LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Republic Newsfeed (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Uthar or Yuthura? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196575)

Fredi 03-21-2009 09:05 PM

Uthar or Yuthura?
 
Who do you prefer more? Master Uthar Wynn or Yuthura Ban and why?

Darth_Yuthura 03-21-2009 10:55 PM

Do I have really have to comment? Yuthura all the way!

"All the things I wanted to do... all the wrongs I wanted to right... I haven't done any of it. They just get farther and farther from my mind. This isn't the person I was."

"There's still time to change that."

"You're right. Maybe what I needed most was peace after all. The Jedi tried to show me that. I don't know if I can ever go back to them, but my place isn't here. Thank-you, thank-you for showing me that."

Best lines in the whole game in my opinion.


PS: I would have also put in a 'neither one' option.

Chevron 7 locke 03-21-2009 11:01 PM

Yuthura all the way! She has such a tragic background...I think that's why I chose her.

Sabretooth 03-22-2009 12:36 AM

Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.

SW01 03-22-2009 12:42 AM

Uthar Wynn. He says "behooves" :xp:

I always just thought he seemed much more of a commanding Sithy than Yuthura did. And he let me get heaps of DS points once I found out the twist and wanted to switch sides!

RedHawke 03-22-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth (Post 2604355)
Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.

*Presses some buttons*

I bestow upon thee a "Neither" option! :p

Q 03-22-2009 05:26 AM

Yuthura and her hot MILF voice! :naughty:

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan 03-22-2009 06:18 AM

i cant remember who... im leaning slightly toward yuthura...
ah yes, yuthura returned to the light, had a good story, and was nice. vote won!

Quote:

Yuthura and her hot MILF voice!
.... o_O

Fredi 03-22-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth (Post 2604355)
Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.

haha sorry my bad.


Well I like more Uthar, he is a very wise but in a evil way :p.Not only that is not like dose sith that wants to kill everybody when they see a person, he is like a calm sith, evil but calm.

TKA-001 03-22-2009 11:41 AM

Uthar is a true villain, not a pansy like Yuthura in any respect. Besides, he has a reasonable backstory, by which I mean one without all of the recycled "troubled past" nonsense that passes for Yuthura's character. In both villainy and general character, Uthar is standard; his apprentice is sub-par. Both are far outclassed by Jorak Uln, though, because craziness multiplies awesomeness.

Sabretooth 03-22-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan (Post 2604413)
.... o_O

Agreed 100%

o_O

jrrtoken 03-22-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur (Post 2604401)
Yuthura and her hot MILF voice! :naughty:

I'm always disappointed when the "I hope that we can be something more than just friends." option goes absolutely nowhere. Dammit, BioWare. :swear:

Either way, I love double-double-double crossing both of them, and killing them in the end. Being a manipulative bastard is oh so enjoyable. :smoke2:

Astor 03-22-2009 12:13 PM

They're both Sith, so they both die.

Darth_Yuthura 03-24-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKA-001 (Post 2604472)
Uthar is a true villain, not a pansy like Yuthura in any respect. Besides, he has a reasonable backstory, by which I mean one without all of the recycled "troubled past" nonsense that passes for Yuthura's character. In both villainy and general character, Uthar is standard; his apprentice is sub-par. Both are far outclassed by Jorak Uln, though, because craziness multiplies awesomeness.

So you are one of those who despise Darth Vader? Yuthura Ban is like George Lucas's main character on a higher level. She may have been a bad Sith, but overall a much stronger character because she was able to confront the fact that she hated being with them and took it upon herself to change. Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.

Yuthura's pansy attitude towards the Sith: the sign of a coward.
Uthar's relentless loyalty to the Sith: the sign of an idiot.

TKA-001 03-24-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.
Jorak was the Master of the Academy, so his power level has to be considerable. Besides, who cares about power or sanity? I just like his character. His insanity is one of the major reasons.

Quote:

Uthar's relentless loyalty to the Sith: the sign of an idiot.
At no point during K1 does Uthar's loyalty to the Sith (which we have no reason to believe is higher than any other Sith's) steer him wrong. In fact, his loyalty works well for him in one possible outcome; If the player is dark-sided and visits Korriban last, Uthar is willing to work for Revan if he reveals his identity.

Rev7 03-24-2009 11:26 PM

Yuthura, by far. Much more story, and I personally think that she is a great character.

Endorenna 03-25-2009 01:24 AM

Eh. I don't like either of 'em. Uthar is good because he kills that dude I give the wrong sword to (snickers as fem Revan racks up DS points and kills canon :p), and I like Yuthura because she's a Twi'lek, and I happen to think Twi'lek's are awesome when they're Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunters/anything else that will blow your head off.

