LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Holowan Laboratories (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   [WIP] Scorge's WIP (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=212140)

Scorge 04-15-2013 02:30 PM

Scorge's WIP
 
Hey Guys, I created this new W.I.P Since my old one doesn't say "Scorge". I will be updating this thread every week with stuff like Daily Polls, and a Star Wars Song of the Week. [Just want to add extra content to the thread ;)]

My current WIP is a Darth Revan reskin. The reason I'm starting with the regular simple things is because I used to take on the hard stuff and never release a mod because they took so long and were tough. Well now I'm going through the easy stuff.

Although I am working on the 4th of July Mod, I would say the reskin as my current one.

The programs I use for textures are Adobe Photoshop CS2, and Adobe ImageReady CS2.

Here's a screenie of the texture in Photoshop.

http://min.us/lfpqcy5bpwGe9

I will fix many parts of the reskin, this is just a draft.

DAILY POLL

Should this mod include its very own Weapon set, quest, and Module? Or would that be too much just for a simple reskin?

Star Wars Song of the Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaCVoF0V4Cs

-Scorge

battle111 04-15-2013 02:35 PM

Interesting skin and cool music !!!

Sith Holocron 04-16-2013 05:03 PM

For your poll: No. Start small. You'll also have a better chance of compatibility if you don't introduce new modules.

supreme kotor 04-19-2013 10:27 PM

Sith Holocron has a point maybe feature it in a later mod you make? Just my idea I like it a lot.

Scorge 04-19-2013 11:29 PM

I was against the idea the whole time, I just wanted to know what the community thinks, I will post an Update Every Sunday and Monday if I can.

Sith Holocron 04-20-2013 12:18 AM

OK, I have a three ideas for you.

Speficially for your 4th of July edition: Sparklers. Have a lightsaber tube emit a lot sparks at the end of it. Obviously it would be a melee weapon as you're using an unlit lightsaber as the base model.

Another idea that you could extend to all of your planned editions: Update the banners and lighted signs throughout the game for each season/holiday. For starters, the Mandalorian banners on Dxun, the ones in the Dantooine Administrator building, all of the electric signage on Nar Shaddaa.

Last idea: For your eventual December Holiday one, why not find royalty free Holiday music and have the bands play it in the various cantinas?

Scorge 04-20-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2831245)
OK, I have a three ideas for you.

Speficially for your 4th of July edition: Sparklers. Have a lightsaber tube emit a lot sparks at the end of it. Obviously it would be a melee weapon as you're using an unlit lightsaber as the base model.

Another idea that you could extend to all of your planned editions: Update the banners and lighted signs throughout the game for each season/holiday. For starters, the Mandalorian banners on Dxun, the ones in the Dantooine Administrator building, all of the electric signage on Nar Shaddaa.

Last idea: For your eventual December Holiday one, why not find royalty free Holiday music and have the bands play it in the various cantinas?

I like those ideas, but I have no clue how to do the sparklers. I will do the last 2 ideas, as I think they are great. I will find some free 4th of July/Independance day music for cantinas as well. [Twi'leks singing the national anthem xD]

Scorge 04-29-2013 05:28 PM

Hey guys, sorry I missed the update last week. I didn't get much time to work on the Revan Reskin but I'll just continue on with the rest of the stuff.

DAILY POLL

What would be a great simple addition for the Revan Reskin?

Star Wars Song of the Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awgAzxysyu0

-Scorge

Scorge 05-04-2013 11:33 AM

No simple addition? I'll just release the reskin, which you will need cheats to use. By the way, Sithspecter let me use his Revan Cape Fix with this mod so 50% credit to him :D

Scorge 08-22-2013 10:49 PM

Well, this place is empty. No more of that "Weekly" stuff but however, I plan to do a comeback with Area Models. So stay tuned!

Zhaboka 08-23-2013 12:37 AM

YAY. You were showing off some extremely promising stuff in that department a long while back. Looking forward to it.

Scorge 08-23-2013 11:57 AM

Okay, I'm going to start off with a small area, comment on what I should model. [Like a small Interior or something.]

So here's a small poll,

A: A small office
B: An Old Jedi Shrine
C: A Factory
D: Other [Reply on thread] - MUST BE AREA MODEL [Hehe SH.]

POLL ENDING 8/27/13

Reply which choice,

PS: I'm not using the thread poll because I'm going to use it for something a little more major.

Canderis 08-23-2013 12:06 PM

What do you plan to do with the modules when you finish making them?

Scorge 08-23-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canderis (Post 2837107)
What do you plan to do with the modules when you finish making them?

