LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Force Unleashed 2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=767)
-   -   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205857)

Jedi Warrior 11-06-2010 02:07 PM

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC
 
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC Details Leaked :

http://www.ripten.com/2010/11/01/sta...etails-leaked/

More Sith DLC :(

Sordid Dreams 11-06-2010 02:43 PM

Oh, we're going to be fighting Ewoks. Oooh-aaah. Also a guy whose tactic when fighting Sith is to let them take his gun away and a girl. Sounds thrilling, can't wait.

Darth Maul costume... yeeeeaaaaah, so essentially the big news here is that we're getting back something we already had in TFU1. And unless they give us the double-bladed saber and the fighting style to go along with the looks, it's going to be just as lame, too.

Crystals, challenges... got those already, lame, move along.

The Deak Starkiller costume really shows just how desperate and uncreative LA are at the moment, dredging up character concepts that had been rejected thirty years ago. Also, is it just me or does Deak look rather feminine in that close-up screenshot? The wide chest and shoulders kinda spoil it, but looking just at the head it kinda seems to me like it's a girl under that mask.

Master-Kyle-Leeson09 11-06-2010 06:00 PM

Considering how hastily cooked TFU2 felt from the YouTube vids, I don't think DLC is anything special. Thank God I decided to get a better idea of the game before buying--this particular 'star wars' game is nothing worth cheering.

Alexrd 11-06-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2754995)
The Deak Starkiller costume really shows just how desperate and uncreative LA are at the moment, dredging up character concepts that had been rejected thirty years ago.

What?!

deesnyder 11-06-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755023)
What?!

What?

Alexrd 11-06-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755024)
What?

How does the Deak Starkiller costume (which is supposed to be an easter egg for fans) shows desperation or uncreativeness from LucasArts?

Sordid Dreams 11-06-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755028)
How does the Deak Starkiller costume (which is supposed to be an easter egg for fans) shows desperation or uncreativeness from LucasArts?

It's not supposed to be an easter egg, it's supposed to be a DLC and/or Collector's Edition content that you pay extra for. I really have no idea what LA are thinking. The costume selection in TFU2 is lousy, no Sith robes (the Dark Clone outfit is more of a coat than a robe), no Jedi robes, instead we have crap like fifteen versions of generic stormtrooper armor and a neimoidian. I mean, come on! Who wants to run around as a neimoidian with a lightsaber? And of course Boba Fett. Every SW game has to have a Fett in it, that's so damn old I'd have my mind blown if he hadn't been included. And then they come up with the idea that hey, maybe we'd be willing to pay them some more money to finally get a decent costume. And their idea of that is....? A goofy-looking character concept rejected thirty years ago with hair that's apparently made of plastic and wearing pink tights. Yeah, that's the stuff! I'm getting all excited.

Alexrd 11-06-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755033)
It's not supposed to be an easter egg, it's supposed to be a DLC and/or Collector's Edition content that you pay extra for. I really have no idea what LA are thinking. The costume selection in TFU2 is lousy, no Sith robes (the Dark Apprentice outfit is more of a coat than a robe), no Jedi robes, instead we have crap like fifteen versions of generic stormtrooper armor and a neimoidian. Who wants to run around as a neimoidian with a lightsaber? And of course Boba Fett. Every SW game has to have a Fett in it, that's so damn old I'd have my mind blown if he hadn't been included. And then they come up with the idea that hey, maybe we'd be willing to pay them some more money to finally get a decent costume. And their idea of that is....? A character concept rejected thirty years ago with hair that's apparently made of plastic and wearing pink tights. Yeah, that's the stuff! I'm getting all excited.

So, just because some outfits don't meet your tastes (it may meet others), does it mean they are bad or that LucasArts is desperate?

Sordid Dreams 11-06-2010 08:20 PM

Well let's see. I said they lack creativity. Creativity, that means creating something new, right? And using an old rejected concept for no other reason than to milk some more money out of the customers, does that qualify as creating something new? What do you think?

MajinMikeyX 11-07-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755034)
So, just because some outfits don't meet your tastes (it may meet others), does it mean they are bad or that LucasArts is desperate?

