LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   [KOTOR] Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211728)

Fallen Guardian 01-06-2013 08:53 PM

Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement

Well, to put a long story short, this mod makes the text you see when you investigate into Elassa's murder in the Republic Embassy into an actual cutscene. (For a more detailed description check the ReadMe below.)

ReadMe
Show spoiler

Screenshot
Show spoiler

YouTube Video
Show spoiler

MediaFire Link: DOWNLOAD
KotOR Files Link: DOWNLOAD
Deadly Stream Link: DOWNLOAD
Source Scripts (For Modders): DOWNLOAD

Sithspecter 01-06-2013 09:45 PM

Very nice! This is a clean, simple mod that adds a creative element to the game. I like it.

TWINKEYRUNAWAY 01-06-2013 10:05 PM

Little things like this is why I love the modding community.

90SK 01-06-2013 10:20 PM

Wow! This mod is very solid, a good addition to the game and well done, that cutscene is great! Nice work!

Dak Drexl 01-07-2013 12:08 AM

Really nice!

L0ki194 01-07-2013 03:02 PM

Never did like how it was just a wall of text. Downloaded.

Fallen Guardian 01-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sithspecter (Post 2826214)
Very nice! This is a clean, simple mod that adds a creative element to the game. I like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWINKEYRUNAWAY (Post 2826215)
Little things like this is why I love the modding community.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90 SK (Post 2826217)
Wow! This mod is very solid, a good addition to the game and well done, that cutscene is great! Nice work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dak Drexl (Post 2826228)
Really nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by L0ki194 (Post 2826255)
Never did like how it was just a wall of text. Downloaded.

Thanks all of you. I just remembered that I didn't include the source code for the scripts so I've put a link to them up in the first post, if anyone's interested.

Sith Holocron 01-08-2013 12:27 AM

An instant download. I'm looking forward to putting it my override - forgetting about it - and then being surprised by it when I eventually get back to trying KotOR 1 again!

Dan Warial 01-18-2013 08:45 AM

It's not working for me. Whenever I enter module mnm26ae I'm greeted with main menu. I tried warping but it didn't help. I was using TSLPatcher if you want to know.

L0ki194 01-18-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2826288)
An instant download. I'm looking forward to putting it my override - forgetting about it - and then being surprised by it when I eventually get back to trying KotOR 1 again!

Well, I'm currently playing K1, cause I got mad at TSL. I tried adding ONE single thing to my inventory in KSE, got an error code, go back into the game, and ALL my party members are gone. And, because I'm an idiot and don't keep multiple saves, I couldn't go back. And no autosave. *Facepalm*

Fallen Guardian 01-19-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Warial (Post 2826800)
It's not working for me. Whenever I enter module mnm26ae I'm greeted with main menu. I tried warping but it didn't help. I was using TSLPatcher if you want to know.

Huh, that's strange. Other mods?

Quote:

Originally Posted by L0ki194 (Post 2826823)
Well, I'm currently playing K1, cause I got mad at TSL. I tried adding ONE single thing to my inventory in KSE, got an error code, go back into the game, and ALL my party members are gone. And, because I'm an idiot and don't keep multiple saves, I couldn't go back. And no autosave. *Facepalm*

Weird. I highly doubt it's due to anything with this mod, it sounds something like an issue with the dialog.tlk... what other mods do you have?

L0ki194 01-19-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian (Post 2826847)
Weird. I highly doubt it's due to anything with this mod, it sounds something like an issue with the dialog.tlk... what other mods do you have?

Oh, the problem I said was for The Sith Lords, not because of the Sunry Murder Trial mod. In TSL I tried to add a custom uti I made, but it derped my game. (I had NO party members) And JUST when I actually managed to train Bao-Dur to be a Jedi....

Christos K 01-19-2013 03:25 PM

^I've recently gotten stuck in a save too because I don't like to have more than three saves... On my next playthrough I will use at least five saves.

