LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   [KOTOR/TSL] Combat Suit Replacement4.2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=208428)

Canderis 09-15-2011 08:21 PM

Combat Suit Replacement4.2
 
Finally done.

http://k.minus.com/jbfI2vTMj3oggZ.pnghttp://minus.com/iwbWtA0EWyGHO.png

Kotor:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Readme
***********************************
Knights of the Old Republic
***********************************
TITLE:Combat Suit Kotor
AUTHOR: Canderis
E-MAIL: in download

--------------------------
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
--------------------------
Copy the files to the override.

------------
DESCRIPTION
------------
This is the combat suit replacement mod for k1. Enjoy.

This is part of my final release package here.
Good day. Long live KOTOR!
--------------
Compatability
--------------
Even though this mod doesn't use the TSLPatcher it does not need it. It will only interfear with the past versions of this mod.
-----
BUGS
-----
None, I hope.

--------
Credits
--------
Ferc Kast for help with the icons

-------------------
DISTRIBUTION NOTES
-------------------
You may use NOT use this modification in mods W/o my promission. Just contact me, i'll say yes.


THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE, OBSIDIAN, OR
LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Screenshots:
Show spoiler


TSL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readme
***********************************
Knights of the Old Republic
The Sith Lords
***********************************
TITLE:Combat Suit Revised 4.2
AUTHOR: Canderis
E-MAIL: canderis.ordo@gmail.com

--------------------------
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
--------------------------
Copy the files to the override.

------------
DESCRIPTION
------------
This is the latest instalment of the Combat Suit Replacment mod. This version includes ONLY ONE skin as it is vastly supperior to the previous versions(in time, and quality)
The godly uti has been removed as I started to get annoyed with it. Enjoy.

This release is a bug fix that is long overdue, and is part of my final release package here.
Good day. Long live KOTOR!
--------------
Compatability
--------------
Even though this mod doesn't use the TSLPatcher it does not need it. It will only interfear with the past versions of this mod.
-----
BUGS
-----
None, I hope.

--------
Credits
--------
Ferc Kast for help with the icons

-------------------
DISTRIBUTION NOTES
-------------------
You may use NOT use this modification in mods W/o my promission. Just contact me, i'll say yes.


THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE, OBSIDIAN, OR
LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Screenshots:
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler


Downloads
K1 Link
TSL Link
TSL Link
TSL Link
TSL Link

Canderis 10-11-2011 09:04 PM

And this is one of the reasons i'm leaving modding. I never get much feedback on anything i make. If its bad, let me know please and ill stop filling this forum with my crappy releases. If you like it, please, just let me know what you think. Just a simple "i like it" would do. I always am looking to improve my work, but if i only know what one person thinks of it how can i get better, please.

Also, this mod is up on kfiles and deadlystream.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...uit-revisited/
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...ombat-suit-k1/

HK-42 10-11-2011 09:52 PM

Maybe its because its so good? I dont see any room for improvement Canderis. If I ever replayed KOTOR it would be my main armor forsure. But that maybe because I am an avid fan of camo.

Capibara 10-12-2011 12:50 AM

Ok, honestly, i don't like it, but that's in no way a reflection of the quality of your work in it (which is great), i just don't like camouflage in kotor's.

Don't know if that's better or worse than no feedback (on my part), so there you go. :confused:

Phildevil 10-12-2011 12:58 AM

Nah, there's something more than just" because you like camos". That's because it is pretty damn impressive and looks very good. I mean, it is not a simple recolor, but a much more complex task, one that I can tell you is pretty hard to get working right. Even simple re-color, while they may seem simple, were hard to do for me. You should be commanded for what you did, Canderis and maybe we don't tell you enough, but you are quite the inventive character. To my knowledge, you are a pretty unique modder and went to modify some things I had never seen before. Like when you did your Darker Peragus mod! Now please come back from asylum :P

Fallen Guardian 10-12-2011 01:01 AM

Don't retire, you make some quality mods. I like the skin myself, although I think it would serve better to be a custom armor rather than the replacement of the combat suit.

jonathan7 10-12-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canderis (Post 2792994)
And this is one of the reasons i'm leaving modding. I never get much feedback on anything i make. If its bad, let me know please and ill stop filling this forum with my crappy releases. If you like it, please, just let me know what you think. Just a simple "i like it" would do. I always am looking to improve my work, but if i only know what one person thinks of it how can i get better, please.

Also, this mod is up on kfiles and deadlystream.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...uit-revisited/
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...ombat-suit-k1/

The lack of feedback Canderis is because sadly with the games being so old there are less and less people using mods. I like it :) and as discussed I'll be putting it into Force Fashion K1 armours (that compliment enough for you, as not just anything get's in a Force Fashion mod :p).