^ This. I mean, just look at my avatar. If I didn't like it, why would I have it as my avatar. I think the Dark Clone costume is completely badass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755037)
Well let's see. I said they lack creativity. Creativity, that means creating something new, right? And using an old rejected concept for no other reason than to milk some more money out of the customers, does that qualify as creating something new? What do you think?

In a way it actually is creative. It's never been brought into any Starwars game ever made until now. And if you don't like that idea then well you shouldn't have gotten the Collector's Edition then if you hate it so much.

deesnyder 11-07-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2755050)
^ This. I mean, just look at my avatar. If I didn't like it, why would I have it as my avatar. I think the Dark Clone costume is completely badass.

Well, your picture seems to have him with the hood on... While everyone liked that, no one like the fact that the hood was not there in the game. Ergo, you too didn't like the in game costume but the cutscene costume which i'm pretty sure sordid and myself loved.

deesnyder 11-07-2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2755050)
In a way it actually is creative. It's never been brought into any Starwars game ever made until now. And if you don't like that idea then well you shouldn't have gotten the Collector's Edition then if you hate it so much.

What the hell's up with you fanboy's bashing people who have gripes about the game. You like it , keep it to yourself... Anyway the general mentality doesn't seem inclined to be in your favour... About 80% of the gaming crowd found it pathetic. Not just your average gamer, but gaming websites as well. the reviews were abysmal, yet you still continue to praise and applaud the game.

Well the majority of us feel that LA should be completely flushed, start brainstorming and come up with new concepts. Whether the company does that or no is up to them, But if they do, you'll just have to make your peace with it. P.S. Gamespot score for the game was a "mediocre" 5.5 . Oh and deak starkiller????? George Lucas should put a bullet in himself after seeing that as his company's "Creativity".

Alexrd 11-07-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755037)
Well let's see. I said they lack creativity. Creativity, that means creating something new, right?

You also said it show how desperate LucasArts is. And I asked how does a skin of a concept art of the character that gave name to the protagonist of TFU show desperation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755037)
And using an old rejected concept for no other reason than to milk some more money out of the customers, does that qualify as creating something new? What do you think?

I think the skin is to pay homage to the original Starkiller and Ralph McQuarrie. As for "milk some more money out of the costumers", do you really think that? The costumer knows exactly what he is going to buy. If he likes it, then it's not considered milking money. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it. Once again, you are saying that just because you don't like the skin, it means that LucasArts is desperate or lacks creativity. That's a fallacy.

Alexrd 11-07-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755061)
What the hell's up with you fanboy's bashing people who have gripes about the game. You like it , keep it to yourself...

You know, that works the other way around, too. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755061)
Anyway the general mentality doesn't seem inclined to be in your favour... About 80% of the gaming crowd found it pathetic.

You mean the skin, or the game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755061)
Not just your average gamer, but gaming websites as well. the reviews were abysmal, yet you still continue to praise and applaud the game.

There were some reviews that praised the game, and weren't just 20%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755061)
Oh and deak starkiller????? George Lucas should put a bullet in himself after seeing that as his company's "Creativity".

Care to explain?

Anveena 11-07-2010 08:20 AM

A part of the DLC is already available for free for the PC users ;)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205787

(5 new challenges; 2 new costumes including Deak Starkiller and 2 new crystals).

By the way, you can edit the game pretty easily extracting pak2.lp and modifying the xml files with winrar (for instance, you can change the damage of the force powers and also the game scripts).

I played the game for 2-3 days and then got bored...

deesnyder 11-07-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755072)
You know, that works the other way around, too. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself.

Did i start questioning anyone's opinion anyone to "not keep it to myself"??? In fact the comment was not even RELATED to you and still you chose to reply so here goes again KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

But i guess some people are always ignorant, its like i'am screaming from a mountain top. Maybe you're just trying to convince yourself that the game's that good maybe not. i could care less cause i don't walk around with a blinker attached to my eyes so i'am pretty sure i can stick to my guns since i know what i'am talking about. The only reason i acted then was cause ignorance pisses me off.... I'am not asking anybody to be concerned about it though.

Alexrd 11-07-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755090)
Did i start questioning anyone's opinion anyone to "not keep it to myself"???

Yes, ever since you said "You like it , keep it to yourself...".