Revan79 02-04-2013 02:38 AM

I had the same problem that whenever I tried to enter the manm26ae module it took me to the main screen. I even tried to warp and it had problems such as going to the main menu. This caused me to have to warp in the other areas just to complete that world. This was with a clean install of Kotor. The only big mod I have was Yavin IV and that wouldn't affect that. Once I removed the manm26ae from the modules and put the old one back in, with the back up it saved I had no problems. I'm glad I am not the only one that had issues as was stated already. Is there anyway for you to fix this Fallen Guardian as the mod looks cool. Thank you.

Fallen Guardian 02-05-2013 07:26 AM

Wow, that's strange. Did you install it with the TSLPatcher? Also, besides Yavin and this mod, what other mods do you have installed?

Revan79 02-07-2013 02:05 AM

Maybe it had to be the Yavin IV mod afterall. I have no clue. I did another install of the game. I only kept the items from that mod and this time I did manual install of your sunry enhancement and I had no problems warping or loading into that area. I really didn't have any other big mods besides Yavin IV but maybe it did something that was conflicting. Mods are a funny thing. But I have it working now. :)

Fallen Guardian 02-07-2013 10:52 PM

All right cool, good to know.

Zhaboka 02-08-2013 03:46 AM

I'm playing through KotOR on my Windows 7, Intel Core 2 (2.13 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 8500 computer, and I've just run into the same bug Dan Warial and Revan79 had. In addition to the Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement, I also have BoS:SR, the KotOR Restoration Project demo, the Tatooine Jabba's Palace mod, Shem's Enhanced Merchants, LDR's KotOR Improvement Mod, and TannerBill's Content Pack 1 installed, as well as a bunch of reskin mods that I don't think would affect any of this. Any thoughts? Am I screwed?

Fallen Guardian 02-08-2013 04:53 PM

Try using the prepackaged module that is in the Manual Installation folder that came with the mod. I'm thinking the issue might be something to do with the TSLPatcher installation... I'll get back to you on that idea though.

Zhaboka 02-08-2013 07:38 PM

So just drop it in to the modules folder and replace whichever one's there already?

EDIT: I went ahead and tested it the way I just specified, and it worked. I still have a back-up of the old module, so I'll let you know if anything else goes wrong. Thanks, Fallen!

EDIT 2: I completed Manaan with no other bugs/crashes. Once again, thanks!

Fallen Guardian 02-09-2013 09:17 AM

Awesome! Now I need to figure out why the TSLPatcher install is causing problems...

Zerimar Nyliram 02-09-2013 02:54 PM

Looks like Sunry shot first. ;)

Zhaboka 02-09-2013 11:05 PM

Oh, right, that's the other thing. Sunry says he shot Elassa while she was sleeping, and this is confirmed in Jolee's and Revan's dialogues. But the recording shows them both walking in and her being completely awake when he shoots her. I guess it's fathomable that Sunry could be lying, but why would he lie to make Elassa seem more helpless than less? Would it be possible to alter the recording so that it shows Elassa sleeping and Sunry already in the room, pacing, and then shooting her?

Fallen Guardian 02-10-2013 09:20 AM

I could try. The reason I didn't do that originally though was mostly due to limitations with the game engine, but I'll see what I can do.

CptPriceless 02-10-2013 02:14 PM

On Taris, weren't there people hungover in that Sith Party? You could try to find that animation.

Zhaboka 02-10-2013 03:18 PM

Yeah, or somehow find the animation from when the Exile is asleep on the Ebon Hawk and has the visions. You would have to show her dying, you could just have Sunry fire as the recording cuts/fades out.

