Cannon shells for your Wiimotes.

The Hand Cannon shells are awesome to use as well. It's far superior to the Wii Zapper that Nintendo came up with and is a pleasure to use.

Also, the comic smells so strongly of ink that you get high reading it... I kid you not.

Pics of hand cannon: http://www.next-nintendo.com/news281...ses-etats.html (But the Australian versions come with white handles)

Cover of comic: http://www.infendo.com/wp-content/up...ll_495x388.jpg (too sexy to show the whole thing)

leXX 02-23-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallus (Post 2593645)

I had to. XD

Litofsky 02-23-2009 04:39 PM

May I formally announce my adoration for such a podcast. 'tis great to hear the opinions (literally! :p) of the staff.

Marius Fett 02-23-2009 04:52 PM

If I head right, leXX used the word 'aks'.

A sign of a true, proud British woman.

LeXX, I salute you!

HK-42 02-23-2009 05:37 PM

Sounded great! Once its on itunes I will subscribe :D

Mav 02-23-2009 06:56 PM

That was pretty sweet I must say. Groovy says "okay" a lot XD. When Lynk hinted at something big happening at LF I was expecting coupons for free ice cream, but this was good too. Some quick notes.

@Jae: I lol'd hard... "I love whips"... don't know why

@leXX: <3 LBP

@Lynk: Valkyria Chronicles. I approve. Shameless advertising... less approval :xp:

Yea that's all I got for now, definitely looking forward to hearing some other staffer voices and guests. Keep it up.

CommanderQ 02-23-2009 07:06 PM

Excellent work, staff!! It's awesome to hear the opinions of the staff and to finally get to know these mysterious admins and mods! I look forward to the next episode! Keep it up!:D

GeneralPloKoon 02-23-2009 07:41 PM

Currently downloading, i'm afraid...

The Doctor 02-23-2009 08:22 PM

Nice to hear some of the voices behind the avatars! Great work, guys, and brilliant idea. :D

Rev7 02-23-2009 08:46 PM

Very cool, I love the idea

M@RS 02-23-2009 08:46 PM

So that's what you all sound like... :xp: It is very nice to put voices to avvies... :D

EnderWiggin 02-23-2009 09:37 PM

Still loved it, but needs more teekay.

_EW_

Hermie 02-23-2009 09:43 PM

Great show guys! ^^ You really have the energy and confidence that seems to be lacking in many podcast at the very beginning, keep it up. =)

Nothing much in the critical department, the only thing I can think of is to keep your mics slightly below or to the side of your mouth, it reduces the breathing/sharp S's a bit.

(Oh, and it would totally rock to be on it sometime, if only to pick Groovy's brain about Left 4 Dead... <.<)

Samnmax221 02-23-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallus (Post 2593645)

You or one of the other original-side admins should be on once in a while.

Kjølen 02-23-2009 10:13 PM

Niner was thinking of me the entire time. I could hear it in his voice.

Char Ell 02-23-2009 10:59 PM

@ Jae and Moeller: 2005 posse rulez!!! :lol:

The Brits refer to Free Radical "buying the farm" as going into administration. Come on Lexxy. You gotta edumacate these boys on this stuff. ;)

@ Lynk - confused about LucasArts? Aren't we all. That whole "two games a year" came from ex-president Jim Ward though. As far as I know LucasArts hasn't communicated anything about their business plan since Darrell Rodriguez took over last April so who knows if the two games a year thing is still true or not. I'm very much interested if you can get someone from LucasArts on a future LucasCast to see if they'll open up on the subject. :nod:

RE: cancellation of PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of SoK - anybody questioning the continued viability of the Ronin engine (combined DMM, euphoria, and Havok technologies) that LucasArts built and first used on TFU and that was also supposed to be used on the same platforms for SoK? Perchance last June LucasArts cut loose too many of the devs that worked on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of TFU to make SoK happen on those platforms now but seriously, does anybody think we're going to see another LucasArts game that uses this engine? Looks to me like it could very well be one and done with TFU.

Really enjoyed the inaugural LucasCast and hearing everybody's voices. Lynky's accent is the best by far. :D

GeneralPloKoon 02-24-2009 12:18 AM

I loved it all! Excellent discussions! Can't wait for the next eppy!

leXX 02-24-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius Fett (Post 2593748)
If I head right, leXX used the word 'aks'.

A sign of a true, proud British woman.

LeXX, I salute you!

'aks'? I'm not sure exactly what word that is lol, but thank you. XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick187 (Post 2593831)
@leXX: <3 LBP

Yeah, it's an awesome game. It was very hard for me to choose between LBP and Fable 2, very close indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herminator (Post 2593909)
Nothing much in the critical department, the only thing I can think of is to keep your mics slightly below or to the side of your mouth, it reduces the breathing/sharp S's a bit.

(Oh, and it would totally rock to be on it sometime, if only to pick Groovy's brain about Left 4 Dead... <.<)

I completely agree about the mic thing. I noticed that my voice is sometimes very loud, and at other times very quiet. Definately got to try and be more consistant with that, so I apologise if I made anyones ears bleed. I need a new headset actually, because the one I'm currently using has no sponges on it (damn kids). Gonna order a new one today.

As for L4D, no doubt we'll be mentioning that in a future cast, as a few of us have been really into it lately.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char Ell (Post 2593935)
The Brits refer to Free Radical "buying the farm" as going into administration. Come on Lexxy. You gotta edumacate these boys on this stuff. ;)

They are still trying to understand words like 'twat', and phrases like 'chucking your dummy from the pram', and 'bloody wanker', so what hope do I have? :D

To everyone else, thank you very much for all the kind words. We really appreciate all the feedback, and glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully we'll be able to continue making you smile. :)

I'm a little freaked out that you all know what I sound like now. :p

TSR 02-24-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leXX (Post 2594013)
They are still trying to understand words like 'twat', and phrases like 'chucking your dummy from the pram', and 'bloody wanker', so what hope do I have? :D

QFE. Its a right barrel of laughs sometimes when you're the only British person playing a game with voice capabilities in a room full of Americans. I love spinning them into a right lingo tangle on whatever I'm playing, although sometimes it's too easy to be proud of.

They say they speak English though in truth, they don't...:xp:

Jae Onasi 02-24-2009 08:26 AM

That's OK TSR--I can speak Chicago and you'd never have any idea what I was saying, but I chose to make it simple for your Brit ears. :xp:

TSR 02-24-2009 08:58 AM

I like the simple.

Rogue Nine 02-24-2009 09:27 AM

You should be happy I didn't break out the super-heavy Brooklyn accent. :p

But really, I'm glad you all enjoyed it. :) Send it to your friends if you liked it!

BongoBob 02-24-2009 09:34 AM

Just gave it a listen to, and I freakin loved it. It's awesome to finally hear all these faces that we've all gotten to know so well.

Looking forward to the next one :)

Quote:

'chucking your dummy from the pram'

Que? :p

Quote:

I'm a little freaked out that you all know what I sound like now. :p

I'm a little more freaked out that I'm going to be reading all of your posts from now on in your voices in my head :p

Astrotoy7 02-24-2009 09:46 AM

commendations and congrats on this wonderful new project. Its definitely no easy feat to set these up.

I havent listened yet, Im still too used to you guys being dark sinister figures in my mind. Am working on it with my psychotherapist though.

But would do it just to hear what lexxie and jae sound like. I hope lexxie dropped a 'guv'nor' in there somewhere, from over 20 years of watching The Bill, this is surely what London women talk like?? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexxie
They are still trying to understand words like 'twat'

I tried this on at AHTO once...was not well received!

good luck with this great new project! :)

mtfbwya