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755090)
In fact the comment was not even RELATED to you and still you chose to reply so here goes again KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I replied because you were being arrogant. And you still are, as seen above. That doesn't help in any civilized discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755090)
But i guess some people are always ignorant, its like i'am screaming from a mountain top.

I'm sorry, who was being ignorant about what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755090)
Maybe you're just trying to convince yourself that the game's that good maybe not.

"Maybe not" indeed, because I never said that the game is good or bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755090)
i could care less cause i don't walk around with a blinker attached to my eyes so i'am pretty sure i can stick to my guns since i know what i'am talking about.

I'm sure anyone here knows what they are talking about too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755090)
The only reason i acted then was cause ignorance pisses me off.... I'am not asking anybody to be concerned about it though.

But who was being ignorant, and how?

deesnyder 11-07-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755092)
Yes, ever since you said "You like it , keep it to yourself...".



I replied because you were being arrogant. And you still are, as seen above. That doesn't help in any civilized discussion.



I'm sorry, who was being ignorant about what?



"Maybe not" indeed, because I never said that the game is good or bad.



I'm sure anyone here knows what they are talking about too.



But who was being ignorant, and how?

My god you're full of questions, If you fail to read between the lines, well there's nothing i can do. I've got stuff to do. So see ya around.

Sordid Dreams 11-07-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2755050)
In a way it actually is creative. It's never been brought into any Starwars game ever made until now. And if you don't like that idea then well you shouldn't have gotten the Collector's Edition then if you hate it so much.

Well of course it wasn't brought into any Star Wars game, that's because it doesn't belong into Star Wars. It's a rejected concept art that didn't make it. I guess you consider the Guybrush Threepwood costume to be another brilliant pinnacle of creativity and originality. I don't mean to be hostile, but it's because of people like you that LA can get away with crap like this.
Also, FYI, I didn't buy the CE. I unlocked it by editing the files, which was a five minutes' job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755071)
You also said it show how desperate LucasArts is. And I asked how does a skin of a concept art of the character that gave name to the protagonist of TFU show desperation.

I don't think I could do a better job of explaining it than I already have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755071)
I think the skin is to pay homage to the original Starkiller and Ralph McQuarrie. As for "milk some more money out of the costumers", do you really think that? The costumer knows exactly what he is going to buy.

Wrong, the customer is deceived by the marketing. The Collector's Edition content is falsely being touted as exclusive, while in reality it is present even in the regular edition of the game and only disabled. Now you go ahead and tell me that's perfectly okay and you see nothing wrong with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755072)
You know, that works the other way around, too. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself.

Um... no? :D

MajinMikeyX 11-07-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755061)
What the hell's up with you fanboy's bashing people who have gripes about the game. You like it , keep it to yourself... Anyway the general mentality doesn't seem inclined to be in your favour... About 80% of the gaming crowd found it pathetic. Not just your average gamer, but gaming websites as well. the reviews were abysmal, yet you still continue to praise and applaud the game.

Well the majority of us feel that LA should be completely flushed, start brainstorming and come up with new concepts. Whether the company does that or no is up to them, But if they do, you'll just have to make your peace with it. P.S. Gamespot score for the game was a "mediocre" 5.5 . Oh and deak starkiller????? George Lucas should put a bullet in himself after seeing that as his company's "Creativity".

This again...well first, I wasn't bashing on him for not liking the costume. I was telling him that there are people who like it(myself and others) and some that just don't. And for the Deak Starkiller skin..if you don't want it, then don't get the CE, it's that simple. TBH though, I do think the Deak skin looks sooooo stupid, but you have to admit that it's never been done before.

In no way am I praising and applauding the game. It's just like the first one for me, just play through it and that's it. It's fun while it lasts. And "not just your average gamer"? Anybody who I hear talk about games, I've heard this quite a few times, "yeah blah blah yeah modern warfare blah blah. Oh yeah dude have you played the Force Unleashed? Oh yeah that game was badass and I don't even like Starwars." And most recently "...yeah the first one was good and then I played the second one and it's way more badass but it's just really short." The average gamer seems to like the game. You can disregard the quotes but that's what I heard.