As others have said please keep modding if there is stuff you'd like to do, you have produced some very interesting and inventive mods, such as Darker Peragus. We are I think however very much at a time when modding is only worth it if your doing things for you... Traffic to Holowan has got less and less over the years.

Phildevil 10-12-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan7 (Post 2793020)
Traffic to Holowan has got less and less over the years.

Though I come here almost every day and look for any post by Canderis :thmbup1: (along with some other modders of course...)

Canderis 10-12-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK-42 (Post 2792996)
Maybe its because its so good? I dont see any room for improvement Canderis. If I ever replayed KOTOR it would be my main armor forsure. But that maybe because I am an avid fan of camo.

Thanks, but everything can be improved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capibara (Post 2792999)
Ok, honestly, i don't like it, but that's in no way a reflection of the quality of your work in it (which is great), i just don't like camouflage in kotor's.

Don't know if that's better or worse than no feedback (on my part), so there you go. :confused:

Thanks, i'd rather have people say they don't like it, with a reason why, then no feedback at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildevil (Post 2793001)
Nah, there's something more than just" because you like camos". That's because it is pretty damn impressive and looks very good. I mean, it is not a simple recolor, but a much more complex task, one that I can tell you is pretty hard to get working right. Even simple re-color, while they may seem simple, were hard to do for me. You should be commanded for what you did, Canderis and maybe we don't tell you enough, but you are quite the inventive character. To my knowledge, you are a pretty unique modder and went to modify some things I had never seen before. Like when you did your Darker Peragus mod! Now please come back from asylum :P

Thank you. But i probably won't make a full return till next summer if ever. I still plan to update all my mods though first.

PS: Asylum is a disturbed album that use to be my avvy, should change that eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian (Post 2793002)
Don't retire, you make some quality mods. I like the skin myself, although I think it would serve better to be a custom armor rather than the replacement of the combat suit.

Thanks. I could make it as a separate uti if you wanted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan7 (Post 2793020)
The lack of feedback Canderis is because sadly with the games being so old there are less and less people using mods. I like it :) and as discussed I'll be putting it into Force Fashion K1 armours (that compliment enough for you, as not just anything get's in a Force Fashion mod :p).

Yes. Yes it is :thmbup1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan7 (Post 2793020)
As others have said please keep modding if there is stuff you'd like to do, you have produced some very interesting and inventive mods, such as Darker Peragus. We are I think however very much at a time when modding is only worth it if your doing things for you... Traffic to Holowan has got less and less over the years.

There are still quite a few modders here, if we all spent a little more time giving feedback on people's work, it may help a lot of us become better.

Thanks guys.

Xarwarz 10-12-2011 02:13 PM

Great modding work indeed...ill agree with you on the feedback its kinda a slap in the face when no responds. If its bad say its bad if its good say its good. The numbers of interest has decreased but there are also alot of peeps making mods and not taking time to comment on others.... and people who don't like you because you do something better. I have had my share of this im here to do one thing make mods....... So im with you im taking a long break and heading into retirement sometime next year. Good luck

Phildevil 10-12-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

PS: Asylum is a disturbed album that use to be my avvy, should change that eh?
I don't know what the abbreviation "avvy" is, but I gather you rather like that album (as do I :P). You don't have to change-it unless it reflects your state of mind. And as a Brit told me: "That's what She said." :P

Capibara 10-13-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan7 (Post 2793020)
The lack of feedback Canderis is because sadly with the games being so old there are less and less people using mods.

The age of the games alone is not it (trust me, i say this as someone who was part of a modding community for a game(s) released in 1998 and not a super popular one(s) at that) there must be something else (maybe it's the whole site in general).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildevil
I don't know what the abbreviation "avvy" is

Avatar.

Phildevil 10-13-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capibara (Post 2793062)
The age of the games alone is not it (trust me, i say this as someone who was part of a modding community for a game(s) released in 1998 and not a super popular one(s) at that) there must be something else (maybe it's the whole site in general).

Uh, is that Rebellion?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Capibara (Post 2793062)
Avatar.

Yup, I googled-it right after I said that. I'm just not fluent in english computer abbreviations yet...

Mandalore5 10-13-2011 10:58 AM

From the point of view of another (not nearly as good) armour skinner, I can see it's a very skilful piece of work; I certainly like it.

Dak Drexl 10-13-2011 12:28 PM

Like the standard skin, hate the flightsuits. Always thought they were hideous which is why I replace them in my armored robes mod.

Capibara 10-14-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildevil (Post 2793069)
Uh, is that Rebellion?

No, nothing starwars related.

Rinku 10-15-2011 09:51 PM

Somehow I missed this....

Anyway, I really like the standard skin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian (Post 2793002)
Don't retire, you make some quality mods. I like the skin myself, although I think it would serve better to be a custom armor rather than the replacement of the combat suit.