Release them as a modders resource.

Darth InSidious 08-23-2013 12:28 PM

I vote for B. There's a lot of Sith stuff about; not so much Jedi material.

Warlord664 08-23-2013 01:02 PM

I'll put a vote on C. Glad you're back modding again :thmbup1:

Canderis 08-23-2013 01:03 PM

I vote for A then, mostly because i might want to use it for my mod im working on :p It would also be a pretty good, easy place to start.

Scorge 08-23-2013 01:10 PM

I guess I could do all three, starting with whichever has the most votes. MAYBE.

Codeluke 08-23-2013 01:11 PM

I vote A as well

newbiemodder 08-23-2013 09:32 PM

{D} I say a ship..interior at least. Something the size of a shuttle or small to mid-size like the EH.

How about an inside to a Jawa Sandcrawler..for K1 at least.

supreme kotor 08-23-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbiemodder (Post 2837140)
{D} I say a ship..interior at least. Something the size of a shuttle or small to mid-size like the EH.

How about an inside to a Jawa Sandcrawler..for K1 at least.

Seconding both of these....

Zhaboka 08-24-2013 02:40 PM

B for me.

LDR 08-24-2013 05:57 PM

I'm leaning towards B.

Sith Holocron 08-24-2013 08:15 PM

I'll choose "D" and I'm explain myself. I am more interested - at present - on what you'll come up with for "tidying up" Trex's module textures than seeing new room models.

Scorge 08-24-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2837180)
I'll choose "D" and I'm explain myself. I am more interested - at present - on what you'll come up with for "tidying up" Trex's module textures than seeing new room models.

I don't know what this has to do with the matter at hand, but Trex still hasn't replied to the visitor message reply that I posted.

Sith Holocron 08-25-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorge (Post 2837183)
I don't know what this has to do with the matter at hand

You had an "Other" option available. I chose it. ;)

I'm just more interested in seeing your textures than new models at the moment. As my mods have all been texture based, this should not be that surprising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorge (Post 2837183)
but Trex still hasn't replied to the visitor message reply that I posted.

Trex did reply . . . perhaps you missed it.

Quote:

Yes. Industrial, but also with some electrical parts. One of the other planets has a metal steampunk thing going on, so this one needs to look similarly industrialized, but also different.

Hope that makes sense. ;)
I'm guessing he means less rusty. It sounds like he's giving you wide latitude in how to interpret the planet. (That's awfully complimentary of him.) You might want to inquire with Trex - perhaps via PMs? - if you need further input.

Scorge 08-27-2013 10:21 PM

Well the poll ended today, and the winner is B: Old Jedi Shrine.
Within the next few weeks, I will post updates on the area model.

Stay tuned! :D

newbiemodder 08-28-2013 11:06 AM

Jedi Shrine is cool...wasn't there a cool Jedi shrine in either Jedi Academy, or Jedi Outcast? It was inside a mountain or cave like the Mines of Moria from LOR...you had to go down a series of steps to get to the actual tomb/shrine...might be some inspiration for you.

Fair Strides 2 08-28-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbiemodder (Post 2837295)
Jedi Shrine is cool...wasn't there a cool Jedi shrine in either Jedi Academy, or Jedi Outcast? It was inside a mountain or cave like the Mines of Moria from LOR...you had to go down a series of steps to get to the actual tomb/shrine...might be some inspiration for you.

Yeah, I enjoyed that area!!! It was one of the missions in Jedi Academy. It was available right after you got the chance to get something other than the single lightsaber.

Saber combat in those games was great, and realistic, no?

Scorge 08-28-2013 12:13 PM

Can you post a picture of it? I don't necessarily remember.

Warlord664 08-28-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorge (Post 2837303)
Can you post a picture of it? I don't necessarily remember.

Search for Jedi Academy Chandrila pics and it should bring up what you need.

Zhaboka 08-28-2013 01:53 PM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...sense_tomb.jpg

newbiemodder 08-28-2013 02:43 PM

I think this is it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8y01STDMs

Darth InSidious 08-28-2013 03:58 PM

It was a Jedi tomb.

Scorge 08-28-2013 09:09 PM

Oh yes now I remember, I plan to do something similar. I'm still designing the area.

Scorge 09-06-2013 10:01 PM

Hey guys, just bumping the thread, expect an update tomorrow. :D

Scorge 09-07-2013 10:43 PM

Sorry, no update YET I'm not exactly prepared to announce the new update, sorry but I will post an update in a few days. :)

Internet Problems.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.