When I look at this though, I seems to me like this game's made for certain types of Star Wars fans and average gamers.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755108)
Well of course it wasn't brought into any Star Wars game, that's because it doesn't belong into Star Wars. It's a rejected concept art that didn't make it. I guess you consider the Guybrush Threepwood costume to be another brilliant pinnacle of creativity and originality. I don't mean to be hostile, but it's because of people like you that LA can get away with crap like this.

The Guybrush Threepwood skin is stupid. Stupid character from a stupid game. " I guess you consider.." "because of people like YOU" man you guys in the Force Unleashed forums are really judgmental. Like Chris Tucker says in Rush Hour 1 "Man don't act like you know me! You don't know me!"

Sordid Dreams 11-07-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2755050)
I mean, just look at my avatar. If I didn't like it, why would I have it as my avatar. I think the Dark Clone costume is completely badass.

Actually, you don't. What you have is the cinematics version, with the hood up. Yes it's a slight difference, but c'mon, it does kinda ruin the in-game version, doesn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2755109)
This again...well first, I wasn't bashing on him for not liking the costume. I was telling him that there are people who like it(myself and others) and some that just don't. And for the Deak Starkiller skin..if you don't want it, then don't get the CE, it's that simple. TBH though, I do think the Deak skin looks sooooo stupid, but you have to admit that it's never been done before.

Yes it's never been done before, but as I said, that's for a good reason. You might just as well say that a gorilla suit costume has never been done before in SW, but that still doesn't make that a good idea or change the fact that it a) doesn't belong into SW and b) look lame.
For the record I do like the Dark Clone costume, my actual complaint was that the game contains no jedi or sith robes. As I said, the Dark Clone costume doesn't really qualify as robes, definitely not when you compare it to the robes from the first game with the huge flowing black cloak. It's more of a jacket with a hood, which look kinda odd. I mean, what the hell? A game about Jedi and Sith with no robes? That's like making a game about Nazis with no jackboots or stahlhelms in it.


Quote:

The Guybrush Threepwood skin is stupid. Stupid character from a stupid game.
Actually it's a pretty cool character from a pretty cool game, speaking of course about the 1990s ones. Haven't played the modern ones, nor do I plan to.
I don't get what it's doing in the game, either. Was it supposed to be like an easter egg? Then why wasn't it hidden like an easter egg should be? Or is the game so dumbed down that even easter eggs are presented to the gamer on a silver platter with no actual effort required to get them? Like I said, I don't get it. It was probably supposed to be funny, but somehow I don't find taking a completely unrelated character and randomly sticking him in the middle of a SW game to be amusing.

Quote:

" I guess you consider.." "because of people like YOU" man you guys in the Force Unleashed forums are really judgmental. Like Chris Tucker says in Rush Hour 1 "Man don't act like you know me! You don't know me!"
Like I said, I don't mean to be hostile. And yes, I don't know you, I base my reactions solely on what you write in your posts.

MajinMikeyX 11-07-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755114)
Actually, you don't. What you have is the cinematics version, with the hood up. Yes it's a slight difference, but c'mon, it does kinda ruin the in-game version, doesn't it?

Well I do like the In-Game version, but the cinematic-hood-up version is better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755114)
Yes it's never been done before, but as I said, that's for a good reason. You might just as well say that a gorilla suit costume has never been done before in SW, but that still doesn't make that a good idea or change the fact that it a) doesn't belong into SW and b) look lame.

Yeah. I'd much rather have a Kyle Katarn or Darth Revan costume or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755114)
For the record I do like the Dark Clone costume, my actual complaint was that the game contains no jedi or sith robes. As I said, the Dark Clone costume doesn't really qualify as robes, definitely not when you compare it to the robes from the first game with the huge flowing black cloak. It's more of a jacket with a hood, which look kinda odd. I mean, what the hell? A game about Jedi and Sith with no robes? That's like making a game about Nazis with no jackboots or stahlhelms in it.

Starkiller isn't really a Jedi I don't think, or a Sith for that matter. He's more in between. I'm not too sure but they should've put some robe costumes in the game that we'rent in the script, but were an option. I'd like some typical Jedi robes, like the tan and brown ones. And for the costumes that you get from TFU1, instead of the Sith Stalker and Ceremonial robes they should've had the Jedi Adventurer and the Sith robe.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755114)
Actually it's a pretty cool character from a pretty cool game, speaking of course about the 1990s ones. Haven't played the modern ones, nor do I plan to.