On the other hand, Uthar's voice grates on my nerves. Yuthura Ban annoys the stew outta me with her backstory (probably because I came up with a similar backstory before I ever played the game, lol :p). I kill 'em both.

BTW--Darth Vader FTW! :lol:

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan 03-25-2009 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2605619)
So you are one of those who despise Darth Vader? Yuthura Ban is like George Lucas's main character on a higher level. She may have been a bad Sith, but overall a much stronger character because she was able to confront the fact that she hated being with them and took it upon herself to change. Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.

Yuthura's pansy attitude towards the Sith: the sign of a coward.
Uthar's relentless loyalty to the Sith: the sign of an idiot.

i think tka was saying that he liked uthar's character when looking at it outside of the game. the quality of a written character of fiction, rather than whos stronger inside the game.

am i right tka..?

in game, id go for yuthura. out of game, id go for uln, as his part in the game was somewhat hilarious.

Darth_Yuthura 03-25-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKA-001 (Post 2605679)
In fact, his loyalty works well for him in one possible outcome; If the player is dark-sided and visits Korriban last, Uthar is willing to work for Revan if he reveals his identity.

And this depends on Korriban being the last planet, Revan being DS, and Uthar settling with being a servant to yet another Dark Lord. That's not a very promising outcome in the ONLY path where he lives. The other times, he turns on Revan and dies. When does his devotion to the Sith ever lead him to a better future? Not in ANY possible outcome I see... unless he kills Revan and the game ends there could Uthar advance. That's a possible outcome.

Yuthura could very well turn and return to Dantooine to die, but most likely departed Korriban after the assault. Cannon is usually what I would go by and assume that Uthar officially died and Yuthura turned to the lightside. Whether she lived beyond that is not determined.

Blix 03-25-2009 04:16 PM

If I'm taking the light-sider route then usually Yuthura, but If I want to be really bad then I kill them both I can't eve seem to just side with Uthar.

Darth_Yuthura 03-25-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blix (Post 2606021)
If I'm taking the light-sider route then usually Yuthura, but If I want to be really bad then I kill them both I can't eve seem to just side with Uthar.

I agree. I have chosen to kill them both, but when I found you could turn Yuthura back, I actually asked her about her past. Before, I just assumed she would have dismissed the question out of hand.

After she described her past and I could ask 'Has anything changed?' I knew she was not sure about the Sith anymore and had good reason to turn away. That was the most significant thing that made her different from Darth Vader. Where Luke said 'There's still good in you,' I just thought it was terrible that Vader turned back at those words. A better way would have been stating 'Your wife is dead and there's no point in serving your master anymore. You have nothing to gain and nothing worth losing anymore.' That would have been more moving in my opinion than anything Luke said to Vader.

Blix 03-25-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura (Post 2606043)
I agree. I have chosen to kill them both, but when I found you could turn Yuthura back, I actually asked her about her past. Before, I just assumed she would have dismissed the question out of hand.

After she described her past and I could ask 'Has anything changed?' I knew she was not sure about the Sith anymore and had good reason to turn away. That was the most significant thing that made her different from Darth Vader. Where Luke said 'There's still good in you,' I just thought it was terrible that Vader turned back at those words. A better way would have been stating 'Your wife is dead and there's no point in serving your master anymore. You have nothing to gain and nothing worth losing anymore.' That would have been more moving in my opinion than anything Luke said to Vader.

I agree, Yuthura is much more interesting as character than Uthar ever was. The fact that you actually can persuade her to return to Dantooine, unlocking extra dialog adds that much more development to her character whereas Uthar just gladly accepts the academy and everything goes on as usual...boring.

I think if Luke had said that he would definitely had gotten a more emotional response out of Vader.

DarthYuugi 03-26-2009 12:27 PM

Hand's down Yuthura

Q 03-26-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur (Post 2604401)
Yuthura and her hot MILF voice! :naughty:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan (Post 2604413)
.... o_O

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth (Post 2604474)
Agreed 100%

o_O

Oh, come on!

You mean to tell me that neither one of you has ever been "hot for Teacher?"

School must have been awfully dull for you. :p

Darth_Yuthura 03-26-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur (Post 2606743)
Oh, come on!

You mean to tell me that neither one of you has ever been "hot for Teacher?"

School must have been awfully dull for you. :p

Read my story and you'll see just what I think of Yuthura.

Tamara Phillips, the voice actress, is gorgeous! She was absolutely perfect for the character. It's only too bad she isn't in much else.

