LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Yoda’s Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   "YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH........WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN! NO NO NO..." (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210182)

Darth Groovy 05-26-2012 12:50 PM

"YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH........WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN! NO NO NO..."
 
After 8 Seasons, several poses, several black suits, and the same pair of sunglasses, CSI Miami, is officially cancelled.

Also being cancelled:

House
Dog The Bounty Hunter
Fear Factor
Breakout Kings
Breaking Bad
Alcatraz
iCarly
Lopez Tonight
At The Movies: with Roger Ebert
and some others...http://www.imdb.com/news/ni15293823/

Pho3nix 05-26-2012 03:12 PM

Good riddance!

Blix 05-26-2012 03:34 PM

Nothing I'd lose any sleep over, alas more's the pity for those who like them.

Rogue15 05-26-2012 04:12 PM

i dont watch tv. way too many damn commercials...

J4ngo 05-26-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Groovy (Post 2812483)
After 8 Seasons, several poses, several black suits, and the same pair of sunglasses, CSI Miami, is officially cancelled.

Also being cancelled:

House
Dog The Bounty Hunter
Fear Factor
Breakout Kings
Breaking Bad
Alcatraz
iCarly
Lopez Tonight
At The Movies: with Roger Ebert
and some others...http://www.imdb.com/news/ni15293823/

did they cancel dora the explora yet?

Dath Maximus 05-31-2012 10:39 PM

NOOOOO!!!!!! NOT DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER!!!!


I shall avenge you!

Samnmax221 06-01-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dath Maximus (Post 2812880)
NOOOOO!!!!!! NOT DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER!!!!


I shall avenge you!

He got to keep his job after his little racial outburst a few years back, far more chances than he deserved.

Darth Avlectus 06-04-2012 08:15 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. They better not take away my sugar cookies, dammit! :mad:

Sabretooth 06-06-2012 03:32 PM

When do they cancel all television

Alexrd 06-06-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth (Post 2813369)
When do they cancel all television

If they did, where would we get shows like Mad Men?

Pho3nix 06-06-2012 04:14 PM

I'm happy just re-watching old seasons of Seinfeld, X-files and E.R.

Lynk Former 06-06-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2813370)
If they did, where would we get shows like Mad Men?

The Internet.

Alexrd 06-06-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2813375)
The Internet.

They would never get the same amount of budget if it were a web series.

Lynk Former 06-06-2012 04:56 PM

Well no, none of this will work if all of the companies see the connection between the TV and Internet as they do right now.

Right now they're stuck in a past which is slowly but surely becoming irrelevant. They need to catch up and find ways to use newer forms of media to do good things... and no, throwing money at things isn't necessarily the way to go XD

Rogue Nine 06-12-2012 10:30 AM

The only show worth watching on TV anymore is My Little Pony anyway!

ChAiNz.2da 06-12-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Nine (Post 2813729)
The only show worth watching on TV anymore is My Little Pony anyway!

View page
YouTube Video

Lynk Former 06-12-2012 03:48 PM

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6...680a970b-600wi




I can see the appeal of the show, it is funny and well written, but I could never consider myself a Brony if I did actually take the time to watch beyond that first episode I saw... I mean, it's not the grown men liking girly cartoon thing that bothers me... don't really care about that... it's the fact that they're fan's along side FURRIES that bothers me.

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23958000...f9f426eb29.jpg

BongoBob 06-12-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2813742)
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6...680a970b-600wi




I can see the appeal of the show, it is funny and well written, but I could never consider myself a Brony if I did actually take the time to watch beyond that first episode I saw... I mean, it's not the grown men liking girly cartoon thing that bothers me... don't really care about that... it's the fact that they're fan's along side FURRIES that bothers me.

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23958000...f9f426eb29.jpg

Every fandom has subsets that they wish would go away...unfortunately mine has furries and rule 34 afficianados -_-

Hallucination 06-12-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BongoBob (Post 2813751)
Every fandom has subsets that they wish would go away...unfortunately mine has furries and rule 34 afficianados -_-

Nowadays every fandom has rule 34 aficionados, it's just a fact of life.

Pho3nix 06-12-2012 05:57 PM

When I first heard of "Bronies" I honestly thought it was a joke

Lynk Former 06-13-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucination (Post 2813754)
Nowadays every fandom has rule 34 aficionados, it's just a fact of life.

Nothing wrong with rule34... it's the furries that need to be burned from the face of the planet.

Darth Avlectus 06-14-2012 02:34 AM

@ Hal: Ah yes. I remember how distraught I was when various of my fandom subjects first appeared before me in such a manner as rule 34. Discovering rule 34, I asked IS NOTHING SACRED?! At first it appeared there was, but soon even that was defiled. Leading me to rule 35...which inevitably fulfills rule 34.

And so, many unsuccessful retreats later, each with the same outcome, my journey towards the dark side was complete.

If you don't want someone else making porn of your work, you must make it yourself. And make it as crappy as possible so it will receive little attention...or will it?

Lynk Former 06-14-2012 03:28 AM

That'll get rule 34'd too... even if you refuse to make nothing at all, that nothing will be rule 34'd... you can't escape it.

Q 06-14-2012 04:21 PM

The novelty of watching CSI: Miami just to make fun of it was bound to wear off sooner or later.

Kain 06-14-2012 07:20 PM

No tears shed.

Q 06-14-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pho3nix (Post 2813757)
When I first heard of "Bronies" I honestly thought it was a joke

Yeah, me too.

The whole thing kinda gives me the creeps, TBH.

Lynk Former 06-14-2012 08:55 PM

Every group of fans who are dedicated enough to gather in a group for their common interest creep me out. Every single one of them. Doesn't matter if it's MLP, Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, animu... it's all just really creepy.

Darth Avlectus 06-15-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk Former (Post 2813908)
That'll get rule 34'd too... even if you refuse to make nothing at all, that nothing will be rule 34'd... you can't escape it.

Noooooooooooooo!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.