I could pull a "You like it , keep it to yourself..." kinda thing but I'm not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755114)
I don't get what it's doing in the game, either. Was it supposed to be like an easter egg? Then why wasn't it hidden like an easter egg should be? Or is the game so dumbed down that even easter eggs are presented to the gamer on a silver platter with no actual effort required to get them? Like I said, I don't get it. It was probably supposed to be funny, but somehow I don't find taking a completely unrelated character and randomly sticking him in the middle of a SW game to be amusing.

I don't get it either and don't think it's funny. When I got in the room to get it and heard the elevator music I was just like "huh what's going on?"

Astor 11-07-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams
Like I said, I don't get it. It was probably supposed to be funny, but somehow I don't find taking a completely unrelated character and randomly sticking him in the middle of a SW game to be amusing.

They (whoever 'they' were) probably thought that including one of LucasArts' best loved characters would remind people of their glory days and possibly show that they still care.

It certainly reminded me of their glory days. And how awful everything they've done since 2005 has been in comparison.

Alexrd 11-07-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755108)
I don't think I could do a better job of explaining it than I already have.

It's the model of the character that originally holded the name Starkiller. I still don't see desperation on their part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755108)
Wrong, the customer is deceived by the marketing. The Collector's Edition content is falsely being touted as exclusive, while in reality it is present even in the regular edition of the game and only disabled. Now you go ahead and tell me that's perfectly okay and you see nothing wrong with that.

You are attacking a straw man. This discussion was about the Deak Starkiller costume, not the exclusivity of it. The reason for why did you raise that subject is beyond me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755108)
Um... no? :D

The same way.

Sordid Dreams 11-07-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755127)
It's the model of the character that originally holded the name Starkiller. I still don't see desperation on their part.

No, I guess you really don't. That's really too bad, but there's nothing I can do about it that I haven't already tried.

Quote:

You are attacking a straw man. This discussion was about the Deak Starkiller costume, not the exclusivity of it. The reason for why did you raise that subject is beyond me.
I didn't, you did. You said the customers know what they're paying for and I demonstrated that is not so. Now that you've been proven wrong you're just backpedalling.

Zerimar Nyliram 11-07-2010 04:47 PM

Man, I figured they'd continue the non-canonical story of the Dark Apprentice via DLC, and I thought up some fairly cool scenarios as well; but I never thought they'd pit him against Ewoks! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX (Post 2755120)
Starkiller isn't really a Jedi I don't think, or a Sith for that matter. He's more in between. I'm not too sure but they should've put some robe costumes in the game that we'rent in the script, but were an option. I'd like some typical Jedi robes, like the tan and brown ones. And for the costumes that you get from TFU1, instead of the Sith Stalker and Ceremonial robes they should've had the Jedi Adventurer and the Sith robe.

That's correct. Although technically, even if he were to fully dedicated to either side, he was never a Jedi or a Sith because the Jedi and Sith are organized affiliations, of which he has never been formally inducted into either one. He's essentially just a lightsaber-wielding Force user.

Alexrd 11-07-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755132)
No, I guess you really don't. That's really too bad, but there's nothing I can do about it that I haven't already tried.

You could try to explain, but I understand that there is no possible explanation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755132)
I didn't, you did. You said the customers know what they're paying for and I demonstrated that is not so. Now that you've been proven wrong you're just backpedalling.

No. When someone bought the collector's edition, they knew they were going to receive the Deak skin. If they knew it and still bought the game, then it means they don't mind it at all, or that they even like this little homage. Don't bring another strawman in the future.

Sordid Dreams 11-07-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2755138)
You could try to explain, but I understand that there is no possible explanation.

I did try, several times, and in increasing levels of detail. You still don't see it, that's your problem. Of course, you could just be leading me on and making me feed you, in which case shame on me for going along with it so long. Most other people here understood where I was coming from after the first or second post.

