LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Community Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=637)
-   -   President Of LucasArts Makes Abrupt Resignation (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203792)

Mafiozi 05-07-2010 03:53 AM

President Of LucasArts Makes Abrupt Resignation

"We have initiated a search for a new leader," a LucasArts statement to IGN said.

"Jerry Bowerman - a member of the Lucasfilm Board of Directors and a games industry veteran - will be stepping in to lead the LucasArts executive team during this transition."

Rodriguez has been president of LucasArts since April 2008, and his resignation comes as something of a surprise.

He had found favour with gamers by reviving parts of the vast LucasArts back-catalogue on Steam, as well as overseeing the special edition of Monkey Island and its companion sequel.

There are further unconfirmed reports that several members of Rodriguez's executive team have also left the company.

What comes?

Blix 05-07-2010 08:31 PM

This is a bad thing right (I mean can't GL step in and do whatever he wants anyway)?

urluckyday 05-08-2010 01:07 AM

This leaves the future quite open...will we see further opening of the back-catalog...or will they find someone who closes them back down to the LA we've known for so long?

Hallucination 05-08-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blix (Post 2723201)
This is a bad thing right (I mean can't GL step in and do whatever he wants anyway)?

Suddenly, Jar Jar cameos. Thousands of them.

Darth InSidious 05-08-2010 03:32 AM

My guess is Jedi Knight IV: The Clone Wars Era, Battlefront III: The Clone Wars (again), Knights of the Old Republic: The Clone Wars, Republic Commando II, and Droid Wing vs. Clone Fighter. With the possibility of Super Clone Racing and Yet Another Clone Wars FPS as well.

Blix 05-08-2010 06:14 AM

I will personally boycott any future Lucasarts games if that were to ever happen (though I cannot guarantee that I would get very far :p)

Darth Avlectus 05-08-2010 04:44 PM

@ DI: Boy I sure hope not. :(

Totenkopf 05-08-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth InSidious (Post 2723249)
My guess is Jedi Knight IV: The Clone Wars Era, Battlefront III: The Clone Wars (again), Knights of the Old Republic: The Clone Wars, Republic Commando II, and Droid Wing vs. Clone Fighter. With the possibility of Super Clone Racing and Yet Another Clone Wars FPS as well.

Oh, the horror, the horror. :hor: Republic Commando 2 sounds like the only one would be worth any time, anyway. As for the rest of that sarcastic :conspire: :migraine:

stormcrash 06-27-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth InSidious (Post 2723249)

yeah they should have stopped with the clone wars stuff after that 2 volume cartoon. that was cool then they went overboard with it

Darth Eclipse 07-02-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafiozi (Post 2723106)
"We have initiated a search for a new leader," a LucasArts statement to IGN said.

"Jerry Bowerman - a member of the Lucasfilm Board of Directors and a games industry veteran - will be stepping in to lead the LucasArts executive team during this transition."

Rodriguez has been president of LucasArts since April 2008, and his resignation comes as something of a surprise.

He had found favour with gamers by reviving parts of the vast LucasArts back-catalogue on Steam, as well as overseeing the special edition of Monkey Island and its companion sequel.

There are further unconfirmed reports that several members of Rodriguez's executive team have also left the company.

What comes?

Link please? Seriously, it's a good idea to include a link with this sort of thing so people will believe you.