LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Holowan Laboratories (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   [TSL WIP] KOTOR 3: A New Threat (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210460)

starwarzchick112 08-05-2012 04:41 PM

KOTOR 3: A New Threat
 
STAR WARS
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3
A NEW THREAT


It is a dark time for the Republic. 300 years after the redemption of Revan, the galaxy is buckling under the weight of Lord Vitiate's SITH EMPIRE.

But an even greater threat lurks on the horizon. A race of extragalactic Force-users known as the SHIRO have invaded, seeking to exterminate all life in the galaxy. Amassing a massive army of battle droids, they have nearly brought the galaxy to its knees.

Now Jedi and Sith must put aside their eternal struggle and ally in the face of the greatest threat the galaxy has ever known...

(Note: NONE of this was my idea. I got the story, PC's background and all the NPC's from here. Warning: do NOT read farther than that one page. MAJOR spoilers for the actual mod.)

A little bit about the PC:
Your character is a Padawan in the order of gray Jedi known as Suns of the Force. At the beginning of the war against the Shiro, your character was stripped of the Force by the Gray Masters for some past crimes ( you'll find out what these are;))

Planets:
Yavhushu (where the Suns of the Force enclave is)
Hoth
Tatooine
Tython
Manaan
Rhen Var
More to come!

It's probably not ideal to have my first attempt at modding being a huge TC, but I'll try my best. Party members coming soon!

TWINKEYRUNAWAY 08-05-2012 04:44 PM

kotor 3 mods are becoming very popular all of a sudden :p
Good luck.

LDR 08-05-2012 04:45 PM

It is strongly recommended that you read this before you start your TC.

If you are able to do all of that, then I wish you the best of luck on your project. :)

Welcome to the Forum. :waive1:

Christos K 08-05-2012 06:55 PM

Okay... So we currently have four KotOR 3 mods. Well good luck anyways. The more the merrier and the more likely the powers that be will see that we WANT KOTOR 3 - (Nice little rhyme there)

logan23 08-05-2012 09:13 PM

Looking at the planets you have listed, some of these are in kotor1. You might want to look into using kotor1 as your base game to mod, this would save you time.

Since this is based on a story -- will this game be setup more linearl in the way to go through the story - with choices that would alter your experiences on future planets?

Just wondering

starwarzchick112 08-05-2012 09:49 PM

I thought of that, but TSL has a lot of things I want in there, such as influence, higher level force powers, 10 party members, etc.

And yes, you will have the same amount of choices. The way I see it, it's just like the other games but with "canon" already defined (which should make LSF and DS a lot of fun to write:rolleyes:)

logan23 08-05-2012 11:58 PM

Ok,
Just watch out for feature creeping- this is when you start adding in to many features which will complicate things and add to production time.

I'm only saying this since I know your new to the modding and it might take you 8 months to just learn what you need to know to pull off this project.

I look forward to seeing this project grow and develop.

starwarzchick112 08-06-2012 12:10 AM

Okay, so I have a quick question: I created a folder in the directory files for the mod and I got one of the party member templates done but it saved in the folder as a shortcut, NOT as a .utc file. Is this normal? It also won't let me copy the file, which is what I assume you need to do to test it.

bunjeeman 08-06-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWINKEYRUNAWAY (Post 2816012)
kotor 3 mods are becoming very popular all of a sudden :p
Good luck.

I'd love it if someone would make a KotOR 3 based on the Revan book (by Drew Karpyshyn. Look it up on wookieepedia). But for me it'd have to be a KotOR I mod (vista incompatibility and whatnot).

CptPriceless 08-07-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunjeeman (Post 2816076)
I'd love it if someone would make a KotOR 3 based on the Revan book.

NORTFE used to take that path, but it changed. I personally wouldn't play KotOR 3 based off of the Revan book. Here's from my developer's blog:

Show spoiler

mr_dad 08-08-2012 10:36 AM

Looks very promising. Only..

