LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   [TSL] Visual Enhancment 2013 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211202)

Xarwarz 10-08-2012 12:05 AM

Visual Enhancment 2013
 
Fist these textures were put together by ORIIONZ so credit goes to him there. However i was responsible for the creative direction making sure everything fit and looked right as possible.

i did however add some elements from my 2012 mod into it as well as outdoor textures and malachor v was all done by me.

PLEASE TRY TEXTURES IN GAME BEFORE FINAL JUDGEMENT.. LOOKING AT PICS ALONE DON'T ALWAYS SHOW IT RIGHT

MALACHOR V 2013

Show spoiler


TELOS 2013



NAR SHADDAA 2013

Show spoiler


DANTOOINE 2013

Show spoiler


ONDERON 2013

Show spoiler


KORRIBAN 2013

Show spoiler


PERAGUS 2013

Show spoiler


DXUN 2013

Show spoiler


RAVENGER 2013

Show spoiler


HARBINGER 2013

Show spoiler


EBON HAWK 2013

Show spoiler



LINK

http://www.moddb.com/members/oriionz/addons

----------------------------------------

This is a MODDERS RESOURCE

Heres a tool to extract levels out of kotor and TSL. If you need to covert the models you could use a converter like 3d object converter. Not shure if these would work in game after edit and conversion but its worth a try.

NOTE:This is slightly different from glintercept.....


This is the OpenGLXtractor Windows Tool!

With this tool, it is possible to Capture 3D Data from an OpenGL Application.

Like 3D Mesh, Textures,Shaders,UV's,....and more.


http://members.chello.at/alexan/


PICZ

Show spoiler


Show spoiler


Show spoiler

Canderis 10-08-2012 12:17 AM

The link does not work. Great work though guys. I love most of it, I like some of your older ones a bit better. Like the buildings on nar shadda. But still, none the less brilliant.

Xarwarz 10-08-2012 12:40 AM

Link should be working now....all textures up just waiting for approval

CptPriceless 10-08-2012 05:41 PM

Oh man! Sexyy! <3 You have achieved an impossible task. You have surpassed your[previous]self. :D

Xarwarz 10-08-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptPriceless (Post 2820771)
Oh man! Sexyy! <3 You have achieved an impossible task. You have surpassed your[previous]self. :D

Yea it came out pretty nice

rev1011 10-09-2012 03:18 PM

You modders always impress more and more each year :)
Great work.

battle111 10-09-2012 03:56 PM

Great work !!!!!!!!! great textures!!!!!amazing work!!!!!!!!

Phildevil 10-09-2012 08:38 PM

Wow, I gotta say these are impressive. Here's what I thought, looking at these:

I love how Malachor is portrayed. Gives an Evil/Aristocratic mood and I'd say I like it probably better than your previous version, even though it does not feel as heavy and dangerous.

Now Telos is really interesting. In previous mod, you were going for something more futuristic (the one before that was filled with a lot of flashy colors and pales in comparison of the next ones) whereas it is as if you were going for a look more like the original Telos in HD. So it is a keeper too.

As for Nar Shadaa, I must say it is an awesome improvement. No offense, but previous version was WAY too purple. When do you see purple in a city? Not often. Yellow refers to light and is way better. It might still be a little too much light, though. This particular skin would fit Coruscant better, in my opinion. At least, something more rich. We have to remember that the Nar Shadaa in TSL is the refugee sector, where most people are poor. I doubt they'd use this much light... Still, definitely a keeper!

I would need more pics from Onderon and Dantooine to decide if I like them or not. I can tell that Onderon looks good, but sample's way too small. So might be keepers, but not convinced.

Now for Korriban: I think this is the one planet where few improvements were made from the previous version. I think one version or the other one doesn't really matter and can't see real changes from one version compared to the other one. Not a keeper for me.

Now this Peragus look is pretty interesting. It reminds me of machinery. I might try-it, but there are already some very Peragus skins out there and I might just stick with them. However, if all you've ever played is regular Peragus with no new skin, this version would be a nice change from vanilla.

Dxun: NEEDS SAMPLE! That is way not enough to judge the improvements. Not sure I'll try-it, judging from what I see.

Now for the ships: they are just like Christmas Ships! Not good for the rest of the 360 days of the year. Seriously, they are not sober enough to me. The ravager carries a dark atmosphere that this skin does not convey (the previous version was way better in this matter).