Fallen Guardian 02-11-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptPriceless (Post 2827924)
On Taris, weren't there people hungover in that Sith Party? You could try to find that animation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhaboka (Post 2827900)
Oh, right, that's the other thing. Sunry says he shot Elassa while she was sleeping, and this is confirmed in Jolee's and Revan's dialogues. But the recording shows them both walking in and her being completely awake when he shoots her. I guess it's fathomable that Sunry could be lying, but why would he lie to make Elassa seem more helpless than less? Would it be possible to alter the recording so that it shows Elassa sleeping and Sunry already in the room, pacing, and then shooting her?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhaboka (Post 2827925)
Yeah, or somehow find the animation from when the Exile is asleep on the Ebon Hawk and has the visions. You would have to show her dying, you could just have Sunry fire as the recording cuts/fades out.

I actually just looked at the original BioWare dialogue for the computer, where the text described to you Sunry's murder of Elassa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioWare; man26bigcomp.dlg
[The computer screen switches to a fish-eye view from some sort of small surveillance device on a wall.]

[A beautiful young woman enters the room, followed by a much older man.]

[As she walks farther into the room, he softly closes the door, pulls a blaster, and shoots her in the back.]

So with this you can see why I went the way I went. I don't know if BioWare intentionally made Sunry's account of the events inaccurate or if it wanted the Republic's view to be inaccurate or it was just plain inconsistency, so, what I'd like to know is what you guys would like me to do. Change it to line up with what Sunry says? Or just leave it as it is now?

LDR 02-11-2013 08:41 PM

Leave it as it is. I think the whole 'Sunry is a cripple' was just a blatant lie to make him seem like an innocent old man.

Zhaboka 02-12-2013 01:32 AM

Yeah, that's a really good point, I had forgotten about the original text on the terminal. Forget I said anything.

Fallen Guardian 08-03-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Warial (Post 2826800)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revan79 (Post 2827597)
I had the same problem that whenever I tried to enter the manm26ae module it took me to the main screen. I even tried to warp and it had problems such as going to the main menu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhaboka (Post 2827803)
I'm playing through KotOR on my Windows 7, Intel Core 2 (2.13 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 8500 computer, and I've just run into the same bug Dan Warial and Revan79 had.

After a long time I finally got around to fixing the bug with the TSL Patcher installation. The original post's download links have been changed to reflect the update.

milestails 08-03-2013 11:10 PM

Thanks for the update!

GeorgNihilus 08-04-2013 11:52 AM

Interesting indeed ...

Excellent FG! thanks for the patcher update ... although I don't have that module tweaked fortunately so manual copy should do it ... bug was present only with previous TSL patcher installation or manual module copy too?? :raise:

looks like sort of must-have cutscene indeed :thmbup1:

Fallen Guardian 08-05-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milestails (Post 2836345)
Thanks for the update!

No problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus (Post 2836354)
Excellent FG! thanks for the patcher update ... although I don't have that module tweaked fortunately so manual copy should do it ... bug was present only with previous TSL patcher installation or manual module copy too?? :raise:

looks like sort of must-have cutscene indeed :thmbup1:

Thanks. In the previous version the bug was only present in the TSL Patcher installation, manual installation caused everything to run smoothly.

Fallen Guardian 08-07-2013 01:32 PM

Sorry for the double post - version 2.0 had a bug slip by me too. I've now uploaded a version 3.0 which corrects the problem, links have been changed to reflect the fix. If problems still ocurr with the TSL Patcher installation override your installation with the manual one.

CrisG 08-08-2013 06:49 AM

Superb idea ..looks great, am about to start a replay with all of the restorations to date to test them all and this will be a great addition. thanks :)

GeorgNihilus 11-03-2013 10:31 AM

Awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian (Post 2836489)
Sorry for the double post -version 2.0 had a bug slip by me too-. I've now uploaded a version 3.0 which corrects the problem, links have been changed to reflect the fix. If problems still ocurr with the TSL Patcher installation override your installation with the manual one.

a good decision from my part about checking this thread just before installing 2.0 ... and even better to find deadlystream link working 'cause kotorfiles link isn't for me ...

thx again for ALL your continuos modding efforts :thmbup1: