LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Ahto Spaceport Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=325)
-   -   Knights of the Old Republic re-make (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210594)

Jedi_Master Lee 09-02-2012 09:35 AM

Knights of the Old Republic re-make

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that would like for Lucas Arts to remake both KOTOR and KOTOR 2:TSL for the pc and make it available one the Xbox 360, that way then for those of us who cant seem to get KOTOR 2:TSL to work we would be able to (plus the fact that the xbox versions are extremely rare now).

Q 09-02-2012 10:33 AM

Um, why can't you get TSL to work?

*~*Darth pOOba*~* 09-02-2012 11:04 PM

That's like asking me if I wanna marry Han Solo.

Alkonium 09-03-2012 12:10 AM

The problem with this idea is that the only people who'd really be interested in this would be people who already own a copy of the original, so they'd really be paying for the same content multiple times (I'm one to talk, owning The Orange Box, Portal 2, Skyrim, and Minecraft on both Xbox 360 and PC. Also Android, in the case of Minecraft), and the developers would be wasting resources that could be put to better use making an entirely new game.

Blix 09-03-2012 12:59 AM

Yes, and with updated graphics and the cut-content included as well.

Shem 09-03-2012 03:06 AM

The game engine they used for the Mass Effect games would be awesome. But, this is LucasArts we're talking about and that means that would never happen.

Prime 09-05-2012 11:50 AM

I'd love something along the lines of the Baldur's Gate remake.

DeathScepter 09-12-2012 02:33 PM

more content that makes sense within the game itself.

Obi-Wan Bologna 09-12-2012 04:23 PM

An HD remake would be awesome, extra quests that didn't affect the plot and shiny new outfits and weapons would be cool, but it should still essentially be the same game "no tampering with the genetic structure to make it more docile, pure genetic replication" lol

DeathScepter 09-13-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna (Post 2818598)
An HD remake would be awesome, extra quests that didn't affect the plot and shiny new outfits and weapons would be cool, but it should still essentially be the same game "no tampering with the genetic structure to make it more docile, pure genetic replication" lol

Adding New Planets will be a Must. New or Old Character should replace Bastila after a certain scene.

4 new planets and 2 or more new locations.

Rebalancing of the classes, Make Skill oriented Characters more useful.

Lightsaber Forms and Force Forms.

More Variety of builds.

Expanded Characterization of All major characters and fan favorites. Kill off Trask violently and sadistic.

Expanded Planets and Locations.

Hassat Hunter 09-13-2012 08:04 PM

That's... kinda pointless.

They should rather have OE make KOTOR3 than do all that.

DeathScepter 09-13-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter (Post 2818678)
That's... kinda pointless.

They should rather have OE make KOTOR3 than do all that.

I have ideas how it would together while respecting Kotor 2 and their fans greatly.

Just say, Personally if there was a Kotor 3, it should ignore what the piss poor way how Jedi Exile and Revan were treated in related to ToR.

Personally Kotor 3 should be complete while not killing either off but letting both of them doing something heroic while being respectful to the fan base and Fan Fic writers to do what ever they damn please with much greater ease.

Blix 09-13-2012 11:26 PM

I could die happy if LA actually did this - I would have these games buried with me within my sarcophagus :lol:

DeathScepter 09-14-2012 11:28 AM

as long as Bioware and Sensible Fans do have their way, I do say go for it.

Qui-Don Jorn 09-14-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Just say, Personally if there was a Kotor 3, it should ignore what the piss poor way how Jedi Exile and Revan were treated in related to ToR.
??? :argh:

DeathScepter 09-15-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn (Post 2818736)
??? :argh:

not Everyone liked how Jedi Exile dies in the Revan Novel(I am in this group), Revan doesn't deserve 2 flash points within ToR regardless of your opinion of him(I am in this group)

I am one of the people that rather have characters to fade away than have poorly written crap. Sometimes it is a good idea TO NOT to listen to fans.

Kuai-Donn, I do complain about certain aspects of Star Wars EU in general

Alexrd 09-15-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathScepter (Post 2818829)
Revan doesn't deserve 2 flash points within ToR

In your opinion.