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwarzchick112 (Post 2816011)
[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"]A race of extragalactic Force-users known as the SHIRO have invaded, seeking to exterminate all life in the galaxy. Amassing a massive army of battle droids, they have nearly brought the galaxy to its knees.

..I don't want to sound like I'm trying to ruin the idea, but this sounds an awful lot like Mass Effect's plot. It can be different if you do it right, I just want you to know, be careful. That being said. Good luck

RPK 08-08-2012 01:24 PM

Add son Canderous as Party Member/Epic Boss Profit :D.

starwarzchick112 08-08-2012 01:27 PM

Somebody please help me here. I created one of the party member templates using the creature editor and saved it to my Override folder as "p_baodur.utc" and when bao is supposed to appear the screen goes black and I can't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

logan23 08-08-2012 08:05 PM

It could be the script that is firing?

Do you edit the 2da appearance file? If you added a new character.
Also is the tga file- the skin of the new character in the override folder?

Did you restart the game after placing the file in?
If you drop certain files in and then use a save where the script or files added in are in the same model as the save? This could cause bugs.

Also is this part of a new .mod file? Or an existing kotor2 module and you are just changing one if the files ?

I need more info since there are to many things that could cause a bug.

starwarzchick112 08-08-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan23 (Post 2816175)
It could be the script that is firing?

Do you edit the 2da appearance file? If you added a new character.
Also is the tga file- the skin of the new character in the override folder?

No, I just edited the .utc file in the creature editor.

Quote:

Did you restart the game after placing the file in?
Yep.

Quote:

If you drop certain files in and then use a save where the script or files added in are in the same model as the save? This could cause bugs.
What do you mean by this?

Quote:

Also is this part of a new .mod file? Or an existing kotor2 module and you are just changing one if the files ?

I need more info since there are to many things that could cause a bug.
It's in game. I'm running TSLRCM v. 1.6, and a Widescreen mod. I have a sneaking suspicion that I happened to discover a preexisting bug with eding Bao's .utc files.

logan23 08-08-2012 08:48 PM

The one I confused you with-

If you have a saved game in module44 and the introduction of the utc is in module44 then it could cause a bug.

If you already have bao dur in the party and then go and drop the file in and then go back to the save with bao dur in party, there is a chance for a bug.


I'm not sure if the restored content mod would conflict with a changed utc file?

What are you aiming to accomplish with the utc file? This might help me see what went wrong

starwarzchick112 08-08-2012 09:12 PM

I saved my game right before getting on the shuttle to leave Citadel. The shuttle crash cutscene plays out normally but when the first dialogue with Bao is supposed to start, the screen goes black. As for what I'm doing with the. Utc file, I'm creating my party member's stats, name, alignment, etc.- basically doing everything except for reskinning them. I'm following this tutorial here.

LDR 08-08-2012 10:49 PM

I sincerely hope I wasn't ignored when I posted this.

And your link doesn't work, for some reason.

starwarzchick112 08-08-2012 10:57 PM

You weren't ignored.:)

starwarzchick112 08-09-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwarzchick112 (Post 2816151)
Somebody please help me here. I created one of the party member templates using the creature editor and saved it to my Override folder as "p_baodur.utc" and when bao is supposed to appear the screen goes black and I can't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Just realized my mistake. I named the tag "Darth Nekesus" instead of "p_baodur".:argh:

Kyr'am Galaar 08-14-2012 07:47 PM

WAIT!!!!!!!!
 
Welcome to Holowan Laboratories, and if you have any questions, please feel free to post them, and we will do our best to answer them. Good luck with your mod

starwarzchick112 08-15-2012 09:03 AM

I get what you're saying, but the truth is, a big mod is just a lot of smaller mods put together, right? And I am starting with the utcs- the party members' utcs are almost completely done.

Christos K 08-15-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_dad (Post 2816128)
Looks very promising. Only..



