LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Holowan Laboratories (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   [WIP] Quanons Crazy Projects! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=200556)

Quanon 09-17-2009 05:21 PM

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Since WIP threads are taking Holowan by storm again, well so it seems these days, I thought I join the frenzy!

Yeah, I said I stopped modding, but the bug has me bitten again, well it never left would be closer to the trueth.

But, hey, you're not here to read my rambling thought, you're here to see, what I've been doing.

So... let's see.

ACTIVE PROJET: Korriban Expanded.

The idea here is to revised my old Temple. Its a real old mod done by me and I found it needed a sort of 2.0 version.

Ofcourse just making a temple and dump it somewhere isn't that nice. So I had the idea to enlarge Korriban, just a bit, so it would all fit together better.

The plan:

- Add a canyon.
- Add ruined part of an old Sith city
- Add temple and its interiour
- Add possible a Palace and its interiour.

In all these areas, there will be some baddies to fight and some goodies to find. No real large quest thing, just some good old exploring!

The progress so far? The canyon is almost finished in the texture department, from there its going to get a walkmesh and some export mania happens: with hopefully a good looking area in the game.

Here are a few renders of various stages of the model:

ACTIVE PROJET: Aliens.

You can read more about this in J7's thread, but I might dump some modelling shots in here aswell.

Pending PROJET: Aqualaris.

This baby has been in production for almost a year. It all started with some crazy chatting with GloveMaster, before we knew it we had some nice ideas and agreed to work it out.

Its a large thing, as its a new planet, with a large quest! The planet itself is like Taris meets Manaan, underwater city fun, though without the Selkath. ;)

Its run by big Arkanian medicale firms and they're doing stuff that can't see the day light and it just so happens it all goes wrong when you're there.

If it evers gets finished this puppy will be made out of 8 to 9 new module models. So far about 3 of them are in game.

Not only are there new module models, but a ton of new placeables I just created for this setting. Of course most of the stuff is still just ideas in a notepad, but I'll do my best and keep working on this, its just not my highest priorty right now.

Some screenshots of an area dubbed the Residential Zone aka shopping, drinking cantina and a Pazaak den!

Pending PROJET: Scrapyard Games.

Yeah, this oldy still hasn't been released, thanks to real life!
Glovemaster was my main compadré on this project to, saddly, "EVIL" college has taken his time away.

So its again on a hold, untill I learn some better scripting I might get this out on my own. Most things are finished on this mod.

Well that wraps it up, on what've been doing.
Stay tuned for more news!

Oh, linky to my Photobucket, if you want to see more shots and renders:
CLICK ME

Doc Valentine 09-17-2009 05:25 PM

EHEY! You finally made that WIP thread of yours Q! It looks lovely, I'm still digging that canyon. Not literally, that's kind of your job :P, but yea.

I will definitely stay tuned to see what progress you make in this whole shpeel. Consider me a loyal viewer ^_^

-Doc

Quanon 09-17-2009 05:40 PM

Thanks Doc, I'll try to keep this updated with interesting stuff :)

Lets hope this gives me more, what ya call it, steam, energy to go on!
And show off :xp:

I'm still the master [/fathead] :lol:

VarsityPuppet 09-17-2009 05:44 PM

Aha! That Korriban module looks fantastic! And so does Aqualaris!

ohh. I can't wait Quanon! Please work faster? :)

HdVaderII 09-17-2009 05:48 PM

Wow Q, those modules look great! Good to see you back and modding again.

redrob41 09-17-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quanon (Post 2673737)
Lets hope this gives me more, what ya call it, steam, energy to go on!
And show off :xp:

well, the more screen shots you post, the more we'll pat you on the back, and the more steam & momentum you'll build up :D

on that note: your canyon is looking pretty good :thumbsup:

jonathan7 09-17-2009 06:12 PM

As ever Q, your mods are made of win! :)

Totenkopf 09-17-2009 07:00 PM

Looks very interesting. Will keep an eye out for it .......:wid:

Laar_Dha 09-17-2009 07:08 PM

You do beautiful work. :thmbup1: The Korriban shots are really impressive. That red and black armor in the last screenshot is spiffy. Oh Heck, it all looks good. I like that window with the water behind it, too.:D

TriggerGod 09-17-2009 08:13 PM

I liked them all when you posted them in the group, Q. For some reason, they look better (not that they didn't already look good) in a WIP thread, instead of inside a social group.

Mono_Giganto 09-17-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laar_Dha (Post 2673768)
That red and black armor in the last screenshot is spiffy.

That armor is actually Prime's, it's available under "Imperial Knight" at FileFront.