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan 03-27-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

You mean to tell me that neither one of you has ever been "hot for Teacher?"
yes, every male whos ever gone to school has wanted to get with the teacher.



including the ones with hirsutism.

Q 03-27-2009 12:39 AM

TMI. TMI! :xp:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Yuthura
Tamera Phillips, the voice actress, is gorgeous! She was absolutely perfect for the character. It's only too bad she isn't in much else.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...100_SY149_.jpg

OMG, she is a MILF!

RAWR. :naughty:

TriggerGod 03-27-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur (Post 2606743)
Oh, come on!

You mean to tell me that neither one of you has ever been "hot for Teacher?"

School must have been awfully dull for you. :p

well there was this one teacher in ninth grade...

The Betrayer 03-28-2009 12:28 AM

I prefer Uthar.

Darth_Yuthura 04-06-2009 12:56 AM

So are there any reasons people really like Uthar w/out taking Yuthura into account? If there were a Uthar like him/hate him poll, are there any who would say they just like Uthar; or do they happen to like him more than Yuthura?

Same question for those who just voted for Yuthura because they hated Uthar.

Feagildin 05-02-2009 10:36 AM

Yuthura. She's a chick. I dig chicks.

Trench 05-02-2009 11:49 AM

I say Yuthura Ban, she's got lightside options.

darthwarman 05-02-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blix (Post 2606052)
I agree, Yuthura is much more interesting as character than Uthar ever was. The fact that you actually can persuade her to return to Dantooine, unlocking extra dialog adds that much more development to her character whereas Uthar just gladly accepts the academy and everything goes on as usual...boring.

I think if Luke had said that he would definitely had gotten a more emotional response out of Vader.

I chose niether. I never knew that was possible. Playing light or dark I killed both because niether one of them trusted me.

Allronix 05-13-2009 02:40 AM

Uthar was a charasmatic Sith, but still a pretty typical Sith with his "If I must explain it, you don't belong here" vibe. Yuthura did more to explain the Sith in six minutes than Lucas did in six movies (MAJOR Kudos to Drew & David at Bioware for cooking her up!). She explained the ideas and the Sith philosophy in a logical, thoughtful manner that gave structure behind the apparent cackling madness, and made it seem almost a damn shame that the Sith and the Jedi had to constantly kill one another.

spoiler:

And when you befriend her, and she walks away in the end? Since I play Korriban AFTER the big reveal, I see it as a fitting touch. You didn't just save her. You saved yourself.


mattig89ch 05-28-2009 10:38 AM

you know, i've never acually sided with uthar. I think i'm going to do that on my next play through, just to see what happens.

Totenkopf 05-28-2009 12:58 PM

Yuthura had more depth as a charachter. Both are important minor npcs in KOTOR, but she was better written than he was. Frankly, I've played out all the options w/regard to the fates of both. Seems like a waste otherwise.

CommanderQ 05-28-2009 02:06 PM

I sided with Uthar, he seemed to be a very interesting character, like Yuthura, they both have potential for an interesting background{like how Darth_Yuthura wrote a rather famous fic on Yuthura:D}

Demongo 05-28-2009 02:15 PM

Actually I wanted to try out both of them, so saved just before I had to choose and tried both sides:xp: Uthar was better because he didn't betray me....

Totenkopf 05-28-2009 03:23 PM

Yeah, but depending on how you play it you can have trouble w/Uthar too. Much depends on how you handle the 2x cross before entering the tomb.

Darth Avlectus 05-28-2009 09:10 PM

Light or dark I'd rather just off both of them. Petty little creatures that they are.

Yuthura had a better background, uthar was more of a challenge to get approval from but frankly it's all for naught anyway.

No I don't care that I can redeem her.

Looks at freshly dead twilek with tattoos. Hmm.....Necrophelia anyone? :naughty:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth (Post 2604355)
Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.

Spoken like a true champ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur (Post 2604401)
Yuthura and her hot MILF voice! :naughty:

You dirty old man. :naughty:

.......oh wait! P.K.B.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astor Kaine (Post 2604478)
They're both Sith, so they both die.

:devsmoke: I knew there was something likable about your style. A fellow murd--I mean fighter of justice! :dev8:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endorenna (Post 2605727)
<snip> I kill 'em both.

BTW--Darth Vader FTW! :lol:

What is FTW? I have seen it several times now and wonder what it means...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totenkopf (Post 2628594)
Yeah, but depending on how you play it you can have trouble w/Uthar too. Much depends on how you handle the 2x cross before entering the tomb.

I can handle the whole thing if I wanted to. But it's more fun to just kill them both. :dev9:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.