LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   LucasCast Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=744)
-   -   [Episode] LucasCast: Episode 6 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197643)

Jae Onasi 05-11-2009 09:21 PM

LucasCast: Episode 6

http://64.20.36.214/lucasforums.com/...hreadtitle.png

In this sixth episode we talk about what games we are playing lately, our favorite Lucasforums threads, what we are looking forward to seeing at E3, our favourite current TV shows, the game that got us into gaming, and much more!

Release date: 12 May 2009

Download page: www.lucascast.com/episode-6/

Summary:
  • What games we are playing
  • Our favourite Lucasforums threads
  • What we are looking forward to from this years E3
  • Our favourite current TV shows
  • The game that got us into gaming

This section contains spoilers. Please listen to the podcast episode before you view the hidden area.

Show spoiler

Comments:

Please leave us comments! Let us know what you think of the episode, and if you have any questions you want answered on the show, use our contact form or email us at questions@lucascast.com.

We hope you enjoy the show!

(N.B.: post written by leXX)

Boba Rhett 05-11-2009 09:58 PM

Here's a pdf of Legends of the Spam in it's entirety.

Agent_Katarn00 05-12-2009 12:52 AM

Loved it!:thumbsup:
Sweet guys,thanks for using my question.
Keep those episodes coming,i don't know a lot of places that do this kind of stuff.I lol'd at the KOTOR joke in the beginning,genius!
Overall,great job guys the humor is great and the news is entertaining and interesting.

Marius Fett 05-12-2009 11:46 AM

Another Enders fan, eh leXX? :D

CommanderQ 05-12-2009 12:10 PM

Heheh, I loved the beginning, borrowing the JK intro scene and redoing it in epic LucasCast style! Very clever indeed!:D

Poor Rhett, 30 hours of Fable 2 down the drain...devastating... That happened to me many times, so, I understand the total....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:D

TiE23 05-12-2009 02:11 PM

Funny, went to school, saw leXX's tweet and went all "waah, I don't have it yet, and it's not on my Zune, waaaah." Well, I checked my Zune software, saw something, pulled out my Zune... I already had it with me, yay.

Now one of my classes is canceled and I get to sit in the library for two hours and listen in.

And to Grooves and others on the subject of the old Fanta subtitle game... it still lives, but Japanese rather than Indian, but at least it's much more streamlined and focused.

http://smouch.net/

edit:

Rhett, you fail at the Duke Nukem comment. Horrible timing.

edit 2:

Grooves, you fail at saying the new Fallout 3 expansion is the Fallout MMO : D

edit 3:

Always naked podcasts. Always.

leXX 05-12-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent_Katarn00 (Post 2623514)
Loved it!:thumbsup:
Sweet guys,thanks for using my question.
Keep those episodes coming,i don't know a lot of places that do this kind of stuff.I lol'd at the KOTOR joke in the beginning,genius!
Overall,great job guys the humor is great and the news is entertaining and interesting.

Thanks. :) Yes, Bill is EVIL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius Fett (Post 2623607)
Another Enders fan, eh leXX? :D

Yes indeed, since the very first episode. Much better than that crap Corrie. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommanderQ (Post 2623613)
Heheh, I loved the beginning, borrowing the JK intro scene and redoing it in epic LucasCast style! Very clever indeed!:D

Thanks, we enjoyed doing it. And give kudos to Niner for doing such a good job on the editing. :) Stay tuned for a geeky intro at the beginning of every cast. We are making it a regular feature now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE23 (Post 2623630)
Always naked podcasts. Always.

I have a cold now because of that. *sniff*

swphreak 05-12-2009 03:34 PM

Awesome ep!

Typing as I listen:
  • I tried playing Halo 3 the other day, but I just couldn't do it. I'm too used to CoD4 and other newer shooters.
  • Fable 2 was alright, but the ending sucked.
  • Last I heard, BF3 is in limbo somewhere.
  • Ug, Bionic Commando. That multiplayer demo on XBLive sucked.
  • I thought Army of Two was alright...