@Q: Nice screens, I especially like the Korriban areas, they're very well done.

none223 09-17-2009 08:43 PM

That Korriban looks great! I played the Temple Mod, but didn't really enjoy the lack of plot or the half-done landscape. This one looks really good!
Is Aquilaris re-used or did you create it? It looks re-used (thats a compliment if you made it).

Also, looking at your photobucket pics, I noticed a lot:
-You have a LOT of screenies.
-You were working on a bunch of projects at one time.
-You used to be working on a custom module that included a custom model of Revan and 2 Tuk'atas? That looked really good; what happened to it?
-I did not know you worked on BOS:SR, but that stuff did look really good.
-You were working on a good-looking module of Mustafar, I think. What happened to that as well?

If you ditched them because of lack of plot, I could help you some with that =)

Disturbed205 09-17-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by none223 (Post 2673802)

-You used to be working on a custom module that included a custom model of Revan and 2 Tuk'atas? That looked really good; what happened to it?

I believe it was part of the SithRevan Tribute.

Laar_Dha 09-17-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mono_Giganto (Post 2673796)
That armor is actually Prime's, it's available under "Imperial Knight" at FileFront.

Thanks. I missed that one and I really like it.:thmbup1:

@ Quanon: And the modules are still beautiful work. ;)

Sith Holocron 09-17-2009 11:53 PM

The last two pictures in the Korriban section remind me of the entrance to the temple where Harrison Ford retreived the Holy Grail (briefly) in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

DarthStoney 09-18-2009 07:47 AM

Simply Awsome Q:thmbup1: and as always if you need mini-maps just say so!

disbeliever 09-18-2009 08:36 AM

You've got a lot going on buddy ;)

newbiemodder 09-18-2009 09:34 AM

Q..your valley is awesome..great minds must think alike. I always thought Korriban was a little lacking. I'm working on reskin of 902Mal to be a valley floor where you enter behind the EH and find a secret sith academy(traya acad reskin)...I'm using 506ond, queens palace, for the inside of the acad reskinned of course..

darth-me 09-18-2009 12:00 PM

Great work Quanon! Love it when a great modder makes a WIP :). Now I've got another thread to drool over.
Which game is the Korriban Expansion for? I can see that Aqualaris is for K2, but I'm i'n the dark on Korriban...
Anyway, great work!

Darth Payne 09-18-2009 12:55 PM

Wow, those mods have me drooling.

Darth Darkus 09-18-2009 01:13 PM

NICE!!!! Korriban is one of my favourite Planets in TSL great that there is an expension to come!

Quanon 09-18-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2673849)
The last two pictures in the Korriban section remind me of the entrance to the temple where Harrison Ford retreived the Holy Grail (briefly) in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Héhéhé, well, the temple, I think its a roman thing, in the movie was based on this real place, somewhere in the middle east... IIRC.

Anyway, since I started to think about the canyon and how to fill it with good looking things, that Indie theme kinda popped up in my head :lol:

Quote:

That Korriban looks great! I played the Temple Mod, but didn't really enjoy the lack of plot or the half-done landscape. This one looks really good!
Is Aquilaris re-used or did you create it? It looks re-used (thats a compliment if you made it).

Aqualaris is all made from scratch mate, nothing re-used, that was infact the challenge. Do a big mod without re-using anything from the games.

Quote:

-You have a LOT of screenies.
-You were working on a bunch of projects at one time.
-I did not know you worked on BOS:SR, but that stuff did look really good.
-You were working on a good-looking module of Mustafar, I think. What happened to that as well?
If you ditched them because of lack of plot, I could help you some with that =)

- The Residential Zone of Aqualaris has been tweaked endlessly and a lot of re-exports. So a lot of shots was needed to show the differance to GM and of course just for fun.

- Well... Korriban is very recent, I think about 2 weeks now. Aqualaris is somewhere from last year December. Scrapyard Games I won't talk about :lol:

- Revan and 2 tukata's was in memory for SithRevan, a very good modder and friend of us, who took his own life... its, well, very sad... So far I've no idea if its actually that morale to release a mod, even if it is in his honour, I just have doubt.

- Ah, BoS: SR, did 4 models for that: Mandalores Bridge, The hidden temple in that large cave, centrale room and a large cliff path thing at the end of the mod.

- Mustafar look-alike is a very old crazy idea, it involved Stargate into Star Wars, but I never got far... And in the end I wasn't pleased with it. So its scrapped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mono_Giganto (Post 2673796)
@Q: Nice screens, I especially like the Korriban areas, they're very well done.