But I do agree that this is a good idea ;)

Sith Holocron 10-16-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canderis (Post 2792994)
I never get much feedback on anything I make. If you like it, please, just let me know what you think. Just a simple "i like it" would do. I always am looking to improve my work, but if I only know what one person thinks of it how can I get better?

Constructive criticism? As you wish . . .

http://k.minus.com/jbfI2vTMj3oggZ.png

This one I'm not too particularly fond of - but I think that's mostly due to the base model you had work with. It just seems to be too bulky to be an effective combat suit - especially on the male version of the this suit. It seems since the pockets are so thin, that the wearer looks fat.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...t-canderis.jpg

However, if the lower pockets on the model itself could be enlarged - so it looks like you could actually fit something inside them - then the above issue could be alleviated. It might seem odd that by making it bigger that you could correct those issues but that's just the way I'm seeing it right now. Is changing the pockets on the model possible?

As for this one . . .

http://minus.com/iwbWtA0EWyGHO.png

This armor is great just the way it is, IMHO. It's not too busy, the color scheme seems well thought out, and I like the base model - especially the pauldrons - so I'd say "Great job!" on this one. This applies for both the male and female versions of the suit, by the way.

Canderis 11-01-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xarwarz (Post 2793034)
Great modding work indeed...ill agree with you on the feedback its kinda a slap in the face when no responds. If its bad say its bad if its good say its good. The numbers of interest has decreased but there are also alot of peeps making mods and not taking time to comment on others.... and people who don't like you because you do something better. I have had my share of this im here to do one thing make mods....... So im with you im taking a long break and heading into retirement sometime next year. Good luck

Thanks man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandalore5 (Post 2793076)
From the point of view of another (not nearly as good) armour skinner, I can see it's a very skilful piece of work; I certainly like it.

Thanks :thmbup1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dak Drexl (Post 2793079)
Like the standard skin, hate the flightsuits. Always thought they were hideous which is why I replace them in my armored robes mod.

They are kind of ugly, i hate the standard skins.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2793302)
Constructive criticism? As you wish . . .

http://k.minus.com/jbfI2vTMj3oggZ.png

This one I'm not too particularly fond of - but I think that's mostly due to the base model you had work with. It just seems to be too bulky to be an effective combat suit - especially on the male version of the this suit. It seems since the pockets are so thin, that the wearer looks fat.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...t-canderis.jpg

However, if the lower pockets on the model itself could be enlarged - so it looks like you could actually fit something inside them - then the above issue could be alleviated. It might seem odd that by making it bigger that you could correct those issues but that's just the way I'm seeing it right now. Is changing the pockets on the model possible?

I hated this model, and i created this skin solely for helping at least a little with it in k1. I had actually tried to edit the pockets, but i had issues getting it ingame every time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2793302)
As for this one . . .

http://minus.com/iwbWtA0EWyGHO.png

This armor is great just the way it is, IMHO. It's not too busy, the color scheme seems well thought out, and I like the base model - especially the pauldrons - so I'd say "Great job!" on this one. This applies for both the male and female versions of the suit, by the way.

Thanks. Both male and female are the same texture actually.

Sith Holocron 11-01-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canderis (Post 2794580)
I hated this model, and I created this skin solely for helping at least a little with it in k1. I had actually tried to edit the pockets, but I had issues getting it ingame every time

Darth Deadman added a pauldron amongst other things for Drewton's skin of Sion. Perhaps he'd be willing to assist you with this?

Canderis 11-01-2011 07:47 PM

Its a fairly simple task i've done in the past, there is something about this model though that wont cooperate.

Capibara 11-01-2011 09:32 PM

^ (above discussion) Yes! yes! edit the models, remove those godawful pockets, not only from this armor model but also (and especially) from the heavy armor types!

Darth DeadMan 11-02-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Its a fairly simple task i've done in the past, there is something about this model though that wont cooperate.
I'm not sure what can be wrong with it. Send me your edited model, I'll take a look.

DarthKairo 04-16-2012 08:27 PM

very nice

Tigersong 04-17-2013 07:21 PM

I like! While I've managed to misplace my TSL disc, still it would be great if you were replace that hideous yellow thing (the Light Combat Suit?) with this texture. At any rate I'm thinking about getting the K1 version. :)

Canderis 04-17-2013 08:10 PM

IIRC, the latest version does.

Phildevil 04-17-2013 08:20 PM

I confirm that!

SaberAlter 12-15-2013 02:22 PM

Old thread is old, but...holy crap, I love this! The vanilla one is hideous and I'd been trying to find a good replacement, but never seemed to find one. This is just what I've been looking for.

Canderis 12-15-2013 03:51 PM

Thanks!

On another note: I updated the download links. Same files, better download sites.

DuckfromPortal 12-15-2013 05:17 PM

Have you changed them at all?

Canderis 12-15-2013 10:51 PM

No. Same files, different links.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.