Harbinger has some good, but the blue wall looks out of place compared to the rest, which is pretty tight.

As for the Ebon-Hawk, I prefered the previous mod. Was more blue and clean and less purple.

Xarwarz 10-10-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rev1011 (Post 2820825)
You modders always impress more and more each year :)
Great work.

Thanks i wasn't going to do another one of these but somehow i did

Quote:

Originally Posted by battle111 (Post 2820830)
Great work !!!!!!!!! great textures!!!!!amazing work!!!!!!!!

Thanks enjoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildevil (Post 2820849)
Wow, I gotta say these are impressive. Here's what I thought, looking at these:

I love how Malachor is portrayed. Gives an Evil/Aristocratic mood and I'd say I like it probably better than your previous version, even though it does not feel as heavy and dangerous.

Now Telos is really interesting. In previous mod, you were going for something more futuristic (the one before that was filled with a lot of flashy colors and pales in comparison of the next ones) whereas it is as if you were going for a look more like the original Telos in HD. So it is a keeper too.

As for Nar Shadaa, I must say it is an awesome improvement. No offense, but previous version was WAY too purple. When do you see purple in a city? Not often. Yellow refers to light and is way better. It might still be a little too much light, though. This particular skin would fit Coruscant better, in my opinion. At least, something more rich. We have to remember that the Nar Shadaa in TSL is the refugee sector, where most people are poor. I doubt they'd use this much light... Still, definitely a keeper!

I would need more pics from Onderon and Dantooine to decide if I like them or not. I can tell that Onderon looks good, but sample's way too small. So might be keepers, but not convinced.

Now for Korriban: I think this is the one planet where few improvements were made from the previous version. I think one version or the other one doesn't really matter and can't see real changes from one version compared to the other one. Not a keeper for me.

Now this Peragus look is pretty interesting. It reminds me of machinery. I might try-it, but there are already some very Peragus skins out there and I might just stick with them. However, if all you've ever played is regular Peragus with no new skin, this version would be a nice change from vanilla.

Dxun: NEEDS SAMPLE! That is way not enough to judge the improvements. Not sure I'll try-it, judging from what I see.

Now for the ships: they are just like Christmas Ships! Not good for the rest of the 360 days of the year. Seriously, they are not sober enough to me. The ravager carries a dark atmosphere that this skin does not convey (the previous version was way better in this matter).

Harbinger has some good, but the blue wall looks out of place compared to the rest, which is pretty tight.

As for the Ebon-Hawk, I prefered the previous mod. Was more blue and clean and less purple.


Thanks for the detailed analysis some planets like korriban,dantooine,dxun cant be change to much as it offers so little to do so.

the blue on harbinger is a panal of wall lights since the ship is dark it fits fine to me. ravaenger i always had a hard time getting right i just decided to get away from plain this time. Ebon hawk i thought of making that display white instead of purple it can still be done as a replacement.

PrimitiveMatter 10-10-2012 12:10 PM

Personally, I prefer mods which keep things in a style a bit more consistent with the game as it comes, so this mod isn't really my cup of tea. However, I do applaud your effort, as this must have taken quite some time to complete.

It's not something I will personally be keeping installed, but someone with different tastes to myself will no doubt derive a good deal of enjoyment from using this.

Good job! :)

CrisG 10-10-2012 09:32 PM

Well i am sure you worked hard and did some interesting re texturing but some of them just dont feel right for the SW worlds as I know and study them. but thanks for sharing this.

Scorge 10-11-2012 04:02 PM

Wow those are really nice, Im sure to download em' for next TSL playthrough.

Xarwarz 10-11-2012 04:19 PM

Thanks for the comments all

Phildevil 10-15-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimitiveMatter (Post 2820877)
Personally, I prefer mods which keep things in a style a bit more consistent with the game as it comes, so this mod isn't really my cup of tea. However, I do applaud your effort, as this must have taken quite some time to complete.

It's not something I will personally be keeping installed, but someone with different tastes to myself will no doubt derive a good deal of enjoyment from using this.

Good job! :)

You might wnat to try the Telos one. Think of-it as an HD vanilla version.

Solidino 11-10-2012 12:49 PM

Hi Xarwarz, could u please reupload the files on mediafire or depositfiles (these sites are very faster than light ^^) ?

I'm having problems with gamefront, for some unknown reason, i can't reach to download files anymore.

thanks.

