LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Ahto Spaceport Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=325)
-   -   7up Yours! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204463)

ChAiNz.2da 06-25-2010 02:25 PM

7up Yours!

Been awhile since I started a frivolous poll.... but I saw this one on Eatocracy and thought it was pretty amusing (reading the comments). Thought it could be especially interesting amongst our worldwide demographic.

Being from Michigan.. it was always referred to as 'pop' however after moving down here to the South (TN).. it seems every carbonated drink seems to be 'coke' :lol:

For me personally however.. I've always called it "soda". Yeah, I roll like that...

While we're at it.. if you do drink this poison (literally :xp: ).. what's your fave?
I've pretty much abandoned the elixir.. except for the occasional mixer that involves the ingredient (Cap'n and Coke, yum) but in the hayday, Pepsi was my fav, followed by Mello Yello.

mimartin 06-25-2010 02:42 PM

At least around this area of Texas we use the term soft drink, but 'coke' still is used quite a bit (not by me).

I usually say Dr. Pepper and if they don’t have that I want sweet tea (and around here that does mean iced tea).

Lynk Former 06-25-2010 02:43 PM

Soft drink.... but since I only really drink Coke, that's the only word I need to remember XD

Sabretooth 06-25-2010 02:51 PM

ठंडा.

That's all there is.

Totenkopf 06-25-2010 02:51 PM

Soda. Cherry Coke (just coke when w/rum). Have preferred Pepsi to Coke, but kind of sick of both by now. Dr Pepper has been tolerable......but only when really cold. Rootbeer is ok, but best in a float.

mimartin 06-25-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totenkopf (Post 2734591)
Dr Pepper has been tolerable......

http://www.ryfest.com/wta/blasphemer_sm.jpg ;)

Ztalker 06-25-2010 04:07 PM

Over here in Holland (Belgium too?) we say 'Fris' which translates into 'Fresh.'

Quite stupid...

Pavlos 06-25-2010 04:10 PM

Coming from the North of England and, apparently, the 1950s, I call them fizzy drinks.

Pho3nix 06-25-2010 04:42 PM

Limu, which is short for limonaadi aka. lemonade.

Alexrd 06-25-2010 04:53 PM

In Portugal we call it: Refrigerante.

jawathehutt 06-25-2010 06:01 PM

I usually use soda but its not a big deal to me. People calling water/drinking fountains bubblers, now there's an issue.

Ping 06-25-2010 06:04 PM

Here in PA, it's just called soda.

Hallucination 06-25-2010 06:59 PM

We call it pop here. When I get some it's almost always coke, but that's a rare occasion.

urluckyday 06-25-2010 09:15 PM

As Minnesotan...of course I call it pop! Even now, out on the East Coast, I call it pop most of the time, but I have called it soda several times...bleck, what's wrong with me?

Q 06-25-2010 09:45 PM

I grew up in northern Indiana, so I called it "pop" when I lived there. Down here, people have no clue what "pop" is, so I call it "soda", now.

urluckyday 06-25-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Q (Post 2734689)
I grew up in northern Indiana, so I called it "pop" when I lived there. Down here, people haven't a clue what "pop" is, so I call it "soda", now.

lol same. I get laughed at now if I say "pop."

TriggerGod 06-25-2010 10:00 PM

I personally call it soda, but I have caught myself calling it cola at times.

Darth Avlectus 06-26-2010 03:35 AM

I like most anything that is carbonated. Hence I am always passing gas. :p

I used to be an energy drink aficionado until some of the negative side effects were affecting my health...I usually take 2 days to down a Bawls g33k b33r.

Love Crush strawberry, Snake River and Sioux City Sarsparillas, Jones' cream/green apple/blueberry lemonade, Teddy's root beer, Go2 Cola (yeah, that's right generic because coke and especially pepsi both SUCK), Orange soda (Watched Keenan and Kel--it's true-uuu I do I do I do-ooo), and homemade sodas are the bomb. Root beer of all kinds, actually. Faygo brand sodas (LOOOONG before ICP made it famous), Rock'n'Rye and some others...really it's all just like safeway generic brand but in a glass bottle. Bubble up lemon lime and any other "Pure Cane Sugar" sodas.

Lastly, I call fizzy stuff Martinelli's or any other bubbly cider...and I call white champagne "Fizzy-Piss" because I picked it up from watching the Osbournes. Blame Sharon.

RC-1162 06-26-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth (Post 2734590)
ठंडा.

That's all there is.

Haha, I'm with you there.

In non-Hindi speaking crowds I say "coke" though. Cause Coke is really the only soft drink I like.

Astrotoy7 06-26-2010 09:53 AM

When speaking to someone in English I usually say "coke"

When speaking to someone on Turkish I usually say "kola"

I mainly drink Pepsi Max :D If playin soccer or out on a hike, I always pack a red gatorade - because scientifically red is the best one ;)

mtfbwya

Lynk Former 06-26-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-1162 (Post 2734755)
Haha, I'm with you there.

In non-Hindi speaking crowds I say "coke" though. Cause Coke is really the only soft drink I like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ankacoke-1.gif

SpaceAlex 06-26-2010 02:19 PM

I call it... poison. :D

Water FTW!

mimartin 06-26-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAlex (Post 2734817)

Water FTW!

