LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Holowan Laboratories (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   [TSL WIP] Tomb of Ak-Rev (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=212152)

supreme kotor 04-17-2013 09:56 PM

Tomb of Ak-Rev

Well it's here my first real WIP and im excited. :D

*Story*

Show spoiler

*Major Charecters*
Show spoiler

What do you guys think?

Thanks- Supreme Kotor

Screenshots Tommorow;)

GeorgNihilus 04-17-2013 10:29 PM

Not a bad start at all ...

so ...
Show spoiler

u talking about a WHOLE new planet? really? :brow:

VarsityPuppet 04-17-2013 11:26 PM

Where's the screenshots?

Canderis 04-18-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831126)
Screenshots Tommorow;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet (Post 2831132)
Where's the screenshots?

There.

Zhaboka 04-18-2013 02:35 AM

I like the idea. Whole new planet is a big undertaking though... steady wins the race...?

supreme kotor 04-18-2013 06:33 AM

Ok the screenshots will come later but for now I wanted to clarify. The tomb of Ak-Rev does add a new planet but it's not that long it's almost playable and it's taking me about an hour to play through. (That's longer than Korriban takes me)

Vindikorr 04-18-2013 10:57 AM

Looks nice, how far along is the mod?

supreme kotor 04-18-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vindikorr (Post 2831152)
Looks nice, how far along is the mod?

Story:100%(ish)
Modules choosen:100%
Modules reskined 33%
Npc/Placeable/ect... Placement 20%
Voice:0%
NPC reskins: 20%

supreme kotor 04-18-2013 04:34 PM

EDIT:
Unification:
Scroll down a little for screenshots

LDR 04-18-2013 05:40 PM

The textures look a little saturated, but good job! Looking forward to more.

Oh, and if you need a DLG Reviewer, look no further than me. :)

Scorge 04-18-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDR (Post 2831166)

Speaking of which, if you need help with textures, I'm the guy for that job.

Nice job so far! :thmbup1:

supreme kotor 04-18-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDR (Post 2831166)
The textures look a little saturated, but good job! Looking forward to more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorge (Post 2831168)
Speaking of which, if you need help with textures, I'm the guy for that job.

Nice job so far! :thmbup1:

Thanks I will PM you guys soon.

EDIT: I am proud to announce that Scorge will be helping with textures and LDR will be the DLG Reviewer :D

Fair Strides 2 04-19-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831158)
Story:100%(ish)
Modules choosen:100%
Modules reskined 33%
Npc/Placeable/ect... Placement 20%
Voice:0%
NPC reskins: 20%

How about Scripts, booleans, and numbers?

supreme kotor 04-19-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 (Post 2831209)
How about Scripts, booleans, and numbers?

Haha I knew someone woud bring thoose up... Well lets just say they're making me cry:cry8: im having alot of issues with triggers and I do still need to add jounral entries and such.

Fair Strides 2 04-19-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831160)
Hey im sorry guys I did mean to get you guys more screenshots but real life is in the way today.I will post more this weekend.

Unification:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...181317485.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...181316576.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...181317228.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...181316410.jpg/

I will remove the soldeirs bodys ASAP but forgot to do before the pics.

Liking the green! Will you be making the yellow panels green as well? As long as you don't re-size the textures, the animation will still work. Or if you do want to re-size them, you oughta be able to re-create the .txi by following this.(search down a few posts for a more thorough and tidier explanation...)

supreme kotor 04-19-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 (Post 2831214)
Liking the green! Will you be making the yellow panels green as well? As long as you don't re-size the textures, the animation will still work. Or if you do want to re-size them, you oughta be able to re-create the .txi by following this.(search down a few posts for a more thorough and tidier explanation...)

Yep I actually already made them green I will kill off thoose links and update them today as I removed the bodies and started to add placeables.

Ps. This is kind of a mini contest I need a Mandolorian armor that looks as if the Mandalorian is high rank and will set him apart from the rest of the Mandolorians. The winner will get there skin in the game for a pretty important charecter and full credit in the read-me.

Thanks- Supreme Kotor

supreme kotor 04-19-2013 09:03 PM

We it's not much but heres an update on the Unification:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...191733303.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...191732408.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...191732275.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...191732008.jpg/

A few notes:
I know that guy dosent have a head im working on it...
Look at the contest above and PM me if intrested
I don't know how to make a pole:confused: so this is my own little pole PM me or post here.

A little background:
This part of the planet is an abandoned settlement that no one knows who used to live there. Should I:
1) Reskin The part of the Restoration area right before you go into the old base.
2) Make the module my self (Will Slow production)

Thanks- Supreme Kotor

Vindikorr 04-20-2013 04:19 AM

A reskin would probably be a better idea. Not slating your ability or anything but new modules are hard to make. I made one once and it worked but it was sooo tedious to do. The worst time of my life *shakes head*

supreme kotor 04-20-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vindikorr (Post 2831250)
A reskin would probably be a better idea. Not slating your ability or anything but new modules are hard to make. I made one once and it worked but it was sooo tedious to do. The worst time of my life *shakes head*

Thanks I will definitely keep that In mind. :)

Due to a boxing injury I will be in the hospital the next couple days but will resume working on this mod ASAP.

Thanks guys- Supreme Kotor

Viralfelon 04-20-2013 06:33 PM

Get well soon

supreme kotor 04-20-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viralfelon (Post 2831272)
Get well soon

Thanks I still have my phone so I'm still around the threads

supreme kotor 04-21-2013 03:35 PM

Im back!!

Good news and more good news!!!

Good news:
Show spoiler

More good news:
Show spoiler

Zhaboka 04-21-2013 06:16 PM

Hope that injury heals quickly. That's a good start for a reskin of the Fredon Nadd tomb, but maybe try to make it more dark blue/gray to distinguish it from the original?

supreme kotor 04-21-2013 09:22 PM

^ Thanks I'm gonna play with the light maps a bit and see what I end up with. Hmmm I feel some NPC screen shots coming soon :D

Vindikorr 04-22-2013 10:58 AM

I agree with Zhaboka, it's very similar to the original. Obviously don't change it so much that it loses it's dark side feel but some sort of distinguishing feature might be nice. Looking good though and I'm glad you're OK.

supreme kotor 04-25-2013 06:33 PM

Just letting you guys know this mod is still fully alive and I am working on it everyday. It's at a little bit of a standstill as far as updates because I'm doing boring stuff like triggers and Jounral entiries nothing screenshot worthy.

-Supreme Kotor

Sith Holocron 04-25-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831478)
It's at a little bit of a standstill as far as updates because I'm doing boring stuff like triggers and journal entries - nothing screenshot worthy.

It isn't boring to me. I wish I had the patience to learn that sort of stuff.

GeorgNihilus 04-26-2013 04:41 PM

Good to hear it

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831478)
Just letting you guys know this mod is still fully alive and I am working on it everyday. It's at a little bit of a standstill as far as updates because I'm doing boring stuff like triggers and Jounral entiries nothing screenshot worthy.

-Supreme Kotor

keep up the good/awesome work. I know u not leaving us behind ... :smoke2:

supreme kotor 05-01-2013 05:07 PM

Update!

Maybe it's about time I cleaned some of the dust off this thread. (Spray Spray Wipe Wipe) *That was me cleaning off this thread* Now for some screens:

Started work on the Unifications Crew Quarters today and personally im liking what im seeing:

When you first walk in

One of the four rooms

Just a hallway

One of thoose computer rooms

The Med Lab

Technicial update: Well thoose screen shots were for thoose of you that well... like screenshots. For thoose of you that are more intrested in the rest of the stuff heres some of what I did while I was away; Placed alot of NPC's, learned how to make NPC's walk waypoints:), Wrote some dialog, Im also sending some of the dialog to LDR this weekend so yeah...

My little side notes: I am also working on Holiday Mods, I encurage anyone who want's to to work on it as well. Also I don't know if it's just Imageshack or what but the module is ALOT brighter in game? And I know I lied ;) about the NPC screen shots but I just really wasn't happy with alot of them so I umm scraped them all :eek:.

Enjoy- Supreme Kotor

Fair Strides 2 05-01-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831721)
Maybe it's about time I cleaned some of the dust off this thread. (Spray Spray Wipe Wipe) *That was me cleaning off this thread* Now for some screens:

Started work on the Unifications Crew Quarters today and personally im liking what im seeing:

When you first walk in

One of the four rooms

Just a hallway

One of thoose computer rooms

The Med Lab

Technicial update: Well thoose screen shots were for thoose of you that well... like screenshots. For thoose of you that are more intrested in the rest of the stuff heres some of what I did while I was away; Placed alot of NPC's, learned how to make NPC's walk waypoints:), Wrote some dialog, Im also sending some of the dialog to LDR this weekend so yeah...

My little side notes: I am also working on Holiday Mods, I encurage anyone who want's to to work on it as well. Also I don't know if it's just Imageshack or what but the module is ALOT brighter in game? And I know I lied ;) about the NPC screen shots but I just really wasn't happy with alot of them so I umm scraped them all :eek:.

Enjoy- Supreme Kotor

I'm also liking what I'm seeing! I haven't really tried too hard to learn waypoints but I should. I can help if you want dialogue critiqued and/or revised.

So have you not found the little computer screen texture, or just not gotten around to editing it? My other tutorial was about accessing the games original texture .txi info if you're having issues with them not animating after texturing the.(Hypothetically, the only issue with editing those files is re-sizing them, since .txi files animate by being told how big a frame is and how many there are horizontally and vertically.)

supreme kotor 05-01-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 (Post 2831723)
I can help if you want dialogue critiqued and/or revised.

So have you not found the little computer screen texture, or just not gotten around to editing it? My other tutorial was about accessing the games original texture .txi info if you're having issues with them not animating after texturing the.(Hypothetically, the only issue with editing those files is re-sizing them, since .txi files animate by being told how big a frame is and how many there are horizontally and vertically.)

Hmmm I thought I had taken care of those? I will have to check but I will PM you about the above.

Vindikorr 05-02-2013 01:05 PM

Looking nice, one thing though: the doors look a lot darker than the rest of the skin, I guess this is to do with aurora lighting in the module which will be dark because it's the harbinger. I would suggest messing around with the lighting or making new door textures that are lighter.

Keep up the good work!

GeorgNihilus 05-02-2013 06:59 PM

Interesting ...

Nice job. Now ... how about your advances about triggers, journal entries and the dialogs, dude? percentages? ;P

keep up the good work :thmbup1:

Scorge 05-02-2013 09:15 PM

Are you gonna put up my reskin soon? Can't wait to see it with the new lightmaps. :p

supreme kotor 05-02-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vindikorr (Post 2831739)
Looking nice, one thing though: the doors look a lot darker than the rest of the skin, I guess this is to do with aurora lighting in the module which will be dark because it's the harbinger. I would suggest messing around with the lighting or making new door textures that are lighter.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks and yeah I will work on the doors thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus (Post 2831752)
Nice job. Now ... how about your advances about triggers, journal entries and the dialogs, dude? percentages? ;P

keep up the good work :thmbup1:

Nope I won't give percentages because they might have gone down :lol: the unification was just going to be kind of a placeholder but I've decided to add some side quests to it. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorge (Post 2831755)
Are you gonna put up my reskin soon? Can't wait to see it with the new lightmaps. :p

Yep I'm actually still working on the light maps I have completly ruined three sets of them :lol: trying to make it the best but I can PM you a pic of what I think I'm going to do. :)

Side note: maybe NPC screens soon? Hmmm I gotta see what my dialog guys think about them... :afro1:

Until then- Supreme Kotor :beam2:

supreme kotor 05-09-2013 09:12 PM

Hey all,

So how's life? Oh wait that's not why I'm here, I'm here to give you an update. Well I made it myself and I'm no Quanon but trust me it fits my uses for it perfectly. I do still need to uv-map it, add a walkmesh, and well get it into the game;).

Show spoiler

What do you think-Supreme Kotor

LDR 05-09-2013 09:44 PM

You've only been here for a few months and you're already a better modder than me.

That is great! Keep it up!

Zhaboka 05-10-2013 01:43 AM

Looks neat and practical! Very impressive for a first model!

Fair Strides 2 05-10-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2832244)
Hey all,

So how's life? Oh wait that's not why I'm here, I'm here to give you an update. Well I made it myself and I'm no Quanon but trust me it fits my uses for it perfectly. I do still need to uv-map it, add a walkmesh, and well get it into the game;).

Show spoiler

What do you think-Supreme Kotor

Given that I'm no great shakes at modelling(the extent being recreating the sash-less dancer outfit), I'd say GREAT JOB! :)

supreme kotor 05-10-2013 03:27 PM

Edit: WooooooHooooo 2 pages :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDR (Post 2832246)
You've only been here for a few months and you're already a better modder than me.

That is great! Keep it up!

Iwouldent go that far ;). But seriously thanks it really does boost my ego.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptPriceless (Post 2832249)
Woah, that looks brilliant!

Thanks im glad you like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhaboka (Post 2832262)
Looks neat and practical! Very impressive for a first model!

Same thing I said to LDR (mostly) Thanks a lot it really does boost my ego.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 (Post 2832288)
Given that I'm no great shakes at modelling(the extent being recreating the sash-less dancer outfit), I'd say GREAT JOB! :)

Woah sash-less! Why haven't I seen this? You got some explaining to do. Thanks.

-Supreme Kotor