Sith Holocron 11-10-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidino (Post 2822909)
Hi Xarwarz, could u please reupload the files on mediafire or depositfiles (these sites are very faster than light ^^) ?

I'm having problems with gamefront, for some unknown reason, i can't reach to download files anymore.

thanks.

Of course, you could always upload your stuff to Deadly Stream for a more permanent solution.

zero0halo 11-12-2012 01:07 AM

I joined the forums just to say, Thank you. Your re-textures have breathed new life into the game for me.

Xarwarz 11-14-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidino (Post 2822909)
Hi Xarwarz, could u please reupload the files on mediafire or depositfiles (these sites are very faster than light ^^) ?

I'm having problems with gamefront, for some unknown reason, i can't reach to download files anymore.thanks.

if your registered at moddb i think that fix the prob as non registered people get sent to gamefront servers



Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2822917)
Of course, you could always upload your stuff to Deadly Stream for a more permanent solution.

Im not shure if the files would be allowed cause of the size of some of them

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero0halo (Post 2822997)
I joined the forums just to say, Thank you. Your re-textures have breathed new life into the game for me.

Your welcome enjoy

Clockwork 11-24-2012 06:23 PM

Hi Xarwarz - I innstalled the 2013 files and they look great, but I think I'm missing some parts. Here's a screenshot from Peragus. Is it supposed to look like this or am I missing some skins?

http://imgur.com/KHWln

Xarwarz 11-24-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 2823689)
Hi Xarwarz - I innstalled the 2013 files and they look great, but I think I'm missing some parts. Here's a screenshot from Peragus. Is it supposed to look like this or am I missing some skins?

http://imgur.com/KHWln

If u mean the white strips at the bottom....those are lights

Clockwork 11-25-2012 01:50 PM

No, I mean the light grey panels in the middle of the shot. I think they are original KOTOR2 skins, but they seem a bit jaring with what I assume are your darker sinks around them.

Xarwarz 11-25-2012 03:03 PM

Thats how the panels are...u could download the plc files from my older packs to change look

RenegadeSniper7 11-25-2012 05:25 PM

Looks incredible as usual, my only problem is that in one spot the textures on the Ebon Hawk won't load. I had this problem with TSL VE2012 as well, and the texture only loads if I'm using the vanilla textures, otherwise it's just blackness.

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/tTHa7.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sith Holocron 11-26-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeSniper7 (Post 2823733)
Looks incredible as usual, my only problem is that in one spot the textures on the Ebon Hawk won't load. I had this problem with TSL VE2012 as well, and the texture only loads if I'm using the vanilla textures, otherwise it's just blackness.

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/tTHa7.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix?

This has been a problem with almost all of the Ebon Hawk Interior mods I;ve ever seen. As a matter of fact, I put in a request about this ages ago.

RenegadeSniper7 11-26-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2823758)
This has been a problem with almost all of the Ebon Hawk Interior mods I;ve ever seen. As a matter of fact, I put in a request about this ages ago.

Ah, I'd hoped there'd be an easy fix. Maybe someone will see this and make one.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to increase the draw distance of grass? It's dreadfully short and the grass on Dantooine looks horrible since I can constantly see it spawning in as I run.

Blix 11-26-2012 05:41 AM

How did I miss this? I'm loving the enhancements :thmbup1:

Xarwarz 11-26-2012 02:39 PM

Yea i never figured the blank spot out....i just ignored it as i was unsure how to correct it......
And Thanks blix

RenegadeSniper7 11-29-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xarwarz (Post 2823793)
Yea i never figured the blank spot out....i just ignored it as i was unsure how to correct it......
And Thanks blix

Well, purely by chance I was just walking by that part of the Ebon Hawk and I entered the "bright" console command. It made the black spot go away. Screenshot

Xarwarz 11-30-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeSniper7 (Post 2824047)
Well, purely by chance I was just walking by that part of the Ebon Hawk and I entered the "bright" console command. It made the black spot go away. Screenshot

Interesting so does it stay active with the command or does it go away with each module load

RenegadeSniper7 11-30-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xarwarz (Post 2824066)
Interesting so does it stay active with the command or does it go away with each module load

Well, ~bright didn't just make that dark area show the texture, it makes the entire game brighter. It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it yourself in-game, but compare these screenshots:

Without ~bright

With ~bright

And that console command stays on until you restart the game, as far as I know, so the effect wouldn't go away with a module load, I don't think. However, I haven't played with ~bright turned on and actually transitioned modules before, simply because I don't want to play with it turned on, so I can't be sure. I do know that you can't just enter it again to turn it off, you have to restart the game.