Quote:

No. When someone bought the collector's edition, they knew they were going to receive the Deak skin. If they knew it and still bought the game, then it means they don't mind it at all, or that they even like this little homage. Don't bring another strawman in the future.
Yeah, they knew they were going to receive the Deak skin. What they didn't know is that they could get it with the regular edition as well. I did say that. Now I don't care if you're ignoring that point on purpose or are just not capable of grasping it, but I'm done with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram (Post 2755136)
That's correct. Although technically, even if he were to fully dedicated to either side, he was never a Jedi or a Sith because the Jedi and Sith are organized affiliations, of which he has never been formally inducted into either one. He's essentially just a lightsaber-wielding Force user.

That's my opinoin as well, but that didn't stop them from giving him jedi and sith robes in the first game. He's not a shapeshifter either, and yet he can assume the appearance of a neimoidian or wear a TIE flight suit that he presumably found in Vader's TIE fighter even though there's no reason for it to have been there. They're just costumes.

Alexrd 11-07-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755147)
I did try, several times, and in increasing levels of detail. You still don't see it, that's your problem. Of course, you could just be leading me on and making me feed you, in which case shame on me for going along with it so long. Most other people here understood where I was coming from after the first or second post.

No, you didn't. I'm asking if anyone here can show me how LucasArts show desperation by creating a Deak Starkiller skin. Nobody, specially you, who made that accusation, have managed to explain it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2755147)
Yeah, they knew they were going to receive the Deak skin. What they didn't know is that they could get it with the regular edition as well. I did say that. Now I don't care if you're ignoring that point on purpose or are just not capable of grasping it, but I'm done with it.

Yes, they didn't knew it was exclusive, but that has nothing to do with what we are discussing here. You keep hitting a straw man. But I see that you understood very well what I said before. You don't like it. Some people actually do like it and bought the collector's edition knowing this skin will be available for them to play, and you say that LucasArts is desperate just because they made a skin you don't like. Simple as that.

truJedi 11-07-2010 07:34 PM

the skin was pretty poor to be honest lol, if i knew thats what it would look like before i
baught the game , i would have beotherd with the collectors edition...same with the crystals it game with, they could not have piked a dumber colour for them lol.

Prime 11-08-2010 09:42 AM

Keep things civil, lads. I don't want to push the big red button...

Blix 11-08-2010 12:30 PM

We get to kill Ewoks?

Sordid Dreams 11-08-2010 01:44 PM

Yeah. Awesome, isn't it? Should be almost as exciting as killing Jawas.

deesnyder 11-08-2010 02:35 PM

Prime, if i may say so, please lock the thread... It doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. Whatta waste of cyberspace...

Sordid Dreams 11-08-2010 02:45 PM

Seems to be going just fine to me. I mean, it's an online forum thread about a videogame, where exactly do you think it should go?

Master-Kyle-Leeson09 11-08-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deesnyder (Post 2755217)
Prime, if i may say so, please lock the thread... It doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. Whatta waste of cyberspace...

More like a debate to me. Just a couple of forum dudes who have different opinions and having a heated "civil" discussion about it.

Prime 11-09-2010 03:28 PM

Needs more civil, less heated.

Eye of EVIL 04-11-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams (Post 2754995)
Oh, we're going to be fighting Ewoks. Oooh-aaah. Also a guy whose tactic when fighting Sith is to let them take his gun away and a girl. Sounds thrilling, can't wait.

Darth Maul costume... yeeeeaaaaah, so essentially the big news here is that we're getting back something we already had in TFU1. And unless they give us the double-bladed saber and the fighting style to go along with the looks, it's going to be just as lame, too.

Crystals, challenges... got those already, lame, move along.

The Deak Starkiller costume really shows just how desperate and uncreative LA are at the moment, dredging up character concepts that had been rejected thirty years ago. Also, is it just me or does Deak look rather feminine in that close-up screenshot? The wide chest and shoulders kinda spoil it, but looking just at the head it kinda seems to me like it's a girl under that mask.

lol..i like how your on about your opinion but it doesnt seem to bother LA or its the fact that you cant afford nor be good at any of LA's games.

lalalala!

Twilight-Kun 04-13-2012 08:42 AM

it's a great game if you take your time and try out every difficulty setting
(try beating Dagobah on Unleashed)

and the Gorog will destroy you if you're not fast enough

I love this game, even though my computer can barely handle it (Everything moves at maybe 1/3 speed, makes it real easy to set up saber combos but the button mashing segments can be tricky)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.