DeathScepter 09-15-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrd (Post 2818830)
In your opinion.

yeah that is true and my opinion is worth about 2 pennies anyway. Just I am not the type of person that bows down to the glory of Bioware when they put stuff out.

90SK 09-17-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blix (Post 2818688)
I could die happy if LA actually did this - I would have these games buried with me within my sarcophagus :lol:

I'm thinking along the same lines ;)

Tommycat 09-18-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathScepter (Post 2818676)
Adding New Planets will be a Must. New or Old Character should replace Bastila after a certain scene.

Satele Shan: TOR
Quote:

4 new planets and 2 or more new locations.

TOR

Quote:

Rebalancing of the classes, Make Skill oriented Characters more useful.

TOR

Quote:

Lightsaber Forms and Force Forms.

TOR
Quote:

More Variety of builds.

TOR
Quote:

Expanded Characterization of All major characters and fan favorites. Kill off Trask violently and sadistic.

TOR(sorta)

Quote:

Expanded Planets and Locations.

TOR

For all the hate about TOR, it has everything you asked for.

Sithspecter 09-18-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Kill off Trask violently and sadistic.

Haha, good luck! You're the person that learns how to put on clothes from the guy. :xp:

mimartin 09-18-2012 12:30 PM

I happen to know the person claiming to be Revan in TOR was a imposter, I was there and my Revan is female and that guy was not my Revan.

DeathScepter 09-18-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimartin (Post 2819084)
I happen to know the person claiming to be Revan in TOR was a imposter, I was there and my Revan is female and that guy was not my Revan.

I do want to agree with you. For my Revan is much better looking than that guy that claims to be Revan.

And Other than those 2 flashpoints and minor nitpicks, I have nothing against TOR.

Qui-Don Jorn 09-18-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

And Other than those 2 flashpoints and minor nitpicks, I have nothing against TOR.
Ok, well, good.

And for the record I agree with the poorly written crap thing.
Why in the *** would the Republic come back to Taris after 300 years?? Because they just had to get in there somehow...whatever

mimartin 09-18-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn (Post 2819095)
And for the record I agree with the poorly written crap thing. Why in the *** would the Republic come back to Taris after 300 years?? Because they just had to get in there somehow...whatever

Guess you haven't played the game, because is explained in game in a fairly logical way. Even if it wasn’t, it is pretty logical as to why people did not return to Taris... 1. Planet wide ecological disaster. 2. rakghoul plague 3. Weakened Republic lacking funding/workforce to rebuild both Telos and Taris at the same time. 4. War…

So if you are saying this is poor writing, then mainly say KotOR was poorly written, because it is where the ecological disaster and the rakghoul plague was introduced. TSL introduced the Republic being weakened and Telos being rebuilt first.

Tommycat 09-18-2012 02:30 PM

Gotta agree with mim on that. If you think it wasn't explained, either you didn't play it, or skipped all the dialogue. There are even missions which explain why many people are there.

mimartin 09-18-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommycat (Post 2819102)
Gotta agree with mim on that. If you think it wasn't explained, either you didn't play it, or skipped all the dialogue. There are even missions which explain why many people are there.

Looking at his/her avatar may explain it. While it still has some information the Jedi Consular was the least prominent in explaining Taris (at least to me). In my personal opinion it is also the worse story of any I have played (which explains the poor writing comments. Play the agent and tell me the writing is poor). I will say the class stories are intertwine and to get the real story you have to play more than one. I like Taris best with my smuggler or Agent, but the knight really opened up my eyes to stuff I missed the first 4 times I went through Taris. Agent may have been the best, but the constant night on Taris just didn't do it for me. ;)

full disclosure: Taris is my least favorite planet, next to Hoth. Hate them both with a passion.

Qui-Don Jorn 09-18-2012 03:29 PM

Well yeah you got me there, that definately was not a good example.

Tommycat 09-18-2012 04:58 PM

Yeah... I would guess it must be the Consular story that is just horrible. I played smuggler, knight and a bit of agent and sorc(Probably go back to them after F2P), but I had heard the Consular story was bad.

Gotta admit I hated both Taris and Hoth as well. Didn't like the landscape of Hoth, and Taris... just got annoying.