Thank you, the canyon is just one area. And there are only shots shown of that, because, well, thats all I made so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darth-me (Post 2673942)
Great work Quanon! Love it when a great modder makes a WIP :). Now I've got another thread to drool over.
Which game is the Korriban Expansion for? I can see that Aqualaris is for K2, but I'm i'n the dark on Korriban...
Anyway, great work!

Aqua is TSL.
Korriban Expanded, is for K1. Though I'll release it later for TSL aswell.
I just need to find some other ways how you can get there. The overall little hook I planned to link my areas fits better with K1, as the Sith are active there. Looking for ancient ruins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbiemodder (Post 2673913)
Q..your valley is awesome..great minds must think alike. I always thought Korriban was a little lacking. I'm working on reskin of 902Mal to be a valley floor where you enter behind the EH and find a secret sith academy(traya acad reskin)...I'm using 506ond, queens palace, for the inside of the acad reskinned of course..

Nice to hear, but so far, like I said above, Korriban Expanded is for K1.

Thanks for the great responses everybody; critics may be given aswell, though I can't promise if I'll follow them :xp:

Demongo 09-18-2009 01:27 PM

Wow! Amazing!!! Korriban will be my favourite planet!:D

Slstoev 09-18-2009 02:01 PM

Some of the pics of the expanded Korriban remind of Tatooine

Marius Fett 09-18-2009 02:24 PM

You finally made your WIP thread then, eh Q?

You've been saying you're going to for long enough. :p

@Everyone else: those Aqualaris areas look even better when you're actually ingame. ;)

none223 09-18-2009 03:13 PM

Heyy, since Aquilaris is a custom module, couldn't you put it in both K1 and TSL? I only have K1, but would it be possible to put it in both games?
I know that some of the NPCs would look different, but it seems like the basic concept would be the same.....

Quanon 09-18-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slstoev (Post 2673973)
Some of the pics of the expanded Korriban remind of Tatooine

In what way, if I may ask. Is it all the sand ?
Or something else, I'm curious :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius Fett (Post 2673978)
You finally made your WIP thread then, eh Q?
You've been saying you're going to for long enough. :p
@Everyone else: those Aqualaris areas look even better when you're actually ingame. ;)

Tssss, don't spoil it for everyone you!

And yeah I finanly came clean :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by none223 (Post 2673987)
Heyy, since Aquilaris is a custom module, couldn't you put it in both K1 and TSL? I only have K1, but would it be possible to put it in both games?
I know that some of the NPCs would look different, but it seems like the basic concept would be the same.....

Well, TSL was chosen, because it offered more scripting power... or so GM made me believe. It also had to do I thought I could make this the BoS:SR mod for TSL, but.... that's perhaps taken it to far :lol:

I can't promise you anything. As Aqualaris is well, more at the back now. I'm not certain how fast I'll shift back to that.

Now I do have a minor news/ update thing.
My PC has now been rendering for 2 days to get a small movie ready.
A fly through the canyon model. Its not that long but rendering takes time.
A lot of time.

Of course I could "waste' that time on getting the model in the game, but I just love doing these things. Plus I had to help around the house, these last 2 days, so I couldn't sit behind my PC anyway.

Anyway 2 sections of the little movie are ready, got about 3 to 4 more to do.
It takes like +- 4 minutes to render 1 frame. And I have 600 frames.

Well, it comes down to about +- 6 hours a part. Jolly :p

Sith Holocron 09-18-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quanon (Post 2673997)
My PC has now been rendering for 2 days to get a small movie ready. A fly through the canyon model. It's not that long but rendering takes time. A lot of time.

Of course I could "waste' that time on getting the model in the game, but I just love doing these things. Plus I had to help around the house, these last 2 days, so I couldn't sit behind my PC anyway.

Anyway, 2 sections of the little movie are ready, got about 3 to 4 more to do.
It takes like +/- 4 minutes to render 1 frame. And I have 600 frames.

Well, it comes down to about +/- 6 hours a part. Jolly :p

So . . .. about 24 hours plus the time it takes it to upload the whole thing somewhere?

DarthParametric 09-19-2009 01:36 AM

Some nice stuff there Quanon. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quanon (Post 2673964)
Héhéhé, well, the temple, I think its a roman thing, in the movie was based on this real place, somewhere in the middle east... IIRC.

That would be Petra, located in current day Jordan. It was originally an Arabic city, but the Romans took it over (which ultimately lead to its demise).

Quanon 09-19-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2674014)
So . . .. about 24 hours plus the time it takes it to upload the whole thing somewhere?

Hahahaha, yeah, the 2 parts I have now are 150 Mb together. Once I got it all I'll need to "glue" it together and dumb it on youtube or something. Quality will be lost a bit though.