Marius Fett 05-12-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leXX
Yes indeed, since the very first episode. Much better than that crap Corrie. ;)

Well yes... :p

I'd take The Vic over the Rovers any day... :p

CommanderQ 05-12-2009 04:13 PM

Oh, yeah...Darth Groovy, concerning Half-Life 3, have you heard the rumors that it may come out in 2010? That's just what they've been saying, but another interesting find is that a member on..I think Gamestop, had discovered screenshots that ahd the Half-Life symbol with a 3 instead of a 2. Unfortunatley, the pictures were deleted, and the member, banned. I don't know if that was a coincidence or not, but Half-Life 3 may not be that far away:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by leXX (Post 2623641)

Thanks, we enjoyed doing it. And give kudos to Niner for doing such a good job on the editing. :) Stay tuned for a geeky intro at the beginning of every cast. We are making it a regular feature now.

Looking forward to it!:D

jrrtoken 05-12-2009 05:37 PM

As far as the secret instrument in The Beatles Rock Band, I have a good feeling that it will be a mod wig. Either that, or a real flying glove.

I'm pretty sure that the next HL game won't be Half-Life 3, but HL2 Episode 3. You know, because everything comes in trilogies. :carms:

As far as E3 goes, MGS4 for the 360 sounds ultimately fishy, but if RE5 and FFXIII has been/will be ported to it as well, then anything is possible. I've lost all interest in Dragon Age, but I'm getting more and more eager for Alpha Protocol, and hopefully we'll see some real info about TOR, rather than the scraps that are the teasers that BioWare has been releasing every other fortnight.

As for shows, the only thing I really watch religiously is Lost, but as far as something recent goes, I've really enjoyed Better off Ted. It's really one of best quirky sitcoms to come out in quite some time, and I'd suggest it to anyone.

EnderWiggin 05-12-2009 10:01 PM

Thanks for the shoutout leXX :)

Episode was great, guys. Only complaint I have is that I don't get them more often :xp:

_EW_

M@RS 05-12-2009 11:09 PM

Glad to see Episode 6 finally out. :D
Hehe, love the intro.

edlib 05-13-2009 05:00 AM

"So much for the blue-milk run..."
:joy:

Lexx makes a kick-ass Mon Mothma! :D

:thmbup1:

Darth Groovy 05-14-2009 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edlib (Post 2623882)

We love exploiting her awesome London accent, but since she loves doing it, it's all win win! :D

Taak Farst 05-14-2009 07:44 AM

Nice one on the Xbox 360 Jae! I loved it when I got one,
before i listened, I took notice to your sig new 360 gamercard :D

EDIT: omg, I looked at Marius' and Lexx's corrie/enders conversation - and I *JUST* realised that Lexx is from london..
Awesome..:D

EDIT2: I HAVE SEEN GHOSTBUSTERS :D

leXX 05-14-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edlib (Post 2623882)

lol thanks. XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Groovy (Post 2624109)
We love exploiting her awesome London accent, but since she loves doing it, it's all win win! :D

I feel so used. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taak Farst (Post 2624125)
EDIT: omg, I looked at Marius' and Lexx's corrie/enders conversation - and I *JUST* realised that Lexx is from london..
Awesome..:D

<-- *Looks at Location* Ahem. :p

Taak Farst 05-14-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leXX
<-- *Looks at Location* Ahem. :p

Omg, I know!! - even when you were going on bout riddick not being out where u r yet i didnt realise!!

And I have played Noone lives forever 1+2 - a few years back - took me a while to remember the games until I was cleaning my room out and came across the first one - then it clicked

Nedak 05-15-2009 11:52 PM

Great episode guys, wonderful editing in the beginning.

Astrotoy7 05-16-2009 01:03 AM

Super stuff! Like the JO Opening ;)

I dont see the problem with lexxy using the word awesome... A bit of research will reveal she practically owns the word... ;)
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...rotoy7/def.png

mtfbwya

Jae Onasi 05-16-2009 01:23 PM

@Astro--funny entry! :lol:

leXX 05-16-2009 03:43 PM

lol :D

RoxStar 05-17-2009 04:28 PM

GROOVES YOU DIDN'T TALK ABOUT PSYCH!

