LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   [TSL] Dak's Armored Robes 2.0 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206352)

Dak Drexl 01-02-2011 02:31 PM

Dak's Armored Robes 2.0

This is an update to my previous "Republic Armored Robes" mod.

ReadMe:
Show spoiler

KotOR Files Review:
Show spoiler

Screens:

**Deadlystream Download Link**

Lord Dagron 01-03-2011 08:15 AM

Nice work. All the robes look awesome.

Qui-Don Jorn 01-03-2011 12:23 PM

Yeaaaah man!, I like the addition of the Marauder robe,...and the PC's general robe..and Malgus' robe (J7). Nice!
Very cool.

GeorgNihilus 01-03-2011 12:32 PM

Females now?? goodness ...

Well Dak, another impressive work of yours ... :thmbup1:

I really like specially how both the Armoured Marauder's robes and Darth Malgus' armor look, 'cause IMO the tunics fit better with the "impressive" armors below in these cases, maybe also because of the almost black textures. The ubese armor and the other black armor fit great below the jedi robes.

I think I'm gonna keep these 2 instead of Revan's robes ... yep. About the others, I'd like to have at least a couple of female armored robes but replacing the slave outfit column bothers me a little ... nevertheless; doing an uti with a twilek disguise for the dancer kit was a smart tweak indeed ... :nod: in case I do change my mind.

I'll probably replace the armored flight suits female column to try a couple of female armored robes ...

someone should have foreseen this game was gonna need additional appearance 'columns' to add outfits ... :raise: if it was possible to add 'unused' columns that is ...

thanks for sharing, outstanding job again :golfclap:

.:Lord Revan:. 01-03-2011 02:49 PM

Everything looks good as usual Dak :thumbsup:.

Sith Holocron 01-03-2011 04:09 PM

Could we get a close up of the medal on the robes?

(Thanks for the mention in the credits by the way!)

Dak Drexl 01-03-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus (Post 2762482)
Well Dak, another impressive work of yours ... :thmbup1:
I think I'm gonna keep these 2 instead of Revan's robes ... yep. About the others, I'd like to have at least a couple of female armored robes but replacing the slave outfit column bothers me a little ... nevertheless; doing an uti with a twilek disguise for the dancer kit was a smart tweak indeed ... :nod: in case I do change my mind.

I'll probably replace the armored flight suits female column to try a couple of female armored robes ...

thanks for sharing, outstanding job again :golfclap:

Thanks! These do replace the revan robe model, but the disguise robes should still work (never liked the regular star forge model anyway).

Quote:

someone should have foreseen this game was gonna need additional appearance 'columns' to add outfits ... :raise: if it was possible to add 'unused' columns that is ...
Yeah I really wish we could add more because then we would have unlimited possibilities of neat models :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2762518)
Could we get a close up of the medal on the robes?

(Thanks for the mention in the credits by the way!)

No problem - you were very helpful! The medal is just photo-sourced from some military medal, I can try to get a close-up or just find a picture similar to it.

Rtas Vadum 01-09-2011 12:16 AM

Not bad. Only problem I have, is that it seems the Exile's robe(and the items that come with it, that should be on the Harbinger), appears both where the plasteel cylinder where the Miner's Outfit should be, and near the one next to the terminal in the Fuel Depot(the one used to open the Airlock door).

Though, to be honest, adding the female robe to the female armor model wouldn't work?

Dak Drexl 01-09-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum (Post 2763411)
Not bad. Only problem I have, is that it seems the Exile's robe(and the items that come with it, that should be on the Harbinger), appears both where the plasteel cylinder where the Miner's Outfit should be, and near the one next to the terminal in the Fuel Depot(the one used to open the Airlock door).

Whoops, I though that the exile's locker was a safe .utp. I guess not...

Quote:

Though, to be honest, adding the female robe to the female armor model wouldn't work?
If it worked I would have done it. For some reason the female robes don't like to be added to anything or vice versa :mad:

Thanks for the feedback though!

GeorgNihilus 01-09-2011 10:35 PM

Well ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dak Drexl (Post 2763566)
Whoops, I though that the exile's locker was a safe .utp. I guess not...

Well that g_tresmillow007.utp has the tag MilLowFootLker, which is used many times in the game. There are even 2 or 3 g_tresmillow007.utp files in different modules ... so the outfit might appear in a bunch of places :raise: ...

I haven't found a single utp to place an outfit in the Harbinger, not with a unique tag. However, in the 201TEL level (the arriving Telos Citadel station level I suppose) there's a unique Security Locker with a unique ith_locker tag, although I dunno exactly where the locker is (maybe in the closed room to the right of the docking bay?? :rolleyes: possibly).

Might be a good point to place outfits, although not in Harbinger.

hope that helps :thmbup1:

Sith Holocron 01-09-2011 11:00 PM

I had a thought that perhaps the Sith might have some medals on their uniforms as well. There are medals in the old school Tie Fighter game. Those medals can be seen here - for inspiration. Granted, those medals come much later in the time line but at least you have something to look at!

Darth Darkus 01-10-2011 11:49 AM

very good looking robes. I was playing around with the Malgus armor aswell but I didn't quite get it the way I wanted to yet. Two thumbs up!

redrob41 01-10-2011 05:20 PM

Looking good Dak.

The only problem I see from the screenies, is the transparent spots inside the cloak, at the waist level, and near the neck. You can see the yellow bick road behind them, and they're more noticable on the females. I can tell from working with those robes myself, that it is from missing (or deleted) polys, rather than alpha channels. You might want to move the poly verticies inside of the robe, so that they block off those holes.

Dak Drexl 06-19-2011 05:19 PM

Just want to let everyone know I updated this with a fix that stops crashing when equiping on male PC's. Download 2.1 here:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...ored-robes-21/

Also updated the link on the first post.