LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Holowan Laboratories (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
-   -   Healing Aurora (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=212199)

supreme kotor 05-03-2013 04:14 PM

Healing Aurora
 
So basically I have a Kolto tank that you can walk into and I was wondering is there anyway (not through dialog more like a trigger?) to make it so when you walk into the tank you will heal. Now I do have an idea but I have no clue how to go about this. My idea was to "reverse" the effects of poison (heals you instead of hurts) and make that now "poison" get cast into the PC when he enters the tank. So my question(s):

1. Is the even possible?

2. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks-Supreme Kotor

Zhaboka 05-03-2013 04:24 PM

Just in case this does get made and released, I believe the word you're looking for is "aura." Sorry for my nitpickiness.

Fair Strides 2 05-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831791)
So basically I have a Kolto tank that you can walk into and I was wondering is there anyway (not through dialog more like a trigger?) to make it so when you walk into the tank you will heal. Now I do have an idea but I have no clue how to go about this. My idea was to "reverse" the effects of poison (heals you instead of hurts) and make that now "poison" get cast into the PC when he enters the tank. So my question(s):

1. Is the even possible?

2. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks-Supreme Kotor

Well, the trigger is a nice idea for this approach. It is entirely possible, but I have a few questions?

1. Do you want a gradual healing?

2. Do you want negative effects randomly removed or completely removed?

Either way, you can make a trigger, place it in a .git(or through scripting) to cover the proximity of the kolto tank, with a script the trigger activates.

supreme kotor 05-03-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 (Post 2831794)
Well, the trigger is a nice idea for this approach. It is entirely possible, but I have a few questions?

1. Do you want a gradual healing?

2. Do you want negative effects randomly removed or completely removed?

Either way, you can make a trigger, place it in a .git(or through scripting) to cover the proximity of the kolto tank, with a script the trigger activates.

Thanks I can take care of the trigger... It's more of the script I need help with. And I would prefer negative effects removed and gradual healing but I'm not too picky.

Ps. Thanks Z. :lol:

Fair Strides 2 05-03-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831795)
Thanks I can take care of the trigger... It's more of the script I need help with. And I would prefer negative effects removed and gradual healing but I'm not too picky.

Ps. Thanks Z. :lol:

If you want, I can get back to you with a script later. All you'll have to specify is how much you want healed and how often. An example being 5 points/second or 15 points/3 seconds, okay?

supreme kotor 05-03-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 (Post 2831801)
If you want, I can get back to you with a script later. All you'll have to specify is how much you want healed and how often. An example being 5 points/second or 15 points/3 seconds, okay?

Thanks so much Fair Strides we can do 5 points/second that would be perfect. Just out og my own curiosity I tried to make a script myslef looking at some of the scource scripts does any scripter know if this would work for an instant heal?

My script: (Im sorry if the makes you scripters cry it's prob a bunch of garbage)
Code:

#include "k_inc_debug"

#include "k_inc_force"


void main()

{
   
int nItem = GetSpellId();
 
 int nSkill = GetSkillRank(SKILL_TREAT_INJURY);
   
effect eHeal;
 
 int bHeal = TRUE;
 

if(bHeal == TRUE)
   
{
       
eHeal = EffectHeal(nSkill);
       
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eHeal, GetSpellTarget());
     
 if(GetTag(OBJECT_SELF) == "GET_FIRSTPC")
       
{
         
 ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectVisualEffect(1000), OBJECT_SELF);
       
}


Fair Strides 2 05-03-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme kotor (Post 2831802)
Thanks so much Fair Strides we can do 5 points/second that would be perfect. Just out og my own curiosity I tried to make a script myslef looking at some of the scource scripts does any scripter know if this would work for an instant heal?

My script: (Im sorry if the makes you scripters cry it's prob a bunch of garbage)
Show spoiler

Yep, I'm crying. But a good first attempt. A tip in the future: things like bHeal, which are boolean values, usually have default values(that "=" factor from my tutorial) and those can be found in nwscript.nss.

Also, "GET_FIRSTPC" wouldn't work. You'd need the following:

Code:

if(GetTag(OBJECT_SELF) == GetFirstPC())
I'll get back to you with mine later and you can compare them, 'kay?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.