I really wish they had set it up so that the time of day would change on all of the planets. I mean they could still have the emotions they were evoking done with time of day(except Hoth because night time would kill you).

Qui-Don Jorn 09-18-2012 05:31 PM

I actually don't mind Hoth anymore but did at first...anyway, thats funny this is a thread about the xbox or something isn't it?

Tommycat 09-18-2012 09:28 PM

It would actually be nice to see an updated version of KotOR, with new graphics and all, but honestly I'm okay if they don't touch it.

Totenkopf 09-18-2012 11:13 PM

I concur, on both points. Also, poll forgot yoda option. Don't have an X-box, so it don't make no difference no-how.

stingerhs 09-18-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totenkopf
Also, poll forgot yoda option.

done. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi_Master Lee
I am wondering if there is anyone out there that would like for Lucas Arts to remake both KOTOR and KOTOR 2:TSL for the pc and make it available one the Xbox 360, that way then for those of us who cant seem to get KOTOR 2:TSL to work we would be able to (plus the fact that the xbox versions are extremely rare now).

i'd like to see it done not just with updated graphics. i'd like to see all the cutscenes get the "Mass Effect" treatment in terms of cinematic quality with contrasting lighting, differing camera angles, more complex animations, and more character interaction.

an update to some of the gameplay would be nice as well. i'm sure purists would howl about changing anything there, but you don't have to change much to improve it. besides, i don't want to just have a game with updated graphics (Halo, i'm looking at you). i want something that's going to make me actually want to spend another $60 on a game that i've played through about 20 times.

at this point, there's probably a lot of people that don't remember this game, anyways. not that its forgettable, but after Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and countless other games, KOTOR is barely thought of any more. its kind of like Sid Meier's Pirates! once you play it, you may not remember it down the road until someone brings it up.

Totenkopf 09-19-2012 01:20 AM

Funny you should mention Pirates. Every so often I'll pull that out, as well as Civ 4 (haven't gotten 5 yet), and give 'em a whirl. The original B&W version of Pirates was one of the first PC games I played back in the 90s when I still had a Mac.

stingerhs 09-19-2012 04:46 AM

that's just my point. we all loved the game, and we all have fond memories of the originals. if they were to announce a remake, i think it would bring back a lot of old fans and introduce a lot of new ones to the game. maybe it would even lead to a KOTOR 3???

DeathScepter 09-19-2012 08:45 PM

as long as the remake is good, I am happy. if Kotor 3 is good, i will be happy. if Kotor 2 remake is good i am happy.

Totenkopf 09-21-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingerhs (Post 2819218)
that's just my point. we all loved the game, and we all have fond memories of the originals. if they were to announce a remake, i think it would bring back a lot of old fans and introduce a lot of new ones to the game. maybe it would even lead to a KOTOR 3???

Yeah, I got that it was your point. Merely meant that I'd probably be the one bringin' it up was all. ;) If they did make an upgraded engine reboot of the Kotor games, I'm sure there'd be a number of people who'd buy them (given good word of mouth esp). Afterall, look how rich Lucas has gotten by going back to the well w/SW reboots/tweaks. Not so sure you'll everget a K3 anytime soon that takes place w/in timeline of KOTOR charachters given all the $$$ thrown at TOR.

stingerhs 09-21-2012 07:01 AM

well, TOR can kiss my backside. i already don't do MMO's for personal reasons, and they want to throw all the dev money into it instead of 50 other projects i'd rather see LA do. come to think of it, a KOTOR remake probably wouldn't make the budget, either. isn't TOR already FTP, anyways?? gone FTP in less than a year isn't a good sign. ;)

mimartin 09-21-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingerhs (Post 2819400)
i already don't do MMO's for personal reasons

Neither do I, but someone talked me into it and I am really happy they did.

No it is not F2P yet, but it will be before long...but F2P is very limited. Will get more people with attitude to try it, which is a good thing IMO. After I tried it, I was sold on it because of the story, but to continue playing after 50 in Ops, they will have to Sub. Which Ops, something I though I would hate, is my favorite part of the game. So I think it is a good thing.

GeneralPloKoon 09-21-2012 11:47 AM

I dunno about about remade, but a HD collection of the KOTOR games for the PS3 would be sweet! Forget dat 360.