LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Community Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=637)
-   -   'Star Wars' Characters Who Deserve Solo Film (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211897)

sctownsend 02-15-2013 10:22 AM

'Star Wars' Characters Who Deserve Solo Film
 
Now that Disney chief Bob Iger has confirmed that we will get Star Wars filmsoutside of the main episodes, which center on the Skywalker family, let's take a look at some characters who deserve their own films.

For the list, visit: http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...rve-solo-films

Bizard 04-10-2013 05:10 PM

I think Asajj Ventress deserves her own solo film because she's become quite an interesting anti-hero type character and that type of character can go places.

HED 07-27-2013 06:06 PM

I think Star Wars works better as an ensemble. A solo film wouldn't feel right, to me.

Darth Avlectus 07-27-2013 09:08 PM

Jango and Boba Fett. I think the plot for the Bounty Hunter game could have been its own movie, and Boba has had some good adventures.

Darth Bane: Don't change anything from the novels, make a trilogy exactly like the novels, period.

The Exile. The Revan novel did NOT do this one justice. Much as I like Karpyshyn with his works and the fact he cared enough to make a Revan Novel, I honestly don't like the fact she was little more than a plot device to stick Revan into SWTOR.
For that matter I favor TSL of the two games, but there was a whole lot which simply wasn't explained and plot holes.

HED 07-29-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus (Post 2836014)
The Exile. The Revan novel did NOT do this one justice. Much as I like Karpyshyn with his works and the fact he cared enough to make a Revan Novel, I honestly don't like the fact she was little more than a plot device to stick Revan into SWTOR.
For that matter I favor TSL of the two games, but there was a whole lot which simply wasn't explained and plot holes.

The problem I have with things like the Revan novel, and any potential stuff with the Exile is that that the two of them weren't really independent characters. They were made to be shaped by the players, which is I think why people like them so much. They're very much characters for video games. It is trickier to deal with characters like Revan and the Exile in mediums such as novels and film because there's nothing firm to base their character on.

Totenkopf 07-31-2013 03:25 AM

Or, whatever becomes "canon" will merely aggravate a lot of people who had much different visions of the 2. The Fett's probably could be done as a stand alone. Hell, even Han Solo and Chewbacca before meeting Luke and Ben would have a decent backstory. Even Lando, or he could be interwoven w/Han and wookie story.

Alexrd 07-31-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus (Post 2836014)
Jango and Boba Fett.

I would add Windu, Kenobi and Maul. I think they should exploit (in a good way) these characters while their respective actors can reprise the roles. And since these were created by Lucas, I would expect him to have some kind of involvement with the story.

duster 07-31-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HED (Post 2835985)
I think Star Wars works better as an ensemble. A solo film wouldn't feel right, to me.

^Agree.

setlec 10-18-2013 05:10 AM

i guess i would like to see a tiny Palpatine training , then Kyle Katarn story are quite interesting enough to get a movie. But honestly a Yoda movie would be awesome there are so little info of Yoda's life story.

Lynk Former 10-18-2013 06:42 AM

Totally agree with the ensemble comment... however, if I had to choose... Dash Rendar.

...but maybe they COULD do an ensemble film or film series... you could base one on Rogue Squadron :D :D :D

GrandMasterMarek 06-28-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizard (Post 2830778)
I think Asajj Ventress deserves her own solo film because she's become quite an interesting anti-hero type character and that type of character can go places.

I agree I would like to see what happened to her after her last duel with Anakin


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.