LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Community Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=637)
-   -   Day of the Tentacle 2?! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=198531)

purple_tentacle_ 06-20-2009 05:04 PM

Day of the Tentacle 2?!

Have any of you seen this site yet? It is day of the tentacle 2 rumored to come out. There isnt a realese date but I am hoping that they will keep working on this thing. There is a video on youtube or on there website showing real gameplay. I personaly think it would be best if Teltale Games take over the Maniac Mansion series just like they did with sam and Max or Monkey Island. I like teltale games but I think it would be best if Lucasarts continued all of these titles. But the bigest market with lucasarts is star wars so it would make sence if they gave the uncontinued adventure games to teltale. Give me you opinions on this!

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to add that this is a fan made game and is not assosiated with Lucasarts in anyway.

ALSO CHECK OUT THE OTHER DOTT THREAD I HAVE MADE

Check out the 3D DOTT thread and the DOTT Forum thread and our

FAQ
Quote:

Q:Is it in anything besides German?
A: Yes its going to be released in German then English. To change the language on the site use the lever to the right.
Show spoiler

Quote:

Q: Is this by Lucasarts?
A: NO. This is just a Fan Made Game.
Quote:

Q: Is it realy going to be released or is this project dead?
A: Yes it will be released and no this project is alive and going well. Most of the forums are in German but translated they say its going well and will be released in germany soon and then the U.S.
Quote:

Q: Is there going to be a demo or trailer?
A: Yes there will be a Demo only released to the creators and project team. Yes there is a trailer located on ther website under MEDIA.
Show spoiler
or on yourube.

acdcfanbill 06-20-2009 05:26 PM

Maniac Mansion 3!??!?!

I wouldn't hold my breath, but if Secret of Monkey Island SE and Tales of MI do well, we might see it.

urluckyday 06-20-2009 10:01 PM

I'm pretty sure that's just a fan-game or fan adaptation...

Darth Zavier 06-20-2009 10:08 PM

I never heard of it.

urluckyday 06-21-2009 11:25 PM

^What Day of the Tentacle???

Darth Zavier 06-22-2009 01:20 PM

No.

urluckyday 06-25-2009 12:35 AM

^Is it in anything besides German?

purple_tentacle_ 06-25-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdcfanbill (Post 2637616)
Maniac Mansion 3!??!?!

I wouldn't hold my breath, but if Secret of Monkey Island SE and Tales of MI do well, we might see it.

Ya but this is a fanmade so theres no telling. I am pretty shure they will go through with it. there are many fanmade maniac mansions. Theres a website with all maniac mansion and day of the tentacle fanmades. I will try to find it and give you the link.

StarWarsGooN 07-22-2009 06:28 PM

Tim Shafer will probably ultimately be the one who decides to continue a sequel game of Day of the Tentacle. I've always clamored for the story of Day of the Tentacle 2: Purple Tentacle's Revenge, just to follow the title similarities of the Secret of Monkey Island series.
The next generation adventure type game of this sort will probably be 3D or third person.
2D point and click interface is probably ancient history though I wouldn't mind seeing or playing either way.

purple_tentacle_ 07-22-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarWarsGooN (Post 2653704)
Tim Shafer will probably ultimately be the one who decides to continue a sequel game of Day of the Tentacle. I've always clamored for the story of Day of the Tentacle 2: Purple Tentacle's Revenge, just to follow the title similarities of the Secret of Monkey Island series.
The next generation adventure type game of this sort will probably be 3D or third person.
2D point and click interface is probably ancient history though I wouldn't mind seeing or playing either way.

Well This is a fan made and I made another thread on a episodic DOTT if you want to check it out. DOTT's graphics have always been like your watching a 2d cartoon. I have never (and probably everyone else) thought that the graphics could be better (Now days they could but when it was still pretty new) or that it should be in 3d. But The graphics are the same old 2d graphics (In the fan made) but of course less pixely. I was kinda doubting that if they continue the series (Or if Telltale does take it off lucasarts hands they will continue it episodic) they would be in 3d. But I was also doubting Sam and Max in 3d. But I think that Sam and Max are easier characters to make the transition from 2d to 3d and as for DOTT The characters would be kinda hard to put in 3d especialy since they are more cartoonish characters.

purple_tentacle_ 07-23-2009 01:01 AM

Check out the 3D DOTT thread and the DOTT Forum thread also.

Tobias Reiper 07-27-2009 04:15 AM

To be a nerd for a second, wouldn't it be Days of the Tentacle then?
Nerd off, Geek on.
I'm not really hyped about it, mainly due to the fact that TOR will reign awesome for the next few years so it's really the only thing getting my attention.

purple_tentacle_ 07-29-2009 02:57 PM

UPDATE

The Website has been updated it is officialy active. They have finished the SFX for the team Demo. I am getting exited. But sice they are short on time and resorces the first game will be released in german then they will release it in englishs so thats kinda disapointing.

purple_tentacle_ 07-31-2009 09:34 PM

TICKER HISTORY UPDATED

Show spoiler

purpur 04-03-2010 01:40 PM

hi there!

as i see, a ROTT (return of the tentacle) thread already exists.
at first i am glad to see, that our project seems to be interesting out there ... so i gets a bit international. ;)

i am one of the graphic artists. i just want to inform you about our quantum jump, the demo version is almost ready 2 go!
a few months ago, i have made a kind of promotion video hoping to get some help.
we are working hard day by day, but our small number of members (especially graphic artists) constricts our fluent and efficient work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osAMPo40MZo

would be nice to hear from you.
if there is anyone of you who wants to take part: we would welcome you!

greetings from good (c)old germany

purpur 05-24-2010 06:40 AM

hey guys,

we have some news for you:
about two weeks ago, we've started the first test runs for a new engine. today it's official: from now on, we'll work with the wintermute engine.
as some of you maybe already know, we were using the visionaire engine.
the visionaire-team did a great job and we'll miss their support in any case.
visionaire is an easy to use programming software, which also allows greenhorns to develop their own games.

especially since the last few months, results get better and better.
it's our goal to bring you the best adventure gaming experience. just to make that sure, we immediately count on the wintermute engine.

enclosed you can see a brand new ingame screenshot of bernards journey through ... whatever. you'll find out in the full version. ;)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2227/screencn.png

visit us:
www.dott2.org

mail us:
info@dott2.org

purpur 06-27-2010 08:35 PM

hey guys,

here, take a look at the final character design.
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5621/castq.png
hope you like it.

ps:
programming is progressing very well.

greetings

or better this one? ;)
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6831/27456270.png

urluckyday 06-27-2010 11:02 PM

Coolio. Hope you end up finishing it!

purpur 10-27-2010 03:24 AM

long time no see.
this time, we've got a making-of video for you. it's a bit fast, but i think it would be more exhausting to watch somebody drawing for two or three hours.
View page
YouTube Video
View page
YouTube Video

have fun!

greenwich 01-02-2012 05:31 AM

Yeah..Its been a long time that i haven't seen ...