So, I assume that the issue stems from that area not getting any lighting? I'm not sure, I'm not an expert. But it seems fixable.

Windgale 02-28-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xarwarz (Post 2823731)
Thats how the panels are...u could download the plc files from my older packs to change look

Sorry for the late post but, my question is this, are you going to be doing a PLC 2013 for this pack? Or should we just go with the previous?

And, an idea on the missing textures from the Ebon Hawk, would it be possible to insert something over those spots (on the floor)? Like some kind of... console thing, like what you wake up on at the start of Peragus? It may be able to hide the spots? Only other thing I can think of, and I apologize if I sound stupid for saying this but, if those spots are separate textures altogether, why not just remove that whole portion of the floor (in that particular hallway) and create a giant, single texture to cover that whole spot? I don't mod, so I am unsure how it works.

Thanks for the work you do, I personally love it. After so many playthroughs, it is nice to see some new things, something to spark new life in a gamers heart.

Zerimar Nyliram 03-02-2013 12:29 AM

These are amazing skins as always, Xarwars, but there are two errors you have continuously made with each year's posting that I wanted to point out: "Ravenger" and "Harbringer" should be Ravager and Harbinger.

I don't mean to be a pest; it's just a little annoyance that I finally had to say something about. ;) Otherwise, keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing this year's work on KOTOR 1 (unless it's already up and I missed it).

[Edit] Oh yeah, and I think it'd be nice if we could see more screenshots of each planet instead of only one image per world. For example, I'd really love to see what the grassy fields and Jedi enclave on Dantooine look like instead of just the interior of Koonda.

Xarwarz 03-03-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windgale (Post 2828762)
Sorry for the late post but, my question is this, are you going to be doing a PLC 2013 for this pack? Or should we just go with the previous?

And, an idea on the missing textures from the Ebon Hawk, would it be possible to insert something over those spots (on the floor)? Like some kind of... console thing, like what you wake up on at the start of Peragus? It may be able to hide the spots? Only other thing I can think of, and I apologize if I sound stupid for saying this but, if those spots are separate textures altogether, why not just remove that whole portion of the floor (in that particular hallway) and create a giant, single texture to cover that whole spot? I don't mod, so I am unsure how it works.

Thanks for the work you do, I personally love it. After so many playthroughs, it is nice to see some new things, something to spark new life in a gamers heart.

You can just use plc from 2012 mod........As far as ebon black texture apparently its a design error nothing i know how to fix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram (Post 2828836)
These are amazing skins as always, Xarwars, but there are two errors you have continuously made with each year's posting that I wanted to point out: "Ravenger" and "Harbringer" should be Ravager and Harbinger.

I don't mean to be a pest; it's just a little annoyance that I finally had to say something about. ;) Otherwise, keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing this year's work on KOTOR 1 (unless it's already up and I missed it).

[Edit] Oh yeah, and I think it'd be nice if we could see more screenshots of each planet instead of only one image per world. For example, I'd really love to see what the grassy fields and Jedi enclave on Dantooine look like instead of just the interior of Koonda.

Thanks for the correction on spelling....i wont be doing a kotor V.E. im working on system shock 2 now this year...sorry bout the one pics but i try to encourage people to try in game to better judge the textures....

DAFFYDAFFY1 04-05-2014 05:19 PM

using a web proxy can be good for gamefront links.
just pick a country that works with the link that appears after clicking download button.

FunkyLeorox 04-22-2014 06:06 PM

Please can you upload somewhere NOT moddb? I get 30kb/s download there and anywhere else I get 25mb/s, i have fios quantum and this really bugs me I get really HUGE files in DAYS, when it should take about 2 minutes for a 2 gb file. I mean common it takes me days to download a 300 mb file and it takes me 10 minutes to download COD MW3? (14gb)

Phildevil 04-22-2014 09:32 PM

Odd, I think speed is usually faster than that at moddb. Are you subscribed at moddb? Maybe that changes something...

Sith Holocron 04-22-2014 10:05 PM

Well, it couldn't hurt for Xarwarz to upload it to several places - like Deadly Stream and NexusMods - especially seeing as this is supposed to be his last Visual Enhancement mod.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.