I see you have never drank the water around here. It will rust your pipes. :drink1: :barf:

adamqd 06-26-2010 02:37 PM

Fizzy Bublech... it is good yah

LordOfTheFish 06-26-2010 03:03 PM

Usually I call it soda, but it comes out differently on occasion.

VarsityPuppet 06-26-2010 04:25 PM

Well, I usually use the term 'pop' to refer in general terms, but I usually always want something specific.

A coke, a pepsi, a Dr. P, a Crush (cherry, strawberry or grape), a root beer.

Oh, my other favorite is "stay awake juice" but that's usually only limited to caffeinated beverages in general.

Lynk Former 06-26-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceAlex (Post 2734817)

Water FTW!

They must call you Mr. Bland.

Qui-Gon Glenn 06-26-2010 11:38 PM

I call it a tasty beverage :afro1:

Totenkopf 06-26-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn (Post 2734918)

Wha, wha, what?!? *runs before GTA sees post*

Also, what sodas/pops, etc.. do people here like to mix with their booze?

mimartin 06-26-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totenkopf (Post 2734921)

Ice

Trench 06-27-2010 12:08 AM

I'm from the south. It's all Coke. Unless it's Izze.

Sabretooth 06-27-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

This thread just ended right here, mother****ers.

SpaceAlex 06-27-2010 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimartin (Post 2734818)
I see you have never drank the water around here. It will rust your pipes. :drink1: :barf:

Where "around here" is that exactly? Anyway, it is possible that they fill those soda cans with that filthy water of yours (for better flavor, haha). How could you tell? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2734889)
They must call you Mr. Bland.

Those pretty colors will make you blind soon enough. :xp:

Darth Avlectus 06-28-2010 02:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totenkopf (Post 2734921)
Wha, wha, what?!? *runs before GTA sees post*

SAY WHAT AGAI--.........>_<

Damn, ran away already. :swear:

Quote:

Here's one I forgot that might go nicely: Waialua Vanilla Cream soda, should be easily found at Raley's. :thmbup1:

Red Dead cream soda is good as well.

And blueberry soda goes nice in a lager.

Energy drinks like rockstar, monster, full throttle (preferably blue demon), and lost all seem like favorites amongst drinkers though I'd caution stimulants with downers is kind of dangerous for your system. They don't "cancel out" despite what some say. I'd caution you and anyone else here to be careful not to overdo super-stimulants. I used to be a junkie for it.

Try Bawlz g33k b33r as it tastes the best and is smaller, comparatively. If you *must* use super-stims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth (Post 2734943)
This thread just ended right here, mother****ers.

:devsmoke:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jai'galaar Bralor (Post 2734924)
I'm from the south. It's all Coke. Unless it's Izze. Then it's better.

Goes well with italian deli. :kamina:

Arannor 06-28-2010 03:44 AM

I mostly call it pop and have always called it that, but on occasions I do call it soda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da (Post 2734577)
While we're at it.. if you do drink this poison (literally :xp: ).. what's your fave?
I've pretty much abandoned the elixir.. except for the occasional mixer that involves the ingredient (Cap'n and Coke, yum) but in the hayday, Pepsi was my fav, followed by Mello Yello.

My favorite is Pepsi and Mountain Dew. I do like Cap'n and Coke too, mostly around the holidays. Speaking of Elixir you reminded me of our old family business where we mixed all our pop together (Pepsi, MD, Siera Mist, Mug & Fruit Punch) and called it a 'Suicide'. Don't ask, the name was my brothers idea.

igyman 06-28-2010 04:31 AM

Here in Serbia, we call it "gazirani sok", which literally translates as carbonated juice. I myself occasionally drink Coke, but I used to drink Pepsi Max, Pepsi Twist and Fanta too, before I decided to cut down on the carbonated stuff. :)

RedHawke 06-28-2010 06:27 AM

Other, we here in [Arnold] 'Caulifornia' [/Arnold] use the actual brand names for drinks.

Mountain Dew was my poison, and then it really became poison for I drank too much and had a bout of kidney stones, that hath returned several times... that kills the addiction quick.

ChAiNz.2da 06-28-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi (Post 2735194)
Speaking of Elixir you reminded me of our old family business where we mixed all our pop together (Pepsi, MD, Siera Mist, Mug & Fruit Punch) and called it a 'Suicide'.

I remember 'suicides' :D

It was sort of a 'ritual' drink we would all have after ball games (playing or watching). However it was never a specific recipe. We would just go to concessions & mix together everything they had at the fountains. Surprisingly good (at the time).

Never had the kidney stones (ouch RH :( ) but yeah, in the same boat as the stuff literally turned to poison for me. That stuff is nothing but liquid calories. I have a pretty high metabolism, but even that stuff can catch up to you if you're even a smidgen non-active. After stopping drinking that stuff.. I was amazed at just how many pounds had melted off.

Drink in moderation kids :lol:

Jeff 06-28-2010 09:16 PM

Pop for life. Even after being out in CA the past two summers I will never be turned to "soda". I even got called out on being a midwesterner a few weeks ago at a restaurant when I said pop.

When I'm in charge, all those other words will be thrown out and it will be pop globally.

urluckyday 06-28-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 2735391)
When I'm in charge, all those other words will be thrown out and it will be pop globally.

I can live with that.