LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Ahto Spaceport Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=325)
-   -   The Clone Wars - Season 4 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207659)

Alexrd 06-15-2011 08:23 PM

The Clone Wars - Season 4
 
For those interested:

Season 4 - Extended Trailer

Shem 06-16-2011 08:18 AM

Good find, but it's a little early for me to be thinking about the upcoming fall. :xp:

Brotherhood 06-16-2011 10:37 AM

Lego star wars

The quest for R2-D2
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
:haw::haw::haw::haw::haw::haw::haw:

Alexrd 06-16-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brotherhood (Post 2781894)
Lego star wars

The quest for R2-D2
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
:haw::haw::haw::haw::haw::haw::haw:

I'm not sure I got that...

Taak Farst 06-16-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2781905)
I'm not sure I got that...

nor me. lame.

Lynk Former 06-16-2011 10:59 PM

I hope Anakin dies in this season and it's just about Ashoka... she's a better character than Anakin.

Also, to hell with canon. KILL HIM!

mimartin 06-17-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2782024)
Also, to hell with canon. KILL HIM!

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Starr: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

Prime 06-17-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2782024)
I hope Anakin dies in this season and it's just about Ashoka... she's a better character than Anakin.

Also, to hell with canon. KILL HIM!

Actually, I like Anakin a lot more after seeing TCW.

ChAiNz.2da 06-17-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime (Post 2782105)
Actually, I like Anakin a lot more after seeing TCW.

Exactly.. beats whiny ass Haiden any day. :disaprove

TCW at least redeems Anakin. He doesn't act like some spoiled, hyper emo child in the series... :golfclap:

Liverandbacon 06-17-2011 01:33 PM

Not really into Clone Wars, but I did like "Greeeaaat, it's gonna be another one of those planets." A little dig at the whole idea of Ewoks, I think.

Miltiades 06-17-2011 01:49 PM

The clones are the best part of the Clone Wars series, in my opinion.

And I know I shouldn't start the whole canon whining again, but how much stuff has Anakin already done in this war? He never catches a break, does he? And neither does Obi-Wan, for that matter. I know, this is war, no time to go sun tanning on the beach, but you're waiting for the guy to have a mental breakdown at some point... which, I guess, he does when he becomes Vader. Anyway, Anakin may not be the whiny kid from the movies, but the voice acting is horrible in my opinion and the humor between those Jedi is bad (but I'm expecting too much from a kid series, don't I?)

Really, if they had made this series about the war from the POV of clone troopers, with an occasional appearance of Anakin and other Jedi, I would've really liked it.

Alexrd 06-17-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miltiades (Post 2782115)
but the voice acting is horrible

Really? I think this is the best Anakin version of the franchise. If not for this series, I would still dislike the character.

P.S: I think the series has proven itself that it deserves more than having the derogative label "kids series". It's like calling Star Wars "kids movies". Yes, they are for kids, but they are still more than that.

Istorian 06-17-2011 02:54 PM

Well, it looks good. Will it be good, though? My opinion is a balance between episodes focused on clones and on Jedi..Besides, they are both part of this war. And the jokes are not that good, I agree.

Trench 06-17-2011 03:09 PM

So long as it doesn't bother with previously established canon, imokwiththis.jpg.

Liverandbacon 06-19-2011 01:44 PM

I hadn't seen any of TCW except for some early episodes where I decided it wasn't for me. Yesterday, after reading on here all the stuff about how it's improved, I took a look at some episodes. I actually enjoyed bits of them. Sure, it's clearly aimed at kids (a bit more than most SW), and there are a ton of shows on TV I prefer, but it isn't intolerable. The canon issues can be handwaved, since canon's always been broken, pick&mix personal canon is the way to go, and you can just say it's an alternate universe or in-universe dramatic embellishment of true events if you want to ignore the conflicts. Seeing Anakin do things that actually merit the heroic status he's later given is nice as well.

Not something I'd watch religiously, but a nice short diversion if I'm bored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miltiades (Post 2782115)
And I know I shouldn't start the whole canon whining again, but how much stuff has Anakin already done in this war? He never catches a break, does he? And neither does Obi-Wan, for that matter. I know, this is war, no time to go sun tanning on the beach, but you're waiting for the guy to have a mental breakdown at some point... which, I guess, he does when he becomes Vader.

Jedi and clones have an absurdly high op tempo. I guess the nature of jedi and clone training, coupled with the fact that as clones, there's no reason for switching between branches or going to training schools after one's first combat deployment, means that lack of time for going to training schools isn't an issue. With the clones, I guess the same might go for the psychological side because of the whole 'genetically engineered for combat' thing.

However, Jedi seem pretty emotionally unstable at the best of times, and prone to turning evil if exposed to too much ****, so a complete lack of leave time seems like asking for trouble. Especially when a single powerful force-user can turn the tide of war. Seriously, most Jedi seem to have a terrible attitude for soldiering (in comparison to ordinary people, not to mention genetically engineered warriors), and their insane level of power is the only reason it makes sense that they're used.

And there I go trying to apply real life to Star Wars again. I need to stop doing that.

Prime 06-21-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2782130)
Really? I think this is the best Anakin version of the franchise. If not for this series, I would still dislike the character.

This is my feeling as well. And typically I like the banter between Kenobi and Anakin. Makes them seem very much like brothers which is much more reflective of the comments in ANH than we saw in the PT.

RC-1162 06-21-2011 11:15 AM

Does anyone else not feel they're going overkill with the lightsabers? One of them has TWO double-blades... WTF?

Ctrl Alt Del 06-21-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-1162 (Post 2782573)
Does anyone else not feel they're going overkill with the lightsabers? One of them has TWO double-blades... WTF?