D:

acdcfanbill 05-17-2009 09:16 PM

Psych is probably the biggest show of practically only 80s in jokes ever, that might be why I like it so much.

Rogue Nine 05-18-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxStar (Post 2624982)
GROOVES YOU DIDN'T TALK ABOUT PSYCH!

D:

I'm so glad no one reminded him because that would have meant another 10 minutes I would have had to cut out. :xp:

Darth Groovy 05-18-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine (Post 2625123)
I'm so glad no one reminded him because that would have meant another 10 minutes I would have had to cut out. :xp:

What he said. There was not enough time to talk about all the shows I liked, and everyone got pissed off when I started talking about the ones that I did like. A LOT got cut out of this one in that spot.

Rogue Nine 05-18-2009 12:56 PM

We didn't get pissed Grooves, we just thought it was funny.

"TRANQ HIM!"

:joy:

Jae Onasi 05-18-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Groovy (Post 2625213)
What he said. There was not enough time to talk about all the shows I liked, and everyone got pissed off when I started talking about the ones that I did like. A LOT got cut out of this one in that spot.

Hey--I LOVE Dog the Bounty Hunter! :lol:

Darth Groovy 05-19-2009 04:07 AM

It's a midwest thing Jay. Niner will never understand! :D

Mandalore The Shadow 05-19-2009 08:35 PM

Great episode i loved Bloopertime the most Keep up the good work

@Groovy: I agree totaly with your sig pic can i use it too so as to spread the message?
and Groovy whats wrong with KotOR it happens to be my favorite Lucasarts Game

Tommycat 05-20-2009 04:52 AM

Um... Already a ghostbusters game haha
View page
YouTube Video

Darth Groovy 05-23-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandalore The Shadow (Post 2625681)
Great episode i loved Bloopertime the most Keep up the good work

@Groovy: I agree totaly with your sig pic can i use it too so as to spread the message?
and Groovy whats wrong with KotOR it happens to be my favorite Lucasarts Game

You are more than welcome to share the sig, spread the truth brotha!

Count the amount of times that Kotor has been mentioned in all six podcasts, and tell me what the problem is! :p

Jae Onasi 05-23-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Groovy (Post 2626647)
Count the amount of times that Kotor has been mentioned in all six podcasts, and tell me what the problem is! :p

Problem? There's no problem here.... ;P

LordOfTheFish 05-23-2009 10:05 AM

Great cast yet again!

Mandalore The Shadow 05-23-2009 08:49 PM

Groovy i have to go with Jai on this one but im with you on the whole clone wars thing

EDIT: How can i have more than one sigpic? because i like the one i have as well

Darth Groovy 05-24-2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandalore The Shadow (Post 2626819)
Groovy i have to go with Jai on this one but im with you on the whole clone wars thing

EDIT: How can i have more than one sigpic? because i like the one i have as well

You can have more than one picture in your sig. All you need to do is place the link inside the image tags. Your current sig is pretty small, so I would post the link with the image tags BEFORE the link in your current sig. There is a thread in Yoda's swamp regarding sigs, and there is also help in the feedback forums to make this work.

Just for example, this is how my sig looks:

[URL=http://www.lucascast.com/][IMG]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/96/l_1d2549e4396d4bf4a8bbc73617497ab7.gif[/IMG][/url][url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Darth+Groovy][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/black/Darth+Groovy.png[/img][/url]

Mandalore The Shadow 05-24-2009 04:08 PM

Thanks Groovy

jrrtoken 06-01-2009 09:20 AM

So, I guess no more LucasCast for a while, right? :(

Jae Onasi 06-01-2009 10:51 AM

We recorded session 7 yesterday. The bloopercast we were planning to release a little while back turned out to be too short to release, so it was decided that that particular cast would be on hold until we made some more flub-ups (don't worry, we never have a problem making flub-ups :D ).

So, we should have a new cast for you soon! Thanks so much for your interest, too. It means a lot to us to know that you're enjoying listening.

Lynk Former 06-01-2009 04:26 PM

Wait, no bloopercast?! *runs around in circles*