..I don't want to sound like I'm trying to ruin the idea, but this sounds an awful lot like Mass Effect's plot. It can be different if you do it right, I just want you to know, be careful. That being said. Good luck

BioWare did not invent that with Mass Effect, neither did Halo or any game.

The original concept (as far as I know) came from Ridley Scott's ALIEN where it was proposed the ship was a bombing vessel used to infest planets with the Xenomorphs cleansing them of life.

Even then you could say the idea goes back even farther to the myth of Pandora's Box where the Olympian gods needed to cleanse Earth of all life.

Now more so than recently, the idea has become quite popular with just about everything from games to shows. Halo, Mass Effect, Dead Space just to name a few games. Game of Thrones even has a similar thing with the White Walkers.

Kyr'am Galaar 08-15-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwarzchick112 (Post 2816594)
I get what you're saying, but the truth is, a big mod is just a lot of smaller mods put together, right? And I am starting with the utcs- the party members' utcs are almost completely done.

Well, congratulations. Unfortunately, you've barely even started with all the utcs that you're going to have to do. Along with the many 2das that you're going to have to edit, the scripting, the texturing, the utis, the utps, a few utws, all the files for the modules, the dialogue, and if you're going to have the NPCs voiced you're going to have to get those files as well as lipsyncing. I may have forgotten something but this is what you will be doing for the next few years if you follow though with this. And it is better to get some experience under your belt before beginning such a project. But if you are set on doing this, well...

Good luck to you, and have fun with that.

Love(HAHA-no...),
:sign2: ~KG~ :devsmoke:

logan23 08-15-2012 11:22 PM

I would say with VO- you probably just place aliens in and not place it in the mod right now for the list to do since you have so many things to learn. Just get a working module that goes to another with utc NPCs and scripts working- and just reskin a few if the modules skins so you get a feel of how tough or not do tough thus will be.

goldomenso 09-02-2012 02:16 PM

Christos K, you might want to fix your quote from "...have to ware a mask" to "...have to wear a mask".

goldomenso 09-02-2012 02:20 PM

starwarzchick112 "Suns of the Force" sounds a bit strange to me. How about "Sons of the Force"?

Christos K 09-02-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldomenso (Post 2817838)
Christos K, you might want to fix your quote from "...have to ware a mask" to "...have to wear a mask".

Man, that signature is from SO long ago. I fixed it to be more humorous but the forums went down and a few things got reset and I forgot to bother with it.

Arkhammer 01-17-2014 08:49 PM

Where Can You Get It
 
Were can you get it???????
Quote:

Originally Posted by starwarzchick112 (Post 2816011)
STAR WARS
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3
A NEW THREAT


It is a dark time for the Republic. 300 years after the redemption of Revan, the galaxy is buckling under the weight of Lord Vitiate's SITH EMPIRE.

But an even greater threat lurks on the horizon. A race of extragalactic Force-users known as the SHIRO have invaded, seeking to exterminate all life in the galaxy. Amassing a massive army of battle droids, they have nearly brought the galaxy to its knees.

Now Jedi and Sith must put aside their eternal struggle and ally in the face of the greatest threat the galaxy has ever known...

(Note: NONE of this was my idea. I got the story, PC's background and all the NPC's from here. Warning: do NOT read farther than that one page. MAJOR spoilers for the actual mod.)

A little bit about the PC:
Your character is a Padawan in the order of gray Jedi known as Suns of the Force. At the beginning of the war against the Shiro, your character was stripped of the Force by the Gray Masters for some past crimes ( you'll find out what these are;))

Planets:
Yavhushu (where the Suns of the Force enclave is)
Hoth
Tatooine
Tython
Manaan
Rhen Var
More to come!

It's probably not ideal to have my first attempt at modding being a huge TC, but I'll try my best. Party members coming soon!


Canderis 01-17-2014 10:27 PM

It's not done. It most likely will never be done. Last post was 2 years ago.

Arkhammer 01-19-2014 03:43 PM

Well that harkey


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.