LF new policy is: if you like a thing, put a saber on it.

ChAiNz.2da 06-21-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del (Post 2782580)
LF new policy is: if you like a thing, put a saber on it.

A smell an awesome pic thread topic :lol:

Alexrd 06-21-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-1162 (Post 2782573)
Does anyone else not feel they're going overkill with the lightsabers? One of them has TWO double-blades... WTF?

For a guy that has four arms? I can deal with that...

Anyway, I find way more overkill the Jedi on the Return trailer.

TKA-001 06-21-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2782024)
I hope Anakin dies in this season and it's just about Ashoka... she's a better character than Anakin.

Also, to hell with canon. KILL HIM!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...RYFFFFUUUU.jpg

adamqd 06-21-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2782585)

Anyway, I find way more overkill the Jedi on the Return trailer.

That 6 minute trailer added more to the Star Wars mythos, and exited me more, than 3 seasons of the Clone bores combined... jus sayin.

Miltiades 06-21-2011 02:11 PM

I disagree. For all its flaws, The Clone Wars did add more than a few things that were exciting on its own. It made Clones more interesting, it restored Anakin's status as hero of the Clone Wars and Cad Bane served as the template for the smuggler in your avatar.

And the TOR trailer added nothing to the Star Wars mythos. Everything it did, it reiterated from A New Hope and Return of the Jedi. Nothing new to it. That's not to say it wasn't exciting, though, even though I cringed at the lightsaber/double-bladed lightsaber combo.

adamqd 06-21-2011 02:20 PM

You mean they both wear a big hat? Cad Bane is a Duros bad guy, this dude is John Marston. I dont know about you but I didn't know the Sith came back in this year BBY and attacked the Korriban outpost, killing satele shans Zabrak master, and that Malgus had a Pureblood Sith master... I do However know that Anakin and Obi wan fought along side clones for 3 years then Anakin fell to the darkside, I also know I dont like Stylised cartoon graphics and Battle droid Humor. I'm not gonna ruin Alexrd's thread with Clone Wars Hate, but I have a lot of opinions on TCW and the route Lucasfilm/licencing is taking, but carry on and enjoy yer Clone Wars :)

Lynk Former 06-21-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKA-001 (Post 2782587)

http://erikmegablogger.blog.com/file...ll-Problem.jpg

Miltiades 06-21-2011 02:33 PM

Well, Cad Bane and this smuggler both wear a hat, yeah. But this isn't where similarities end. Obviously they're both smugglers, but they also both use dual-wielding blaster pistols. You may not see it, but to me, the smuggler's clearly influences by Cad Bane. And it turned out to be the spitting image to John Marston, incidentally. But yes, perhaps this is a topic for a another time.

adamqd 06-21-2011 02:58 PM

Cad Bane is a Bounty Hunter :)

Shem 06-21-2011 03:52 PM

Is this the last season or it is a 5 year plan?

Alexrd 06-21-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shem (Post 2782627)
Is this the last season or it is a 5 year plan?

5 year minimum, regardless of ratings.

Miltiades 06-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamqd (Post 2782610)
Cad Bane is a Bounty Hunter :)

Hihi, you caught me there. :p

Pho3nix 06-21-2011 05:01 PM

Looks just as bad as the previous seasons, can't believe this stuff gets renewed and Firefly didn't...

Alexrd 06-21-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pho3nix (Post 2782637)
Looks just as bad as the previous seasons, can't believe this stuff gets renewed and Firefly didn't...

Firefly, no matter what, is still not Star Wars. :cool:

Liverandbacon 06-22-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2782638)
Firefly, no matter what, is still not Star Wars. :cool:

Space ships, Western influences, smugglers, Crime lords, bounty hunters, rare people with mysterious powers, and an evil empire hunting them.

It may not be Star Wars, but change the bullets into lasers, and a few names, and it could be. Do that, get as many writers and actors from the original as possible, and you've solved Firefly's money problem and Star Wars' current mediocrity problem.

Lynk Former 06-23-2011 05:03 AM

You can't compare Firefly to Star Wars because George Lucas hasn't invested his entire life into Firefly. Therefore, he's not going to pour all of his money and his companies resources into anything Firefly related.

It's as simple as that. Find someone who is willing to fund the return of Firefly and Firefly will return.

Ghost 06-25-2011 06:27 PM

Star Wars has been dying a slow death for a long time, and as much as the Clone Wars series has improved it still has a way to go. Like everybody else, I say it should focus on the Clones, since it is called the Clone War?

In order for Star Wars to be like Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, or all those good sci-fis, it needs to ditch the kiddie **** and actually needs to have darker plots. Thats what made the series i mentioned above so successful. Ill admit that Clone Wars has gotten a bit darker recently but what it needs is a good villian, not a Doctor Evil which goes and does blunt and stupid things. I'm talking about a villian which is subtle, smart, and cunning. If they do that, it might bring some life into the series.

Alexrd 06-25-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Banana (Post 2783125)
it needs to ditch the kiddie **** and actually needs to have darker plots.

Right, because dark = better/good. :rolleyes:

Ghost 06-25-2011 06:33 PM

it worked in Battlestar Galactica >_>

adamqd 06-25-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2783127)
Right, because dark = better/good. :rolleyes:


yep thats exactly what he said

Ghost 06-25-2011 06:37 PM

meh, all of that was just my opinion, but you guys can trash it I guess.

I am glad that Clone Wars did ditch the the political episodes and hopefully there will not be many more

Alexrd 06-25-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamqd (Post 2783130)
yep thats exactly what he said

Yet, it's not a fact.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.