No matter :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthParametric (Post 2674132)
That would be Petra, located in current day Jordan. It was originally an Arabic city, but the Romans took it over (which ultimately lead to its demise).

Héhéhé, thanks for the cool linky :D

Slstoev 09-19-2009 06:15 AM

Quanon it looks like korriban looks as if it's tatooine because the look of the buildings,their color,all the sand and it looks a little too cheery to be korriban .

TriggerGod 09-19-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slstoev (Post 2674160)
Quanon it looks like korriban looks as if it's tatooine because the look of the buildings,their color,all the sand and it looks a little too cheery to be korriban .

Well how dark and gloomy can you make an outside module, when its light out?

I'm can be sure that when your inside, it won't be "cheery". ;)

Salzella 09-19-2009 01:33 PM

hooo-leeee ****. those look incredible!

is the Aqualaris project based off Bioshock in any way? and the modules also remind me of Mass Effect.

did i mention these are amazingly amazing?

Quanon 09-19-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salzella (Post 2674230)
hooo-leeee ****. those look incredible!

is the Aqualaris project based off Bioshock in any way? and the modules also remind me of Mass Effect.

did i mention these are amazingly amazing?

Héhhéhé, I did play a lot of Mass Effect and I did like the sleek look of certain things in that game. I also wanted to go for this white look, like you have in princess Leieas ship at the start of EP IV.

Never played Bioshock, but GM was a huge fan, so things might have snuck in that way :)

Ping 09-19-2009 04:15 PM

Out of curiosity, I can't help but wonder if you'll try to put in a swoop race in Aquilaris, seeing how it appeared in Episode 1 Racer and all.

Anyways, this is one nice project you've decided to do. Great work! :thmbup1:

Quanon 09-19-2009 04:17 PM

It appeared in that racing game ? :confused:

Didn't now that :lol:

Ping 09-19-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quanon (Post 2674259)
It appeared in that racing game ? :confused:

Didn't now that :lol:

Yep, it did, along with a bunch of other planets. Have you ever played it, or did you just forget about it? ;)

Sith Holocron 09-19-2009 06:41 PM

Aqualaris in Episode I Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfbJzf45uo

This video isn't great but it's the only one I could find.

Archonon 09-21-2009 12:38 AM

Your WIPs look magnificent Quanon, it's amazing how far KotOR modding has been able to grow in spite all the limited resources. You guys do tremendous work!

Also thanks for still doing things for K1; I detest TSL, so I am so grateful to all the modders who continue to mod the original game with such quality content as BoS and now your amazing looking expansion of Korriban.

I eagerly await to see where you take the expansion :)

Quanon 09-21-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ping (Post 2674282)
Yep, it did, along with a bunch of other planets. Have you ever played it, or did you just forget about it? ;)

I did play that game a lot with friends. Didn't remember much of it really. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2674288)
Aqualaris in Episode I Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfbJzf45uo

This video isn't great but it's the only one I could find.

Héhéhé, thanks for that, my planet looks mighty differant though. But, hey, my mod takes place in the old republic, a long time before Anakin and the rest :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slstoev (Post 2674160)

Well Korriban and Tatooine are both desert planets, but Korriban is very red/orange. Tatooine, IIRC has only very open, dunes in the game.
And has more brown tones.

Now this is out door, and its less open then you think :)
Though the temple interiour will be darker, though don't expect it to look like the tombs.

The temple is not a grave, it was used by the Sith for all kinds of rituals.
I'm trying to show more of the old Sith as a civilazation, not just the place where the bury there dead lords.

Anyway perhaps I better get some ingame shots :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arconon (Post 2674631)
Your WIPs look magnificent Quanon, it's amazing how far KotOR modding has been able to grow in spite all the limited resources. You guys do tremendous work!
Also thanks for still doing things for K1; I detest TSL, so I am so grateful to all the modders who continue to mod the original game with such quality content as BoS and now your amazing looking expansion of Korriban.
I eagerly await to see where you take the expansion :)

Thanks for the support!

Kotor modding has taken a few bounds forward. Waiting on another one: lightmaps. That'll really finish the looks of our new made area models.
We're stuck with a very generale lighting and you can't really do very nice stuff with that.

Oh, I think I might have that little flythrough movie ready soon!
Tonight or perhaps tomorrow.

EDIT: Bad luck folks, me and dad where working on the attic. Replacing old insulation, when we hit an electric wire, a nice flash effect and we where in the dark.

So my render was interrupted by that accident, was already 7 hours into it, just needed to do 11 frames, but alas!

Anyway, I'll concentrate on the walkmesh tonight and then look when to finish that last long render. :)